PDA

View Full Version : remove shallow water slowness

Garth_of_Sarlona
02-10-2009, 11:01 PM
The slow walking speed in shallow water is just plain annoying. After a few times everyone works out that you can jump-jump-jump through it and the whole party just ends up looking like a bunch of an insane rabbits.

Please just remove this 'feature' altogether - it adds nothing to the game other than annoy players.

Thanks for reading.

Garth

Uska
02-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Seems fairly realistic to me except for the jumping part, trying running in water it does slow you down.

Ralmeth
02-10-2009, 11:10 PM
You can roll too. That's because it's much more realistic IRL that you can jump or roll through shallow water pretty fast;)

gHzSWB
02-10-2009, 11:26 PM
You can roll too. That's because it's much more realistic IRL that you can jump or roll through shallow water pretty fast;)

I am all for realistic physics but it seems kind of stupid that you get the slow walk through water but can bunny hop endlessly and you use magic to fight mystical creatures and such. Barring some gameplay addition from the shallow water slowness I would prefer to see it dialed back at the least or even removed (or just have that kind of water be used in a very limited way.

Cendaer
02-10-2009, 11:37 PM
The slow walking speed in shallow water is just plain annoying. After a few times everyone works out that you can jump-jump-jump through it and the whole party just ends up looking like a bunch of an insane rabbits.

Please just remove this 'feature' altogether - it adds nothing to the game other than annoy players.

Thanks for reading.

Garth

I disagree.

Please do NOT remove this element of the game. It adds another element of texture to our environment, and in the places where it's used, it encourages awareness of that environment by the player, and gives them a reason to evaluate their tactics.

BTW, someone should tell the insane rabbits that they'll actually move through that water considerably faster by tumbling through it, rather than trying to hop over it, especially that heavily armored Cleric who has no jump to speak of anyway.

Aside from all that, what's the actual annoyance here? Just run through it, it's not like it's going to take you all day to slog through that water. If your finger is getting tired of holding down the run-forward-button, then use auto-run.

If anything needs to be removed, it should be the ability to hop up out of the water like that, or the ability to tumble through it without drowning.

Anyone have some cheese & crackers? They'd make a nice compliment to this thread.

MrCow
02-10-2009, 11:42 PM
someone should tell the insane rabbits that they'll actually move through that water considerably faster by tumbling through it, rather than trying to hop over it

That depends what your movement speed and tumble skill is. Depending on how high either are you may go faster by jumping or you may go faster by tumbling.

Lithic
02-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Both sides would be satisfied if they made merfolks act like FoM for shallow water (Removing the move penalty).

Karters
02-11-2009, 12:09 AM
what annoys me is you swim faster then u walk in 2 inches of water and the mobs have no downside at all to shallow water

Jay203
02-11-2009, 12:12 AM
it's fine and all, but they REALLY need to apply the same thing to mobs
it's so freaking annoying that we get slowed down 50% going in water or up s slope with running water when mobs just zip through them like they're not there
LAME!!!:mad:

Hendrik
02-11-2009, 07:59 AM
While it may not make sense within the game, why not tie Swim to walk speed while in shallow water.

Higher the Swim, the faster you walk through shallow water?

xman26
02-11-2009, 08:23 AM
/signed

It doesn't work properly, period. Anyone ever sit there and watch mobs in shallow water. The same water you just got force into walking thru has zero,zip,zilch,nada affect on the mobs in this game. If it slows you done, it should also slow the mobs down. Kobolds, Orcs, Trogs(yes they are lizards that can swim in water, but they AREN'T swimming), wolves, dogs, worgs, elves, dwarves, humans, halflings, well you get the point.

~Bandage
02-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Freedom of Movement will take out that speed issue for you... and it's a lot easier than making changes to the game :)

ahpook
02-11-2009, 08:27 AM
I repectfully disagree.

I would prefer that they left the slow speed in water and added additional terrain modifiers like -10% in grass and -20% in sand etc. Making terrain more interesting/meaningful instead of less. Of course, they need to fix the bunny hop problem so that it doesn't provide a speed benefit, apply the penalties to appropriate mobs, and be more judicious in their use of unpaved/slower terrain.

xman26
02-11-2009, 08:33 AM
I disagree.

Please do NOT remove this element of the game. It adds another element of texture to our environment, and in the places where it's used, it encourages awareness of that environment by the player, and gives them a reason to evaluate their tactics.

BTW, someone should tell the insane rabbits that they'll actually move through that water considerably faster by tumbling through it, rather than trying to hop over it, especially that heavily armored Cleric who has no jump to speak of anyway.

Aside from all that, what's the actual annoyance here? Just run through it, it's not like it's going to take you all day to slog through that water. If your finger is getting tired of holding down the run-forward-button, then use auto-run.

If anything needs to be removed, it should be the ability to hop up out of the water like that, or the ability to tumble through it without drowning.

Anyone have some cheese & crackers? They'd make a nice compliment to this thread.

You except the minos legion "FIX" which is poor coding to begin with. You except this, even tho it is greatly broken, more so than the Minos Helm was. It only affects players, not the mobs in this game, none of them are affected by shallow water.

Dracolich
02-11-2009, 09:09 AM
You except the minos legion "FIX" which is poor coding to begin with. You except this, even tho it is greatly broken, more so than the Minos Helm was. It only affects players, not the mobs in this game, none of them are affected by shallow water.

Their "poor coding" only showed up when they gave people toughness enhancments for any class. People took advantage of a known bug and yet you still ***** about it. How is one bug more important?

The water should stay the same but effect creatures as well. Let Freedom of Movement bypass shallow water only. Maybe when druids come in we will get water walking :).

For god sakes drop the Minos Legens argument, you have lost and you cant even justify what people did as appropriate. Play through and try again or dont rather cause I am sick of seeing it.

DSC
02-11-2009, 09:24 AM
While it may not make sense within the game, why not tie Swim to walk speed while in shallow water.

Higher the Swim, the faster you walk through shallow water?

Agreed. There's no good reason to stick with the current system, which causes people to jump/tumble constantly. And it's not like Swim is such an overpowered skill now. ;)

Arianrhod
02-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Both sides would be satisfied if they made merfolks act like FoM for shallow water (Removing the move penalty).

That sounds good to me. Or allow Underwater Action items to have the same effect, or both. It's not so much the slow movement that's annoying, as that the easy solution almost everyone uses is so...silly. If the "bunny-hop" loophole isn't going to be closed, there should be a more dignified option for those who prefer not to "break immersion" (so to speak...) quite so blatantly :)

Galapas
02-11-2009, 09:42 AM
You don't just go faster by jumping in shallow water, you also go faster in deep water. If I have a long way to go in deep water, I jump across the surface. It is quite silly.

If they're going to get hardcore about terrain effects, they'll have to inflict it on the enemies too. Also, they'll need to watch the gratuitous use of difficult terrain where it doesn't really effect gameplay except to make it duller.

Alavatar
02-11-2009, 09:53 AM
I vote for applying a mechanic that allows us to bypass the slow movement (such as Merfolk's Blessing, FoM, UW items, etc) OR apply the slow movement penalty for wading to NPCs.

The only NPC I ever see affected by wading is the one bandit in "Information is Key", but I think he is specifically coded to move slower until a certain point.

Hendrik
02-11-2009, 10:25 AM

Superb idea!

:cool:

edventure
02-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Ring of Water Walking anyone?

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/rings.htm#waterWalking

Or maybe just the spell.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/waterWalk.htm

~Bandage
02-11-2009, 10:35 AM
I vote for applying a mechanic that allows us to bypass the slow movement (such as Merfolk's Blessing, FoM, UW items, etc) OR apply the slow movement penalty for wading to NPCs.

Your vote wins, FoM already does this

cdbd3rd
02-11-2009, 10:35 AM

Or any underwater action item/spell.

I like the terrain effects. However, as others have pointed out, they are not universally applied. My little pet issue are the waterslides that we have to run in to attack mobs that are standing still on the watery slope. (Movement attack bug, movement penalty when you do swing in the right spot, unrealistic, etc)

:)

~Bandage
02-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Or any underwater action item/spell.

I like the terrain effects. However, as others have pointed out, they are not universally applied. My little pet issue are the waterslides that we have to run in to attack mobs that are standing still on the watery slope. (Movement attack bug, movement penalty when you do swing in the right spot, unrealistic, etc)

:)

FOM also gives you the same ability... perhaps the mobs that live there have adapted so they are good at finding footholds in the slimy floor without the aid of FOM? :)

sephiroth1084
02-11-2009, 10:41 AM
When I wade in 3 ft. of water at my local pool I find it much faster to do bunny hops than to try and walk. Admittedly, I don't jump out of the water, but I do jump. I also find it marginally faster to do forward handsprings in the water, and I am no gymnast (I cannot do these kinds of maneuvers outside of the pool).

I really like that this feature is in the game. My only complaint about it is that it does not affect enemies and that we rarely encounter this effect in a situation where the speed impediment does anything but make getting from point A to point B slower. It would be nice if Freedom of Movement freed us from this effect.

While we're on the topic of effects in our environment that affect movement, I was pretty upset when I discovered that we got not one, but TWO, snowy, icy areas to explore and two icy quests, yet neither employ the ice mechanic from the Tor. Very disappointing!

Thanimal
02-11-2009, 10:54 AM
At the risk of putting words into his mouth, I think the OP's issue here is that the feature is completely broken, since it can be bypassed by the utterly silly bunny hop.

There are options for how to fix it, but is anyone claiming it is not broken?

If we all agree it's broken(?), then the issue is what fix is prefered. Some fixes include:

1) Remove the slowdown entirely. Probably the easiest fix.
2) Remove the ability to jump or tumble through. Unfortunately, I'm fairly certain this would simply be less fun for no reason.
3) Option #2 *and* make mobs affected by it. If somebody can show me some tactics that would be relevant only to this environment, I might reconsider. But my initial thought is having everyone move slowly is just watching the same battle in slow motion: purely less fun.

And so I reach the same conclusion as the OP: #1 is the least coding effort AND the least likely to make the game less fun.

sephiroth1084
02-11-2009, 11:23 AM
At the risk of putting words into his mouth, I think the OP's issue here is that the feature is completely broken, since it can be bypassed by the utterly silly bunny hop.

Why do you think it is broken?

~Bandage
02-11-2009, 11:25 AM

If we all agree it's broken(?), then the issue is what fix is prefered. Some fixes include:

1) Remove the slowdown entirely. Probably the easiest fix.
2) Remove the ability to jump or tumble through. Unfortunately, I'm fairly certain this would simply be less fun for no reason.
3) Option #2 *and* make mobs affected by it. If somebody can show me some tactics that would be relevant only to this environment, I might reconsider. But my initial thought is having everyone move slowly is just watching the same battle in slow motion: purely less fun.

And so I reach the same conclusion as the OP: #1 is the least coding effort AND the least likely to make the game less fun.
How is it broken, and why is it bad to be able to bypass? Try the following experiment:

1: Find knee deep water.
2: try to walk normally. Notice you will be slowed.
3: Try to run normally. Notice you will be slowed.
4: Try to hop/jump through the water. Notice you will be moving faster than in steps 2 and 3

Sound about right?

xman26
02-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Their "poor coding" only showed up when they gave people toughness enhancments for any class. People took advantage of a known bug and yet you still ***** about it. How is one bug more important?

The water should stay the same but effect creatures as well. Let Freedom of Movement bypass shallow water only. Maybe when druids come in we will get water walking :).

For god sakes drop the Minos Legens argument, you have lost and you cant even justify what people did as appropriate. Play through and try again or dont rather cause I am sick of seeing it.

Blah blah blah blah blah, blahblahblah blahblah, blahblahblahblahblah blah blah blahblah. :P

Dracolich
02-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Blah blah blah blah blah, blahblahblah blahblah, blahblahblahblahblah blah blah blahblah. :P

Funny, thats how most of those Minos Legens posts look to me now :P
Its ok to admit your wrong honestly it is, it isnt that hard to do I do it alot. You should try it.

xman26
02-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Funny, thats how most of those Minos Legens posts look to me now :P
Its ok to admit your wrong honestly it is, it isnt that hard to do I do it alot. You should try it.

Your right. Honestly Trubine needs new coders, teh ones they have can't cut the mustard for any other company. The kopesh without x3 crit would be a longsword and should be fixed. it should be a x4 crit. And chests are affected by something that alters the loot tables contrary to your belief.

DSC
02-11-2009, 01:17 PM
How is it broken, and why is it bad to be able to bypass? Try the following experiment:

1: Find knee deep water.
2: try to walk normally. Notice you will be slowed.
3: Try to run normally. Notice you will be slowed.
4: Try to hop/jump through the water. Notice you will be moving faster than in steps 2 and 3

Sound about right?

I'd argue that if you running down a three hundred foot stretch of river, you would NOT in fact jump the entire way. If you feel you would, please feel free to disagree.

Regardless, even if realism were served by the current system (which I don't concede it is), there are plenty of cases where realism does not equal good gameplay. With game design, you have to look at the incentives a system gives, and I feel that the result of these incentives (the bunny hop) are not good. Some other people obviously feel similarly... but if you especially enjoy watching the bunny hop then I can see how you would disagree.

Garth_of_Sarlona
02-11-2009, 01:53 PM

in fact... I think I would be head-first in the water!

...but I do like the idea of making FoM or Merfolk's Blessing affect the speed you wade through water - perhaps even make it a function of your Swim skill. I just don't like the 'bunny hopping' solution people have to use - it's just not very D&D.

Garth

sephiroth1084
02-11-2009, 01:56 PM
I'd argue that if you running down a three hundred foot stretch of river, you would NOT in fact jump the entire way. If you feel you would, please feel free to disagree.

Regardless, even if realism were served by the current system (which I don't concede it is), there are plenty of cases where realism does not equal good gameplay. With game design, you have to look at the incentives a system gives, and I feel that the result of these incentives (the bunny hop) are not good. Some other people obviously feel similarly... but if you especially enjoy watching the bunny hop then I can see how you would disagree.

I don't much like the bunny hop, but I do like the little things in this game that lend it a greater sense of verisimilitude than most others.

shores11
02-11-2009, 02:02 PM

Thanks for reading.

Garth

Wrong, it is a realistic feature to the game and needs to stay. I could not disagree more with your OP.

shores11
02-11-2009, 02:08 PM

Well here is another player that does not think moving slow through water and those choosing to bypass it by jumping means it is a broken feature of the game.

I can not agree with you or the OP. This feature makes perfect sense to me and should stay in the game.

Arianrhod
02-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Well here is another player that does not think moving slow through water and those choosing to bypass it by jumping means it is a broken feature of the game.

I can not agree with you or the OP. This feature makes perfect sense to me and should stay in the game.

Really? What about the ability to do the same thing to move faster through deep water? Doesn't it seem even a little absurd to see people leaping out of water so deep they'd have to dive several bodylengths down to reach bottom?

Dracolich
02-11-2009, 02:17 PM
There is definetly something wrong with it. The mobs are un effected by water heck they can even throw things while standing at the bottom of 10ft deep water. I dont mind it slowing me down I just want equal disadvantages. As for bunny hopping I would like somone to post a picture of them bunny hopping up out of 2ft deep water and making any forward progress, let alone bunny hopping out of swimming depth water and getting their whole body out of the water enough to move forward.

shores11
02-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Really? What about the ability to do the same thing to move faster through deep water? Doesn't it seem even a little absurd to see people leaping out of water so deep they'd have to dive several bodylengths down to reach bottom?

Moving through deep water is another story. I do see people doing this as well and they do move a bit faster than actually swimming through deep water. I usually never jump in deep water because in my opinion the result is not that much faster.

However I do concede your point that in deep water or at least water where the jumper has no ground to purchase and start his/her leap from. This is something that may need to be adjusted after all we are not fish that can jump out of water no matter what the depth of thewater.

Alavatar
02-11-2009, 02:50 PM
There is definetly something wrong with it. The mobs are un effected by water heck they can even throw things while standing at the bottom of 10ft deep water. I dont mind it slowing me down I just want equal disadvantages. As for bunny hopping I would like somone to post a picture of them bunny hopping up out of 2ft deep water and making any forward progress, let alone bunny hopping out of swimming depth water and getting their whole body out of the water enough to move forward.

I don't have a picture, but Lifeguards are trained to run through wading pools. They have to practically be jumping out of the water in order to run, but they do it. It is also extremely difficult to maintain your balance while doing so.

Extremely strong swimmers can leap almost all of the way out of the water, but that is only when they get a head start to pick up speed.

Never-the-less, it requires trained professionals to perform the stunts we do on a regular basis within the game.

Thanimal
02-11-2009, 04:08 PM

Wow, you guys are all about 2 orders of magnitude stronger than I am. I used to compete in the high jump and triple jump, and I've grown up and still live on the water, and I can tell you that I can't make any progress at all by trying to jump through shallow water. And forget about jumping OUT of the water. Then again, my dwarf can carry roughly 2 horses without any encumbrance, so perhaps she *is* strong enough to leap right out of shallow water! :)

Anyhow, if people like this feature, then I'm totally fine to leave it for you. I'm surprised -- maybe even shocked -- that people think this feature is not broken, but since it doesn't cost me anything other than a chuckle, I'm definitely not going to stand in the way of others enjoying it!

Bunny hop away!!

Alavatar
02-11-2009, 04:24 PM
I think it is broken in respect to not applying to the NPCs and by not having a way to bypass the restricted movement.

sephiroth1084
02-11-2009, 06:11 PM

This is unrelated to the wading through shallow water issue. While I do find this silly, I'm not sure whether I'd want it changed. Still, I don't think I'd be opposed to the removal of our ability to jump out of water in which we are not touching the ground (no jumping from the swim animation).

QuantumFX
02-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Personally, I’d love to keep it in game if the mobs were slowed down by it.

SteeleTrueheart
02-11-2009, 08:05 PM
I don't have a picture, but Lifeguards are trained to run through wading pools. They have to practically be jumping out of the water in order to run, but they do it. It is also extremely difficult to maintain your balance while doing so.

Yes lifeguards are trained to run through any water that is less than about knee level. It is a process of sort of running/hopping that entails bringing your rear foot completely out of the water, swinging it forward and hopping to it. Since I don't expect the Dev's to make a brand new animation for running through shallow water, I find the jump animation/workaround to be perfectly acceptable.

Jumping in deep water and mob immunity to water effects are another matter. As is the fact that they can stand still on those watery slopes that make me slide. But really, mobs get so pwned in this game, I am willing to cut them a little slack.

sephiroth1084
02-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Wow, you guys are all about 2 orders of magnitude stronger than I am. I used to compete in the high jump and triple jump, and I've grown up and still live on the water, and I can tell you that I can't make any progress at all by trying to jump through shallow water. And forget about jumping OUT of the water. Then again, my dwarf can carry roughly 2 horses without any encumbrance, so perhaps she *is* strong enough to leap right out of shallow water! :)

Anyhow, if people like this feature, then I'm totally fine to leave it for you. I'm surprised -- maybe even shocked -- that people think this feature is not broken, but since it doesn't cost me anything other than a chuckle, I'm definitely not going to stand in the way of others enjoying it!

Bunny hop away!!

Jumping out of water, yeah, but jumping through? I know that I definitely get around faster in the pool by hopping than by trying to walk, whether I'm in 3 ft. or 6 ft.

iamsamoth0
02-11-2009, 09:02 PM
And a lively discussion!
I also think it should apply to lesser NPC's.
And the variants that are coalescing are interesting. I like the idea of being able to defeat that one particular terrain effect. And I don't feel overall it should be removed.
I kinda like watching the party bunny hop along, you get the feeling the every one is on the same page and working. =)
I <3 DDO!

phinius
02-12-2009, 05:19 AM
If my character can carry a truck, why can I not move at full speed through ankle deep water?

Dracolich
02-12-2009, 08:42 AM
If my character can carry a truck, why can I not move at full speed through ankle deep water?

Its something called fluid dynamics. Fluids dont compress. Moving rapidly would cause them to try to compress thus turning them into a solid by nature. Even a truck moving through ankle deep water can hydroplane if it cant displace the water fast enough. It is the principle on how hydrolics work. At the point where you could move full speed on water you essencially would be running on top of it instead of displacing it. This however is fantasy so I dont care either way :) so long as the NPCs suffer from the same effects.

Thanimal
02-12-2009, 01:10 PM
WARNING: This post is irrelevant to DDO!! I'm just following up a little on my real-world experience because I find it sorta interesting. If you don't, skip to the next post now!

Jumping out of water, yeah, but jumping through? I know that I definitely get around faster in the pool by hopping than by trying to walk, whether I'm in 3 ft. or 6 ft.

Ahh. Well at least now I understand what you were talking about! I was starting to think you were superman. :) I concede that "moon hopping" under the water is a little more effective than "walking," but in any depth where your arms don't hit the bottom, swimming is far faster than either. I was referring to trying to move quickly through 3 to 6 inches of water, where bunny-hopping would be a disaster. At best it can marginally increase your speed, and it almost definitely will result in a prompt face-plant.

It's certainly possible to move faster in very shallow water by exerting a LOT more energy (the aforementioned bounding method taught to lifeguards), but this is merely akin to sprinting on land -- a short-term speed increase at the expense of a lot of extra energy. Character in DDO actually *cannot* sprint (except arguably certain boosts simulate the effect). THAT might be quite useful, and I would find it completely realistic if you could move faster through very shallow water by activating a sprint. But the subsequent "realistic" fatigue would just be really annoying! Most likely not a good feature overall.

Thanimal
02-12-2009, 01:16 PM
I've got an idea! Let's equip every character with a skim board! The whole uncompressible fluids thing reminded that there actually is a real-world way to move MUCH faster across very shallow water. For those who haven't seen it, a skim board is like a short, very thin surf board. You run toward the shallow water (usually from a wave receding), throw your board down at the water's edge and then jump onto it. Your momentum can carry you quite a distance and you barely decelerate at all.

And that animation would be TEN TIMES cooler than bunny hopping! Imagine every player throwing down his skim board and whipping across the water and then gracefully hopping off on the other side and picking the board back up in one fell swoop! Yes! I am a genius!!

No, I am not serious. Well, I'm mostly not serious. That kinda would be cool... :)

Nikmal
02-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Your right. Honestly Trubine needs new coders, teh ones they have can't cut the mustard for any other company. The kopesh without x3 crit would be a longsword and should be fixed. it should be a x4 crit. And chests are affected by something that alters the loot tables contrary to your belief.

You know what... either design your own game with what you in particular want or leave this game and play another and complain there. I do not mind criticism and such but you tend to go overboard and it is ridiculous and pathetic.

Khopeshes in the PnP game ARE x3 damage and as they should be.. you HAVE to to get an exotic weapon proficiency just to use it without penalties. No it should not be x4 crits either.. it is fine right where it is. Now as for the chest tables being altered well... as long as you say so it must be so... again pathetic.

WHY ARE YOU STILL PLAYING THIS GAME AGAIN?

Dracolich
02-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Khopeshes in the PnP game ARE x3 damage and as they should be.. you HAVE to to get an exotic weapon proficiency just to use it without penalties. No it should not be x4 crits either.. it is fine right where it is. Now as for the chest tables being altered well... as long as you say so it must be so... again pathetic.

Actually PnP Khopeshes are x2 weapons. Thats neither here nor there though since they will never fix em.

As for the water I doubt they will fix it just make the monsters suffer the same as we do and I am happy.

Arianrhod
02-12-2009, 05:36 PM
As for the water I doubt they will fix it just make the monsters suffer the same as we do and I am happy.

Eh, all monsters already have unlimited mana and Quicken Spell (or rather, uninterruptible spellcasting, even postmortem) always on. Not surprising they also all have (selective) FOM ;)

DSC
02-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Yes lifeguards are trained to run through any water that is less than about knee level. It is a process of sort of running/hopping that entails bringing your rear foot completely out of the water, swinging it forward and hopping to it.

Hey, you're right - it should be based on Swim skill! Great idea! ;)

Really, what I'd like to see is:
1) Jumping in water is reduced to the same speed as running in water (so there's no extra incentive to bounce along).
2) Running in water is increased to the same speed as Swimming in water.

xman26
02-12-2009, 09:41 PM
You know what... either design your own game with what you in particular want or leave this game and play another and complain there. I do not mind criticism and such but you tend to go overboard and it is ridiculous and pathetic.

After the first sentance, you should have seen teh sarcism. But ohwell, especially since I was responding to someone else.

Borror0
02-12-2009, 09:50 PM
The slow down makes some sense, maybe speed our movements in water so that jumping around isn't faster?

Galapas
02-13-2009, 12:22 PM

It would also make sense to require a balance check anytime someone landed in water.

That would actually be kind of cool in areas where it was meaningful, but would be really annoying when running through House Phiarlan.