PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Silver Dragons

Remington
02-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Greetings traveler,

First and foremost, I feel it is important for you to clearly understand who we are, what we value, and most importantly, how you might fit into our community. This guide was created for this very reason. So for now, sit back, relax, and allow me to walk you through the steps required to become a part of what we truly believe is the best online community (guild) around. So go and refill your coffee cup, I’ll continue when you return…

…Ok, good…here we go:

The first thing to remember, above all else, we pride ourselves on being a rather mature community although most of our significant others may beg to differ. This organization is not interested in blasting through content just to be the 1st at anything. We, as one of our guild mates have stated, play these games to have fun, relax, decompress from work, and enjoy the content. Stopping to smell the flowers along the way is what we’re all about. So, does this sound like you? -=chuckles=- Good! Read on…

Our community is very interested in how we might be able to leverage our Role-Playing talents and imaginations to enhance the gaming experience. Does this mean we are a hardcore role-playing community? Absolutely not, but we’re mature enough to respect the various playing styles of our members. Anything we can think of doing to make the experience more exciting and entertaining for the group, we’re all over it. Don't get me wrong... You'll find a few of us (quite few actually) that are very much interested in the elite end-game content as well...so brace yourself! hehe

We don’t endorse mass recruitment, or “blind recruiting” in any way, shape or form. Numbers, frankly, are far less important to us than the quality of the people around us. If you wish to enter our stronghold and become one, with the Order of the Silver Dragons, we welcome you to continue reading these scrolls in order to familiarize yourself with our culture and our laws.

I believe the most critical thing I can tell you at this point is that we value our online community. Communication is key. Our online forums are the core and heart of this organization. Your contributions there are how we measure your worth. There will be a day, a time, an age, when this game, or that, will fade away into oblivion but as we see it, the Order will remain… This is not just a “Gaming Guild” you are joining friend, it is a community of peers, and we’re a family.

Traveler, if you can live with our beliefs, we welcome you.

================================================== ======

Guild Vitals:

Birth: Our community was born during the pre-release phase of DDO. Our online community was founded January 9th 2006. We've been around for some time now and have a very strong circle of regulars. Our doors are always open for new and friendly faces.

Member Count: Who cares... =P People come, people go... people have RL priorities that pull them away from the game for a while... Regardless, we're friends! hehe We'll be here when you return.

Important (please read):

When you arrive to our site... Click the VERY large recruitment button (you can't miss it). Take the time to read the introduction thread (not just the first post). The entire thread will walk you through the recruitment process, which is rather painless...but there's important things you should know before joining (the devil is in the details). If you miss a step, you'll be ignored most likely....not because we're snobs... but because you'll simply get lost in the shuffle.

Donnie
02-19-2009, 08:35 AM
We are actively recruiting at the moment, so if you are looking for a fun easygoing no BS guild we are the place for you. Doesn't matter if you are an experienced player or a new player its all about good communication and good times...with good people! Check out our website at http://silverdragons-lair.net or hit one of us up in game to find out more!

:D

Vra
02-26-2009, 04:10 AM
might I add that we have 3-4ish ppl playing from europe for various reasons - so if you are in the same position feel free to poke around our website and see if you like it :)

also, if english is not your primary language - it dosnt matter! as long as you know enough to communicate via chat at least then we are good to go. Communication and fun is imperative when we venture out into the wildlands around stormreach

- cheers!
vra

GreenLotus
02-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Take it from me being in the newest group of members to the OSD rosters. It is a blast playing with people from all walks of life comming together. We have players in many different time zones which is only an addative nature to the role playing of the game. The single greatest thing about being part of the Order of the Silver Dragons is it's a foundry guild and there are some really knowledgable players. They have helped me learn the ropes quickly and it has made my gaming experience much better. So if you see an OSD member in game whether you are interested in being part of the guild or not just say hey we are a good group and will welcome you all into Stormreach with a helping hand.

sooktest
02-28-2009, 02:15 AM
I have never played with a better group of people.

OSD!! 3 years strong....

Beherit_Baphomar
02-28-2009, 09:48 PM
I have never played with a better group of people.

OSD!! 3 years strong....

Back to AoC with you!

Giantsbane
03-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Aye, OSD is a great bunch of people. Even, those who defected to AoC are ok.

For all you new OSD folks, make sure you introduce yourselves to us Shriners. We have enjoyed our alliance with OSD and would welcome the opportunity to group with you new folks.

Gurg

Donnie
03-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Yes yes, another great part of being a dragon is our alliance with Shriners Anonymous...as well as their friends at O. Always a great group of people to play with!

Dont you worry Gurg, we've been making sure the new recruits are up to speed with our alliance and hopefully you guys will get to play with more of them over the coming weeks. :)

urnobick
04-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Hello,
I'm very new to DDO but have played a bit of D&D in the past. Just getting my feet wet and really enjoying the game. I'm still on the starter island and having a blast. I did enjoy the intro read and would like to perhaps join you on an adventure or two. I do have a question though. It seems some of you guild numbers are playing AoC. Is OSD still active here?

Donnie
04-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Hello,
I'm very new to DDO but have played a bit of D&D in the past. Just getting my feet wet and really enjoying the game. I'm still on the starter island and having a blast. I did enjoy the intro read and would like to perhaps join you on an adventure or two. I do have a question though. It seems some of you guild numbers are playing AoC. Is OSD still active here?

Yes we are definately active in DDO. There was a period of time last year where a lot of our members went to AoC, but some of us stayed with DDO or came back to it at some point and have spent the past few months recruiting and getting our numbers back up. We are actively recruiting at the moment. :)

Now is a great time to join, lots of new members lately and people of all level ranges...from founding players to newbs who just started. If you are interested feel free to look one of us up in game or head over to silverdragons-lair.net and make an intro post in our "silver gates" section. You will notice tons of announcements about AoC lately on the site but thats mainly due to alliance and sieging activities that they are doing in that game...seems there is always some sort of collaboration or drama amongst guilds for them to talk about lol. There are not as many announcements for DDO becasue we are too busy questing, because thats what DDO is all about! ;)

Donnie
05-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Just a shout to new and old players alike that are looking for a guild, check us out at www.silverdragonslair.net!

..and here is something totally not DDO related, but a fun bump nevertheless. Check out this trailer for a new movie by Zsolaith and the rest of our AoC chapter:

http://www.youtube.com/v/e3GjU0SUKPQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1 width=1000 height=625 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"

velimos
06-10-2009, 04:44 PM
just wanted to be seen in the thread

legbaddo
06-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Still active and recruiting? I am curious, I was an original member but left DDO very quickly, and I'm going to give it another try (tried briefly last summer, but bought a house and there went free time).

I was looking for members online but couldn't find any.

velimos
06-16-2009, 02:53 PM
they are still there somewhere..

Donnie
07-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Just a heads up to all new players out there that we are actively recruiting :)

Check us out at http://silverdragons-lair.net to find out what we are all about!

Donnie
07-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Check out our AoC chapters recent Machinima debut: The Last Bastion

http://silverdragons-lair.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9576

Donnie
07-27-2009, 07:21 PM
A little shout out to any like minded new players coming in with the EU release...

Check us out at silverdragons-lair.net to see if we are the guild for you :)

Lerincho
07-28-2009, 10:10 AM
good group of people. entertaining and get the job done with ease. pleased to call a few of them friends. now the S.A. people, that's a different story :D

Donnie
08-21-2009, 05:27 PM
good group of people. entertaining and get the job done with ease. pleased to call a few of them friends. now the S.A. people, that's a different story :D

Thanks for the words, and the bump! :D

Giantsbane
08-21-2009, 05:35 PM

Aye, Shriners Anonymous is a different story, and we like it that way. :D

Donnie
08-21-2009, 05:36 PM
We have been as active as ever at OSD, lots of new faces and great new personalities in the mix lately! Its amazing that we have been able to recruit the caliber of people we have been during our current recruitment push.

That said, I also want to extend a public thank you to those from other guilds who have given us feedback on a undesirable recruit here and there. We appreciate this feedback greatly and value our reputation on the server as a whole.

Lerincho
08-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Someone has to keep you guys out of trouble. :P

You can't let B leave though!!!!!!

Tymoriel_Ayreweaver
08-26-2009, 11:16 AM
We have been as active as ever at OSD, lots of new faces and great new personalities in the mix lately! Its amazing that we have been able to recruit the caliber of people we have been during our current recruitment push.

That said, I also want to extend a public thank you to those from other guilds who have given us feedback on a undesirable recruit here and there. We appreciate this feedback greatly and value our reputation on the server as a whole.

I joined OSD about 2 weeks ago after leaving another guild. I am really quite happy here. A lot of really good people and very helpful. I returned about 2 months ago after a 3 year hiaitus.. so there is still a TON of content I have yet to experience. OSD has really helped me to experience quests and areas other than GH and the Vale. I am really greatful for that. Oh and I should point out that I am extremely undesirable but I freely admit this fact :P

Vengenance
08-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Oh and I should point out that I am extremely undesirable but I freely admit this fact :P

/signed

:eek: Hope to see you in game in a week or two, or whenever Dell decides to relinquish my computer.

Donnie
09-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Just a little rump a bump bump for any new and/or returning players looking for a home, we are still recruiting and are as active as ever! Check us out at http://silverdragons-lair.net to see if you fit the bill!

Valdart
09-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Yeah, what the boss man said! Got in on my first shroud run last night, a little confusing at first but great fun!

Valdart
09-25-2009, 09:18 AM
Plenty to do with us. Just hit eleventh with my favored soul, my warforged pally hit eighteenth during our weekly shroud run and I've got a few lowbies in the works. Stop by give us a look to see if we might be right for you.

http://silverdragons-lair.net

wonderwyrm
09-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Hey whats up guys?

Was interested in joining your guild, if anything just to have people to run stuff with.

Whats the process?

Ive started a reformed thief template off the new player forums, 28pt build.

OpallNotten
10-05-2009, 10:44 AM
I love OSD:p

Great Guild For New And Old Players :)

Always A Good Time With You Guys! Keep Up The Good Work:D

~Opall~

shinmade
10-05-2009, 11:07 AM
I saw Yndrofium yesterday. WB dude.

Vorn
10-05-2009, 01:12 PM

Yep, he was back and so was Bee!!! The weekend seemed like old times!
:)

Donnie
10-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks Opall! Always a pleasure :)

Its awesome that everyone's been back around lately. We got the old gang, we got the new gang...the guild is just plain rocking right now! :cool:

Donnie
10-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey whats up guys?

Was interested in joining your guild, if anything just to have people to run stuff with.

Whats the process?

Ive started a reformed thief template off the new player forums, 28pt build.

Dont want to forget, if haven't already head on over to http://silverdragons-lair.net and click the "recruitment" link. That will explain everything!

Donnie
10-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Attention new DDO aspirants looking to join OSD!

As of today, October 10th 2009, the DDO chapter of OSD has begun a temporary recruitment freeze. This will last about 2 or 3 weeks as needed.

We have had many GREAT new members lately, and are humbled by your interest in our guild, but in the communities best interest we must occasionally shut the gates to give us all time to bond....and our officers time to breathe! =)

As soon as this changes we will update all outlets to guild recruitment, so if you still have a heavy interest in our guild don't loose hope! This test of patience may even become a true indicator of one showing genuine interest in our community. So please continue to check up and apply when the time is right!

Wiredd
10-25-2009, 11:10 AM
I am interested in joining and I will wait if I need to .I'm an experianced gamer but I am new to this game.
I'm 42 and my hobbie is gaming. I was wondering if you guys have team speak or ventrilo and activly use it?
Just wondered because I like to hang out and BS with people when playing.
If you are intersted in me plz contact Wiredd in game . thanks

Donnie
10-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Hey Wiredd,

We are currently under a recruitment freeze that will end sometime this week. In the meantime, feel free to sign up at silverdragons-lair.net and click on the "recruitment" link to get aquainted with the requirements for joining. :cool:

Wiredd
10-27-2009, 04:44 PM
will do and thanks

Yndrofian
10-28-2009, 01:22 PM

thanks! :D

its REALLY good to be back!

...(though the wife may differ a bit on the topic :o )

Valdart
11-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Recruitment is back on! Stop by and give us a look.

http://silverdragons-lair.net

ric0
11-09-2009, 01:16 PM
been playing with this bunch of players since i moved to the US servers, awesome stuff, freindly, helpfull, active, what more could you ask for!!!

anyway, free bump :)

Orion_M42X
11-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Hi,

I've been playing DDO since it went F2P. I have a premium account now... having access to 80%+ of the quests. I've had a great time playing. Now, I'm looking to be a part of something. I've been eyeballing OOSD for a bit now and would like to check things out.

I have a L9 DPS paladin (Solaryn) and L13 wizard (Astiir). It would be nice to group with some OOSD folks prior. Do any of you have toons around my level that can group with me?

Donnie
11-21-2009, 01:26 AM
First things first, if you havent already please check out http://silverdragons-lair.net. You can find out pretty much anything about OSD there. The "recruitment" button on the front page will go over the ins and outs of the guild and what we look for from new applicants. :cool:

As far as grouping in game, we have people of all level ranges and levels of experience in DDO. However, since most of us have many alts, what levels we are playing at the time can vary. If you really want to coordinate a meetup before applying, I suggest creating an account on our website and creating a post in our silver gates section. This is our official "intro" area and the best place to start.

Syrbryce
02-21-2010, 05:29 PM
*Looks around, pokes Bee, runs away giggleing madly!*

Syrbryce
03-01-2010, 04:40 PM
*adjusts Chippendale tie*

/dance2

*receives 20K Plat*

dengar
03-20-2010, 02:08 AM
I finally was able to access my forums account again WOOHOO 8^)

Collanaro
04-11-2010, 06:27 AM
I joined OSD just a little while ago and so far, it's everything I hoped it would be and more. To see a guild with such a great name was such a relief after having played many other games where you would almost never find any creativity in naming characters or guilds, no sense of adventure or thought.

So if you're like me and see us in game and think, now that sounds like it might be a really cool guild to join, you won't be disappointed ^_^ Come run some dungeons with me anytime if I'm on, if you'd like to get to know someone in the guild. I'm friendly and easy going, and always looking for something to do. I'm on pretty frequently. Look for Calalafea, my monk.

They're friendly, helpful and have a great sense of humor and camaraderie, and oh my gosh is the Order ever active! Since joining I've been on guild runs almost every time I've been online. There's many level 20 players running raids several times a week, and a sizeable group of lower level characters moving up through the world of Eberron together. It's not at all like other games I've played where no one wants to run anything except maybe every couple of weeks.

Far and away the best guild I have ever been in, and what I've been looking for ever since I started playing MMO's. I'm ecstatic and honored to be a part of it ^_^

Donnie
04-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Aspiring recruits...HALT!

Effective immediately, The Order of the Silver Dragons will be undergoing a three (3) week recruitment freeze. Between the dates of April 19th and May 10th we will NOT be accepting any new applications to the guild, so please keep this in mind if seeking entry to our order. With that said, anyone willing to hold out for acceptance is welcome to wait until this period is over before applying at our website.

We appreciate your interest in OSD and will let you all know as soon we have opened our gates for recruitment once again. Happy Hunting!

*casts grease and slams gates shut with a snicker*

Ganak
04-20-2010, 03:09 PM
OSD gets Ganak's stamp of approval!

Lerincho
04-21-2010, 02:48 PM
OSD gets Ganak's stamp of approval!

ah yes, the dreaded kiss of death has arrived. :D your loot has now been cursed? oh come on you've all seen what he pulls out of chests, need I say more? :D

Spoonwelder
04-21-2010, 03:07 PM
I joined OSD just a little while ago and so far, it's everything I hoped it would be and more. To see a guild with such a great name was such a relief after having played many other games where you would almost never find any creativity in naming characters or guilds, no sense of adventure or thought.

...snip

Far and away the best guild I have ever been in, and what I've been looking for every since I started playing MMO's. I'm ecstatic and honored to be a part of it ^_^

I will second Collanaro - I just joined maybe two weeks ago after dropping out of another guild that just wasn't doing it for me. My expectations were low since I had a bad experience to start with. But Collanaro is right - open, helpful, lots of scheduled runs going on and quick to fill a group if you have some gumption to start one. I got on the other day and saw that most others were out of my level range (higher or lower) so I setup a Spine run and posted the LFM and posted in guild chat - two people that were in range joined as soon as they were available and a couple others switch alts to join. It was great to know I had a few people in the crew I could rely on without question and the run went super smooth even as I was the only 'healer' (plus 2 bards and a ranger).

Fun group - highly recommend joining when the gates reopen.

Lerincho
04-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Aspiring recruits...HALT!

Effective immediately, The Order of the Silver Dragons will be undergoing a three (3) week recruitment freeze. Between the dates of April 19th and May 10th we will NOT be accepting any new applications to the guild, so please keep this in mind if seeking entry to our order. With that said, anyone willing to hold out for acceptance is welcome to wait until this period is over before applying at our website.

We appreciate your interest in OSD and will let you all know as soon we have opened our gates for recruitment once again. Happy Hunting!

*casts grease and slams gates shut with a snicker*

but.... but..... ah man, i hate doors slamming in front of me. :( I'll get you Donnie! :D

Donnie
05-03-2010, 04:14 PM
*the gates creep open followed by rumbling laughter and a swift scent of ale*

Hey there everyone! One more week until this OSD sexy party...*burp*...I mean...recruitment freeze is over! You know what, im gonna send a keg out for you all while you wait.

*naked elf runs past*

Okay, well, you might want to give that some time. We are a little busy at the moment here. ;)

Ashnon
05-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Hi OSD,
As it is now the 10th and scheduled end of your recruitment freeze (yes I have been lurking around your site), are gates open or do you need a little more time for maintenance? I will try chat with one of your guild and hope to run a few groups with you guys while I polish up my application.

Donnie
05-19-2010, 07:37 AM
We needed a little more time to clean up after the party, but yes, the gates have finally opened! Thanks for everyones patience, and welcome to the new members that have already arrived at our gates!

All aspiring recruits should report to our newly updated website at silverdragons-lair.net, a drunk naked dwarf should be there to greet you shortly. :D

TheJusticar
05-19-2010, 10:25 AM
We needed a little more time to clean up after the party, but yes, the gates have finally opened! Thanks for everyones patience, and welcome to the new members that have already arrived at our gates!

All aspiring recruits should report to our newly updated website at silverdragons-lair.net, a drunk naked dwarf should be there to greet you shortly. :D

I've got to say, I'm impressed how the guild has managed to grow (and healthily so) since a mere couple months ago. Guild chat's been an absolute riot and helping all the new folks getting geared out is always cool. Best move I've made in my 3 years in this game. Positive attitude + raunchy and crude humor + overall willingness to hjielp = priceless.

Donnie
05-23-2010, 05:07 PM
:cool:

Speaking of growth in happy places, here is fun shot of our current group at our favorite meeting place:

OSD GET NAKED MAY 2010 - ATRAXiAS SPA
http://sitnspinproductions.com/ddo/osdmay2010web.jpg

Donnie
07-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Heres some fun shots of us on the new airship :)

The airship and its crew
http://sitnspinproductions.com/ddo/shipandcrew.jpg

Cloudy close up
http://sitnspinproductions.com/ddo/cloudycloseup.jpg

Walk de plank
http://sitnspinproductions.com/ddo/walkdeplank.jpg

Lost at sea
http://sitnspinproductions.com/ddo/lostatsea.jpg

Donnie
10-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Hail travelers!

OSD is now looking to add some fresh blood to our already thriving band of disposable heroes. :D

Anyone interested in finding out more is welcome to visit our website at silverdragons-lair.net (http://silverdragons-lair.net) to see what we are all about. There you can find a complete overview of our guild and our application process.

Please, only serious applicants need apply. We are looking for individuals who intend to become part of the family, not fly by night adventurers, so please keep this in mind before applying :cool:

Donnie
12-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Just a heads up to all...our website is temporarily down and will hopefully be up again shortly!

Donnie
12-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Website is back up now!

Collanaro
01-08-2011, 11:10 AM
We're approaching our level 60 guild fame announcement ^_^ Two more levels to go!

I've got to say, it's pretty awesome how much is going on. We've got regular raid runs going on most nights of the week now! Shroud, Reaver, Tower of Despair, Vision of Destruction, Hound of Xoriat, and every so often flagging runs for specific raids pop up on Saturdays. My brother's starting up a late-night leveling event so hopefully that'll become a regular thing as well.

Ooh and the new airship is totally awesome! I mean it has private rooms...I mean cabins, with one-way...er with doors yet!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/Elentirne/ScreenShot00097small.jpg

OSD really has everything you could want from a guild, both casual and serious. Great people to run and hang out with, raiding, lots of experienced, knowledgeable players. One of the toughest things for me in other MMOs was that casual guilds with likeable easy-going people in them could almost never muster the numbers and geared high-level players to run enough raids and end-game content, and raiding guilds took the game too seriously and wouldn't let you in if you weren't a power player who spent several entire evenings a week online.

Oh, and whoever snapped that pic of me running by when Donnie opened the gates, I will find you sooner or later!

Donnie
01-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Just a heads up to any aspiring recruits, our website is temporarily down again. Should be up again soon! :cool:

Donnie
01-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Website is back up and running again. :cool:

Vissarion
04-26-2011, 10:33 AM
For the time being, Order of the Silver Dragons is not recruiting.

OpallNotten
04-26-2011, 12:38 PM
After being gone for so long, lots of the familiar names are just not around anymore:(

Good to see you guys still around:)

Opall:p

Donnie
04-27-2011, 02:39 AM
Hey Opall! Yep OSD is still around, naturally a lot of the vets have strayed but thankfully we have been able to attract new peoples to fill the ranks!

With that said, its as good a time as any to announce that im going through another DDO break and have passed the leadership...

All hail Vissarion!! :cool: