PDA

View Full Version : Xoriat Hound Alignment

icculus
02-09-2009, 12:46 PM
What is the alignment of the Xoriat Hound suppose to be? Currently Holy, Axiomatic, True Law, Pure Good do NOT work, yet Evil and Chaotic Outsider banes do.

The former indicate Neutral, which the latter indicate Chotic Evil :confused:

Further, what DR does the Hound have?

GlassCannon
02-09-2009, 12:53 PM
What is the alignment of the Xoriat Hound suppose to be? Currently Holy, Axiomatic, True Law, Pure Good do NOT work, yet Evil and Chaotic Outsider banes do.

The former indicate Neutral, which the latter indicate Chotic Evil :confused:

True Law and Pure Good proc on Neutral targets. You are hitting her before her Wards drop is all. Pure Good does work on her(Mineral 2; Good Blast), but only after she whimpers in fear.

icculus
02-09-2009, 05:10 PM
True Law and Pure Good proc on Neutral targets.
Yes, that is correct. But they have in the past not always proc'd properly on certain targets (notably constructs).

You are hitting her before her Wards drop is all.
No - this is easy to demonstrate since she takes no melee damage at all before they drop. However, this does raise the other question I had about what bypasses her DR since Holy/Silver, Holy/Byeshk, Holy/Cold Iron all do not work...

Pure Good does work on her(Mineral 2; Good Blast), but only after she whimpers in fear.
Although Good Plast & Pure Good are not necessarily coded the same, whacking her with Retribution indicates otherwise: 16 slash damage + immune + immune + immune

tihocan
02-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Typically, hounds are chaotic and have DR/Lawful. I'm not sure about Xy'zzy, though at least she takes full damage from transmuters, so it's not DR/-.

Turial
02-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Typically, hounds are chaotic and have DR/Lawful. I'm not sure about Xy'zzy, though at least she takes full damage from transmuters, so it's not DR/-.

I think mithral is the only defined metal attribute that transmuting lists, that players can not get as a random item, ie mithral longsword.

BelVic
02-28-2009, 12:44 AM
When she was hitting my tank with bramble caster gloves I saw damage in combat log. So guess she not immune to untyped damage. Now if somebody can craft weapon with untyped damage like Steam II or Corrosive salt and test would be good :)