PDA

View Full Version : Turbine Rewards Points

Hafeal
02-19-2009, 12:28 PM
So, as we discuss "Favor" rewards in another thread, I have advocated a bifurcated system. One for your in-game characters which affects them directly (the current favor system) and a second which rewards your ACCOUNT.

The main change would be that 32 point builds would be removed from the favor system(edit: drow too).

I would propose Turbine establish a reward system for players based on the length of the subscription and perhaps use of premium services. This would be similar to a reward system offered through traditional retailers and product providers.

Solely as a starting point, open to suggestion, it could look something like this:

3 mos. consecutive subscription: Drow unlocked
6 mos. consecutive subscription: 32 point builds on 1 server
9 mos. consecutive subscription: 1 free character transfer between servers, 1 free name change
12 mo. consecutive subscription: 32 point builds on all servers
15 mo. consecutive subscription: 1 server cross character bank slot (1 panel)
18 mo. consecutive subscription: 1 extra character slot on 1 server
24 mo. consecutive subscription: cross-server special optional "title" for all characters, chance to change the appearance of a character of your choice.

Yes, yes, I know some of this is not yet available and would have to be implemented, if possible. But it is a thought. I am sure my fellow forumites can be creative and give me some other options. :)

1 caveat - No rewards which directly affect gameplay or character advancement - those are for the in-game favor system.

EDIT: I am open to modifying the system to include credits for bringing people into the game (I believe Turbine currently awards you playing time for this) or paying and using premium services.

Garth_of_Sarlona
02-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Can I collect Turbine reward points at my local gas station?

Garth

kingfisher
02-19-2009, 01:24 PM

Garth

no but you can trade them for some gov'mnt cheese

shores11
02-19-2009, 01:42 PM
So, as we discuss "Favor" rewards in another thread, I have advocated a bifurcated system. One for your in-game characters which affects them directly (the current favor system) and a second which rewards your ACCOUNT.

The main change would be that 32 point builds would be removed from the favor system(edit: drow too).

I would propose Turbine establish a reward system for players based on the length of the subscription and perhaps use of premium services. This would be similar to a reward system offered through traditional retailers and product providers.

Solely as a starting point, open to suggestion, it could look something like this:

3 mos. consecutive subscription: Drow unlocked
6 mos. consecutive subscription: 32 point builds on 1 server
9 mos. consecutive subscription: 1 free character transfer between servers, 1 free name change
12 mo. consecutive subscription: 32 point builds on all servers
15 mo. consecutive subscription: 1 server cross character bank slot (1 panel)
18 mo. consecutive subscription: 1 extra character slot on 1 server
24 mo. consecutive subscription: cross-server special optional "title" for all characters, chance to change the appearance of a character of your choice.

Yes, yes, I know some of this is not yet available and would have to be implemented, if possible. But it is a thought. I am sure my fellow forumites can be creative and give me some other options. :)

1 caveat - No rewards which directly affect gameplay or character advancement - those are for the in-game favor system.

EDIT: I am open to modifying the system to include credits for bringing people into the game (I believe Turbine currently awards you playing time for this) or paying and using premium services.

I like the favor system exactly the way it is now. So a change in unlocking drow or granting 32 point builds simply for playing the game is something I am not in favor of.

uhgungawa
02-19-2009, 01:45 PM
I kinda like it, but leave in the favor so there is 2 ways for people that come and go.

Hafeal
02-19-2009, 02:35 PM
I kinda like it, but leave in the favor so there is 2 ways for people that come and go.

I agree, I am not advocating a removal of the current in-game favor system. I am simply saying remove "account" rewards for 'character' rewards for the in-game system.

Sure, why not? :D

Deadz
02-19-2009, 02:39 PM

Garth
No, but you can get a free cup with your favorite ddo character on it with every 8 gallon or more fill up.

Hafeal
02-19-2009, 04:28 PM
No, but you can get a free cup with your favorite ddo character on it with every 8 gallon or more fill up.

I knew my fellow forumites wouldn't let me down with their creativity! :D

Hafeal
06-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Hmmm ... maybe I wasn't so far off after all - Turbine points?

:p

Wade
06-09-2009, 11:32 AM
I like the favor system exactly the way it is now. So a change in unlocking drow or granting 32 point builds simply for playing the game is something I am not in favor of.

i agree with you fizban