PDA

View Full Version : Here's a suggestion on how to derail the Plat Farmers

Gorbie
02-20-2009, 10:08 AM
All you have to do to put the plat farmers out of business is set the starting bid on the Auction House at the value the game gives the item AUTOMATICALLY. DO NOT give the auctioner the choice on what the starting bid is. He can still set the buyout wherever he likes but the minimum bid will always be what the game assigns. That way they can't list and relist the same item over and over at several million gold until some stupid noob pays them real money for enough fake money to buy what they are selling. I for one am sick of getting tells from toon names that are just a bang on the keyboard and going on the AH and seeing everything so overpriced you want to give away all your possessions and go live in a Silver Flame monastery on the outskirts of Shavarath ministering to the poor confused Devils.

negative
02-20-2009, 10:11 AM
While it would certainly put more power in the hands of the buyer, it just isn't feasible.

branmakmuffin
02-22-2009, 06:37 PM
You wanna stop plat farmer? Make all loot bound.

ShaeNightbird
02-22-2009, 08:10 PM
I really wouldn't like all loot to be bound because I wouldn't be able able to pass "heirloom" items down to my lowbies, which I do like.
Here's a suggestion ~ Something too expensive? Don't buy it. Do you suspect a plat farmer is selling it? Don't buy it. Someone offering to sell you in game currency for RL currency? Don't buy it.
I don't get tells from Ghjjhgfdg and his cronies anymore. Anon helps, but I don't think they're out there in droves like they used to be.

hobbitkniver
02-27-2009, 07:35 PM
I get tells from people that are random lettered names, but I didn't know there was a gang of them or something like that.

Moonblood
03-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Plat farmers don't sell to much on AH. It's quite the opposite, they buy up named loot and the rare weaponry for whatever rediculas price someone has it on AH for and sell it for Real Money on there websites... it's the greed of us as players that sell w/p for 10 kazillion plat pieces...and guess who's buy'n...that's right, Plat farmers... other than that It's generally some pioneer idiot who sells a +1 thundering rapier of punctureing for 4,000,000 gp ... and it never sells, so they recycle inventory every three days until they get a grip on useing the AH. Attaining Plat is faster and more effecient useing the AH at marginal and market value and the plat farmers know this full well. So next time you see the rediculas prices canvasing the AH, it's usually because one stooge see's another stooge with a sub par weapon for massive gp and jumps on the bandwagon...

Thaddeus
04-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Stopping Plat Farmers is like trying to stop Drug Dealers. As long as there's a market, someone will be there with supply.

weyoun
04-01-2009, 07:31 PM
I really don't see how plat is a problem. Its easy to get, items are priced according to its relative utility and there isn't the pervasive plat farmer problem that there was a year ago.