PDA

View Full Version : Weakening

Roziel_Longblade
02-15-2009, 07:10 PM
What happens when a monster is reduced to 0str?

Nyvn
02-15-2009, 07:13 PM
They're helpless, can' cast/attack, and you get auto crits on them.

Raiken
02-15-2009, 07:13 PM
reducing any stat to 0 will render a creature helpless (all hits are crit except on a 1) except for con, 0 con kills

Roziel_Longblade
02-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks

Blazer
02-15-2009, 07:49 PM
They're helpless, can' cast/attack, and you get auto crits on them.

That bold part is supposed to be theoretically true, but I have yet to see it be the case in game.

Impaqt
02-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Mobs do NOT become "Helpless" as per PnP Rules. they can still Attack and Move about normally. They do indeed suffer the penalty to hit from loss of str damage though (20STR reduced to 0 means they get a -10 to hit)

Roziel_Longblade
02-15-2009, 10:53 PM
So casters, beholders, and things like wrights are pretty much unaffected at 0str?

Hobgoblin
02-15-2009, 10:59 PM
no beholders cant cast spells at 0 str

MrCow
02-15-2009, 11:00 PM
So casters, beholders, and things like wrights are pretty much unaffected at 0str?

Its the opposite. Casters, beholders, and mind flayers are vastly crippled when at 0 STR (as they can't cast or use spell-like abilities).

Hobgoblin
02-15-2009, 11:29 PM
its the orthons that are annoying with a 0 str

getting auto crits and still taking 10 to 20 a swing and they still dont miss!!

Drekisen
02-16-2009, 01:14 AM
...monsters will still be able to hit u. I'd say the biggest boon to using a w/e weapon is definately against casters. It is just great as it makes them utterly useless against u. U can get them enfeebled and just start working on the rest of the mobs as thier melee attacks usually don't land. Worked very well when I was solo'ing Sleeping Dust with my fighter...still took forever tho...lol. On melee type mobs tho, I find a good DPS weapon, definately greater banes, will kill them just as quick if not quicker than the time it takes to get them helpless then crit them to death.

On another note, just be aware that things like elemental attacks are not magic but actually a part of thier being, so even if u ebfeeble them they will still be able to cast lightning, fire and earthgrab. Mephits on the other hand will lose thier abilities to summon and use thier breath weapon once enfeebled.

Roziel_Longblade
02-16-2009, 12:42 PM
I am just getting started again so I dont have good anything, let alone customizable dps weapons. However I have a weakening weapon, and an idea for a solo build, so figured I would get out there an get some equipment and pp the hard way. Thanks for all the info.

Tzung Longblade the Crazy Monk/Cleric/Pally/Sorc incoming