PDA

View Full Version : AC intima tank build

twoton
02-20-2009, 12:38 PM
So a guildie and I were discussing most ac in game. We figured around 90-93 ac. Anyways I was thinking of a intima tank build on this idea.

15monk/1rogue/halfling:

1st lvl rogue for umd and intima

with group buffs and and +3 tomes in dex and wis and a +1 tome in int for CE

2 greensteel kamas for exceptional bonuses to dex and wis and also +4 insight ac bonus

with group buffs and some elite gear as chattering ring and icy build should hit a 90 ac for longer than a minute. This guy should be able to umd shield wands of high lvl.

Without buffs and just items avg intimadate should be around mid 40's so with buffs well over 50.

Down sides is wont be able to do any real dmg to speak of and will have low hit points even for a monk.

Up side with high ac shouldnt get hit very often if at all. With such a high dex 40 with everything stat dmging wont be a problem.

Will have greater twf of course and wind stance tier 3.

What do you guys think.

Impaqt
02-20-2009, 12:42 PM
I think theres really no "Build" here for us to disect.

I see a lot of numbers, but no desription on how your planning on getting to them....

Mid 50's Intim is pretty low for a Halfling. Remeber, You get penalized an extra -4 on most mobs youwant to use the skill on.

also "Mid 40's" doest reallybuff to "Well over 50" theres really on 6 points of buff for intim... +4 from GH and +2 fromInspire Competence.

Borror0
02-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Will have greater twf of course and wind stance tier 3.
You can't have a GTWF on a 15 monk/1 rogue, which is why the build (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=154738) died in the egg.

twoton
02-20-2009, 01:02 PM
so is the intimidate to low to be worthwhile? Is there a roll for intimidate? Also GTWF is not a build killer for me since the build is not about doing the dmg but keeping the rest of the party from taking dmg. But if the intimidate is worthless no point in building it I guess.

I guess it could still be a worth while build but would have to go elf I guess and lose out on the 1 point of ac. But then my question would be how would you boost your con and still make out ac because tier 3 windstance would kill a starting 6 con at most 14 at end. Should I go water stance instead?

Anyways any help would be great because I only started this build and have her at lvl 2.

Borror0
02-20-2009, 01:08 PM
so is the intimidate to low to be worthwhile? Is there a roll for intimidate?
First question, I sort of reply to that earlier today (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2061853&postcount=14).

Second question, yup. You roll 1d20 for each mob. Your intimidate will be enough for trash mobs, too low for raid bosses.

twoton
02-20-2009, 02:15 PM
ok so this would be better I think. :P

32 pt build elf 15monk/1rogue:

starting stats:
str 8
dex 18
con 8
int 12
wis 18
cha 8

ending stats with items
str 14
dex 26
con 14
int 13
wis 34
cha 14

with these tomes used:
+3 dex tome 29 dex
+3 wis tome 37 wis
+2 cha tome 16 cha
+1 int tome (should take at lvl 1) 13 int

leet gear needed:
2 greensteel kamas, kamas should have this on them.
+1 exceptional wis
+1 exceptional dex
+2 exceptional cha
+4 insight to ac
icy +4 dodge to ac
chattering ring +3 dodge to ac

so ac should look like this:
59 unbuffed
66 self buffed
79 group buffed
90 with elite gear and group buffs and tomes

could have a maxed intimidate at 48 buffed

would this be a better build?

Borror0
02-20-2009, 02:22 PM
starting stats:
str 8
dex 18
con 8
int 12
wis 18
cha 8
Str and Con are way too low. Raise Str to enough to get Power Attack, at least. Con to at least 12, preferably 14 Con so you could grab Master Mountain Stance if it's any good. If possible, a few points in Cha would not hurt.

To me, the halfling version was much better.

maddmatt70
02-20-2009, 02:23 PM
so is the intimidate to low to be worthwhile? Is there a roll for intimidate? Also GTWF is not a build killer for me since the build is not about doing the dmg but keeping the rest of the party from taking dmg. But if the intimidate is worthless no point in building it I guess.

I guess it could still be a worth while build but would have to go elf I guess and lose out on the 1 point of ac. But then my question would be how would you boost your con and still make out ac because tier 3 windstance would kill a starting 6 con at most 14 at end. Should I go water stance instead?

Anyways any help would be great because I only started this build and have her at lvl 2.

I don't understand your issues regarding intmidate. Do you need intimidate to tank the Sulu on Vod normal, hard, or elite as main tank? The answer to that is no. Is there anywhere else where intimidate is required for an ac build? Again the answer is no. Clean, my guildie, tanked sulu on elite the other day without intimidate and did just fine - I can personally attest to this because I was the cleric healing him.

Impaqt
02-20-2009, 03:38 PM
I don't understand intmidate.

You coulda stopped there Matt.

Thanimal
02-20-2009, 03:50 PM
I took my best shot at a mostly-Monk intimitank and came up with this:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=162442

I liked the build, but then I decided I liked a vaguely similar mostly-Rogue even better:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=171456

Of course I should note that Impaqt, whom I greatly respect, didn't really like either build. However, he failed to convinced me :) -- my hypothesis is he was mostly put off by the fact that Monk AC just feels so cheesy. But them's da rules -- FOR NOW <ominous laughter>

We'll see if I still like either one someday when they get a little higher level!

Thanimal
02-20-2009, 03:53 PM
So a guildie and I were discussing most ac in game. We figured around 90-93 ac.

Just for fun, take a look at this thread, where 103 AC is theorized and a screen shot of 94 is shown:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=173504

Dammit! I am referencing my own threads like a maniac today! I think I've officially crossed over to Self-Important...

maddmatt70
02-20-2009, 04:01 PM
You coulda stopped there Matt.

I definitely get a feeling that you all should run with the crew I run with for a day or so. You would totally see my way of thinking.

Impaqt
02-20-2009, 04:11 PM
I definitely get a feeling that you all should run with the crew I run with for a day or so. You would totally see my way of thinking.

Doubt it. I dont contest that your way of doing this is wrong. I think you have a Valid tactic that works well for you. I am open to people playing the games with different styles and tactics.

I dont run your way because I Cant do it. I just run my builds the way I like to play.

maddmatt70
02-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Doubt it. I dont contest that your way of doing this is wrong. I think you have a Valid tactic that works well for you. I am open to people playing the games with different styles and tactics.

I dont run your way because I Cant do it. I just run my builds the way I like to play.

I think a big part of the thinking is trust your arcane. I really believe in what wiz and sorcs can do always have and well bards that goes without saying..

Impaqt
02-20-2009, 04:33 PM
I think a big part of the thinking is trust your arcane. I really believe in what wiz and sorcs can do always have and well bards that goes without saying..

No, thats not it at all.... Its about you playing your game and me plaing mine. One way is not more "Right" than the other. Maybe someday you'll understand that.