PDA

View Full Version : Catfolk

Selenay
02-06-2009, 09:55 AM
I noticed after playing for a while, that I have heard nothing of catfolk players. Are there any plans on creating this race in the online game version? I would personally love to play such a race. =^.^=

Information about this race can be found on page 92 of the "Races of the Wild" source book.

Dexxaan
02-06-2009, 10:00 AM
What for?

There´s way too many pussy´s as it is running around Raging and wielding Toothpicks. :eek:

(Man I´m gonna hear about this.....)

Uska
02-06-2009, 10:01 AM
dont ever see it happening

Arkat
02-06-2009, 10:01 AM
And I'd LOVE to play a Goliath as long as they had Large versions of the weapons that are in the game!

Unfortunately, neither Catfolk nor Goliaths are probably going to make it in the game. The Devs are having trouble getting Half-Orcs and Half-Elves in and they're core races!

Arianrhod
02-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Catfolk unlikely. Shifters, maybe someday (Eberron-specific race).

Memnir
02-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Since we don't have all the core races available at this time (half-elves, half-orc, gnomes), nor all the Eberron-standard races (kalashtar, shifters) - I'm not sure if we're quite ready to start adding races from the supplement books. Just my 2 cents.

vainangel
02-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Druids and Half-[elf/orc] and possibly those gnome things... Cat People? We kill those things!

Selenay
02-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Since most other MMOs have a feline type of race, I thought it would help get more players here if DDO incorporated one as well.

Mercules
02-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Since most other MMOs have a feline type of race, I thought it would help get more players here if DDO incorporated one as well.

Um...

DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! :mad:

All kidding aside those other MMOs have a lot of things DDO doesn't have. Luckily it is because DDO doesn't need or want them. I don't think I want to deal with the players that those Feline Races normally appeal to like the Nekomusume crowd.

Arianrhod
02-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Um...

DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! :mad:

All kidding aside those other MMOs have a lot of things DDO doesn't have. Luckily it is because DDO doesn't need or want them. I don't think I want to deal with the players that those Feline Races normally appeal to like the Nekomusume crowd.

What, you don't want more girl gamers? ;)

We like our kitties :D

Still, I'd rather see Shifters (with an enhancement line for feline characteristics, and some feline visual customization options) than a race from some tertiary source. Let's concentrate on the core races and Eberron flavor first. Weirder stuff can come later. Besides, Catfolk would probably provoke another Silver Flame crusade ;)

Mercules
02-06-2009, 11:04 AM

Depends... what is the percentage of Girl Gamers gained to Leering Geek Gamers? I think that is my issue.

Uska
02-06-2009, 11:09 AM

we dont need to be more like other mmos

Selenay
02-06-2009, 11:09 AM

We like our kitties :D

Still, I'd rather see Shifters (with an enhancement line for feline characteristics, and some feline visual customization options) than a race from some tertiary source. Let's concentrate on the core races and Eberron flavor first. Weirder stuff can come later. Besides, Catfolk would probably provoke another Silver Flame crusade ;)

I do happen to be a girl, just so you know. I would love it if they did have the shifters with different affinities to shift to. Besides...what's wrong with another crusade? That sounds like content to me.

Deadz
02-06-2009, 11:11 AM
I do happen to be a girl, just so you know. I would love it if they did have the shifters with different affinities to shift to. Besides...what's wrong with another crusade? That sounds like content to me.

You know what i agree, in fact i love... kitties... :)

Oops quoted the wrong post

Robi3.0
02-06-2009, 11:13 AM
I would love to see changeling added, since they are by far my favorite race. Sadly it is probably never happen.

Lucian_Navarro
02-06-2009, 11:22 AM
I noticed after playing for a while, that I have heard nothing of catfolk players. Are there any plans on creating this race in the online game version? I would personally love to play such a race. =^.^=

Information about this race can be found on page 92 of the "Races of the Wild" source book.

In the original version of "Oriental Adventures" you can find a race called the "Wu-Jen" wich is a race of shape shifting animals. The animal variations are selectable and each have specific pro's and con's. They are considered outsiders and often feared as they typically choose the path of a sorcerer type.

Different and fun to play...

But I can forsee that the Druid Class will be the exclusive shape-shifting class in DDO.

Dracolich
02-06-2009, 11:26 AM

Which MMOs have feline races? WoW doesnt, WAR doesnt, AC doesnt, SWG doesnt. DAOC I believe does not. Everquest is probably the only one, hardly most. Not meant to be a jab just trying to find the feline :D

Selenay
02-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Which MMOs have feline races? WoW doesnt, WAR doesnt, AC doesnt, SWG doesnt. DAOC I believe does not. Everquest is probably the only one, hardly most. Not meant to be a jab just trying to find the feline :D

Everquest has an out right cat looking one. Then there's FFOnline, and Second Life. That last one doesn't have a real gaming like quality that most are used to, but there are rpg games within the game.

Need more felines in more games. We are very nice as long as you don't pull our tails. =^.^=

binnsr
02-06-2009, 01:15 PM
In addition to the cat races in Everquest (who also had frogs iirc), Vanguard had (has?) both cats (http://www.vanguardmmorpg.com/vanguard_races_kurashasa.php) and dogs (http://www.vanguardmmorpg.com/vanguard_races_vulmane.php) as player races..

Personally, though, I'd rather see the core races and Eberron races added before others.

Tanka
02-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Vanguard is still up and running, yes. They're hitting their second anniversary soon.

Arianrhod
02-06-2009, 01:57 PM
In the original version of "Oriental Adventures" you can find a race called the "Wu-Jen" wich is a race of shape shifting animals. The animal variations are selectable and each have specific pro's and con's. They are considered outsiders and often feared as they typically choose the path of a sorcerer type.

I believe that was actually Hengeyokai. Wu Jen was essentially the Oriental Adventures version of a wizard.

EKKM
02-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Say no to Furries!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom

Dracolich
02-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah no furries. People with those furry fetishes are some weirdos. Prolly sit around watching thunder cats and rubbing butter in their belly button yelling "Thunder Cats HOOOOOOOOOO" :D SNARF!!

Lymnus
02-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Eh. Lets not start picking at furries. That's not cool

But, Catfolk might actually be kinda fun. Something not too overpowered, but not severely underpowered either. They get +2 Dex and +2 Chr. However, the issue is, the reason people used to go Catfolk is for the feat Catfolk Pounce. I'm curious how one would implement Catfolk Pounce into DDO.

For those who don't know, Catfolk Pounce is a feat that lets you make a charge, then perform a full round attack at the end of the charge.

Aesop
02-06-2009, 04:16 PM
I think I'd perfer them to work on other things than Catfolk over all... Catfolk are sorta nifty I suppose but there are other Races I perfer.

Half Elf
Gnome
Half Orc
Shifter
Changeling
Aasimir
Tiefling

Those would be the tops of my list (no particular order) Aasimir and Tieflings could be Favor Rewards for 1000 General Favor... or maybe tier 3 12 Favor or some such.

Perhaps even Half Dragon for tier 3 Argonessan Favor :D

Aesop

Dracolich
02-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Why shouldnt we pick on furries? Nothing good comes from adults dressing up pretending they are animals. The same with people dressing up pretending they are Klingons, Vulcans and Elves for that matter. The furry community is not a healthy one by any stretch of the immagination for many reasons I am not going to go into on a forum where kids may be reading. :D move along and no furries for you.

The Ricasta are a goofy race same as Rakshasha. Lets get the starting races first then maybe in 2025 we can work on the animal fetish races.

Uska
02-06-2009, 06:01 PM

But I can forsee that the Druid Class will be the exclusive shape-shifting class in DDO.

Umm kind wrong there wu-jen was class not a race but there were an animal like race forget the name though. never like OA stuff much myself

Arianrhod
02-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Perhaps even Half Dragon for tier 3 Argonessan Favor :D

Aesop

I hope not....that would be pretty much throwing Eberron lore right out the window. Just consider the story of Vol...

Vol's parents, conspiring to find a way to end the war between elves and dragons, create a half-dragon, Vol. Once Vol's existence is revealed, elves and dragons do unite (briefly) - to destroy the abomination of a half-dragon, and wipe out the entire House Vol while they're at it.

The Dragons of Argonnessen should never even permit the existence of half-dragons, let alone encourage them as a favor reward.