PDA

View Full Version : We <3 DDO! Valentines Bonus XP/Loot Weekend

Tolero
02-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Valentines day is around the corner, and while love is in the air for some, we wanted to express our love for DDO and our players too...

Starting this Thursday, February 12th, and running through February 17th, DDO Players will gain a 25% XP bonus and +1 tier bonus loot quality! Additionally, be sure to join us for our Valentine's Day themed Screenshot contest! Click here (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=172263) to find out how you can participate!

From everyone at Turbine, we appreciate and love our players, and wish you all a profitable and fun Valentine's weekend!

artvan_delet
02-09-2009, 03:43 PM
With Mod 9 coming, why not. Be fun to preview some new items. MIght just level that lowbie. Maybe I'll pull something good in SOS.

sephiroth1084
02-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Valentines day is around the corner, and while love is in the air for some, we wanted to express our love for DDO and our players too...

Starting this Thursday, February 12th, and running through February 17th, DDO Players will gain a 25% XP bonus and +1 tier bonus loot quality!

WOW! We love the game that you make.

Beherit_Baphomar
:o

Uber.

Memnir
Awesome. :)
Oh wait... my folks will be in town from the 14th - the 18th...

Excuse me while I go hide in the corner and cry. :(

WeaselKing
02-09-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm gonna level my cleric, I'm gonna level my cleric. :D :D (Oh and my WF evasion-intimia-dr-tank too.)

Delt
02-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Woot, all the poor saps without love can console themselves with uber loot! Myself included!

Beherit_Baphomar
02-09-2009, 03:47 PM
I think the last few times we had such a glorious bonus to loot and XP you welcomed back old players, allowing them to play for free for the duration...same thing this time or no?

Thrudh
02-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Are you insane??

Saturday is Valentines.... Heh....

Take the wife to dinner and a play (and then snuggle time) or play DDO....

****.... take her out, then play until 4:00 am I guess...

Starlytes
02-09-2009, 03:50 PM
cool T thanks

Big_Russ
02-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the loot weekend, guys! I know there will be nay-sayers, but I really loved the loot weekends when they happened previously!

PLUS I am going to be on a FOUR DAY WEEKEND!!!!!! Couldn't have happened at a better time.:D:D:D

icculus
02-09-2009, 03:51 PM

Starting this Thursday, February 12th, and running through February 17th, DDO Players will gain a 25% XP bonus and +1 tier bonus loot quality! Additionally, be sure to join us for our Valentine's Day themed Screenshot contest! Click here (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=172263) to find out how you can participate!

From everyone at Turbine, we appreciate and love our players, and wish you all a profitable and fun Valentine's weekend!

About time. Thank you!

Kindoki
02-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Are you insane??

Saturday is Valentines.... Heh....

Take the wife to dinner and a play (and then snuggle time) or play DDO....

****.... take her out, then play until 4:00 am I guess...

I don't think I ever been so happy that my wife has to work on Valentine's Day! Shhhhh....don't tell!:D

Freeman
02-09-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm glad my wife plays too :D

Narmolanya
02-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Great now I have to leave my wife so I can play this weekend :-)

Giantsbane
02-09-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't think I ever been so happy that my wife has to work on Valentine's Day! Shhhhh....don't tell!:D

LOL.... same here. I see a 24 hour loot and lowbie session in my future. :D

Thanks Turbine.

Oh yeah, and we luv u 2 T!!

lord_of_rage
02-09-2009, 04:05 PM
hmmm im off for a 4day weekend starting thursday night. I love you turbine.

Lorichie
02-09-2009, 04:05 PM
sigh, i'm exhausted already lol

R

falcon2030
02-09-2009, 04:07 PM
....and I didn't want to be divorced before 35 .... oh well <logs in as wife departs for her mothers> :cool:

wamjratl1
02-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Sweet. These are always fun.

Now, to raid raid raid or level level level...:confused:

Coldest
02-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Bah!

Gordo
02-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Do loot weekends affect 20th runs? I am wondering if it pays to wait to run two (20th) runs until then for end reward reasons?

Thanks

Gum
02-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Woot! ty ty ty ty ty! kiss kiss :) sorry, I'll keep it PG hehe

Gratch
02-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Any chance Tharagrim's actually taking the top off the loot capper so we could see L17/L18 items?

According to Graal's original loot recipe we should be seeing up to and including L17 loot in current Hound/VoD elite runs (effective L20 - 3 = L17 loot). Add +1 loot level tier to that and you should be able to see L18 loot.

With Mod 9 looming wouldn't mind getting a few "for the future" random L17/18 loots. But moreso asking if we'll see any difference from running hound/Vod normal and hound/Vod elite during this boosting timeframe. BTW, what chest level is needed to produce unbound +3 tomes? 18?

Like others, I really hope Turbine has a welcome back week moreso than loot/xp weeks... though you might wait until Mod 9 is out and any nasty Mod9 bugs have been squashed. And make sure to send some free trial keys to various reporting organizations to possibly get a re-review. And when they log into their accounts... make sure there are four gold stars over the reviewer's character name that they can't see... so that the playerbase can make sure to coddle them through waterworks.

goofydad
02-09-2009, 04:23 PM
B-but! What about Bob the Ingredients Trader?!

DelScorcho
02-09-2009, 04:24 PM
I was wondering what to get the wife for valentine's day. A 5 day spa package sounds nice ...

Ironically enough, this valentine's day loot weekend will be the cause of more than a little Wife Aggro.

transtemporal
02-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Wow, I hated turbine 5 minutes ago for, well... everything, now I love them again. I can't help but think they bought my love and I let them. I feel cheap. :(

On the other hand, I'll have +1 loot! :D

artvan_delet
02-09-2009, 04:31 PM
B-but! What about Bob the Ingredients Trader?!

He's busy leveling a lowbie.

Slippy
02-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks!!!

goofydad
02-09-2009, 04:53 PM
He's busy leveling a lowbie.

Roflmao

Hendrik
02-09-2009, 04:59 PM

*sniffle*

I didn't know you cared....

:o

Oh, and Mertolaskero, *DDOCAST PREVIEW!!*

Issip
02-09-2009, 05:06 PM
This is also President's Day Weekend here in the US. I will be out of town for pretty much the entire duration. Could you consider extending it through the week or something as I'm sure I'm not the only one who won't be able to participate.

Thanks

Deathseeker
02-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Do you realize how many relationships you will be destroying with this dilemma?

I can either play DDO and get the benefit of this promo...or I can pay attention to my wife on Valentine's Day and avoid a lengthy and costly divorce.

Hmmm...

I do have my Kensai build Im trying to cap prior to mod 9. Anyone know a good lawyer?

Kalari
02-09-2009, 05:12 PM
I could whine about having a crappy system since my gaming rig is down but for the xp and +1 loot I shall be on this crappy work system playing lol. Only downside is people groupping with me wont hear the random thoughts in my head I occassionaly let slip over mic or the cussing at least for a week that is :)

Arnya
02-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Ok Turbine, you bought my love.... again :)

Tharlak
02-09-2009, 05:25 PM
First off, Thank you.

Secondly, this may be a newbie question, but How Does +1 Loot work?

Justan
02-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Do you realize how many relationships you will be destroying with this dilemma?

I can either play DDO and get the benefit of this promo...or I can pay attention to my wife on Valentine's Day and avoid a lengthy and costly divorce.

Hmmm...

I do have my Kensai build Im trying to cap prior to mod 9. Anyone know a good lawyer?

I know a great lawyer here in Sacramento - my wife. Now tell me how freaking lucky I am to be in this dilemma, lawyer wife aggro or gaming? A quick Thank you to Tolero & group for extra nails put into my koffin (aka 'marriage). She already gives me grief for the game, but this may take the cake... Oh well, maybe I can play 3 outta the 4 days...

Club'in
02-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Many thanks, Turbine! (of course they pick the weekend I'm traveling ::rolleyes:)

So, does this bring Vale quests on Normal up to a level that they'll drop +2 tomes?

Blazer
02-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Last time we had a weekend like this, the lag was horrible. Can the servers handle it this time around, given the recent (and not-so-recent) issues?

Mithran
02-09-2009, 05:43 PM
The last time this happened, I was actually looking into having my mail forwarded to The Chamber of Raiyum.

Andora
02-09-2009, 05:44 PM
A perfect date night for the husband and I. He gets me my favorite Merlot and dark chocolate and now leveling my newest baby, this is going to be a great week for me.

I am sad for all my guildies whose wives do not play. Sorry guys, but maybe you can sneak on. Wine, dine and whoo the heck out of her and then she will be glad to get you out of her hair.

Start now and power level her love, she will let you play before this is over. You can do it.

Cavalier
02-09-2009, 05:52 PM
I am all for these +1 loot weekends, but I fear the lag that they will cause, but my real issue is with the +25% bonus.

Why can't you make the +25% bonus last until the Mod 9 goes live? That would allow a lot of us to level toons quicker, toons that are caught in the inescapable maelstrom's vortex (whew) of levels 9 - 12.

Gorstag
02-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Thank you very much turbine, it's been ages since we've had a +1 loot weekend. Though, I am not as eager as the previous ones. Loot from chest can not longer compete with crafting/ VOD/ Hound. Regardless, thank you very much. I will deffinately be farming Shroud elite on all my toons this weekend for loot and ingredients. May even try to work on some lowbies.

Tsyac-Enigma
02-09-2009, 06:12 PM

How does this actually work? (I've only recently begun playing DDO by the way...since late January). Does all the loot in every area get +1 added to the quality you'd normally see from a chest / end quest reward (so +1 items would be upgraded to +2 during this period, etc)? And the XP, I'd assume I'd just see 25% more in the score card or something like that?

Nevthial
02-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Its a nice bonus, but the +25% xp would be a better thing if the cap was raised.......

Do'Urden
02-09-2009, 06:18 PM
25% XP + 1 Loot - 25% downtime = ???

choklitwayne
02-09-2009, 06:28 PM
25% XP + 1 Loot - 25% downtime = ???

exactly, all this means NADA if servers are down. if u plan on this loot weekend, u might be pulling something other than a chest.

Quanefel
02-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Psst...Tolero...Any chance you all can add free play for old players who might be wanting to get back in the game as well? One of those welcome back type weekends tossed into this? ^_^

Pyromaniac
02-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Please no welcome back weekend at the same time...Why tie up the servers with non paying customers on likely the busiest 4 days of the year for DDO?

SibleyHall
02-09-2009, 07:04 PM
As I see I still cant log on, I expect this will be my last month. My return to DDO is proven to be a
brief one by their lack of new content and continuing technical issues. The chance at an uber item usable only in Turbine's world just isn't that exciting. Sorry folks, but if anything I pay for for is this unreliable, I have complaints. I want nothing free, and I don't expect my complaints to change anything, but this is Adam Smith at work. Produce a crappy product, and customer dollars go elsewhere. Turbine seems to be the Chrysler of RPGs.

Dark_Helmet
02-09-2009, 07:22 PM

Ouch, I think that is the ANTI-Valentine thing to do: Make people choose between playing DDO and their mate.

Ganak
02-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Any chance Tharagrim's actually taking the top off the loot capper so we could see L17/L18 items?

According to Graal's original loot recipe we should be seeing up to and including L17 loot in current Hound/VoD elite runs (effective L20 - 3 = L17 loot). Add +1 loot level tier to that and you should be able to see L18 loot.

This was my first thought.

It would make it worth it to run for loot. Otherwise, it's just a weekend of +1 to vendor trash and XP.

Palladin
02-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Although it's a nice gesture, do you really think with all the problems with the servers and not to mention the lag that anyone is really going to be able to enjoy it much. I mean seriously you think with more people logged on it's not going to cause even more problems lag wise. How about fixing the problems before doing it.

Big_Russ
02-09-2009, 07:25 PM
First off, Thank you.

Secondly, this may be a newbie question, but How Does +1 Loot work?

All chests act like they are one level higher than what the level quest is. Example: a level 15 quest will have chests that are level 16. Level 17 quests will have level 18 chests. On and on. Ad nauseum.

To the person that commented about the Chamber of Raiyum, I know what you mean. I pulled my first vorpal in there the last day of the last loot weekend. It was my last character to ransack. Good times. Good times.

:D

Zenthalas
02-09-2009, 07:33 PM
I'll be deployed at that time... WHY DO I ALWAYS MISS THE GOOD WEEKENDS!!!!

DragonKiller
02-09-2009, 08:14 PM
/giggles like a school girl

branmakmuffin
02-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Starting this Thursday, February 12th, and running through February 17th, DDO Players will gain a 25% XP bonus and +1 tier bonus loot quality!
Great. Now power gamers can cap faster and complain about lack of content even sooner than before.

Kistilan
02-09-2009, 08:28 PM

THIS is like, the perfect way to break-up for any of you addicts that were on the downward spiral anyway!

Annoying Girlfriend: "Wait, that's it? Dinner's over? Where are you going?!!!"
Annoyed Boyfriend: "I'm going to play DDO. It's a +1 Loot Weekend!"
Annoying Girlfriend: "What!?! It's Valentine's Day! We're supposed to be together!?"
Annoyed Boyfriend: "No, we're not supposed to be together. FYI: We just broke up. Happy +1 Look Weekend, Ex-Valentine."

PS: Thanks for helping us stay Single, Turbine! :) You gave us the EASY BUTTON.

ChadMan
02-09-2009, 08:58 PM
wach me pull +4 mith Fp the day before it becomes +5 :D

Gornn
02-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Tolero, one question...running through Feb 17th, does that mean Tuesday Feb 17th is included in the bonus loot/25% xp? With the event ending on the 18th?

I know this was an issue last time so I just want to clarify.

If I take Tuesday off, will I get bonus loot and XP? And if so, what time does it end? Midnight? 6 am Wednesday?

Thanks!

Tarrant
02-09-2009, 10:03 PM
THIS is like, the perfect way to break-up for any of you addicts that were on the downward spiral anyway!

Annoying Girlfriend: "Wait, that's it? Dinner's over? Where are you going?!!!"
Annoyed Boyfriend: "I'm going to play DDO. It's a +1 Loot Weekend!"
Annoying Girlfriend: "What!?! It's Valentine's Day! We're supposed to be together!?"
Annoyed Boyfriend: "No, we're not supposed to be together. FYI: We just broke up. Happy +1 Look Weekend, Ex-Valentine."

PS: Thanks for helping us stay Single, Turbine! :) You gave us the EASY BUTTON.

Actually, it's the perfect way to bring your girlfriend/boyfriend to DDO! Can you think of a better time to start playing??

Hatroq
02-09-2009, 10:39 PM
As if I didn't have enough g/f agro already... Thanks Turbine.

kingfisher
02-09-2009, 10:45 PM
+2

Puby
02-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Hey thx a bunch Tolero oh and turbine...

GoldyGopher
02-09-2009, 11:39 PM
As I have to play, I mean stay at home because no day care on the 16th and 17th, when does this officallyl end?

Lorichie
02-09-2009, 11:46 PM
As I have to play, I mean stay at home because no day care on the 16th and 17th, when does this officallyl end?

Well, its been a long time, but if i had to guess it would go something like:

If they turn it on at 9am thursday 2/12 and it runs through 2/17 then it would end at tuesday morning, the 18th at 9am.

however, i do remember one time, in band camp.....they ended a day early :) so it could be the 17th at 9 am

i dunno, but i'll bet it's something similar to the above.

R

Wizzly_Bear
02-10-2009, 04:28 AM
i shall return to partake of this. i hope the game stays up. when does it end?

andy310
02-10-2009, 05:18 AM
I see this -- and it really is -- Just another way to try and keep people that are ****ed about the downtime from flocking out of this scam system turbine has set up with DDO...

well Turbine it ain't working with this one player.

but on the other hand it's probably working with most of the people, which means you still won't change your ways...
well we'll see in the long run how it plays out for you :)

Aesop
02-10-2009, 05:24 AM
Actually, it's the perfect way to bring your girlfriend/boyfriend to DDO! Can you think of a better time to start playing??

I hope your SO reads this (assuming they aren't a gamer)

does the phrase gutted and flayed mean anything to you :D

Aesop

Wizzly_Bear
02-10-2009, 07:29 AM
I see this -- and it really is -- Just another way to try and keep people that are ****ed about the downtime from flocking out of this scam system turbine has set up with DDO...

well Turbine it ain't working with this one player.

but on the other hand it's probably working with most of the people, which means you still won't change your ways...
well we'll see in the long run how it plays out for you :)
i dont see it convincing anyone to renew or extend their sub just for this. mine is currently still active (for the time being) so i'll be partaking.

Lorichie
02-10-2009, 07:33 AM
i dont see it convincing anyone to renew or extend their sub just for this. mine is currently still active (for the time being) so i'll be partaking.

You know, in another thread i believe, too tired to look, someone mentioned the possibility, maybe it was this one, of +3 unbound tomes dropping this weekend. If this happens, i think we are gonna see a boom, specifically for the short term for this weekend. (anyone say stuttering servers lol). But what that also means is that in three weeks (ish) unbound +3 tomes will be dropping in normal loot tables.

I think that will bring a lot of folks back, as there is something new to grind for (good or bad as far as thoughts go.) Personally i dont think we'll see em in loot tables till 22 on elite (ish). But thats me.

R

ace_mason
02-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Well played turbine.

Ryavin
02-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Besides the fact that we can no longer play reliably because you can't get your act together. You decide to give us a +1 Loot and XP weekend on Valentines Day. What is wrong with you? Do any of you have lives, wives, girlfriends.......

Great timing once again turbine, proves to me that you really don't have a clue.

Tin_Dragon
02-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Yes, my box fried a couple weeks ago, and I drug my feet getting a new one, and its scheduled to be in my hous the 16th. Figures, Will take me most of the day to get it set up, get all my files Transfered i need, download all the updates for DDO, etc... Meaning that by the time i get on DDO, this will be all over.

sigh...

Tarrant
02-10-2009, 09:43 AM
I hope your SO reads this (assuming they aren't a gamer)

does the phrase gutted and flayed mean anything to you :D

Aesop

She's not a gamer, and is fairly amused by my hobby and career choice I think. She's getting better (we're currently playing Resistance: Fall of Man together,) but the amount of eye-rolling that goes in at our place is insane.

Tresha_D'Artet
02-10-2009, 10:11 AM
keep the crappy loot, the bogus weekend and fix the freaking lag:mad:

Inkblack
02-10-2009, 10:28 AM
It would be rather nice if the +1 loot affected the drop rate on large scales.

Ink

Beherit_Baphomar
02-10-2009, 10:42 AM

HAHA! HA! HA!

Tarrant, can ya post yer phone number and I'll let my wife give ya a call...she can tell you EXACTLY what she thinks of DDO....

cardmj1
02-10-2009, 11:40 AM
HAHA! HA! HA!

Tarrant, can ya post yer phone number and I'll let my wife give ya a call...she can tell you EXACTLY what she thinks of DDO....

You wife has to call!? My hubby's dislike for the game is so loud that I am sure Tarrant can here the screaming from hear in Florida.

I will learn to spell...

Voalkrynn2
02-10-2009, 12:25 PM
yay +3 shields of vendor junk instead of +2 shields that is like oh my gosh sooooo ueber.

query
02-10-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm FINALLY able to level those Low and Mid PC's! Hurrah!

You BETTER keep me online this time!!!!!!

Thelmallen
02-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Great. Now power gamers can cap faster and complain about lack of content even sooner than before.

If I looked up 'branmakmuffin' in Webster's would it read: synonym for 'wet blanket'

Wizzly_Bear
02-10-2009, 03:03 PM
keep the crappy loot, the bogus weekend and fix the freaking lag:mad:
they obviously cant. its been what....2, 3 months now? since they cant fix it, ill just try to enjoy this to finish doing the last few things i havent done in game yet. by my reckoning ive done everything in this game except cap a pure monk, a pure fighter, and a pure rogue, and solo the newer raids, which i dont really care to do. monk is almost done, and with a week of +25% i may be able to do the other two as well.

If I looked up 'branmakmuffin' in Webster's would it read: synonym for 'wet blanket'
yes, yes it would. as well as "argues no matter the argument and picks side at random"

Wizzly_Bear
02-10-2009, 03:05 PM
tolero, some questions

1)approximately what time does this start on thursday?

2) does it end on the 17th or the 18th? and at what time approximately?

3)will it stack with the voice bonus?

Tresha_D'Artet
02-10-2009, 04:38 PM
hey folks...sorry for the outburst hours ago, the ex called to whine/b*tch, the other ex wouldnt leave the cell phone alone, so it was turned off, boxed and put in a closet.
was just a bad morning and i needed to complain about something.

TechNoFear
02-10-2009, 07:23 PM
tolero, some questions

1)approximately what time does this start on thursday?

2) does it end on the 17th or the 18th? and at what time approximately?

3)will it stack with the voice bonus?

The timing is rather important to those of us in different timezones.

As 12 noon EST (GMT-5) Thursday is 2am morning Friday here (+14 hours), a narrowing of the scope would be appreciated.

Wizzly_Bear
02-10-2009, 10:28 PM

As 12 noon EST (GMT-5) Thursday is 2am morning Friday here (+14 hours), a narrowing of the scope would be appreciated.
i sent tolero a pm asking the same qs. she responded back that she would check into the voice thing. no word back on that nor any mention of timing yet.

sda3
02-11-2009, 09:22 AM
great! look forward to it!

Axehand_Argo
02-11-2009, 10:50 AM
OK here's your answer to WIFE ARGO Day,

If you look closely you'll notice that they set the timing up great,

Starts Thursday Feb. 12th, Ends Tuesday Feb. 17th,

That give you two days of hard core playing/Looting until you have to Do the Valentines Day Dance, Then three more days until you have to go through withdrawls from it ending.

So using this formula you get 5 days of Playing/Looting with one day of Lovin in the middle. Assuming that it starts at 12:01 am the 12th and ends at 11:59:59 the 17th.

So rejoice and be happy your loot weekend just became a loot work week. :)

Gornn
02-11-2009, 10:56 AM

I asked this question about days ago because I remember for some, there was some misunderstandnig about when the bonus XP actually ended and some folks were really unhappy.

I assume that the reason they haven't told us exactly when everything starts/ends is they are still trying to work it out/working on implementation and what not.

I wanna save T&T the same headache we had last time...if people know exactly when things end...they can't complain they didn't know and got short changed.

Thanks for doing this BTW, it's awesome.

Oh! And for those canadian DDO players that live in Ontario...we should send thank you letters to the premier!

He made Monday a stat holiday last year. He must be a fan of DDO too. heh

Monday is a stat holiday, baby. Bring on the XP and loot. heh If this isn't destiny. There is no magic left in valentine's day! herh

Tarrant
02-11-2009, 11:22 AM
The Valentines Bonus XP/Loot Weekend is meant to cover the weekend itself, so you can basically consider Thursday and Tuesday a bonus to the... bonus. :eek: We wanted to make sure that no one missed out, so we threw in those extra days as an additional gift. I can assure you that the "Weekend" will encompass all of Tuesday, and most of Thursday.

Big-Dex
02-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Hey Tarrant or Tolero...

Is this our typical, old school +1 Loot event or is there something to the zooped up phrasing ""+1 tier bonus loot quality?"

Just wondering...

Dex was here.

Gornn
02-11-2009, 01:05 PM
The Valentines Bonus XP/Loot Weekend is meant to cover the weekend itself, so you can basically consider Thursday and Tuesday a bonus to the... bonus. :eek: We wanted to make sure that no one missed out, so we threw in those extra days as an additional gift. I can assure you that the "Weekend" will encompass all of Tuesday, and most of Thursday.

Thats awesome. Thanks!

Olympia
02-11-2009, 02:35 PM
I can assure you that the "Weekend" will encompass all of Tuesday, and most of Thursday.

can we get a little more definition of "most of thursday" pls? :)

i can already assume by the use of the term "most" that it, by definition, has to become active prior to noon on Thursday. otherwise, it couldn't be "most" of Thursday. i'm hoping that it goes up by at least 9AM EST.

Tolero
02-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Hey Tarrant or Tolero...

Is this our typical, old school +1 Loot event or is there something to the zooped up phrasing ""+1 tier bonus loot quality?"

Just wondering...

Dex was here.

It's what you're used to, we just spelled it out more for newer players who might not have known what "+1 Loot Weekend" meant :)

I did check, and any of you who have the Voice of the Master, it does stack with the weekend bonus. Enjoy!

Wizzly_Bear
02-11-2009, 03:38 PM
It's what you're used to, we just spelled it out more for newer players who might not have known what "+1 Loot Weekend" meant :)

I did check, and any of you who have the Voice of the Master, it does stack with the weekend bonus. Enjoy!
sweet, thank you :) any word on about when it will end tuesday?

Evisle
02-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Tarrant and Tolero thanks for all the feedback and for the loot/XP weekend too!

Does the +1 increase for loot impact just chests or end rewards too?

I have been through a few of these weekends now and I am sure I knew the answer to that question at somepoint but I am drawing a blank now.

Thanks again in advance for what should be a fun weekend.

Veras Divania
Legendary Knights of Mabar.

PS Posting on the Blackberry isn't exactly easy is it? Mt sympathies for all the times you have had to do it!

Tarrant
02-11-2009, 03:41 PM
I can assure you that the "Weekend" will encompass all of Tuesday

Obviously, the above quote is less than ten characters... Grrrr.

ArkoHighStar
02-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Obviously, the above quote is less than ten characters... Grrrr.

wait so what you are saying is we should get the bonus all of Tuesday

Gratch
02-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Previous +1 loot weekends applied to chest level and reward giver levels. I don't believe raid loot drop %'age was affected and I'm guessing they don't have a skew %'age for more large scales...

I'm still wondering if they'll pop the cap on item level we can acquire? Any L17/L18 goodies to save for mod 9? Any +3 unbound tomes from hound/vod elite?

Jonathan_Lonehawk
02-11-2009, 05:41 PM

Boo! There are several conventions on this holiday weekend. I know, I'm gonna be at one!

So, BOO! Boo I say!

Pittminion
02-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Do you guys check my blackberry? Cause I've never been able to hit a loot weekend because of scheduling. This one is no different. :(

Anarkius
02-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Ok here we go folks the most classic, conniving, underhanded way to fix the whole aggro situation...

Get them completely and absolutely falling over drunk...tell them 'you want to get them drunk and take advantage of them like you used to, then once they pass out log on and enjoy the peace and quiet for a couple hours...if a question does come up, play the well I guess you just had too much to drink and passed out routine...

Next day they will more than likely be too hung over to notice you spent that day on DDO too...

Granted this may only work for 2 maybe 3 days tops, but it could work, couldnt it? :D

Seriously i am glad to see a loot weekend again, I hope I can pry myself away long enough to enjoy it...

TheDoctor
02-11-2009, 09:32 PM
I love you DDO.... are you married..??

My name is TheDoctor...how do you like me so far..???

Ok...so long... loot time....

iamsamoth0
02-11-2009, 09:34 PM
to opt out of xp if we'd like?
I'm sure for a couple of my toons I kinda don't want extra xp until I finish the lower quest lines. But the +1 loot would be appreciated. =)
Just to throw a wrench from NC into the programming pudding.

Wizzly_Bear
02-11-2009, 11:24 PM
to opt out of xp if we'd like?
I'm sure for a couple of my toons I kinda don't want extra xp until I finish the lower quest lines. But the +1 loot would be appreciated. =)
Just to throw a wrench from NC into the programming pudding.
reenter the quest

sephiroth1084
02-11-2009, 11:37 PM
So, what time do the XP and loot bonuses begin applying? Now (post-midnight EST), in the morning? When?

Gratch
02-12-2009, 01:38 AM
So, what time do the XP and loot bonuses begin applying? Now (post-midnight EST), in the morning? When?

There's a big red button... they hit it and it reveals vast & mysterious... no wait... they hit the big green button next to it that enable +1 loot and 25% xp.

When you enter a quest and the XP log shows

+25% because turbine loves you this valentines

Then you know your loot is <Kargon>more betterama</Kargon>

ShadowDog
02-12-2009, 06:32 AM

Awesome ... but my computer clock says Thursday 2/12/2009, and I don't see the 25% bonus in-game. So was this February 12th 2010 ?

j/k

Seriously what time do you plan on flipping the bit?

Elsiah
02-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Ouch, I think that is the ANTI-Valentine thing to do: Make people choose between playing DDO and their mate.

Nerds have been doing it in PnP since day 1 of the game....it's sort of tradition, and how i got my wife to play. Now she's my perma-cleric. Muahahahahahah!

LadeeM
02-12-2009, 08:21 AM
Is it at all possible to get a rough estimate as to when it will start on Thursday? Please and thank you! :D

wemery73
02-12-2009, 08:32 AM
9:28 am est what time they get ing the office?

we want loot:D we want xp :)

Kaldaka
02-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Yeah ... when is this getting turned on?

9:35 EST and no +25% yet ....

iamsamoth0
02-12-2009, 08:34 PM
reenter the quest

It sneaked up, then bit me.
Nice.

DasLurch
02-17-2009, 02:12 AM
So by all of Tuesday does that mean EST or PST?

Uska
02-17-2009, 02:17 AM
So by all of Tuesday does that mean EST or PST?

I would guess eastern since thats where they are isnt it?

iamsamoth0
02-17-2009, 07:33 PM
all of it.
FE eats my soul. Enjoy!