PDA

View Full Version : What are YOU hoping to see in MOD 9

Auran82
02-15-2009, 08:10 AM
Was thinking earlier about the things I am hoping to see in MOD 9 and what concerns I have and whether or not they will be dealt with in the (hopefully) soon to be release new Module.

Would be interested to see others thoughts and concerns on what they are looking forward to/concerned about. This is by no means meant to be a rant or whinge, just curious how things are headed.

In no particular order:

Random/named loot.
It has become quite clear to many of us (and has been highlighted by this loot weekend) that 95% or possibly more of the random loot we get at end game is simply junk, stuff which I see when I open the chest and could not think of a single use for the item other than to be vendored, many of it simply does not make sense that someone would put their time and effort into crafting it (from a RP viewpoint) and I am interested to see what they do going forward.

Are we going to start seeing new abilities on stuff, in this more thinking some of the shroud bonuses and effects (lightning strike, exceptional stats etc) or are we just going to have to hope useful consolidation effects turn up (not sure how min levels work out, and whether at lvl19 or lvl19rr things like +5 <stat> of GFL/Heavy Fort can be generated) Are we going to be able to loot stuff like +6 Dex gloves of Ex Dex +1? or a Holy Longsword of Lightning strike?

Named item wise, I am hoping they have lots up their sleeve to give us options and the high levels for gearing up our characters, whether it be raid loot or just randomly dropped named items. And I really really hope we get some more options for things like Gtr Arcane Lore.

The second thing I am really looking forward to is the quests and raids they have lined up for us, I am really looking forward to what we get and I hope for the games sake that we are looking at something at least the size of GH, maybe twice the size.

The last thing that comes to mind at the moment is what they are going to do about the 'mid level blues' which many people experience, currently these tend to run from about 8 - 12 (when the character can run with the capped characters without xp loss) but once the cap raises to 20, that level will go up to 17, I saw one of the devs mention that they were doing more to make optionals in quests more worthwhile xp wise, so maybe that is part of dealing with that. I am interested to see what they do.

In any case, I am looking forward to MOD 9 and seeing what direction they are taking the game, I apologise that this ended up a bit wordy and am interested in seeing what others think, both about what I wrote and what their own concerns/hopes are for the new module.

Vorn
02-15-2009, 09:06 AM
More named/random loot...if it isn't a +2 tome or a w/p or something similar in the suffix/prefix almost all the stuff we pull these days is vendor fodder.

Whirling steel strike. I like the monk feats from the Eberron source material (mostly because I played a pally/monk in a PnP game in Eberron). I'd even want ascetic rogue/ascetic ranger/monastic training, for example, as feat prereqs for multiclassing monks.:):eek:

More interesting clothing/shield designs...for high levels the uniform of d.t./hound shields is a bit dull.

More monster variety in quests--not only with regard to types of monsters but to hit bonuses (instead of a flat rate of +40 to hit how about +30 +(3d10) for example), ac, spell usage, etc....

Good stories, interesting quests (hoping that with the abbot changing their will be a revival of interest in the orchard which has, imho, some very well designed quests).

Something for favor--my main guy has everything but the abbot...1750 was a long time ago. Another bank slot, a tele mask, access to some nice potions that aren't as debilitating as the silver flame, a badge/clickie of something or other, purchasing longer/better buffs, some other creative knicknack.

Boldrin
02-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Nudity.... lol. I heard there were Succubi :)

Aranticus
02-15-2009, 09:34 AM
real crafting so my wizzy can make some really nice solid fog 10/rest clickie

ps: boldrin, turbine prolly give ya inccubus

Venar
02-15-2009, 10:12 AM
1- A use for Soul Gems
Crafting would be nice

2- More solid trash mobs / larger fights
In most quest, trash mobs come into spawns of 2 to 5. So they die in 2 second. In fact, people even gather them for firewalls or blade barrier.
More solid, bigger fights, with varied mobs and more spellcasters, would bring crowd control back into the game, and skill.
1 Gelatineous Cube is NOT a thread.
3 Cubes mixed with a dozen Trolls and 5 Fire elementals, now you are talking.

3- More Rest Shrines
Seriously. If Casters wanna mainting DPS to compete, allow them to use Spellpoints.
1 Shrine quests (like rainbow, prey, etc..) really limits caster expression, mostly wizards.

4- Hopefully, many quests.

I have little hope there. With the current status of the staff, i expect only a few quests that will have to be repeated 30 times, some outdoors, and graphic recycling. But i can hope!

5- Less item grind

After Relics, Ingredients, and Runes, i would enjoy something that does not rely on quest repetition.
But i have little hopes.

Mhykke
02-15-2009, 10:20 AM
2 raids.

20+ new high level quests.

Deriaz
02-15-2009, 10:23 AM
I know I saw Warforged Juggernaut around here, so I'm pumped for that. But for my friend's sake, I'm hoping that Reforged will make an appearance too.

-D

Stamp3de
02-15-2009, 10:36 AM
I want raid loot such as armor with the appearance that is actually raid loot, not some random piece of armor. For example marilith chain from dq is unique. People know what it is just by lookin at it. The VoD fullplate looks the same as the mithral fp of speed..ml 2 item i think. Ya Dragontouched armor was ok, although not raid loot (raid-ish I guess), but still not as cool.

Jefro
02-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Magic items

I also like to see new abilities on magical items. Can we get greater arcane lore or seeker on a ring? For the new set of quests to have more named items, last mod was disappointing. I like them to fix abbot named items durations. and maybe add new raid items to abbot since they are redoing it. Older raids need items for monk. Maybe get us some red scales from the dragon. This way once we finish new content we have something else to do that we have not already done during the wait for this mod.

Collectible crafting

They need to add to the crafting, maybe give abilities like fire and cold guard or skill bonuses.

kingfisher
02-15-2009, 12:36 PM
high end unique items
lots of one shot quests (no chains please)
more collectable crafting rituals
lowbie raid

gHzSWB
02-15-2009, 12:44 PM
I would be happy to see content, presumable high end to fill new levels, that is not all romper room wacky like the Shroud and Reaver but more like the lower content in so far as it is something you tackle and defeat rather than just persevere or overwhelm. Stuff more like what the game was built for and not stuff that seems built only to occupy subscription time.

That being said, I would be happiest to see one line on the patch notes or change list ofr MOD 9:

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE™: Stormreach™
MOD 9
Change List / Patch Notes
* Lag eliminated, players of this 6 man, and sometimes 12 man, game will no longer experience regular and persistent lag.

That would make a succesfull MOD, the most succesfull MOD of them all.

Aesop
02-15-2009, 01:06 PM
1. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=170912&highlight=aesop
I would love to see my Wishlist implemented.

2. Crafting on a more diverse level.
2a. Ability to craft custom items (not the uber items of the shroud, just items customized for the character building them)
2b. Expanded Ritual Crafting that build upong the current Rituals and other new Rituals.

3. Better utility of DPS and broader DPS Options for Casters.
3a. Reserve Feats/Enhancements to give more consistant DPS ability to Casters
3b. Moderation of Some of the Mob HP to make DPS an effective means of dispatching Trash Mobs.

4. Fix Stat Damagers. A 0 Strength, Dex or any other Stat (except Con which causes Death) should effectively "paralyze" a Mob, they should not be roaming around trying to die so they can respawn or still swinging at us and doing damage.

5. Massive Content infusion. I'm thinking two to four Raids and at least fifteen to twenty-five new quests , not all of which should be connected directly to the new raids. You have four new character levels to work with so you need a lot of stuff to do.

Aesop

Lorichie
02-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Guess this didnt go through first time:

All i want is that every demographic of the game finds something that it enjoys to bring back, at least for as long as possible the excitement most of us felt when we first started....Possible? dunno, but thats all i want.

R

PurdueDave
02-15-2009, 03:16 PM
A variety of quests...raids/non-raids...short/long...easy/hard. And no collecting rat tails to flag for things. I much prefer the old school "talk to the guy, run the damn quest."

Kalari
02-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Id like to see newer useful spells. I love playing Kalari but now that leveling is done till the cap increase I find playing her just to socialize only. Theres no anticipation of getting a new spell or spell slot :( thats my favorite part of the game as strange as it sounds. Getting that new level testing the spells I get at said level. But besides summoning a pretty kitty I dont think I use any of the level 8 spells hardly unless im goofing off and throwing them for that purpose.

Im hoping to see spells that make arcanes stand out without needing to grind the best gear for them, but meh I know how it goes so im not holding my breath.

Timjc86
02-15-2009, 04:18 PM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=172493

Noctus
02-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Random/named loot.
It has become quite clear to many of us (and has been highlighted by this loot weekend) that 95% or possibly more of the random loot we get at end game is simply junk, stuff which I see when I open the chest and could not think of a single use for the item other than to be vendored, many of it simply does not make sense that someone would put their time and effort into crafting it (from a RP viewpoint) and I am interested to see what they do going forward.

Are we going to start seeing new abilities on stuff, in this more thinking some of the shroud bonuses and effects (lightning strike, exceptional stats etc) or are we just going to have to hope useful consolidation effects turn up (not sure how min levels work out, and whether at lvl19 or lvl19rr things like +5 <stat> of GFL/Heavy Fort can be generated) Are we going to be able to loot stuff like +6 Dex gloves of Ex Dex +1? or a Holy Longsword of Lightning strike?

This would indeed be a great bump for random loot. For me, at least, it would make opening regular treasure chests exciting again.

Corvid7
02-15-2009, 04:55 PM
I would love to see collectible crafting expanded. Alchemical bonuses should apply to more than force damage or a +1 to armor. Let's get some ability boosts or energy resists! Yeah!

Something I miss from older mods is making us make choices. Like having to fight zombies and oozes together. You can take out your muckbane, but then the zombies have resistance. Or something along those lines. I know muckbanes aren't the best if you find a sweet everbright.

Damionic
02-16-2009, 05:55 AM
1.Spells,spells spelz!

2.Customizing Items..Not grind but..like dyes and stuff

3.A real nonliner plot..and alternate options..a few suggestions
i) This dude wants an item in a dungeon..you do the deed and get the thing.but more then one person wants it and there is a moral and financial reason for the change..should affect allignment..but PLEASE dont be boring..i.e Silverflame = [Good] Emerald Claw = [Evil]...not everything is black and white.
ii) as above but you can KEEP the thing and sell it
iii) add a Honour/Favour Reason in the outcome of the quests...Pro house P = More Favour to them..for example.

Pyromaniac
02-16-2009, 05:56 AM
Good post!

Here's what I'm hoping to see in Mod 9 (though I highly doubt I'll get it)

-Tons of quests, no waste of time explorer areas
-At least one raid, preferably more
-An Abbott raid without puzzles (at all or made really easy due to huge lag)
-Full non-random crafting system including using soul gems/collectibles/ability to recraft any item to any slot
-Full respec system for characters due to character breaking changes introduced by Turbine on a regular basis
-No w/p nerf
-Barbarian crit rage as a selectable enhancement
-Unbound essences/flagging collectibles
-End game content where 2 arcane casters in a party isn't a downside
-My cleric/monk's mana bar is actually blue

Here's what I realistically think I'll get:
-4 quests without a raid
-Full revamp of lowbie explorer areas and quests in order to waste development time and resources
-Abbott raid with split second timing puzzles required
-Only a few pieces of named raid loot, with all being shields and no crafting system at all
-No respec system for broken characters
-W/P nerf
-Barbarian crit rage 'accidentally' removed for all characters
-Bound flagging collectibles
-More end game content where the fewer the casters the better
-My cleric/monks mana bar stays yellow as it is a really difficult thing to fix

I believe in 'set the bar low' and maybe I'll get above my expectations for DDO.

Cedrica-the-Bard
02-16-2009, 06:48 AM
Saving Coyle one final time in a level 20 Raid in the newly vamped Threnal Ruins area. :)

Mike_Fun_Spot
02-17-2009, 11:23 PM
would just like to see mod 9 at this point

QuantumFX
02-17-2009, 11:42 PM
That they haven’t announced yet?

- Whirling Steel Strike
- Ranger Capstone
- Remove Curse/Remove Fear/etc potions fixed.
- A playable Abbott raid.
- Increased Shield/Tome page drop rate in the necropolis area.
- Superior <Insert spell damage type> VIII items
- Armor mastery for all classes that wear armor
- LOTRO Midi system being added for bards and custom performance clips replacing bard casting animations.
- Dragontouched Chain Shirts.
- A Dragontouched armor system that doesn’t suck a**.
- Much more adaptive limit to powerlevelling.

captain1z
02-17-2009, 11:46 PM
a release date

Uska
02-17-2009, 11:52 PM
flying monkeys:D

Duerty
02-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Other than hoping and praying for the obligatory raids and quests (which I hope are 2-4 and 20 respectively), I would love to see a "wand consolidation" vendor (i.e. turn in matching wands and have the number of charges combined - with a small penalty in charges) and a "clothing/armor/shield customization vendor" (self-explanaatory...seeing everyone in end game with the same look gets rather boring...come on...why make the effort to make toons physical appearance look the same when all the armor and shields are so similar/alike?)

my 2c

Thoreg
02-18-2009, 02:04 AM
1. Clothes ( as opposed to outfits & robes, my ranger does not want to look like a monk)
2. Ability to change the color and the look of clothing, outfits, robes and armour.
3. Greater and Superior Stability (This, imo, should've been done long ago!)
4. Yes, more quests. 15-20, non-linked quests.
5. 2-3 raids.
6. Lowbie crafting options.
7. Make chests in regular quests interesting.
8. Make ingredients drop in some of the new quests. Ingredients grinds suck, period!
But........
----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Megadeth - Angry Again (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/megadeth/track/angry_again)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

Corvid7
02-18-2009, 02:07 PM
And I want to see Mimics! Random chests come to life and try to eat you. THAT would be awesome!
(of course, they would then drop a chest full of loot...)

Thrudh
02-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Killing Coyle one final time in a level 20 Raid in the newly vamped Threnal Ruins area. :)

Fixed that for you. :)

Thrudh
02-18-2009, 03:27 PM
-My cleric/monks mana bar stays yellow as it is a really difficult thing to fix

Heh, I'd like to see them fix that too :)