PDA

View Full Version : How about dropping some Shroud ingredients in other high level quests?

Fennario
02-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Probably not a popular idea, but man I'm growing weary of this quest.

Some may say stop running it then. But where else are you going to get the caliber of loot that you can get in there?

It would be a nice treat to see a large stone or something drop out of an unexpected chest from time to time. Anything to reduce the grind, even if just a little.

Anyways, back in I go... my rogue needs another power shard. :)

Eternity25
02-03-2009, 08:16 PM
I don't think we need ingrediants to drop from other quests. All we need is a 3 for 1 exchanger like in Gianthold for dragon scales and relics.

Timjc86
02-03-2009, 08:16 PM
I'd go for that. I don't see anything hugely wrong with providing decent incentives to run other content. Preferably content that doesn't get run very much in the first place.

Memnir
02-03-2009, 08:19 PM
No.
Crafting, and the ingredients to do so, is the raid loot for the Shroud. Raid loot does not drop in other quests - nor should ingredients. If you are tired of it, then stop running it for a while - loot be damned.

Oreg
02-03-2009, 08:39 PM
However, I would like to see all green steel blank ingredients drop in the vale randomly. It makes no sense that some do and some don't.

Clay
02-03-2009, 08:48 PM
No.
Crafting, and the ingredients to do so, is the raid loot for the Shroud. Raid loot does not drop in other quests - nor should ingredients. If you are tired of it, then stop running it for a while - loot be damned.

However, I would like to see all green steel blank ingredients drop in the vale randomly. It makes no sense that some do and some don't.

agreed.

Eternity25
02-03-2009, 08:52 PM

Having all the blank ingrediants drop from the vale would unbalance the game. It would give people a much easier way to gain ingrediants to craft as much shroud items as they need at least 10 times faster than what they could do otherwise. It may decrease the AH prices, and people would still need to run the quests for the signet sones, but some people may choose to ransack the value all day long. If someone did that all day with 10 capped toons, and had a haggle bard, they could theoretically make 20 million gold, and gain at least 50 ingrediants. (2 million gold per toon, 5 ingrediants per toon (at the minimum). The vale would be the most popular loot run available. All blank ingrediants dropping from the vale would mess up the game economy and devalue plat further by adding to inflation. Thereby, raising AH prices.

rayflo
02-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Having all the blank ingrediants drop from the vale would unbalance the game. It would give people a much easier way to gain ingrediants to craft as much shroud items as they need at least 10 times faster than what they could do otherwise. It may decrease the AH prices, and people would still need to run the quests for the signet sones, but some people may choose to ransack the value all day long. If someone did that all day with 10 capped toons, and had a haggle bard, they could theoretically make 20 million gold, and gain at least 50 ingrediants. (2 million gold per toon, 5 ingrediants per toon (at the minimum). The vale would be the most popular loot run available. All blank ingrediants dropping from the vale would mess up the game economy and devalue plat further by adding to inflation. Thereby, raising AH prices.

im confused how is putting funk in an outside chest going to devalue plat and even with a haggle toon how long it would take to make 20mill gold by looting vale alone. are you serious? i think it would take me a bit of time

Eternity25
02-03-2009, 09:57 PM
im confused how is putting funk in an outside chest going to devalue plat and even with a haggle toon how long it would take to make 20mill gold by looting vale alone. are you serious? i think it would take me a bit of time

It wouldn't umbalance the game or devalue plat if it was looted casually but it would if plat farmers began to ransack it. I might be all wrong. I know I'd loot the value all day if I had the time and patience but looting it all day would be boring. I'm sure many would loot the vale regardless of ingrediant drops so it wouldn't be unbalancing. Now that I think about it, I was wrong. The odds of the drop rates of the other 3 could be lower if they were added. I agree with Oreg and Clay that it would be nice to see all ingrediants drop from the vale.

Oreg
02-03-2009, 10:01 PM
It wouldn't umbalance the game or devalue plat if it was looted casually but it would if plat farmers began to ransack it. I might be all wrong. I know I'd loot the value all day if I had the time and patience but looting it all day would be boring. I'm sure many would loot the vale regardless of ingrediant drops so it wouldn't be unbalancing. Now that I think about it, I was wrong. The odds of the drop rates of the other 3 could be lower if they were added. I agree with Oreg and Clay that it would be nice to see all ingrediants drop from the vale.

glad to see you come around :)

Yeah it wouldn't unbalance anything in my opinion. It would definitely take away a source of income from plat farmers and as you stated - people still need to run the vale quests for signet stones so the grind is still there. What would change is that people like me wouldn't have over 140 different vale quests stones yet still be forced to run quests for twigs, pebbles and funk. I'd still do it to get people flagged but I wouldn't HAVE to do it to be able to craft an item.

pscomputers
02-03-2009, 10:11 PM
After you've run each quest once to get your piece of pie to make your signet stone, you find yourself with only 5 ingredients when you need 12.

Who came up with that idea?

Timjc86
02-03-2009, 10:27 PM
After you've run each quest once to get your piece of pie to make your signet stone, you find yourself with only 5 ingredients when you need 12.

That's not nearly as bad as the larges (successful shroud runs in addition to the 3 day timer) required to finish an item. Although a tier III greensteel item is far and away more powerful than a blank.

Angelus_dead
02-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Someone who thinks the ingredients don't bind.

pscomputers
02-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Someone who thinks the ingredients don't bind.

Woot!!! The ingredients don't bind! That means I can take my 5 ingredients and top them up with 7 more from the AH and support the plat farmers, to make my GS blank.

Fantastic idea.

FluffyCalico
02-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Probably not a popular idea, but man I'm growing weary of this quest.

Some may say stop running it then. But where else are you going to get the caliber of loot that you can get in there?

It would be a nice treat to see a large stone or something drop out of an unexpected chest from time to time. Anything to reduce the grind, even if just a little.

Anyways, back in I go... my rogue needs another power shard. :)

How about moving Horns out to the vale where they belong with the rest of greensteel stuff. That would also up the drop rate of actual shroud stuff in the shroud.

Angelus_dead
02-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Woot!!! The ingredients don't bind! That means I can take my 5 ingredients and top them up with 7 more from the AH and support the plat farmers, to make my GS blank.

Fantastic idea.
Strawman. Also, not clever in the least.