PDA

View Full Version : Tell The DDO Community Team: New Spells!

Tolero
09-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Welcome to a special edition of Tell The Team! Our focus is: New Spells!

How it works:
Here in the thread, tell us: What comes to mind; what you think; how you feel; etc, as it relates to the question at hand. Thank you so much to everyone for offering their answers!

Ground Rules:
Before we get started, let's lay down three ground rules if you're going to participate in the thread. These ground rules also have a few samples to help clarify participation:

#1 - The single most important rule to remember while participating in this thread is:
No personal attacks.
If you disagree with the opinion of another participant, that's fine, but no one can make anyone agree to their opinion. Thus, please refrain from commenting on the personal qualities of others who offer their responses to the question. Personal attacks go against forum guidelines. Questions asked will be subjective, and some users will have a lot related to their opinion, while others may only define things in short phrases. All forms are acceptable.
Hypothetical Example:
Tolero "Do you like ice cream?"
Player 1 "I hate ice cream because it's too tough to scoop"
Acceptable "I like it. It's not that bad to scoop once you let it sit on the counter for a little bit before you try to dip it Player 1."
Acceptable "I like it but I have the same problem as Player 1. What brand is it Player 1?"
Acceptable "I don't think it's too hard, I never have any problem with it. I like ice cream."
Unacceptable "That's cause you're a noob..."
Unacceptable "You don't have enough experience with scooping to be talking about how difficult it is"
Unacceptable "How about you back that opinion up with some numbers. If you can't prove it don't bring it here"

Everyone has the right to offer their response to the question(s), whether they have scientific data to back up their feelings, or they simply just "feel" a certain way towards the question(s).

#2 - Participate as well as discuss.
If you would like to join in the discussion, please be sure to offer your response to the questions as well, in addition to your conversation with any other thread participants
Hypothetical Example:
Tolero "What's your favorite color?"
Player 1 "Blue"
Player 2 "Green"
Acceptable "Purple... hey Player 2, how come you like Green?"
Unacceptable "hey Player 2 how come you like Green?"

Please be sure to take the time to offer your own opinion of the question(s) before you engage in a discussion about other people's opinions in the thread.

#3 - Don't recycle the above hypothetical examples in your responses ;) as it spams the thread.
[CENTER]-------------------------- Let's Get Started! --------------------------

For this edition of Tell The Team, we're looking for suggestions and wish lists of spells to add to DDO! Have a favorite classic D&D spell from the Player's Handbook? A lesser known spell from another D&D source book? Now's your chance to offer suggestions for new spells for DDO! High level and low level, Core rules or other 3.5 books, feel free to offer your suggestions for a spell you'd love to see in the game!

beeofdoom
09-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Mind Blank please, TY.

Kargon
09-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Create Tasty Ham.

Cost 2000 spellmapoints.

Do it.

BuzzSaw
09-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Dimensional Anchor

Thanks
Buzz

Strykersz
09-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Prismatic Wall.

The10man
09-22-2008, 04:02 PM
To Meridia!! and all places on lists from GT and Teleport. Please!!!

Inkblack
09-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Anti-magic shield -- the kind that only suppresses spells, does not dispel them. And we can step in and out of it, regaining our buffs when we step out.

Summon Quest IX -- Creates more content, cool down timer one month.

Ink

cappuccino
09-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Wish!

KoboldKiller
09-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Melf's Minute Meteors

Freeman
09-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Some of my recommendations to add:

Confusion - My all-time favorite PnP spell
Summon Swarm(Let the bats be on our side for a change)
Blink - Hey, if the devils can do it...
Greater Invisibility
Song of Discord
Prismatic Wall
Prismatic Spray
Bigby's Clenched Fist

Just a few suggestions. Overall, we need a better selection of higher-level spells.

KoboldKiller
09-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Align weapon
Arcane Eye
Color Spray
Death Knell

Cahira
Bard Lvl 2: Shatter (just so that we have a damage spell that affects breakables :D )

Bard Lvl 4: Rainbow Pattern
Shadow Conjuration

Bard Lvl 6: Find the Path
Eyebite
Animate Objects

And while I'm wishing unrealistically, I'd love to have all the image spells (Silent Image, Mirror Image, Minor Image, Major Image, etc) for bards. :D

And can you please make party members no longer be affected by Confusion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/confusion.htm)? Even though the spell's not in the game, I find my party often falling victim to its affects. ;) :D

Dworkin_of_Amber
Cleric Spells from the d20SRD:

Level 1:
Entropic Shield - Ranged attacks against you have 20% miss chance. - DDO Translation: 20% Blur vs. Ranged

Level 2:
Align Weapon - Weapon becomes good, evil, lawful, or chaotic. - DDO Translation: Currently equipped weapon gains "of Pure Good", "of Pure Evil", True Law, or True Chaos. This effect is in addition to any other current prefix/suffix/enchantment on the weapon

Level 3:
Daylight - 60-ft. radius of bright light. - DDO Translation: See the scepter in Rainbow in the Dark.
Wind Wall: Deflects arrows, smaller creatures, and gases. - DDO Translation: Temporarily grants function similar to Feat: Deflect Arrows + 30% Blur

Level 4:
Spell Immunity: Subject is immune to one spell per four levels. - DDO Translation: See the Mummy King in the Wizard King (Mecht Desert)

Level 5:
Righteous Might: Your size increases, and you gain combat bonuses. - DDO Translation: +4 Size Bonus to STR, +2 Size Bonus to Con, +2 Natural Armor, DR3/evil (DR6/evil @ L12, DR 9/evil @ L15)

Level 7:
Ethereal Jaunt - You become ethereal for 1 round/level. - DDO Translation: Similar to Shadow Walk... become Invisible, extra hasty, can't attack, etc.
Regenerate - Subject’s severed limbs grow back, cures 4d8 damage +1/level (max +35). - DDO Translation: Divine Healing effect @ 4d8 + 1/level / tick.

Level 8:
Antimagic Field - Negates magic within 10 ft. - DDO Translation: See Beholders. Limited AoE around Caster. Self Only
Earthquake - Intense tremor shakes 80-ft.-radius.
Spell Immunity, Greater - As spell immunity, but up to 8th-level spells.

Level 9:
Energy Drain - Subject gains 2d4 negative levels.
Heal, Mass - As heal, but with several subjects.
Implosion - Kills one creature/round. - DDO Translation: As Slay Living or Destruction, Mass (Medium AoE Effect, like Blade Barrier or Mass Buff dimension, targeted AoE)
Storm of Vengeance - Storm rains acid, lightning, and hail. - DDO Translation: As Acid Fog + Lightning Bolt x6 + Bludgeon damage and ranged attack blocking portion of Sleetstorm (5d6) + Solid Fog
Summon Monster IX: Calls extraplanar creature to fight for you.
True Resurrection: As resurrection, plus remains aren’t needed. - DDO Translation: Raise to Life at Full Hit Point + No Death Penalty

Tolero
09-22-2008, 04:23 PM

When last I looked, Meridia is slated to be on the teleport and greater teleport list for Mod 8.

kruggar
09-22-2008, 04:28 PM
shield other !!!

let my 400 hps cleric save some casters :)

Lazarus
09-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Don't remember the level of the spell or from what book, but it is called zone of sweet air, i believe it was a druid and cleric spell that dissipated all cloud effects in the area.

GroceryOutlet
09-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Don't remember the level of the spell or from what book, but it is called zone of sweet air, i believe it was a druid and cleric spell that dissipated all cloud effects in the area.

'Break Enchantment' does this.

Please make an 'improved haste' - Implemention?: Haste+ (maybe single target?)
Mass elemental resists, if you have to make them more mana intensive, than so be it.

ArkoHighStar
09-22-2008, 04:44 PM
When last I looked, Meridia is slated to be on the teleport and greater teleport list for Mod 8.

and there was much rejoicing

kruggar
09-22-2008, 04:48 PM
a little more spells for clerics.

lvl 9 - energy drain
lvl 9 - etherealness
lvl 8 - create grater undead
lvl 8 - antimagic field
lvl 7 - holy word
lvl 7 - refuge
lvl 6 - world of recall (please make this spell usefull)
lvl 6 - anti-life shell
lvl 5 - wall of stone
lvl 5 - disrupting weapon
lvl 4 - greater magical weapon
lvl 3 - magic vestment
lvl 2 - spiritual weapon

there should be a few more.. just taking those from srd to make it easy.. will work on a wizard , bard , sorcerer list later.

cdbd3rd
09-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Despite the game design issues that prevent them, I would still love to see Fly and/or Levitate. :o

dameron
09-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Mirror image (doesn't have to be a perfect graphical effect)
Keen Edge
True Strike
Color Spray
Enlarge Person
Alter Self
Vampiric Touch
Blink
Dimension Anchor
Black Tentacles
Arcane Eye

kruggar
09-22-2008, 04:54 PM
list for wizards/sorcerers

lvl 9 - shapechange
lvl 9 - etherealness
lvl 9 - energy drain
lvl 9 - wail fo the banshee
lvl 9 - meteour swarm
lvl 9 - mass hold monster
lvl 9 - impresonement
lvl 9 - prismatic sphere
lvl 8 - dimensional lock (please let us stop the devils teleporting)

will continue later.. work call :)

faldordadink
09-22-2008, 04:57 PM
well I was sure someone would have said it already but how about find familiar?

QuantumFX
09-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Ok, list will grow in between shroud runs...

As I see it Rangers, Paladins, Bards and Clerics need the most love in the spell selection department.

Ranger:
Spell Compendium
- Accelerated Movement: Ranger faster sneaking
- Arrow Storm: AOE manyshot
- Balancing Lorecall: Spikey boots
- Bladestorm: monster ability to hit multiple PC's w/o cleave.
- Blade thirst: All your slashing weapons become +3
- Blades of Fire
- Briar Web: Would be useful as it has no save
- Curse of Impending Blades
- Exacting Shot
- Fell the Greatest Foe
- Foebane

Cleric:
Spell Compendium
- Align Weapon (Mass)
- Anarchic/Axiomatic Storm: Acid rain with diffrent colors
- Assay Spell Resistance
- Avoid Planar Effects
- Bestow Curse, Greater
- Bolt of Glory
- Brambles
- Call Marut: Come on! I want a pet Marut!
- Conviction (Mass)
- Delay Death
- Devil Blight
- Divine Agility
- Divine Interdiction
- Earth Reaver
- Energy Immunity
- Fortunate Fate

Paladin
- Aura of Glory
- Blessing of Bahamut (Syberis)
- Checkmate's Light
- Clear Mind
- Cloak of Bravery
- Diamondsteel
- Draconic Might
- Favor of the Martyr

Bard
- Battle Hymn
- Dirge
- Dirge of Discord
- Dolorous Blow

Arcane
- Dispelling Screen
- Disrupt Undead
- Energy Orb
- Fire Shield Mass

moorewr
09-22-2008, 05:19 PM
I'm very happy to see fixes to Teleport and Greater Teleport on the list.

MY wish list:
Blink
Color Spray
Limited Wish
Mirror Image
Prismatic Spray
True Strike

... all the Druid spells. :p

Alexander_Illusioni
09-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Greater Stoneskin
Improved Invisibility
Weird
Wail of the Banshee
Energy Drain
Scintillating Pattern
Iron Body

These would be fun to have, hard to implement:

Shapechange
Timestop
Teleportation Circle
Wish
Prismatic Wall
Limited Wish

Drider
09-22-2008, 05:30 PM
The Prismatic Spells... These are big ones for me.

Cashiry
09-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Weird
Illusion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm#illusion) (Phantasm (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm#phantasm)) [Fear, Mind-Affecting (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm#descriptor)]
Level (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm#level):Sor/Wiz 9 (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spellLists/sorcererWizardSpells.htm#ninthLevelSorcererWizardS pells)
Targets (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm#targetorTargets):Any number of creatures, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
This spell functions like phantasmal killer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/phantasmalKiller.htm), except it can affect more than one creature. Only the affected creatures see the phantasmal creatures attacking them, though you see the attackers as shadowy shapes.
If a subject’s Fortitude save (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/combatStatistics.htm#fortitude) succeeds, it still takes 3d6 (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) points of damage and is stunned (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#stunned) for 1 round. The subject also takes 1d4 (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) points of temporary Strength damage.

Ganidel
09-22-2008, 05:48 PM
Regenerate - Subject’s severed limbs grow back, cures 4d8 damage +1/level (max +35). - DDO Translation: Divine Healing effect @ 4d8 + 1/level / tick.

This spell would rock, though some how I dont think they'd put it in unless they planned to make divining healing better also, DV and DH should have been upgraded at 13 and 15, or have extra healing effect DH and DL.
Not that ppl use DL atm, but that could change if it was effected by Potency, Maximize ect.. - Like Dragonmarks are.

geoffhanna
09-22-2008, 05:49 PM

Yay!

My list of faves that I miss, but seem doable in DDO

Enlarge
Find Familiar
Rope Trick
Entanglement
Wall of Ice
Wall of Force

Here are some I don't know how to use in DDO but are always on my spell list in PnP. Maybe you creative dev types can come up with something :)

Fly
Spider Climb
Phantasmal Force
Tensor's Floating Disc

There are more but I'm not trying to list everying in the PHB that isn't in DDO. Only those I miss the most.

Bronko
09-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Silverbeard for Paladins.

- Grants a +X Sacred bonus to armor class.

I can't really comment on duration, cost, or spell level, but I'm sure there's a way to make it a viable and balanced spell. It could probably scale with caster level as well to give it some really nice 'oomph' for the high level Pallys out there.

Lehrman
09-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Weird

Strange?

I just want a mass Heal spell for shroud and vod

Ustice
09-22-2008, 06:02 PM

What about Word of Recall? That spell hasn't had a new location (or a useful one) since it's inception.

Aesop
09-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Mirror Image
Orb of (Force,Fire, Acid, Lightning, Cold, Sound)
Defenestrating Sphere (think Air Elementals)
Spiritual Weapon
Troll Form
Black Tentacles
Absorption
Energy Immunity
Mass Resist Energy
Field of Icy Razors
Greater Dragon Ally :D

there are a couple

Aesop

hydra_ex
09-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Strange?

No, Wierd: as phantasmal killer, but affects multiple targets. (banishment mechanich with pk instead of dismissal)
Also, implosion: kills one creature per round (ie banishment mechanic with delayed death)
And: Wail of the banshee (Area for fireball, but insta-kill instead of dps)
Energy Immunity (Yes... not gonna happen. Prot Energy mechaninc, )
Confusion/Insanity... (make a random number, right a simple if statement, and copy code from various pre-existing sources)
Prismatics
Orb of Anihalation (Flaming Sphere + Disintegrate)

Drider
09-22-2008, 06:21 PM
What about Word of Recall? That spell hasn't had a new location (or a useful one) since it's inception.

It's probably because Word of Recall doesn't work exactly like Teleport does. It's supposed to bring you back to a sanctuary that you are very familiar with.

It's kind of a worthless spell as it is, but I don't see it becoming really anymore useful.

Dexxaan
09-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Summon Quest IX -- Creates more content, cool down timer one month.

Ink

LMAO.

My all time favorite: Mirror Image...if the graphics is too complicated just toss a Big red Counter on our Buff Bar letting us know how many we have, and remaining time.

Anngel
09-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Its not really a spell, but will will give us more options with the current spell list..Its a feat from Complete Arcane its a Metamagic Feat called Energy Substitution.

Enegry Substitution would let you for extra spell point cost, cast a fireball that does Acid damage, or whatever Energy type you choose.

Raegoul
09-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Wall of Stone
Prestigitation

... others to come later

Mr._Dna
09-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Well, Level 8 cleric spells are the most needed at this point, so a couple useful ones would be:

Dimensional Lock: Teleportation and interplanar travel blocked for one day/level. Should work against red names like any other debuff spell.

Earthquake: Intense tremor shakes 80-ft.-radius. Obviously this spell per pnp would be overpowered in DDO, but make it a reflex-save large area AOE knockdown, dealing 8d6 or something like that.

I'll add some arcane spells in a minute.

BronwynnBane
09-22-2008, 06:42 PM

/signed Pretty please!

marcosoneghett
09-22-2008, 06:51 PM
First Tolero, please fix the spell lines.

From the way i see it fire lineages and cold (to some extent) have more spells and are more atractive for players than the eletric (that has some interesting spells, but no high end), acid and FORCE (this one goes only for missiles and repair spells). So Tolero, i'd like to see more spells implemented for all linneages, to make viable real specializations. Just add the same number of spells that fire has in the same level range and we will have more caster flavor.

That said, i'd like to see:

- Wall Spells (Prismatic, Ice, Force, Stone, Spikes, etc);
- Color and Prismatic Spray;
- Wail of the Banshee;
- Limited Wish (It's more viable than Wish, think in a list of options like Greater Teleport);
- AND PLEASE, make more EXCLUSIVE or UNIQUE spells for Bards, Rangers, Paladins.

dejafu
09-22-2008, 06:52 PM
From the Player's Handbook II

Invest Light Protection (Cleric 1): Heals 1d4+1/2 levels, grant DR1/evil.

Animalistic Power (Cleric 2, Wiz/Sorc 2, Ranger 2): Subjet gains +2 enhancement bonus to Str, Dex, and Con.

Mark of Judgment (Cleric 2): Creatures that attack subject heal 2 points of damage each successful hit.

Stay the Hand (Cleric 2): Change subject creature's attitude to helpful for one round. DDO version: Remove all hate you have generated from the target.

Curse of Arrow Attraction (Ranger 3): Enemy takes a -5 penalty to AC vs. ranged attacks.

Energy Vulnerability (Cleric 3, Wiz/Sorc 3): Subject gains vulnerability to the specified energy type.

Hunter's Eye (Ranger 3): Gain 1d6 sneak attack damage per 3 caster levels for 1 round.

Invest Moderate Protection (Cleric 3): Heals 3d4 damage + 1/2 levels, grant DR 3/evil.

Regroup (Wiz/Sorc 3): Teleports allies to your side (would have the usual teleport dialogue of "Do you accept this teleport?" to prevent griefing).

Blessing of the Righteous (Cleric 4, Paladin 4): Weapons deal +1d6 holy damage and become good-aligned.

Condemnation (Cleric 5, Wiz/Sorc 4): Lowers subject outsider's SR and stuns for 1 round.

Invest Heavy Protection (Cleric 5): Heal 5d4 + 1/2 levels, grant DR 5/evil.

Chasing Perfection (Cleric 6, Wiz/Sorc 6): Subject gains +4 enhancement to all abilities.

Righteous Burst (Cleric 7): Allies healed, enemies damaged 1d8+1/level.

Detonate (Wiz/Sorc 9): Slays subject and creates 20-ft-radius explosion that deals 1d6 damage/level.

Also, while it doesn't look like we're going to get Artificers in the foreseeable future, a lot of Artificer infusions seem to be good candidates for being reworked into Wiz/Sorc spells.

From the Eberron Campaign Setting:

Suppress Requirement (Level 3): Item that requires class feature, race, ability score, or alignment to function no longer carries that requirement for the spell's duration.

From Magic of Eberron:

Adamantine Weapon (Level 3): Transform weapon into adamantine for the spells duration (Would be nice to see this also allow the weapon to be changed into silver, iron, flametouched iron, or byeshk)

From Races of Eberron:

Humanoid Essence, Lesser (Level 3, Artificer and Cleric): For the duration of the spell, a warforged gains the full benefit of spells from the healing subschool.

True Seeing, Mass (Cleric Level 9)

AMERON
09-22-2008, 07:14 PM
bigsby hand series anyone?

maybe mefstils? acid breath and acid sheath.....from nwn.....

Asirin
09-22-2008, 07:34 PM
Time stop....
Patiently waiting....
That is all.. :D

muffinlad
09-22-2008, 07:35 PM
Regarding spells-

All spells that have some hit point, or hit die limitation need to be scaled for usefulness and duration.

Sleep, Deep Slumber, Undeath to Death (or visa versa), Death Spell, etc. need to be scaled higher to be effective at all.

1st choice- Levitate. It gives vert. movement that will be occasonally useful without being entirely exploitive. There are a few places that it would let you get past (titan) and others where it would make you a sitting duck (Coal chamber), and a few places that would become less annoying (The Pit...well, parts of it), but it would not be exploited like flying.

2nd choice- Wall of Ice. A barrier that does minor damage, fades over time, can be broken though.

3rd choice- Wall of Stone or Iron. One lasts longer, one is harder to break down. Works like a summoned creature, so you can't have more than one (to reduce over use)

4th choice - Mass Resists. Time is the issue here. This should be done for fun factor at the very least.

5th choice - Mass Protects- see Mass Resists

6th choice - Permanent. Choose one spell, only, that will remain on the target untill dispelled. Players must hit "agree", and get a new feat "dispell permanent" that they can hot bar (at first level). Special component- 10k gold in gems x spell level (10k to 90k) that could be crafted at an alter.

7th choice - Protection from Normal Missles

8th choice - TK. Move someone like the beholder spell.

muffinwiz

parvo
09-22-2008, 07:59 PM
You should look at the current spells and fix the ones that don't work. Specifically the ones that land behind moving targets. Here's an example; Hypnotism works perfectly. It allways lands (sometimes the mob saves or is immune) on the creature targeted. Sleep, Bane, Slow and others land where the mob was (at the beggining of the casting animation?). As most players have never seen the broken spells used, fixing the broken spells would be just like adding new ones and less work.

Brianius
09-22-2008, 08:11 PM
(lesser) Orb of (Insert element here). complete arcane

Turial
09-22-2008, 08:16 PM
Ranger level 1:
Claws of the bear - your hands become weapons that deal 1d8 damage.
Enrage Animal - animal rages like a barbarian
Healing lorecall - if you have 5 or more ranks in heal you can remove harmful conditions with healing spells
Surefoot - +10 bonus on balance, jump, and tumble checks
Towering Oak - +10 bonus to intimidate checks
Align Fang - Natural weapons become good, evil, lawful or chaotic
Ranger level 2:
Curse of Impending Blades - Subject takes -2 penalty to AC
Fell the greatest foe - Deal extra damage to creatures larger then you
Natures Favor - animal touched gains luck bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls of +1/3 levels.
Ranger level 3:
Align fang mass - Allies natural weapons become good, evil, lawful or chaotic
Curse of Impending Blades Mass - enemies take -2 penalty to AC
Forestfold - you gain +10 competence bonus on hide and move silently in one type of terrain
Heal animal companion (heal animal until we get animal companions) - as heal on your animal companion
Ranger Level 4:
Foe bane - your weapon becomes +5 and deals 2d6 damage against a favored enemy

Just a start from a crazy spell casting ranger.

Ustice
09-22-2008, 08:29 PM
I mostly play a cleric, so I will stick to that for now. I'll try to list the spells and what it will bring to the game.

First though, spells that need changing.

Flame Strike, Fire Storm: These spells are higher level than their wizard/sorcerer counterparts, but the casting time and time from animation start to the damage is way too long.

Word of Recall: 1 location? Really? Why not our bind point at LEAST?

Symbol of [Whatever]: Can we get these on SEPARATE and REASONABLE timers? :)

Freedom of Movement: Doesn't work when water is involved. It should allow fighting in water even.

Break Enchantment: It should dispel Greater Command

Summon Monster: Should have the option for multiple weaker creatures now that the issues with too many pets are not a problem for the AI.

Now for the new ones.
Hide from Undead: Clerics should be more effective vs undead. This will help to bypass some of them.

Sanctuary: Essential for moving around the battlefield tending to the wounded instead of running. Essentially is an automatic diplomacy use until broken (like invisibility).

Deflect Arrows: Same reason as above. Like blur with 20% miss chance from ranged attacks. Stacks with concealment.

Make Whole: Item repairs with standard cost. Prevents people from having to leave and re-enter to repair items, but keeps the cost. Could be combined with Mending as a standard repair, and Make Whole as an exceptional repair.

Shield Other: Makes Mass Cure spells more effective since the damage is split, and lowers over-all DPS.

Water Walk: Iconic and useful for reducing travel time and accessing areas that might otherwise not be accessible.

Air Walk: It's about time that we flew in more than the Stormreaver's lair. The tech is there. (change the animation)

Repel Vermin: Spiders are difficult to deal with without direct damage right now. It would be nice to have options.

Spell Immunity: Should allow spells that are not blocked by SR in DDO but are in PnP.

Wall of Stone: Allows for some great strategic opportunities.

Repulsion: It's too easy to get squashed (clerics this is) by the big bulky dumb monsters. This will at least keep them at bay.

Dimension Lock: Will prevent devils and demons from popping around, and help clear some lag.

It's a start, but Heroes is on. More later. :)

DasLurch
09-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Wall of Wind.

Plus any and all of the Druid spells :)

Krell
09-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Mirror Image
Blink - Payback for all the phasing/Teleporting creatures we chase down
Weird (Mass PK)
Time Stop - I would think this would work like a mass hold monster but would also affect traps.
Heal, Mass

Paragon
09-22-2008, 11:09 PM
I could name a lot of spells that should be there but just aren't. I'll refrain to a relatively small and easily dealt-with sample, though.

Mantle and Improved Mantle: These spells should really be in-game. Wizards and sorcerers should be given their fair share of protective spells, and right now just about none of the good protective spells exist in-game. These shouldn't be hard to balance either--give certain monsters greater enhancement bonuses on their weapons and give others enhancement bonuses that can be blocked by these spells.

Greater Stoneskin and Premonition: These are the same deal as the whole thing with the mantles. Give us our higher-level defensive spells! These are exactly the same as stoneskin, just with a higher damage absorption per swing. They even have the same 150-point total limit, so they really don't stop any more damage than stoneskin, they just do it in bigger chunks. (20 per swing for greater, 30 for premonition).

Fly: The benefits far outweigh the problems with this spell. It's too fun to not implement. If it works like the SR fly, all you need is a few monsters with good ranged attacks that can still do something to people they can't melee. Heck, that would make the monk's deflect arrows feat more useful too!

Prismatic Spray/Wall/etc: You don't have to make different parts of this do different things. Another option is to just send out a spray of random colors (like a hypno pattern) and have a roll for which effects hit each monster in the area. This would be a really awesome spell all around.

Djeserit
09-22-2008, 11:54 PM
'Mass' versions of many buffs:

Mass resist energy
Mass FOM
Mass deathward
Mass stoneskin
Mass heroism
etc.

Wouldn't present any real game balance issues either, just save us some headaches when buffing an entire crew.

barghest
09-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Temporal Stasis / Imprisonment ....

Djeserit
09-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Also easy to implement, but may present game balance issues:

Roc Str +6
Dex +6
etc.

Angelus_dead
09-23-2008, 12:50 AM
Fly: The benefits far outweigh the problems with this spell.
Quoted for hilarity.

sirgog
09-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Mass Heal - increased cooldown time (for balance reasons), as Heal, affects all allies and undead foes within a Haste radius, not capped at caster level 15
Summon Monster 9: Summons a Ghaele Eladrin to fight for you for nine minutes, or until slaughtered by the first Orthon it meets
Wail of the Banshee: Haste radius mass death spell, centred on caster, Fort negates
Shapechange: Caster becomes an iron golem or a barbazu for one minute (the caster chooses which)

Lo_Pan
09-23-2008, 01:17 AM
it's already been said, but; please fix existing spells!!!!!! The symbol series springs to mind!

Naso24
09-23-2008, 01:33 AM
Not new, but adjust ALL of the HP based spells. I know some are already higher than the PHB, but they need a much higher limit to account for the relative high HP of monsters. That would be like adding new spells. Power word blind, Power word stun, symbol of death, etc. Nobody takes these and it is a shame, since they are supposed to be powerful.

Increase the HP and To-Hit of summons to be closer to monsters. This is more important at higher levels. Level 5, 6, 7, and 8 could use a boost - similar to the crafted earth-earth summons.

Add charm monster mass (back in).

Add a necromancy like spell (drain HP, add % of drained HP to caster).

Remove the component requirement for trap the soul, lower the khyber cost, or sell ingredients at vendors for a reasonable price. If need be, split the spell into 2 versions: one uses cheaper ingredients but is not high enough quality for crafting, the other is as currently implemented.

And finally, add greater and superior potency VIII and IX items. This will also be like adding new spells to the game (that already exist but are under utilized).

Inspire
09-23-2008, 01:45 AM
Just One I Really Want To See;

Animal Companion.

Edit; Not That Its A Spell:D

Desteria
09-23-2008, 01:54 AM
Cleric 9 - MAss Heal, Implotion

Arcane 9 - Metior Swarm, Wish(not sure what this could do but it;s iconic some type of open up list like telaport i guess)

Cleric x Arcane x (leves are 3 and 4 in PnP but most agree they were to low) - Mass resist energy.

Cleric 6 Arcane 7 i think that was the levels - Energy imunity (liek resist but 24HR duration in PnP and total imunity to one type per casting)

Cleric 3 Signet of healing -> LONG range lower level MCL that needs special materil componets.

Arcane 4 - Evards black tenticals.

Cleric 8 - FIX the group buff to actuyl be GROUP and have all it;s evets the +ac/saves/blind eveil people that hit ytou.

Both meed more levle 8 spells but with out pulling my books out i cant think of any atm.

Arcane x/y/z - Prismatic Spray/Wall/Sphear

Desteria
09-23-2008, 02:05 AM
Arcane 5 - MASS FIRE SHIELD - WALL OF FORCE

daddio42
09-23-2008, 05:19 AM
Another vote for Permanency.

Spell
09-23-2008, 05:29 AM
Sorc/Wiz Spells

Level 0:
Resistance
Acid Splash
Daze
Flare
Light
Ray of Frost
Disrupt Undead
Mending

Level 1:
Protection from Chaos/Good/Law
True Strike
Color Spray
Disguise Self
Enlarge Person
Reduce person

Level 2:
Protection from Arrows
Summon Swarm
Tasha's Hideous Laughter
Darkness
Gust of Wind
Mirror Image
Darkvision
Levitate
Spider Climb

Level 3:
Magic Circle against Chaos/Good/Law
Wind Wall
Vampiric Touch
Blink
Fly
Gaseous Form
Keen Edge

Level 4:
Dimensional Anchor
Geas, Lesser
Evard's Black Tentacles
Otilukes Resilient Sphere
Rainbow Pattern
Enlarge Person, Mass
Polymorph
Reduce Person, Mass

Level 5:
Planar Binding, Lesser
Bigby's Interposing Hand
Nightmare
Baleful Polymorph
Overland Flight
Permanency

Level 6:
Guards and Wards
Repulsion
Planar Binding
Geas
Mislead
Eyebite
Control Water

Level 7:
Spell Turning
Plane Shift
Forcecage
Mordenkainen's Sword
Prismatic Spray
Project Image

Level 8:
Dimensional Lock
Mind Blank
Prismatic Wall
Protection from Spells
Maze
Moment of Prescience
Binding
Scintillating Pattern
Clone
Iron Body
Temporal Stasis

Ustice
09-23-2008, 06:47 AM
I have a few minutes here...

(Cone of ) Silence: They are the missing component to invisibility with Stealth.

Summon Swarm: It's about time that those annoying bats fought for US. :)

Time to go to work... more later.

Strahd-BR
09-23-2008, 06:53 AM
5º Wall of Force

Permanency - Even it is costs a bizillion xp i would quests everything again to have perm. buffs on my casters.

7º Spell Turning - Doable. If Spell Turn Check Succeds -> Cast Spell Target

Instant Summons - Would be great to teleport that sigil to you in the bank or just open a bank box everywhere!

8º Mind Blank - Come on! :p

9º Disjuction

Weird

Wail of the Banshee

Temporal Stasis

Time Stop - That one would be great too.. 30 seconds of frozen screen and caster power!

Sphere of Anihilation

esoitl
09-23-2008, 07:27 AM
Colour Spray, Darkness, Light, Silence, Ventriloquism, Enlarge/Reduce, Open/Close, Pyrotechnics, Mirror Image, Iron Body

Purely for the name, Mordenkainen's Lubrication!!
would be some interesting ones to implement although they are relatively low level but should all fit fairly well into the current system with really 'breaking' anything.

I also agree with whoever mentioned Zone of Sweet Air - great spell that I always curse not having made it in the game.

dakkon75
09-23-2008, 07:52 AM
Let's see....Energy Resist, Mass. I really want that one.

Also wish/miracle would not be too bad if you only implement the duplicate spell abilities of the said spells. Sure we would have clerics running around with arcane spell buffs but make it so that you can't affect the wish with metamagic feats. So if you really wanted that cleric to be a jumping, hasted, healing and bladebarrier casting bada$$ it will really cost you since all the arcane buffs will be cast at the 9th level sp cost. Same with wizards/sorcerers except they would mostly be healing.

Silverjade
09-23-2008, 08:02 AM
From the Complete Arcane.
Energy Resist Mass my most wanted:D .
Lesser orb spells all the lesser orbs cold fire ect.
Mass fire shield.
Ring of blades.
Resonating bolt.
Orb spells fire acid force ect.
Arc of lightning.
Blast of flame.
Vitriolic sphere.

MrCow
09-23-2008, 08:06 AM
Cacaphonic Blast, that way I can bellow out "moo!"s of destruction!

Shaamis
09-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Let's see....Energy Resist, Mass. I really want that one.

Also wish/miracle would not be too bad if you only implement the duplicate spell abilities of the said spells. Sure we would have clerics running around with arcane spell buffs but make it so that you can't affect the wish with metamagic feats. So if you really wanted that cleric to be a jumping, hasted, healing and bladebarrier casting bada$$ it will really cost you since all the arcane buffs will be cast at the 9th level sp cost. Same with wizards/sorcerers except they would mostly be healing.

I cant remember which 3.5 book it was in, but there is a spell called Sphere of Destruction, it's a Blackball you can control, moves 30' /round, and basically it's a flaming sphere sized ball that does 20d6 to everything it touches.

I want that.

Natalae
09-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Weird

would be a sweet effect from seeing a mass PK

Strahd-BR
09-23-2008, 08:45 AM
I cant remember which 3.5 book it was in, but there is a spell called Sphere of Destruction, it's a Blackball you can control, moves 30' /round, and basically it's a flaming sphere sized ball that does 20d6 to everything it touches.

I want that.

There was a spell kind like that in Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil as a Force Domain Spell.

It was called something sphere of anihilation.

I will add that spell to my list.

tihocan
09-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Mass repair

Mass resist

I want Animate Dead! Maybe we could cast the spell on living creatures, and when they die, they would turn into skeletons/zombies under our control? Now that would be some true Necro stuff :)

Blasphemy would be a sweet L7 cleric spell, assuming HD is not too inflated in DDO (not sure really).

Darkvision, so we can do Rainbow in the Dark without "cheating" with the gamma option

Please properly implement Holy Aura as per SRD rules, right now it's totally broken

Hallow, for these quests where we must hold some ground.

Properly implement the -4 save penalty on Feeblemind for arcane casters.

Earthquake would be awesome but maybe difficult to implement?

Regenerate

Righteous Might

Sanctuary please! I love this spell :)

Would love spell immunity but not sure how it could be done without a huge list of stuff to choose from... what about the first spell with SR that is thrown at us?

Borror0
09-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Voil*! (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=149994)

geoffhanna
09-23-2008, 09:16 AM
I posted once already but I'm going to cheat because I read everyone's replies and now I have to :)

If only allowed to add one spell or spell-like ability:

Find Familiar

And rangers need their Animal Companions and Paladins need their Mounts.

Not sure how a Paladin on his destrier would work in... ummm... PoP? But still. It's a big part of the class.

GrayOldDruid
09-23-2008, 09:22 AM
I'd like to see some existing spells actually work.

Holy Aura - doesn't work currently, not even as stated.
The Level 8 Cleric Fire spell - what is up with it? It doesn't target anything, range stinks, nothing is still there when it hits and it's damage stinks.
Circle and symbol of Death - LOL.... right... it won't kill a vale rat. Useless unless a lvl 16 is going back doing Marketplace quests, maybe.
All of the Summon spellls - seriously, what is a level 12 Ranger going to do with a Lioness that gets killed in two swats? The Summoned creatures need to stack up to the mobs in the levels they are able to be summoned - and level up with the character summoning them. Like the Summoned creatures get HP bonus equal to the caster's current CON bonus x caster level... maybe make a Summoner enhancement line that will allow stat bonuses to the summoned creatures 1AP - Summoner I - Summoned Creatures get +2str, +2con and +5/caster level HP, +3 to hit and damage ; Summoner II - Summoned Creatures get +2str, +2con x 1/2 caster level and +10/caster level HP, +5 to hit and damage ; Summoner III - Summoned Creatures get +15/caster level HP and +caster level DR/-, +8 to hit and damage

Lightening Storm - AOE persistent electrical damage with a chance to blind targets within it.

Nemisis - Spell cast on target, will spend one 'round' seeking weakness, then will do 1d10/caster level (max20) damage that bypasses all damage reduction of target and reduces all the target's DR by 1/caster level for 1 seconds/caster level. Either that or changes whatever DR it has to make it Vulnerable (extra hurt) by that attack type for 1 second/caster level. IE - Instead of 20 points of protection from fire, target now doubles the first 20 points of fire damage, taking 40 + (rolled damage-20)

Kaboth
09-23-2008, 09:51 AM
CORE, Arcane Spells that come to mind... in Alphabetical Order

Baleful polymorph
Black Tentacles
Contingency
Energy Drain
Enlarge (and Mass)
Iron Body
Limited Wish
Mage Hand (it can have uses)
Mislead
Mnemonic Enhancer
Plane Shift
Polymorph
Prismatic (Spray, Wall, and Sphere)
Shapechange
Spell Immunity
Spell Turning
True Strike
Wish

The_Phenx
09-23-2008, 09:53 AM

YAAAAA!!!!! <dancing will ensue>

Lorien_the_First_One
09-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Mass resists (please...its such a nice timesaver...) OR, give us a toggle "Mass" feat that lets us turn any buff into a "mass" spell for 6 times the SP cost

Can we PLEASE get the energy admixture and energy substitution feats? This would effectively multiply the existing spells in game without making you design a whole bunch of new stuff.

For those that don't know, energy sub allows you to specialize in an energy type (So I could pick Engergy Sub - Acid as a feat) and then you can change any spell to that energy type (so Magic Missiles can strike as Acid Damage instead of force, Fireball can strike with acid damage instead of fire, etc).

Energy Admixture allows you to double the spell (similar cost to "maximize" use) while giving two types of damage. So, sticking wiht that Acid choice in the feat... the Admixture fireball does 15d6 fire PLUS 15d6 acid.

The_Phenx
09-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Enlarge for gods sake... ENLARGE.

Duergar have it in BAM...
I want someone to cast it on me...

So i can be the worlds biggest most giant halfling.

GrayOldDruid
09-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Wind Wall - deflect arrows, disperse gases, block small creatures (spiders, rats, bats, scorpions) - Ranger
Darkvision - see 60' in total darkness. Useful in places like rainbow in the dark
The Magic Fang line - adds attack and damage for summoned creatures
Water walk - great for running around Meridia or that explorer area off of House K.... :D
Repel Vermin - repels bigger vermin.
Animal Growth
Give Rangers a step up to Ram's Might - Bear's Might - +4 Size bonus to STR, +2 Size Bonus to CON. (won't stack with Ram's)

Dimensional Lock
Earthquake - mass trip AOE with duration?
Fix Symbol of Death - 150HP max? in DDO? Really??? Set it where the max is five Vale Rats worth of HP.
Storm of Vengence

Greater invisibility - Player becomes like a Twilight Stalker - can attack while invisible.
Enlarge and reduce person spell lines - "Size of Fire Giant!" "Size of halfling... er... "
Wall of Force - ... okay, trapping and protecting the caster in a corner would be about the only use. :D
Baleful polymorph - Giant? What giant, that is a Black Wolf. (or my favorite ever pnp moment - Dragon Turtle? No, thats a Duck guarding the underwater treasure horde!)
permanancy :D
Mislead - Mirror Image - something like those.
Mage's Sword
Statue - gives a target the turn-to-stone protection and regeneration like the gargoyles. :D handy to cast on that squishy fighter to give the cleric a break.
Dimensional Lock - AOE teleport block.
Antipathy - target creature type does not want to attack or come near the caster.
Scintillating Pattern
Iron body
Wail of the Banshee

( okay, so it was more like "The Dragon Turtle attacks me?!? Oh, no... its a Duck, oh, please oh please, its a Duck!!!" cussing from the DM - "Okay, its a Duck." and it made the save to retain it's intelligence, so its a Duck that knows it is supposed to be a Dragon Turtle.)

redoubt
09-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Mass repair/reconstruct - should be easy... just follow the healing lines, but for WF.

More elemental arrows. Just like flame arrow, but cold, acid, sonic.

thanks!

Mr._Dna
09-23-2008, 11:59 AM
There aren't really a lot of good options for DDO level 8 arcane spells, but here are some possibilities:

Temporal Stasis: Puts subject into suspended animation. The key points of this spell is that it's permanent (until dispelled), and the creature in stasis can't be damaged. It at least has the potential to be useful, but also easy to implement.

Shadow Evocation, Greater: As shadow evocation, but up to 7th level and 60% real. Basically lets you cast any 7th level or lower evoc. spell as a shadow; does normal damage on a failed will save, 60% on a successful save. This could be a cool one, especially for sorcerers with their limited spell selection

Things get a lot more fun w/ level 9 spells, though:

Dominate Monster: As dominate person, but any creature.
Hold Monster, Mass: As hold monster, but all within 30 ft. These are both self explanatory and easy to implement.

Meteor Swarm: Four exploding spheres each deal 6d6 fire damage. This one is a no-brainer.

Weird: As phantasmal killer, but affects all within 30 ft. Again, easy to implement and powerful, but not game-breaking.
Wail of the Banshee: Kills one creature/level. Pretty similar in effect to Weird, just a different school. I will be happy if either one or both makes it into the game.

Energy Drain: Subject gains 2d4 negative levels. Another good possibility.

We need to recognize that most of the really powerful high level spells in PnP would either be impossible to implement or game-breaking in DDO. It's just how it is...

gfunk
09-23-2008, 12:34 PM
polymorph self/other...with humorous options.

like mouse, sheep, etc etc,...

totmacher
09-23-2008, 12:58 PM
more buffs for bards, they are hurting, hurting bad when it comes to differentiating them between another caster (except for songs)

pretty much useless except fro songs with a low mana pool, low hps, etc...

Taurnish
09-23-2008, 01:00 PM
I agree with some of the others who mentioned improvement of certain existing spells (such as mass freedom of movement or mass resist/protection from energy). Also, I think the sorc/wiz class needs more options regarding acid and force spells (mass repair would be nice) so we can have more diversity among casters. Clerics need more offensive spells and mass heal would be nice as well. Wish is a possibility but this spell could be far too powerful if not given a drop down menu as another poster mentioned, (say wish for a rain of hams, rest shrine, teleport to place X, entire party be fully healed, etc). This spell would have to be at a great cost though, not just financial, but something more or it would be abused severely IMO.

Specific spells that exist in PnP

Arcane:
Acid Storm
Wall of Force and Wall of Sand
Prismatic spells that have already been mentioned
Mestil's Acid Breath
Mass fire shield

Cleric:
energy drain
mass heal
ice lance
storm of vengence

Ranger: towering oak

These are just a few that come to mind. I think the diversity of arcane spells needs to definately be implemented since most casters simply pursue the fire/cold line out of necessity due to the lack of effective offensive spells in the acid/electric or force/repair lines.

NullWolf
09-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Iron Body - Wiz / Sor 8
You gain damage reduction 15/adamantine. You are immune to blindness, critical hits, ability score damage, deafness, disease, drowning, electricity, poison, stunning, and all spells or attacks that affect your physiology or respiration, because you have no physiology or respiration while this spell is in effect. You take only half damage from acid and fire of all kinds. However, you also become vulnerable to all special attacks that affect iron golems.

You gain a +6 enhancement bonus to your Strength score, but you take a -6 penalty to Dexterity as well (to a minimum Dexterity score of 1), and your speed is reduced to half normal. You have an arcane spell failure chance of 50% and a -8 armor check penalty, just as if you were clad in full plate armor. You cannot drink (and thus can’t use potions) or play wind instruments.

Your unarmed attacks deal damage equal to a club sized for you (1d4 for Small characters or 1d6 for Medium characters), and you are considered armed when making unarmed attacks.

Your weight increases by a factor of ten, causing you to sink in water like a stone. However, you could survive the crushing pressure and lack of air at the bottom of the ocean—at least until the spell duration expires.

Lullaby - Bard 0
Any creature within the area that fails a Will save becomes drowsy and inattentive, taking a -5 penalty on Listen and Spot checks and a -2 penalty on Will saves against sleep effects while the lullaby is in effect. Lullaby lasts for as long as the caster concentrates, plus up to 1 round per caster level thereafter.

Magic Vestment - Cleric 3
You imbue a suit of armor or a shield with an enhancement bonus of +1 per four caster levels (maximum +5 at 20th level).

An outfit of regular clothing counts as armor that grants no AC bonus for the purpose of this spell.

Nightmare - Bard 5, Sor/Wiz 5
You send a hideous and unsettling phantasmal vision to a specific creature that you name or otherwise specifically designate.

The nightmare prevents re****l (its interesting that r e s t f u l is filtered) sleep and causes 1d10 points of damage. The nightmare leaves the subject fatigued and unable to regain arcane spells for the next 24 hours.
I'm sure this could be adapted to DDO ;)

Vampiric Touch Sor/Wiz 3
You must succeed on a melee touch attack. Your touch deals 1d6 points of damage per two caster levels (maximum 10d6). You gain temporary hit points equal to the damage you deal. However, you can’t gain more than the subject’s current hit points +10, which is enough to kill the subject. The temporary hit points disappear 1 hour later.

In all, I wouldn't mind some more Necromancy and Illusion spells... ;)
(Would also be nice if there were a way to enhance the damage dealt by arcane negative energy attacks like Chill Touch and Vampiric Touch [if implemented])

Other good ones have already been mentioned: Magic Weapon and Greater Magic Weapon, the various Orb spells etc.. (as well as the various Mass spells...) Now... there are some non-Official spells (that are very decent and well-balanced) I wouldn't mind being added, but I'll have to find them later (after I remember the websites... :p)

Bogenbroom
09-23-2008, 02:08 PM
All of the prismatic spells
Wish/Limited wish (obviously this would be... interesting to implement)
Find Familiar
Blink
Polymorph self/Other
Shape Change
Reincarnate

Zaodon
09-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Cleric Spells

Level 1
Sanctuary: mobs save in order to attack

Level 2
Consecrate: creates temporary area (like a solid fog), undead that enter are affected while inside

Level 3
Wind Wall: mobs that pass thru have chance to be knocked down (like Air Ele knockdown)
Glyph of Warding: like a symbol, except it does holy damage

Level 4
Dimensional Anchor: devils/orthons/phase spiders cant teleport/phase

Level 5
Disrupting Weapon: makes all melee attacks by cleric=Disruption

Level 6
Greater Glyph of Warding: like a symbol, except it does more holy damage

Level 7
Repulsion: mobs save in order to attack, higher save, no SR

Level 8
Fire Storm: a better flamestrike

Level 9
Mass Heal
True Res
Storm of Vengence
Implosion: Mass Destruction

Wizard/Sorc Spells

Level 2
Mirror Image: creates # images=level (for increased realtime combat of DDO)
Ghoul Touch: makes all caster's melee attacks Paralyzing

Level 3
Explosive Runes: just like Symbol spells

Level 4
Dimensional Anchor: see cleric above
Fire Trap: like a Symbol spell
Confusion: randomly acts like fear or charm
Wall of Frost: exact same as Wall of Fire, but cold damage instead

Level 5
Nightmare: deals some amount of untyped damage
Baleful Polymorph: Transforms subject into level 1 kobold.
Telekinesis: use lever, door, floor tile, switch, or rotate a puzzle wheel 1 turn, at a distance (1 use per casting)
Transmute Rock to Mud: perma-grease. :)

Level 6
Repulsion: mobs save in order to attack, higher save, no SR (same as cleric above)

Level 7
Insanity: randomly acts like fear or charm (mass)

Level 8
Dimensional Lock: same as cleric above
Clenched Fist: does force damage over time (a Force DoT)

Level 9
Dominate Monster
Mass Hold Monster
Power Word: Kill: works on mobs with 5000 (current) hp or less
Crushing Hand: does more force damage over time (a better Force DoT)
Wail of the Banshee: Mass Finger of Death
Weird: Mass Phantasmal Killer

muffinlad
09-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Also easy to implement, but may present game balance issues:

Roc Str +6
Dex +6
etc.

I actually think this is a very good idea...and would add one kicker. Make the mass spells +6. The only time they are even used is to buff the dogs, or on occasion for the abbot, as almost everyone has +6 anyway. Improving those spells should be a priority as well.

muffin-spell-notso-well

Tygre
09-23-2008, 03:32 PM
... Wish / Miracle ... perhaps costs 1 dot of experience to cast (that's 1/5th of a level for those without the math :rolleyes:)... let's target (or self) rebuild character from level1 with diff race/alignment/stats/skills build/etc in order to change the old friends characters to the current game as the rules have changed.

Yeah, well, I said it was something to wish for :) :D

Inspire
09-23-2008, 03:38 PM
... Wish / Miracle ... perhaps costs 1 dot of experience to cast (that's 1/5th of a level for those without the math :rolleyes:)... let's target (or self) rebuild character from level1 with diff race/alignment/stats/skills build/etc in order to change the old friends characters to the current game as the rules have changed.

Yeah, well, I said it was something to wish for :) :D

Lol. That Is All... Good Idea! Muahaha

EightyFour
09-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Weird
Imprisonment
Freedom
Iron Body
Heal, Mass
Implosion
Dimensional Anchor

Fixitosis
09-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Rope.

Honestly, who outfitted themselves without rope on at least one or 2 party members in a quest?

I know, not a spell... but come on.

I know it's doable. I've played a mmorpg that had it. It worked well.

Say you had party members with good strength or dex skills... and some who just didn't.
The party needing to get up and over or across a hard to reach area? Toss them a rope (via a pop up window saying XX has tossed you a rope accept the rope y/n?) and they'll appear at your location.

Limit the length of rope or allow multiple party members to temporarily combine thier rope for farther distances.

This could aid or at least alter how the dungeons are designed.

Talk about immersion....

Okay now.... who's with me? If we can teleport, cast a firewall, whatever... surely we can be smart enough for ROPE!!

Akhad_Durn
09-23-2008, 03:47 PM
-------------------------- Let's Get Started! --------------------------

For this edition of Tell The Team, we're looking for suggestions and wish lists of spells to add to DDO! Have a favorite classic D&D spell from the Player's Handbook? A lesser known spell from another D&D source book? Now's your chance to offer suggestions for new spells for DDO! High level and low level, Core rules or other 3.5 books, feel free to offer your suggestions for a spell you'd love to see in the game!

Spells, spells... more, and fix some of the existing ones.

All of these are from the www.d20SRD.org... so look up the descriptions there.

Clerics - We're not just heal bots, though we can do that too :-P

0-Level Cleric Spells (Orisons)

Cure Minor Wounds: Cures 1 point of damage.
Guidance: +1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.
Mending: Makes minor repairs on an object.
Resistance: Subject gains +1 on saving throws.
Virtue: Subject gains 1 temporary hp.

1st-Level Cleric Spells

Detect Chaos/Evil/Good/Law: Reveals creatures, spells, or objects of selected alignment.
Detect Undead: Reveals undead within 60 ft.
Entropic Shield: Ranged attacks against you have 20% miss chance.
Hide from Undead: Undead can’t perceive one subject/level.
Magic Weapon: Weapon gains +1 bonus.

2nd-Level Cleric Spells

Align Weapon: Weapon becomes good, evil, lawful, or chaotic.
Consecrate M: Fills area with positive energy, making undead weaker.
Death Knell: Kills dying creature; you gain 1d8 temporary hp, +2 to Str, and +1 level.
Desecrate M: Fills area with negative energy, making undead stronger.
Enthrall: Captivates all within 100 ft. + 10 ft./level.
Make Whole: Repairs an object.
Shield Other F: You take half of subject’s damage.
Silence: Negates sound in 20-ft. radius.
Spiritual Weapon: Magic weapon attacks on its own.

3rd-Level Cleric Spells

Animate Dead M: Creates undead skeletons and zombies.
Deafness: Makes subject deafened.
Deeper Darkness: Object sheds supernatural shadow in 60-ft. radius.
Magic Vestment: Armor or shield gains +1 enhancement per four levels.
Meld into Stone: You and your gear merge with stone.
Remove Deafness: Cures normal or magical conditions.
Water Walk: Subject treads on water as if solid.
Wind Wall: Deflects arrows, smaller creatures, and gases.

4th-Level Cleric Spells

Air Walk: Subject treads on air as if solid (climb at 45-degree angle).
Dimensional Anchor: Bars extradimensional movement.
Magic Weapon, Greater: +1 bonus/four levels (max +5).
Planar Ally, Lesser X: Exchange services with a 6 HD extraplanar creature.
Repel Vermin: Insects, spiders, and other vermin stay 10 ft. away.
Spell Immunity: Subject is immune to one spell per four levels.

5th-Level Cleric Spells

Dispel Chaos/Evil/Good/Law: +4 bonus against attacks.
Disrupting Weapon: Melee weapon destroys undead.
Hallow M: Designates location as holy.
Insect Plague: Locust swarms attack creatures.
Plane Shift F: As many as eight subjects travel to another plane.
Righteous Might: Your size increases, and you gain combat bonuses.
Symbol of Sleep M: Triggered rune puts nearby creatures into catatonic slumber.
Unhallow M: Designates location as unholy.
Wall of Stone: Creates a stone wall that can be shaped.

6th-Level Cleric Spells

Antilife Shell: 10-ft. field hedges out living creatures.
Create Undead: Create ghouls, ghasts, mummies, or mohrgs.
Forbiddance M: Blocks planar travel, damages creatures of different alignment.
Planar Ally X: As lesser planar ally, but up to 12 HD.
Wind Walk: You and your allies turn vaporous and travel fast.
FIX - Word of Recall: Teleports you back to designated place.

7th-Level Cleric Spells

Blasphemy: Kills, paralyzes, weakens, or dazes nonevil subjects.
Control Weather: Changes weather in local area.
Dictum: Kills, paralyzes, slows, or deafens nonlawful subjects.
Ethereal Jaunt: You become ethereal for 1 round/level.
Holy Word: Kills, paralyzes, blinds, or deafens nongood subjects.
Regenerate: Subject’s severed limbs grow back, cures 4d8 damage +1/level (max +35).
Repulsion: Creatures can’t approach you.
Word of Chaos: Kills, confuses, stuns, or deafens nonchaotic subjects.

8th-Level Cleric Spells

Antimagic Field: Negates magic within 10 ft.
Cloak of Chaos F: +4 to AC, +4 resistance, and SR 25 against lawful spells.
Create Greater Undead M: Create shadows, wraiths, spectres, or devourers.
Dimensional Lock: Teleportation and interplanar travel blocked for one day/level.
Earthquake: Intense tremor shakes 80-ft.-radius.
FIX - Holy Aura F: +4 to AC, +4 resistance, and SR 25 against evil spells. - Where is the blinding of attackers on being hit by evil dudes...
Planar Ally, Greater X: As lesser planar ally, but up to 18 HD.
Shield of Law F: +4 to AC, +4 resistance, and SR 25 against chaotic spells.
Spell Immunity, Greater: As spell immunity, but up to 8th-level spells.
Symbol of Insanity M: Triggered rune renders nearby creatures insane.
Unholy Aura F: +4 to AC, +4 resistance, and SR 25 against good spells.

9th-Level Cleric Spells

Astral Projection M: Projects you and companions onto Astral Plane.
Energy Drain: Subject gains 2d4 negative levels.
Etherealness: Travel to Ethereal Plane with companions.
Gate X: Connects two planes for travel or summoning.
Heal, Mass: As heal, but with several subjects.
Implosion: Kills one creature/round.
Soul Bind F: Traps newly dead soul to prevent resurrection.
Storm of Vengeance: Storm rains acid, lightning, and hail.
Summon Monster IX: Calls extraplanar creature to fight for you.
True Resurrection M: As resurrection, plus remains aren’t needed.

Paladin Spells

1st-Level Paladin Spells

Bless Weapon: Weapon strikes true against evil foes.
Detect Undead: Reveals undead within 60 ft.
Magic Weapon: Weapon gains +1 bonus.

2nd-Level Paladin Spells

Delay Poison: Stops poison from harming subject for 1 hour/level.
Shield Other F: You take half of subject’s damage.

3rd-Level Paladin Spells

Dispel Magic: Cancels spells and magical effects.
Magic Circle against Chaos: As protection from chaos, but 10-ft. radius and 10 min./level.
Magic Weapon, Greater: +1 bonus/four levels (max +5).
Remove Deafness: Cures normal or magical conditions.

4th-Level Paladin Spells

Dispel Chaos: +4 bonus against attacks by chaotic creatures.
Dispel Evil: +4 bonus against attacks by evil creatures.
Holy Sword: Weapon becomes +5, deals +2d6 damage against evil.

Bard Spells

0-Level Bard Spells (Cantrips)

Dancing Lights: Creates torches or other lights. - Much easier to be stealthy if they aren't watching the right direction.
Ghost Sound: Figment sounds. - Much easier to be stealthy if they aren't watching the right direction.
Mending: Makes minor repairs on an object.
Resistance: Subject gains +1 on saving throws.
Summon Instrument: Summons one instrument of the caster’s choice.

1st-Level Bard Spells

Confusion, Lesser: One creature is confused for 1 round.
Hideous Laughter: Subject loses actions for 1 round/ level.
Identify M: Determines properties of magic item.

2nd-Level Bard Spells

Animal Trance: Fascinates 2d6 HD of animals.
Deafness: Makes subject deaf.
Calm Emotions: Calms creatures, negating emotion effects.
Delay Poison: Stops poison from harming subject for 1 hour/ level.
Enthrall: Captivates all within 100 ft. + 10 ft./level.
Mirror Image: Creates decoy duplicates of you (1d4 +1 per three levels, max 8).
Silence: Negates sound in 20-ft. radius.
Summon Swarm: Summons swarm of bats, rats, or spiders.

3rd-Level Bard Spells

Blink: You randomly vanish and reappear for 1 round/level.
Confusion: Subjects behave oddly for 1 round/level.
Gaseous Form: Subject becomes insubstantial and can fly slowly.
Glibness: You gain +30 bonus on Bluff checks, and your lies can escape magical discernment. - Most skill boosting spells should be in DDO.., I can already think of a couple uses for it...
Invisibility Sphere: Makes everyone within 10 ft. invisible.
Sepia Snake Sigil M: Creates text symbol that immobilizes reader. - How about making this work like the symbol spells?.

4th-Level Bard Spells

Invisibility, Greater: As invisibility, but subject can attack and stay invisible. - Not sure that this is a great idea, but it'd make more of a use for purge invis, and true seeing.
Rainbow Pattern: Lights fascinate 24 HD of creatures.
Repel Vermin: Insects, spiders, and other vermin stay 10 ft. away.

5th-Level Bard Spells

Mislead: Turns you invisible and creates illusory double.
Song of Discord: Forces targets to attack each other.

6th-Level Bard Spells

FIX!!! :mad: - Charm Monster, Mass: As charm monster, but all within 30 ft.
Eyebite: Target becomes panicked, sickened, and comatose.

Fixitosis
09-23-2008, 04:06 PM
C'mon... anyone for rope yet?

NullWolf
09-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Rope.

Honestly, who outfitted themselves without rope on at least one or 2 party members in a quest?

I know, not a spell... but come on.

I know it's doable. I've played a mmorpg that had it. It worked well.

Say you had party members with good strength or dex skills... and some who just didn't.
The party needing to get up and over or across a hard to reach area? Toss them a rope (via a pop up window saying XX has tossed you a rope accept the rope y/n?) and they'll appear at your location.

Limit the length of rope or allow multiple party members to temporarily combine thier rope for farther distances.

This could aid or at least alter how the dungeons are designed.

Talk about immersion....

Okay now.... who's with me? If we can teleport, cast a firewall, whatever... surely we can be smart enough for ROPE!!

Even Better... Rope Trick!!! (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/ropeTrick.htm) :-D

Fixitosis
09-23-2008, 04:18 PM
You would think a people would need to know about the actual rope before making a spell for it... rope trick would be a lil iffy to to get right...
maybe you could use it to attach to a difficult to climb or jump to ledge...
but the whole party climbing up the rope to a safe haven?

NullWolf
09-23-2008, 04:36 PM
You would think a people would need to know about the actual rope before making a spell for it... rope trick would be a lil iffy to to get right...
maybe you could use it to attach to a difficult to climb or jump to ledge...
but the whole party climbing up the rope to a safe haven?

Good point about the rope needing to be there first... :-p

The spell would probably need to be changed to where it could be used just for accessing ledges etc...

Tyrande
09-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Level 7 wizard/sorceror spell: Simularcum

Simulacrum
Illusion (Shadow)
Level: Sor/Wiz 7
Components: V, S, M, XP
Range: 0 ft.
Effect: One duplicate creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
Simulacrum creates an illusory duplicate of any creature. The duplicate creature is partially real and formed from ice or snow. It appears to be the same as the original, but it has only one-half of the real creature’s levels or Hit Dice (and the appropriate hit points, feats, skill ranks, and special abilities for a creature of that level or HD). You can’t create a simulacrum of a creature whose Hit Dice or levels exceed twice your caster level. You must make a Disguise check when you cast the spell to determine how good the likeness is. A creature familiar with the original might detect the ruse with a successful Spot check (opposed by the caster’s Disguise check) or a DC 20 Sense Motive check.
At all times the simulacrum remains under your absolute command. No special telepathic link exists, so command must be exercised in some other manner. A simulacrum has no ability to become more powerful. It cannot increase its level or abilities. If reduced to 0 hit points or otherwise destroyed, it reverts to snow and melts instantly into nothingness. A fully equipped magical laboratory can repair damage to a simulacrum.

Level 9 wizard/sorceror spell: Shadow Simularcum

Same as Simularcum but a level 9 spell and has the same HD and 90% HP of the creature copied but it is from the shadow plane instead of made of ice and snow.

BTW, these simularcums fight along side with you like a summon but will persist until destroyed.

Ustice
09-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Rope Trick is my favorite spell other than prestidigitation.

Monkeytoe
09-23-2008, 05:52 PM
I'd like to see some of the AD&D type caster-vs-caster spells, the antispell defenses and de-buffs. I loved magefighting in the Baldur's Gate series. I mean spells like (but not limited to):

All of the Spell Defense/Spell Turning type spells
All of the Remove Magic/Pierce Spell Defenses type spells
All of the De-Buffing/Lower Resistance type spells

Reflected Image
Mirror Image

Non-Detection
Improved Invisibility
Spell Immunity/Serten's Spell Immunity

Power Word: Silence
Protection from Magical Weapons
Protection from Normal Weapons
Earthbind (Yeah, I borrowed that from the old Magic cards, but how else are you gonna get those dang flying mages down?)

Adding these kinds of spells would help give casters something to strive for besides FoD/PK sniping and disco ball/wall of fire nuking.

I'd like to see spells like Fly and Levitate added. They could have a casting cost and maintenance cost per round, if they seem too "unbalancing," and flying over enemies might automatically draw the aggro of any mob with a ranged (or magical) attack. Spells like these and Blink might encourage players that would like to multiclass but know that the game's practical mechanics weigh against it.

Id also like to see other types of Wall of xxx spells and environmental effects type spells.

I'd like to see "Epic Level" spells added as feats or enhancements. And I hope fervently that however high the Character Level Cap may go, the Class Level Cap goes no higher than 20, and the spell level cap goes no higher than 9.

Thank you very much for asking. Despite whatever else I may write in other places I enjoy this game greatly, and I hope that one day it becomes the game every other developer is trying to beat.

Arjen
09-23-2008, 06:08 PM
For the love of god, please:

Dimensional Lock
Abjuration
Level: Clr 8, Sor/Wiz 8
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Area: 20-ft.-radius emanation centered on a point in space
Duration: One day/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes

You create a shimmering emerald barrier that completely blocks extradimensional travel. Forms of movement barred include astral projection, blink, dimension door, ethereal jaunt, etherealness, gate, maze, plane shift, shadow walk, teleport, and similar spell-like or psionic abilities. Once dimensional lock is in place, extradimensional travel into or out of the area is not possible.

A dimensional lock does not interfere with the movement of creatures already in ethereal or astral form when the spell is cast, nor does it block extradimensional perception or attack forms. Also, the spell does not prevent summoned creatures from disappearing at the end of a summoning spell.

dragonruler
09-23-2008, 08:28 PM
elemental body
false gravity
energy immunity
stormrage
fly
antimagic field
ghostform
sphere of ultimate destruction
dragon ally(lesser-greater)
synostodweomer

Monkeytoe
09-23-2008, 08:30 PM
For the love of god, please:

Dimensional Lock

/signed

ThrasherGT
09-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Blast from the past!

Any 2E Clerics remember "Spiritual Hammer"?

It was a 2nd or 3rd lvl cleric spell that conjured a floating hammer that would attack any foe the cleric concentrated on..........

Anyway, just a thought (I used to really like that spell for some reason)

sirgog
09-24-2008, 06:06 AM
Definitely agree on Dimensional Lock/Anchor.

Lorien_the_First_One
09-24-2008, 06:27 AM
How about Mirror Image

Gathor_Stormforge
09-24-2008, 06:32 AM
Not a spell, but a feat that would basically give new spells:

Energy Substitution!

BurningDownTheHouse
09-24-2008, 06:38 AM

Energy Substitution!

Lol, do you have any idea what a ^%&$# that woud be to implement?

sirgog
09-24-2008, 06:39 AM

Energy Substitution!

Agreed on this one. (And also Admixture).

I also second the idea of mass buff spells for things like Resist Energy and Stoneskin. Mass Deathward was nice, these would be even better.

Mistinarperadnacles
09-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Thinking more in terms of game benefit rather than exact adherence to PnP (I know... several forum members have just put out a contract on me)

Resist Energy Mass - casts Resist Energy (select type) on multiple targets (maybe Protect too)
Heal Mass - I feel we're gonna need it...
Energy Shield - casts Resist Energy (all types) single target (maybe Protect too)
Tasha's Uncontrollable Hideous Laughter - because its funny.
Shatter - Ranged spell version of Destruction
Spider Climb - simply awesome - I wanna scuttle!
Vampiric Touch - My necromancer needs love.
Spell Turning - ping those spells back at those pesky casters.
Weird - PK Mass? yes please.
Energy Drain - enervation plus
Meteor Swarm - Without some girly reduction like Symbol of Death got.

health001
09-24-2008, 08:06 AM
wild fire,but then again u need a wild mage:) always fun to travel with a mage that 50% chance he screws stuff up or 50% he does wild stuff with his spells !

Artagon
09-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Stone Shape! I love that cleric spell.. would probably have to have a drop down of different options though.. like.. earthgrab, spikes, bridge, ladder, wall, door, etc :P

Mordenkainens flying sword..

Greater Invisibility - oooh.. open doors and stay invisible during attacks? yay!

Enlarge Person and Enlarge Person, Mass - oh, please, oh, please, oh, please :P

Black Tentacles - kinda like a higher lvl web

I'd like to see metamagic properly applied to Fireshield and Fire Trap..

Iron Skin - upper level stoneskin with slight speed drop, kinda like mountain stance.. so easy to code, perhaps?

Force Cage - another nice control spell.

Water Walk - heh.. for that stupid ankle deep water that just slows ya down..

Shield other - for pallies to cast on squishies :P

Undetectable Alignment - if it would allow you to bypass alignment based UMD checks :P

hmm.. will add more if I think of them

talyor
09-24-2008, 09:42 AM
I would love to see in addition to to some of these new spells the ability to create SPELL SETS much like weapon sets but to be able to create a group of buffing spells so casters of any class dont have to waste so much hotbar space and be able to more effectively buff a party without having to select each and every spell fo all party members.

barecm
09-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Rangers:

Lvl 1:
Exacting shot

Lvl 2:
Blades of fire
Wind wall
Haste (self only for rangers)

Lvl 3:
Blade Storm
Inspired Aim

Lvl 4:
Arrow Storm
Bane bow

I saw a couple others listed, but I think these are easily implemented. Well, maybe wind wall would be the toughest but could act like temporary greater spear block or something. It would be nice if rangers actually had a use for a decent wisdom and spell points.

Fixitosis
09-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Why not rope? Then rope trick.... I can't believe the PnP crowd isn't hopping on the rope!

Ustice
09-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Why not rope? Then rope trick.... I can't believe the PnP crowd isn't hopping on the rope!

Man, as I said, it is my favorite spell (other than maybe prestidigitation). If I really thought that it could be implemented properly, I'd be yelling it every day. We'd all have to drop our packs though since no portable holes or bags of holding are allowed... ;)

Alcides
09-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Aligned Aura
Level: Cleric 4, Paladin 4
Target: Self
Duration: 6 seconds/level
Source: Complete Champion (p116)
Description:

The target of this spell chooses a non-neutral aspect of their alignment(Chaos, Evil, Good, Law). Creatures within a 20 foot radius of the target that have same alignment aspect gain a bonus; creatures within a 20 foot radius of the target that have an opposite alignment aspect gain a penalty as follows.

Chaos: +1 Attack Bonus; -1 Save Penalty
Evil: +1 Damage Roll Bonus; -1 AC Penalty
Good: +1 Save Bonus; -1 Attack Penalty
Law: +1 AC Bonus; -1 Damage Roll Penalty

Aura of Cold, Lesser
Level: Cleric 3, Druid 3, Paladin 4, Ranger 4
Source: Frostburn (p88)
Description:

All Opponents within a 5 foot radius of the target take d6 cold damage each round.

Axiomatic Storm
Level: Cleric 3, Paladin 3
Saving Throw: none
Source: Spell Compendium (p22)
Description:

A driving rain falls around the paladin. All creatures within a 20 foot radius of the paladin suffer a -4 penalty to Spot, Listen, and Search checks; a -4 penalty to ranged attacks going through the area of the spell; Chaotic creatures take 2d6 damage per round(Chaotic outsiders take double damage). Each round a single chaotic outsider within a 20 foot radius of the paladin is struck by a 5d6 gout of acid.

Benediction
Level: Cleric 2, Paladin 2
Target: Self, Ally
Duration: 10 minutes/level
Description:

The target of the spell gains a +2 luck bonus to saves. Before the duration of the spell expires the target can choose to reroll a single attack roll or saving throw keeping the second result. Using the reroll option ends this spell.

Blessed Aim
Level: Cleric 1, Paladin 1
Duration: 1 minute/level
Source: Spell Compendium (p31)
Description:

The paladin and all allies within a 30 foot radius of the paladin gain a +2 morale bonus on ranged attack rolls.

Blessing of the Righteous
Source: Player's Handbook 2 (p104)
Description:

The target of this spell and all allies within 40 feet of the target gain an extra d6 holy damage with melee and ranged attacks. These attack are also good aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Conduit of Life
Source: Complete Champion (p118)
Description:

The target of this spell heals 2d10 hps plus 1 hp per caster level when subject to a healing effect. This spell expires once it has healed once.

Convert Wand
Level: Cleric 5
Target: Single Wand
Duration: 1 Minute/level
Source: Champion's of Valor (p53)
Description:

For the duration of this spell, the wand casts cure spells instead of it's normal when it is used. All charges expended in this manner are subtracted from the wands remaining charges as normal. The spell level of the wand determines what type of cure spell will be cast.
Spell Level New Wand Type
1. Wand of Cure Light Wounds
2. Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds
3. Wand of Cure Serious Wounds
4. Wand of Cure Critical Wounds

Conviction
Level: Cleric 1
Source: Spell Compendium (p52)
Description:

The target of this spell gains a +2 morale bonus to saving throws plus 1 per every 6 caster levels to a maximum of a +5 bonus at level 18.

Conviction, Mass
Level: Cleric 3
Target: Self, ally
Source: Spell Compendium(p52)
Description:

The target of this spell and all allies within a 20 foot radius of the target gain the effects of the Conviction Spell.

Deific Bastion
Target: Shield or Heavy Armor
Source: Complete Champion (p119)
Description:

The target armor or shield gains and enhancement bonus to AC equal to 1 plus 1 per 3 caster levels above 6. In addition, the armor or shield gains a special ability depending upon the caster's deity.

Denounce
Target: Nongood Outsider Opponent
Source: Fiendish Codex 2: Tyrant's of the Nine Hells (p100)
Save: Will(negates)
Description:

The target of this spell must successfully make a will save or take a -4 insight penalty to attack rolls, saves, and checks. The target of this spell may spend a full round action to gain another saving throw to negate this spell.

Diamondsteel
Level: Paladin 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 3
Target: Suit of Armor
Source: Spell Compendium (p64)

The suit of Armor grants damage reduction X/adamantine where X is half the armor bonus granted by the armor.

Divine Presence
Level: Cleric 2, Druid 2, Paladin 2
Description:

The target of this spell gains a bonus to intimidate checks dependant on alignment. If the target is good or neutral this bonus is a sacred bonus; otherwise, it is a profane bonus. The bonus is +5 if the target uses the inimidate skill on an opponent that does not have the same deity as the target. The bonus is +10 if the opponent has one opposing alignment Component as the target. The bonus is +15 if the opponent's alignment is the exact opposite of the target's alignment.

Draconic Might
Level: Paladin 4, Sorcerer/Wizard 5
Source: Spell Compendium (p72)
Description:

The target of this spell gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength, Dexterity and Charisma; a +4 natural armor bonus to AC; and immunity to sleep and paralysis effects. Sorcerers treat their caster level as 1 level higher for purposes of casting this spell.

Energized Shield, Lesser
Level: Cleric 2, Paladin 1
Target: Shield
Source: Spell Compendium (p79)
Description:

When casting this spell choose an energy type, the target of this spell grants an extra d6 damage of the chosen elemental type when used to attack and grants Energy Resistance 5 for the chosen energy type.

Energized Shield
Level: Cleric 3, Paladin 2
Description:

When casting this spell choose an energy type, the target of this spell grants an extra 2d6 damage of the chosen elemental type when used to attack and grants Energy Resistance 10 for the chosen energy type.

Faith Healing
Level: Paladin 1
Duration: Permanent
Source: Spell Compendium (p87)
Description:

The target of this spell gains 8 hps plus 1 hp per caster level. This spell has no effect if the target does not have the same deity as the caster.

Favor of the Martyr
Level: Paladin 4
Source: Spell Compendium (p89)
Description:

The target of this spell gains immunity to nonlethal damage. In addition the target of also suppresses the following effects: charm, compulsion, pain, daze, exhaustion, fatigue, nausea, sickness, staggered or stunned. The target remains conscious while above -10 hps, and does not lose hit points for acting. If the target has any of the effects that this spell suppresses at the end of this spell then the target is still subject to those effects.

Fell the Greatest Foe
Level: Cleric 3, Paladin 2, Ranger 2
Source: Spell Compendium (p90)
Description:

The target of this spell deals an extra d6 damage for every size category larger the target's opponent is than the target on a successful melee attack.

Flame of Faith
Target: Nonmagical weapon
Source: Spell Compendium (p95)
Description:

For the duration of the spell, the target of this spell acts as a +1 flaming burst weapon.

Freedom of Breath
Level: Cleric 2, Druid 2, Paladin 2, Ranger 2
Duration: 10 Minutes/level
Source: Sandstorm (p116)
Description:

For the duration of the spell, the target does not have to make constitution checks to avoid suffocation as long as there is a miniscule amount of air to breath. The target is immune to nausea and gains a +2 bonus to saves and constitution checks to resist poisonous vapors.

Hand of Divinity
Source: Spell Compendium (p 109)
Description:

The target of this spell gains a +2 Sacred bonus to saving throws if they are of good alignment or a +2 Profane bonus to saving throws if they are of evil alignment.

Hand of the Faithful
Level: Cleric 4, Paladin 3
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: Fortitude Negates.
Description:

You create a 10' sphere in space that enemies cannot enter. If an enemy enters the space it must make a fortitude save each round or be stunned for 1 round.

Healing Spirit
Level: Bard 4, Cleric 4, Druid 4, Paladin 3
Target: Any
Duration: 3 Seconds/level
Save: Will half(harmless)
Source: Player's Handbook 2 (p114)
Description:

This spell conjures a 1ft sphere of light(fly 30 feet). Once per round, the healing sphere can move and heal a creature for d8 hps or damage an undead creature for d8 hps.

Holy Fire Shield
Level: Bard 4, Druid 4, Cleric 4, Paladin 4, Ranger 4, Sorcerer 4, Wizard 4
Source: Champion's of Valor (p55)
Description:

This spell is the same as the Fire/Cold Shield spell except that half the damage is holy damage like the Flame Strike spell. The caster takes 1d3 Strength damage when this spell is cast.

Holy Storm
Source: Spell Compendium (p115)
Description:

A driving rain falls around the paladin. All creatures within a 20 foot radius of the paladin suffer a -4 penalty to Spot, Listen, and Search checks; a -4 penalty to ranged attacks going through the area of the spell; Evil creatures take 2d6 damage per round(Evil outsiders take double damage).

Meteoric Strike
Level: Cleric 5, Druid 4, Paladin 4
Target: Opponent
Duration: 1 round or until discharged.
Source: Player's Handbook 2 (p120)
Save: None or Reflex(half)
Description:

Your next successful melee attack deals and extra d6 fire damage + 1d6 point per four caster levels to the target. The flames do equal damage to all opponents within a five foot radius of the target Reflex(half).

Resist Energy, Mass
Level: Cleric 3, Druid 3, Sorcerer 4, Wizard 4
Target: 1 Creature/level within a 15 ft radius of the primary target.
Source: Spell Compendium (p174)

This functions like the Resist Energy Spell(Player's Handbook p272), except that it affects all targeted creatures.

Righteous Aura
Source: Spell Compendium (p177)
Save: Reflex, half.
Description:

The paladin gains a +4 Sacred bonus to Charisma. If the paladin is killed while still under the effect of this spell the paladin's body detonates dealing 2d6 per caster level(maximum 20d6) to all evil creatures within a 20 foot radius of the paladin. Any good creatures within the blast radius are healed for the same amount that evil creatures would be harmed. The paladin cannot be brought back to life with a Raise Dead spell since the paladin's body is destroyed on detonation.

Righteous Fury
Level: Paladin 3
Description:

The target of this spell gains a +4 Sacred Bonus to Strength and +5 temporary hit points per caster level (maximum 50).

Righteous Wrath of the Faithful
Target: Self, Allies within a 30' radius of the Caster.
Description:

All targets of this spell gain one additional melee attack per round. This bonus attack is not cumulative with effects that grant extra attacks, like the haste spell. They also gain a +3 morale bonus to melee attack rolls and damage rolls.

Sacred Haven
Source: Spell Compendium (p178)
Description:

The target of this spell and all allies within a 30' radius of the target gain a +2 Sacred Bonus to AC.

Seed of Life
Level: Cleric 4, Druid 5, Paladin 4
Duration: 60 seconds + 6 seconds / level
Source: Complete Champion (p127)
Description:

The target of this spell gains fast healing 2. If the target wishes to end the spell prematurely, the target gains 1d4 hps per 12 seconds remaining in the spells duration.

Shield of Warding
Source: Spell Compendium (p188)
Description:

While wearing a shield the recipient of this spell gains a +1 sacred bonus to AC and reflex saves plus 1 per every 5 caster levels to a maximum of a +5 bonus at level 20.

Silverbeard
Source: Spell Compendium (p190)
Description:

The target gains a +2 Sacred bonus to AC and a +2 Circumstance bonus on Diplomacy checks against dwarves.

Silvered Weapon
Level: Paladin 1, Ranger 2
Target: Weapon
Source: Book of Exalted Deeds (p88)
Description:

Weapon is silver instead of it's normal material for the duration of the spell.

Soul of Light
Duration: 1 hour
Source: Dragon Magic (p73)
Description:

Whenever the target of Soul of Light gains hps from a conjuration (healing) spell, that target heals an extra 2 hps per level of the conjuration (healing) spell.

Turn Anathema
Duration: 10 minutes / level
Source: Complete Champion (p129)
Description:

Choose an alignment Component that does not oppose any of the target's alignment components. Opponents with the opposite alignment component as the one you choose can now be affected by your turn undead attempts as though those opponents are undead.

Undead Bane Weapon
Target: 1 Weapon or 50 ammunition
Source: Spell Compendium (p226)
Description:

The target of this spell gains the Undead Bane special ability in addition to any other properties it has.

Weapon of the Deity
Target: Weapon that is the favored weapon of the caster's deity.
Source: Spell Compendium (p237)
Description:

The target of the spell gains a +1 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls as well as an additional +1 bonus per 3 caster levels to a maximum of a +5 bonus at level 18. In addition, the weapon gains a special ability depending on the deity of the caster.

Rouge
09-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Prismatic Spray
Prismatic Wall
Prismatic Sphere
Wail of the Banshee
Limited Wish
Wish
Miracle
Mass Heal
Precognition
Contingency

FIX Circle of Death and Circle of Undeath..... they should effect up to double the caster's Hit Dice, with a max HD of the caster level.

Wish & Limited Wish would be easy to impliment. The most common use is to duplicate the effect of a spell that already exists.... if I remember correctly, not on your spell list, and not normally castable by your class was 2 levels lower than the wish type magic.

Would let Limited Wish cast things like Freedom of Movement, Death Ward, Raise Dead etc. Would also be an option to summon a Djinn, much like the cake one and there would be a list of things you can choose from depending on which version of the spell you'd use.

Miracle would allow 7th level and lower arcane spells, like Stone to Flesh, Haste, etc

Limited Wish would require a Flawed Syberys Dragonshard as a component, while Wish and Miracle would require an Imperfect Syberys Dragonshard. Now we'd have a reason to collect the darn things.

ShadowBlade
09-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Mind blank
Dimensional anchor
Wall of lightning (not sure if it exists - I wanna build a lightning mage, and I need an AOE persistant spell!)

bnrilfun
09-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Wall of Force, creates a temporary barrier the size of a firewall, could be used to temporarily manage crowd control block doorways. Since it lasts as long as firewalls it should not create situations to unmanageable.

Mirror Image, creates X amount based on level of mirror images that mimic what the caster is doing. Basically its a false image that has a high Intimidate/aggro factor. Once its hit it disappears and the casters aggro can go up as a consequence.

Allow Spell buffers to cast Death ward for 30 minutes in House J

Lullaby for bards

Detect Secret Doors for Bards

Animal Trance for bards

Tiny Hut that bards can use to summon a rest shrine that restores 5% of total health and mana per level

Zone of Silence that blocks spellcasting for all sides

alchilito
09-24-2008, 09:52 PM
fix the god **** abbot make it pug friendly

Ratheus
09-25-2008, 12:16 PM
I am unsure if I saw it, but there is a Ranger spell that removes the Attack of Opportunity that someone gets in the PnP game when shooting a bow from a threaten square.

I believe it is called "ArrowMind".

Why not add this spell and make the necessary DDO adjustment.

Since you can attack someone in front of you but you AC is lowered by -4, have the spell reduce or remove the AC penalty instead.

Or ( I know this is a spell thread) make it an enhancement tied to Ranged Ranger Enhancements.

Regards,
Ratheus Redarrow
Ranger, 13th circle of experience.

Fixitosis
09-25-2008, 02:07 PM
No more rope/rope trick cheerleaders.... yet! ;)

Shagn
09-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Aura of Cold, Lesser
Level: Cleric 3, Druid 3, Paladin 4, Ranger 4
Source: Frostburn (p88)
Description:

All Opponents within a 5 foot radius of the target take d6 cold damage each round.

A great way for paladins to take aggro! 6 seconds/level is a bit short though

Benediction
Description:

The target of the spell gains a +2 luck bonus to saves. Before the duration of the spell expires the target can choose to reroll a single attack roll or saving throw keeping the second result. Using the reroll option ends this spell.

A great buff a paladin can give for usefulness - basically it would be a non-dispellable buff for the target. If the target rolls a "1" on a save, they get to roll again. :cool:

Blessing of the Righteous
Source: Player's Handbook 2 (p104)
Description:

The target of this spell and all allies within 40 feet of the target gain an extra d6 holy damage with melee and ranged attacks. These attack are also good aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Conviction
Level: Cleric 1
Source: Spell Compendium (p52)
Description:

The target of this spell gains a +2 morale bonus to saving throws plus 1 per every 6 caster levels to a maximum of a +5 bonus at level 18.

Conviction, Mass
Level: Cleric 3
Target: Self, ally
Source: Spell Compendium(p52)
Description:

The target of this spell and all allies within a 20 foot radius of the target gain the effects of the Conviction Spell.

Deific Bastion
Target: Shield or Heavy Armor
Description:

The target armor or shield gains and enhancement bonus to AC equal to 1 plus 1 per 3 caster levels above 6. In addition, the armor or shield gains a special ability depending upon the caster's deity.

This might actually bring back Sword and Board ac in line with TWF dex players!

Denounce
Target: Nongood Outsider Opponent
Source: Fiendish Codex 2: Tyrant's of the Nine Hells (p100)
Save: Will(negates)
Description:

The target of this spell must successfully make a will save or take a -4 insight penalty to attack rolls, saves, and checks. The target of this spell may spend a full round action to gain another saving throw to negate this spell.

Diamondsteel
Level: Paladin 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 3
Target: Suit of Armor
Source: Spell Compendium (p64)

The suit of Armor grants damage reduction X/adamantine where X is half the armor bonus granted by the armor.

Woo! You mean there is a spell that may help paladins in their survival?! nice! gimme gimme!

Divine Presence
Level: Cleric 2, Druid 2, Paladin 2
Description:

The target of this spell gains a bonus to intimidate checks dependant on alignment. If the target is good or neutral this bonus is a sacred bonus; otherwise, it is a profane bonus. The bonus is +5 if the target uses the inimidate skill on an opponent that does not have the same deity as the target. The bonus is +10 if the opponent has one opposing alignment Component as the target. The bonus is +15 if the opponent's alignment is the exact opposite of the target's alignment.

Now that intimidate is useful, this can actually come in handy

Draconic Might
Level: Paladin 4, Sorcerer/Wizard 5
Source: Spell Compendium (p72)
Description:

The target of this spell gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength, Dexterity and Charisma; a +4 natural armor bonus to AC; and immunity to sleep and paralysis effects. Sorcerers treat their caster level as 1 level higher for purposes of casting this spell.

+4 natural ac bonus for paladins? nice! they need help on ac when a ranger isn't in the group

Energized Shield
Description:

When casting this spell choose an energy type, the target of this spell grants an extra 2d6 damage of the chosen elemental type when used to attack and grants Energy Resistance 10 for the chosen energy type.

nice boost to paladin dps. i'm hoping it's not just for shield bashing...

Favor of the Martyr
Source: Spell Compendium (p89)
Description:

The target of this spell gains immunity to nonlethal damage. In addition the target of also suppresses the following effects: charm, compulsion, pain, daze, exhaustion, fatigue, nausea, sickness, staggered or stunned. The target remains conscious while above -10 hps, and does not lose hit points for acting. If the target has any of the effects that this spell suppresses at the end of this spell then the target is still subject to those effects.

Fell the Greatest Foe
Level: Cleric 3, Paladin 2, Ranger 2
Source: Spell Compendium (p90)
Description:

The target of this spell deals an extra d6 damage for every size category larger the target's opponent is than the target on a successful melee attack.

halflings rejoice! no more giants squashing you like a bug...

Hand of the Faithful
Saving Throw: Fortitude Negates.
Description:

You create a 10' sphere in space that enemies cannot enter. If an enemy enters the space it must make a fortitude save each round or be stunned for 1 round.

crowd control for paladins? sign me up! this would be nice considering the nerf to holy smite a while back :(

Holy Storm
Source: Spell Compendium (p115)
Description:

A driving rain falls around the paladin. All creatures within a 20 foot radius of the paladin suffer a -4 penalty to Spot, Listen, and Search checks; a -4 penalty to ranged attacks going through the area of the spell; Evil creatures take 2d6 damage per round(Evil outsiders take double damage).

Resist Energy, Mass
Level: Cleric 3, Druid 3, Sorcerer 4, Wizard 4
Target: 1 Creature/level within a 15 ft radius of the primary target.
Source: Spell Compendium (p174)

This functions like the Resist Energy Spell(Player's Handbook p272), except that it affects all targeted creatures.

Don't have to spend 5 minutes of spamming 12 people with resists and protections? why was this not ever implemented?? this would greatly increase a buffer's play experience

Righteous Aura
Save: Reflex, half.
Description:

The paladin gains a +4 Sacred bonus to Charisma. If the paladin is killed while still under the effect of this spell the paladin's body detonates dealing 2d6 per caster level(maximum 20d6) to all evil creatures within a 20 foot radius of the paladin. Any good creatures within the blast radius are healed for the same amount that evil creatures would be harmed. The paladin cannot be brought back to life with a Raise Dead spell since the paladin's body is destroyed on detonation.

This would be nice, but the damage on explosion is weak given DDO's monster hitpoints. If it were bumped up 10x, then it would be sweet. Of course the group would need to know to cast resurrection instead of raise dead. ;)

Righteous Fury
Level: Paladin 3
Description:

The target of this spell gains a +4 Sacred Bonus to Strength and +5 temporary hit points per caster level (maximum 50).

I hear this one is already on the way! woot!

Righteous Wrath of the Faithful
Target: Self, Allies within a 30' radius of the Caster.
Description:

All targets of this spell gain one additional melee attack per round. This bonus attack is not cumulative with effects that grant extra attacks, like the haste spell. They also gain a +3 morale bonus to melee attack rolls and damage rolls.

Sacred Haven
Source: Spell Compendium (p178)
Description:

The target of this spell and all allies within a 30' radius of the target gain a +2 Sacred Bonus to AC.

once again, helping paladin's aura with ac bonus... yay!

Shield of Warding
Source: Spell Compendium (p188)
Description:

While wearing a shield the recipient of this spell gains a +1 sacred bonus to AC and reflex saves plus 1 per every 5 caster levels to a maximum of a +5 bonus at level 20.

ac bonus for paladins... yay!

Silverbeard
Source: Spell Compendium (p190)
Description:

The target gains a +2 Sacred bonus to AC and a +2 Circumstance bonus on Diplomacy checks against dwarves.

Silvered Weapon
Level: Paladin 1, Ranger 2
Target: Weapon
Source: Book of Exalted Deeds (p88)
Description:

Weapon is silver instead of it's normal material for the duration of the spell.

Undead Bane Weapon
Target: 1 Weapon or 50 ammunition
Source: Spell Compendium (p226)
Description:

The target of this spell gains the Undead Bane special ability in addition to any other properties it has.

Weapon of the Deity
Target: Weapon that is the favored weapon of the caster's deity.
Source: Spell Compendium (p237)
Description:

The target of the spell gains a +1 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls as well as an additional +1 bonus per 3 caster levels to a maximum of a +5 bonus at level 18. In addition, the weapon gains a special ability depending on the deity of the caster.

nice post Alcides. my comments in red for the developers

Mindspat
09-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Polymorph Other: Maybe have 3-5 otions, or less, to morph a target into: Chicken, Goat, Frog, Duck...etc

I_Bob
09-25-2008, 05:25 PM
1 level - Entropic Shield, Sanctuary ( useful to keep instance open when everyone else dead)
2 level - Consecrate, Death Knell, Make Whole, Spiritual Weapon
3 level - Daylight (counter annoying Kobold MU's), Magic Vestment, Water Walk
4 level - Greater Magic Weapon
5 level - Circle of Doom, Insect Plague, Wall of Stone
6 level - Antilife Shell, Find The Path, Greater Dispelling, (a useful) Word of Recall
7 level - Blasphemy, Holy Word, Repulsion
8 level - Earthquake, Greater Planar Ally, Mass Heal
9 level - Astral Projection, Energy Drain, Gate, Implosion, Miracle, Soul Bind, Storm of Vengeance, Summon Monster IX, True Resurrection

Domains would be awesome

Finegan
09-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Mirror image (doesn't have to be a perfect graphical effect)
Keen Edge
True Strike
Color Spray
Enlarge Person
Alter Self
Vampiric Touch
Blink
Dimension Anchor
Black Tentacles
Arcane Eye

Here here! Loved Arcane Eye in PnP.
Also: Mage Hand

p4ck37r47
09-25-2008, 07:50 PM
I would like to see spell point and hitpoint regeneration while not in combat so that caster and clr's and have the ability to cast spells when the party approaches a mob rather sometimes they are just waiting for a shrine or using ranged weapons ( like bows and returning throwing weapons) and they can do alot more dps if theey had more sp's. Wizard's doesn't have enough sp's for casting after they cast there highest level spells and they have to wait for a shrine and the same are for clr's. Most cases there's only 1 shrine in the dungeon which is in the middle and they have to some how use wands to either cast healing spells for clr's and dmg spells for wizards i think that alot of players has had to spend over 10,000 plat for wands to cover what sp's doesn't.

JakLee7
09-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Ok so I have heard some phenomenal ideas and I would like to put in my 2 cp in regards to some others

Prismatic series - need to be in the game, they are rocking spells period
Wall of Stone, Iron, Ice, Force - again, you need these guys, they also are classics
Acid Breath - don't think anyone said this one, but more acid spells are good
Pool of Acid - think puddle of acid that does damage while you stand in it & follows you out!
Electrical Storm - the electric mage's AOE
Summons - we need to have multiple choices per level - this would be a good one to modify slightly so that you can have 3-4 choices per level, maybe a ranged attacker, melee attack, stat damager (like poison at low levels, wraiths at higher levels, ect)
Bigby's series - another staple that should be in the game
Mass buffs are always helpful
Silence - the magic users killer - WHY IS THIS NOT IN THE GAME YET?
Polymorph could be fun, but polymorph self wouldn't work well without a DM I think - but I might be wrong
I would like to see more elemental spells so that you could see a decent lightning, acid, fire, or ice mage and not just focus on the easy fire. Not saying every type need exactly the same spells, but they need to have things that are usefull and GOOD.
Levitate I think may be usefull & a spell like rope trick could be modified to be usefull I think
I would like to see some more Chaotic & Axiomatic spells for clerics & Paly's too.

On a side note, weather you take our advice on what is used or not - thx for asking, it really brought alot of the peeps out the woodworks and there were TONS of really good ideas

Aesop
09-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Baleful Polymorph- who wouldn't want to turn an Orthon into a kitten
Levitate- walk over the lava instead of through it
The Orb Series (acid, cold, electricity, fire, force, sound)
Mass Resist Energy
Energy Immunity

Tin_Dragon
09-25-2008, 10:57 PM
Improved invisibility (allow attacks while invis)

Ethereal Jaunt.

FLY

Wind Wall (knocks down arrows)

Missing_Minds
09-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Wind Wall (knocks down arrows)

And bats!!!

Dragonhyde
09-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Bone fiddle might be nice for bards

I would like to see a few more BARD only spells spread out across all 6 levels. It would be nice to have a few more choices that like good hope only we can cast. We have reached our max casting level so just give us some spells that are geared towards our class.:)

flamberg
09-27-2008, 01:13 AM
Come on give us fly, and a rope let us use tactics.

Elrok
09-27-2008, 06:14 AM
Holy Aura is broken, please fix. Does not have chance to blind attackers, and does not affect others in your party like the description says it will.

Other spells of the same level are broken too.. the flame storm or whatever does not work either.. symbol of death.. come on what has that few hit points?

Devs, I'm bagging on these certain cleric spells, but overall this is an awesome game.. just some suggestions for improvement.

Also how about a sacntuary spell.. as long as the cleric is not attacking, this spell gives a much higher chance the cleric will not get aggro. Like automatic diplomacy that is triggered every 20 seconds for the duration of the spell , or until cleric takes an agressive action.

Tythian
09-27-2008, 03:44 PM
I'd like to see mass resist energy

Joseph
09-27-2008, 04:03 PM
Of all the spells in the game, I always thought Reincarnation was one of the best (and least used).

Maybe it is being saved for Druids (I don't know) - and obviously it would be somewhat situational - but you could set it so the spell duration lasted until the player requested a heal from the tavern cleric or logged off.

That would throw MANY of us a fun bone (imagine all of the wild dogs running around Stormreach). If it was limited to or restricted to simple creatures, there would be no game breaking components (no one would become an Orthon).

Obviously there are many other things people could do with their characters - even the Druid transformation types could be 'pre' tested by allowing reincarnation (or Polymorph).

The other spell is Summon Familiar (spell / ability).

This one is SO simple to implement. Give the players a familiar that becomes permanently bound to their trinket slot until it is killed (or dispelled). Have a dispelled familiar impose some sort of long term death penalty (10 min per level of the spell / familiar or so), and a killed familiar an even more severe penalty (20 min per level) so as to prevent abuse of the Voice of the Master and other trinket items.

After all, one does not just 'swap out' their spouse, children, or favorite pet (not comparing children or spouses to favorite pets - but if the shoe fits...).

:)

adamr09
09-27-2008, 06:24 PM
dont think its a PnP spell but Summon a Dragon or Pit fiend would be pretty sweet :D

Fixitosis
09-28-2008, 07:53 AM
....the ROPE/ROPE TRICK line.
It's an early spell (lvl.2) and can be useful for all levels in many areas.

Claver
09-28-2008, 11:49 AM
ARCANE

(1st) Color Spray(PH3.5 p210) – Knocks unconscious,
blinds, or stuns weak creatures.

(2nd) Tasha’s Hideous Laughter(PH3.5 p292) – Subject
loses actions for 1 round per level.

(2nd) Death Armor(MoF p87) – Black aura does 1d4 + 1
per 2 levels (max +5) damage to creatures
attacking you.

(2nd) Shroud of Undeath(MoF p117) – Negative energy
shroud makes undead perceive you as undead.

(3rd) Sepia Snake Sigil(PH3.5 p276) – Creates text symbol
that immobilizes reader.

(3rd) Mage Armor, Improved(UE p51) – Gives subject an
armor bonus of +3 + 1 per 2 levels (max +8).

(3rd) Vampiric Touch(PH3.5 p298) – Touch deals 1d6 per 2
caster levels; caster gains damage as hit points.

(4TH) Evard’s Black Tentacles(PH3.5 p228) – Tentacles
grapple all within a 15’ spread.

(4th) Otiluke’s Resilient Sphere(PH3.5 p258) – Force globe
protects but traps one subject.

(5th) Stone Sphere(Und p62) – A 5’ diameter stone sphere
rolls over your enemies.

(6th) Fires of Purity(CDiv p165) – Target bursts into
magical flame, becoming a dangerous weapon.

(7th) Spell Turning(PH3.5 p282)(PH3.5e)+ – Reflects 1d4+6
spell levels back at caster.

(8th) Iron Body(PH3.5 p245) – You body becomes living
iron.

(9th) Imprisonment(PH3.5 p244) – Entombs subject beneath
the earth.

(9th) Sphere of Ultimate Destruction(UE p52) – Creates a
floating black sphere that disintegrates anything
it touches.

(9th) Bigby’s Crushing Hand(PH3.5 p203) – Large hand
provides cover, pushes, or crushes your foes.

DRUID SPELLS (just in case)

(1st) Entangle(PH3.5 p227) – Plants entangle everyone in a
40’ radius.

(2nd) Heat Metal(PH3.5 p239) – Makes metal so hot it
damages those who touch it.

(3rd) Infestation of Maggots(CDiv p166)(MoF p102) –
Maggot-like creatures deal 1d4 Constitution
damage every round.

(4th) Blinding Beauty(BoED p92) – You become as
beautiful as a nymph, and can blind humanoids
who look at you.

(5th) Baleful Polymorph(PH3.5 p202) – Transforms subject
into a harmless animal.

(5th) Insect Plague(PH3.5 p244) – Locust swarms attack
creatures.

(6th) Stonehold(MoF p124) – Stony arm trap grapples and
damages creatures.

(7th) Creeping Doom(PH3.5 p214) – Swarms of centipedes
attack at your command.

(8th) Awaken, Mass(CDiv p151) – As Awaken, but multiple
creatures.

(9th) Tsunami(DR314 p47) – Creates a wave of water on
dry land or at sea which knocks down anyone in
its path.

Lymnus
09-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Curse of the Putrid Husk, from BoVD. Best level 3 spell ever.

Okay. Never going to happen, seeing it's from BoVD. But, I can dream.

Ghoste
09-29-2008, 07:01 PM
A useful version of shadow walk.
Greater invisibility.

Ghoste
09-29-2008, 07:20 PM
dont think its a PnP spell but Summon a Dragon or Pit fiend would be pretty sweet :D
You mean gate?

Drfirewater79
09-29-2008, 07:30 PM
I know I know it doesnt exist but they do have the tiny hut which lets you rest in safe quarters and allows a number of people so I would say Evards portable shrine would be great as a lvl 9 spell

other spells i love are

Arc lightning
elemental orb spells

i will put out more when i get my books here lol

Mithran
09-30-2008, 07:32 AM
I haven't read all the posts here, and I don't know what version I'm thinking back to and whether the spell is still applicable/available in the game, but here's what I'd like to see:

Time Stop

I don't even remember the level of the spell, but do recall that it was one of the highest level spells a caster could eventually take. It's been 25+ years since I was familiar with the rules and I've never used it, but it sounded very cool.

Ministry
10-01-2008, 12:31 PM

POLYMORPH: (self or other - but both would be great)

Imagine the fun... muhuhahaha

tharveysinjin
10-01-2008, 02:42 PM
All Bigby's hands spells
Energy Immunity
Shapechange
Time Stop
Gate
Gaseous Form
Wall of Force
Wierd
Wail of the Banshee
Mass Hold Monster
Mass Resistance from Energy
Mass Protection from Energy
Rope Trick
Leomunds Secret Hut
Improved Invisibility
Silence

samagee
10-01-2008, 02:45 PM
All spells in the core PHB should already be in development since the release of the game. Are you looking for additional ones from other source material that are our favorites?

samagee
10-01-2008, 02:47 PM
I haven't read all the posts here, and I don't know what version I'm thinking back to and whether the spell is still applicable/available in the game, but here's what I'd like to see:

Time Stop

I don't even remember the level of the spell, but do recall that it was one of the highest level spells a caster could eventually take. It's been 25+ years since I was familiar with the rules and I've never used it, but it sounded very cool.

This is a very cool level 9th level spell. It basicaly acts like a VERY fast haste and limits what spells you can cast while this is active. It is actually doable if they treat it like a greatly enhanced haste spell, which locks out certain spells while it is active.

szalkerous
10-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Electrical Storm!!!! Woowoo! A nice long term AOE. Similar to fire wall.

shores11
10-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Level 1 spell - Light

I would love to see some content added where we could use this spell in dark murky dungeons. We could already use it maybe in Rainbow in the Vale.

I am surprised this spell was not entroduced at the beginning of the game. I imagined using this when I signed on 2 1/2 years ago. What a dimension it would add to the play.

The spell could be cast on just about any item like a shield, staff, sceptor, armor, etc...

Rouge
10-03-2008, 02:37 PM

9th level spell.... Gate (or Planar Gate) can't remember what they call it now

dageth
10-03-2008, 02:43 PM
....the ROPE/ROPE TRICK line.
It's an early spell (lvl.2) and can be useful for all levels in many areas.

Hanging in there with ya bud. As a primarily 1st ed player, been looking for my rope, grappling hook and holy water from day one...

You could do a Holy Water spell along the same lines as the Acid Splash spell the kobold shamans cast...just make it blue and do 1d4 Holy damage/level.

Or allow us to craft Holy Water vials to throw at undead...like the kobold fire pots you get pelted with in the early game..make use of those collectables and the House D church (give it an altar for creating holy items/artifacts).

chris_daggerfall
10-05-2008, 12:25 AM
create undead
tasha hideous laughter
all bigbys
mirror image
create shirne (high mp cost, can only cast 1 a day; never would happen though lol)
polymorph (self and other, use same format from neverwinter nights games)
shadow walk
orb of dancing death
magic weapon and gmw
leach undeath

Gum
10-05-2008, 02:08 AM
Electrical Storm!!!! Woowoo! A nice long term AOE. Similar to fire wall.

Very nice! agree.

Monkeytoe
10-05-2008, 03:28 PM
after thinking about it a little a longer...

I'd like to see bigby's hand type spells, and other spells that might hinder an opponents movement or use of abilities... Something that can move opponents around, bang 'em into the environment, maybe... drop 'em off a cliff... but I'd like to see them with a maintenance cost.

I'd like to see new spells that use some kind of maintenance cost, spells that aren't purely about damage dealing or damage resisting.

Flying and levitating could be maintenance spells.

I'd also like to see more mobility type spells, like blink or other short range teleport that might go as far as ten feet per level, but stops at the first physical barrier to movement, and a "greater blink" that might go the same distance but disregard any barriers that the teleporting distance would fully encompass. I'd like a teleport spell that would swap the position of the caster and a target, provided the target is withing the casters range for the spell.

And... Gust of Wind or something that can push enemies away from the caster, maybe with a chance of knocking them down, too.

And... Something like the Reaver's updraft or a reverse gravity type spell would be fun... throwing enemies up in the air :)

iconiclastic
10-06-2008, 06:47 AM
*Magic jar(caster inhabits the body of a mob)
*lower resistance(reduces the spell resisitance of a mob by 1 per caster level,checked against 1/2 spell resistance of the mob to see if it works)
*Mordenkainens disjunction(all magic items in the area of effect must save vs.disintigration or be destroyed) This spell can also affect the inherent bonuses gained from eating tomes.Having this spell in the game can also justify having higher drop rates for tomes/raid gear exe. or even a full list of raid gear since if the item gets destroyed the player would have to run a quest to get them again,or use a wish.
*pass wall: I am personally sick to death of being strait jacketed into doing a quest a specific way or else being called an exploiter,after all heroes do exploits!I would be alot more fun to do quests in different ways or being able to bypass an intelligence rune exe.
*Mirror image:miss chance starts at 100% dropping by 20% each time the mob(s) would have hit the character i.e an image disappears.
*delude:causes caster to appear to be from a guild that is most common among those around them(no guild chat or looking at their guild postings though)
*bloodstones frightful joining:Take over the body of an undead use it til it dies and return to your own body.
*spectral hand:casters touch attack spells have a range of 30 feet/yards.

TommyBoy
10-06-2008, 09:58 AM
floating disk (dont remember the exact name)

Ustice
10-06-2008, 10:05 AM
That would be Tensor's Floating Disk (Not sure of the spelling though... :rolleyes: )

Eternity25
10-08-2008, 01:48 PM
I have some ideas for caster spells.

Balance Spell [similar to jump, tumble or merfolk's blessing (which enhances the swim skill)]

Tempest Shield [similar to fire shield but gives a 50% reduction in lightening dmg while the spell is active and have an acid version of it]

Add Meridia to the Greater Teleport option

Inferno Burst [Similar to Ball Lightening but a fire version]

Maybe a Necromatic Spell that Drain's an opponents hp and allows you to recover hp

Just some original ideas that are based off existing spells that I thought might be worth mentioning .

EKKM
10-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Just a few, most already stated:

The Bigby's hand series
Mordenkainen's sword
Spirtual weapon
Evards black tentacles
Tasha's uncontollable laughter
Mirror image
Silence

Yes, I like the named spells

Velorn
10-09-2008, 10:30 AM
MASS REPAIR SPELLS

That is all:)

joker922
10-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Protection From Missles

aemulus
10-09-2008, 03:13 PM
From D&D 3.5
============================
Sor/Wiz9 - Absorption
Sor/Wiz9 - Alamanther's Return
Sor/Wiz6 - Antimagic Field
Sor/Wiz2 - Balagarn's Iron Horn
Sor/Wiz7 - Eladrin Form

These are just a few of the spells which could add to to the list for mod 8

There are plenty others focusing on elemental damage, and even a sword which flies around disintigrating creatures. I also like the spell which makes it so any creature that spots you must make a save or be turned to stone.

In a nutshell, wizzy/sorc need better high level spells, and not 90% buffs / useless garbage I wouldn't even wanna use at level 1.

For a complete list of all spells in D&D 3.5 --- see here >> D&D 3.5 Complete Spell List (http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html/pdf2html.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.crystalkeep.com% 2Fd20%2Frules%2FDnD3.5Index-Spell-Summaries-byName.pdf&images=yes)

Cheers :D

samagee
10-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Protection From Missles

Windwall, it is in the players handbook and should have been implemented in the game already.

Monkeytoe
10-09-2008, 08:26 PM
MASS REPAIR SPELLS

That is all:)

Or maybe even enough of the appropriate arcane spells to make a real "Healer of Warforged"?

Needles
10-10-2008, 02:30 AM
Alter Self - Sometimes when I am in the bar, I want to dance. But being a dwarf, no one wants to dance with me. Transforming into a cutesy elf would make the night a whole lot more fun.

[Add a second illusionary body by giving us access to the char gen interface tools in the bio tab, and adding armor/robe/helmet options. Then the spell switches display to the illusionary body when the spell is invoked.]

Narwe
10-10-2008, 11:47 AM
From the Arduin Grimoire, web based spells:

Fire web
Shocking web
Acid Web
Web of steel (tougher to break out of version of web)

From Dragonquest:

Wall of darkness (deals damage and fear effect if you move through it)
Black fire (sheets of fire and blackness shoot from the caster's hands dealing damage and fear)

Tresha_D'Artet
10-10-2008, 03:16 PM
i didnt see any other comments about "confusion" spell, but...i think that it has already been implemented, i base this on a recent shroud run i was in, as well as other things lol.

confusion
droll
21-50 Do nothing but babble incoherently.

yep...its already been implemented.

i agree we need mass energy resist spells, i think bards should have this available to them as well as some kind of offensive spell casting. bards need spell point and spell love.
MASS BARKSKIN!! :D:D (for rangers of course:rolleyes:)

esoitl
10-10-2008, 03:38 PM
I kind of love the fact that some people ignore the mechanics and just copy and paste everything missing from the Player's Handbook or other refernces source disregarding mechanics...

There is no way that any kind of climb, fly, levitate, rope trick, or wish spell could be implicated unless done so by strict confines by the dev team, so why are we asking, in some cases begging, for them?
Some spells in this list are nice and I'd like to see them implemented but good lord, some are just beyond ludicrous and obviously there is no way to properly implement them withotu a live DM... get real please...

Monkeytoe
10-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Some kind of necro spells that would allow a caster to trade hit points for spell points, or suck spell points from enemies when they die. But I wouldn't want anything like that implicated unless done so by strict confines by the dev team...

Ikuryo
10-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Fly: The benefits far outweigh the problems with this spell. It's too fun to not implement. If it works like the SR fly, all you need is a few monsters with good ranged attacks that can still do something to people they can't melee. Heck, that would make the monk's deflect arrows feat more useful too!

The monk deflect arrows feat would be useful if it worked. It currently does not block ANY monster ranged attacks, unless its been fixed recently. It also does not block thrown items like it should. It works perfectly against arrows from PCs in brawls, although it does not block thrown weapons at all, but it does NOTHING against monster attacks.

Unless they finally fixed it sometime in the last 2 months.

Oh and I like the list of ranger spells suggested in the earlier part of the thread. The Mass resist, protection and barkskin would cut down on a lot of the annoyance of casting the spells.

Alexander_Illusioni
10-16-2008, 04:45 PM

Time Stop

I think I have experienced this one in game a lot recently!:rolleyes::D

purdyaw
10-17-2008, 03:56 PM
I am not reading ALL THAT, but if anyone said:

Mage's Mansion - let me second that. Just create a mansion that is the same every time. It's an awesome spell, and could help when if run out of spellpoints and health. One thing I'd do to make it balanced, though, is make it cost an exceptional amount of Spell Points so that it's only a saviour if you planned to have enough SP "just in case", like rewarding the people who plan ahead.

Main points to keep this spell balanced.

- Same graphical mansion every time so it doesn't cost 'too much' to develop. "slap" it together, don't put too much into this. Use pre-existing house models?
- Perhaps expand it to more than just Sorcerer and Wizard.
- A time consuming recovery, so it doesn't feel like a viable way of soloing... but a help in a quest that drained you of nearly all your resources. This shouldn't be an issue, because people tend to carry a dozen or so wands anyways, keeping the group going. This may just be an alternative to spending tons of cash.
- Make Scrolls and Wands for the spell as rare as they get.
- Make it cost more SP than a spell of it's level, significantly, so that it takes foresight on whether you're going to need it.
- Casting time for this isn't particularly an issue... because, as I noted above, groups tend to just wand their way through anyways... you'll wand your way til you have all the time you need to get this spell going... so go ahead and make it take a while to cast, too.

query
10-19-2008, 04:38 AM
practicality of the game's current and future high-level content, I find a 30+ caster level check for SR nuts on elite missions let alone when I have it on "normal wilderness" encounters. Therefore, please implement the spell Spell Vunerablity.

It's a Cleric 4 Sorc/Wiz 3 spell lasting 1 minute/caster level. A Fort save negates it but there is no SR to it. It targets one creature who (if failing their save) reduces their SR 1 per caster level (Max 15) and can't lower the creature's SR below 0.

Oh and second Dimensional Anchor/Lock. No it's NOT a blink spell the devils are using but a out of sync between teleporting cooldowns with the actual spell like ability teleport (self) at will.

Finally, the spell that creates a "sphere of Annihilation" you control is called Sphere of Ultimate Destruction--moving 30 feet per round automaticly hitting any creature it enters its square, causing 2d6 damage per caster level (max 40d6) disintigrating when the creature hits 0 HP or only 5d6 if they make their Fort save (still going to dust if at 0 or lower.) The equipment however is untouched. Against objects (nonliving matter) it disintigrates up to a 10-foot [spherical] cube of matter per round. The item follows all rules for a disintigrate spell for going through items such as a wall of force, etc.

No not asking for that spell (tempting though) but wanted to enlighten the previous poster who mentioned its description. The real Sphere of A is a created artifact item with a certain additional magic item that allows 'control' of it. Heaven forbid you lose your control check or it's an opposed caster battle cause if it hits you, you just CEASE to exist, become nothing. I can't even remember if wish/miracle brings you back (it may be one to recreate the body and another to restore your life to it.)

So please get those spells to stop those popomatic ridiculously high resisting devilkin already :)

loml1217
10-22-2008, 07:37 AM
I'd like to see the cleric spell 'sanctuary' as well, and mass resists would be REALLY nice.

Nevthial
10-22-2008, 12:47 PM
1. Improved Invisibilty
2. Ghost Form
3. Mind Blank
4. Shades
5. Prismatic Sphere
6. Wail of the Banshee
7. Weird
8. Temporal Stasis
9. Refuge

( It is a wish list :D )

Glimlock
10-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Charm Monster, mass

Aesop
10-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Mirror Image: Have it create a Blurred overimage of the character slightly askew. The effect would be to have the caster ignore the first 2 physical attacks that happen within the duration. However have a long cooldown so the caster can't just keep the spell up perpetually. Also have true seeing bypass it. Effectively 100% Concealment for the first two physical attacks.

Greater Mirror Image: Same as Mirror Image only have it be 4-5 attacks.

Spiritual Weapon: Ghostly Mace swings at the baduns targets in the same mannor as Flaming Sphere only instead of a save there is actually an attack.

Vampiric Touch: Touch Range Attack that drains HP from the MOb and heals the Caster.

Entangle: Druids Web spell only its bigger and better... and lower level... probably just make it like web ... if this scares ya too much make it an area that the bad guys trying to run through are effected as if by Solid Fog without the concealment.

Evards Black Tentacles: An area that effects mobs sorta like the Earth Grab ability does with waving black tentacles... creepy

Mass Resist Energy: um... duh

Energy Immunity: um... well think like how Prot Energy used to work before you fixed it. Just give it a really short duration.

the Orb spells: Orb of Force Orb of Acid etc... pretty straight forward single target high damage spells with no save and no SR

Aesop

kingfisher
10-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Evards Black Tentacles: An area that effects mobs sorta like the Earth Grab ability does with waving black tentacles... creepy

this is the one spell that i would pick. to see them come up out of the ground and wrap around mobs would be A+++.
there were some more spells in the evards line as well but i cant remember them.

Randolf_Drake
10-22-2008, 04:42 PM
I cannot believe no one has asked for

Permanency.

No more timers, would only have to recast buff spells if they are dispelled... No more buffing yourself, even after resting...

goofydad
10-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Okay I have a LONG list here:
~ Travelers Mount, Winged Mount
~Cloudwalkers, Fire Wings
~ Maelstrom
~Spiritual Chariot
~Visage Of The Deity
~Weapon Of The Deity
~Zeal
~Pavillion Of Grandeur

I know half of these are difficult to impossible to recreate but I still like them.

moorewr
10-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Okay I have a LONG list here:
~ Travelers Mount, Winged Mount
~Cloudwalkers, Fire Wings
~ Maelstrom
~Spiritual Chariot
~Visage Of The Deity
~Weapon Of The Deity
~Zeal
~Pavillion Of Grandeur

I know half of these are difficult to impossible to recreate but I still like them.

Zeal they might pull off... :cool:

goofydad
10-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Zeal they might pull off... :cool:
Zeal is a pretty simple one, basically a better 'Sheild'
Well still I really want mount spells, or even mount scrolls you could buy, that would also be a good idea :D

moorewr
10-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Zeal is a pretty simple one, basically a better 'Sheild'
Well still I really want mount spells, or even mount scrolls you could buy, that would also be a good idea :D

Well, I was being a little indirect, but we're getting Zeal on Wednesday:
http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Release_Notes_Module_8_Risia_Official

(I doubt we'll ever see mounts, magical or otherwise, in this game)

VirieSquichie
10-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Wall of __________

(you pick - force, stone, flesh (eww...) or even fluffy bunnies...as long as the mobs can't walk through it unimpeded, I'll be happy!)

Other than Wall of Force, the mobs should be able to bash it down eventually if they wish. Wall of Force would be trickier to code for the mobs.

goofydad
10-29-2008, 04:08 PM
They added the one I wanted!
I FEEL SPECIAL :oD
I wanted zeal, and they made it one!

Mithran
10-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Mass Resist Energy
Mass Heal

I haven't read this whole thread, so it may be that others have indicated the desire for this, but this is the top of my list. Time Stop is more of a new idea.

bolsie
10-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Color spray!:P

Tyrande
11-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Protection from Spells
Abjuration
Level: Magic 8, Sor/Wiz 8
Components: V, S, M, F
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Targets: Up to one creature touched per four levels
Duration: 10 min./level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
The subject gains a +8 resistance bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like abilities (but not against supernatural and extraordinary abilities).
Material Component: A diamond of at least 500 gp value, which must be crushed and sprinkled over the targets.
Focus: One 1,000 gp diamond per creature to be granted the protection. Each subject must carry one such gem for the duration of the spell. If a subject loses the gem, the spell ceases to affect him.

and perhaps implement the spell craft skill.

PentegarnDarras
11-03-2008, 08:40 AM
Aganazzar’s Scorcher
Battering Ram
Snilloc’s Snowball Swarm
Mirror Image
Mountain Stance
Earthen Grasp
Spider Climb
Fly
Fleshshiver
Spiritwall
Passwall
Nightstalker’s Transformation
Wall of Iron
Create Undead
Crown of Despair
Zajimarn’s Ice Claw Prison
Elminster’s Evasion

tost
11-04-2008, 11:38 AM
I would like a spell of Raise Elvis's Dead Body!

Because everyone deserves the right to worship the King!

Philam
11-06-2008, 01:04 PM
How about a way to change a toons surname!

Grimgore
11-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Possession
Run it like autocontrol of a enemy. You disappear and enter the body of target creature and can make melee attacks as the possessed foe. When the foe does, you are jarred back into your own body. Your screen would change to the view from their eyes and allow for a better version of charm (as in you can control their movements)

Would also like to see some more of the no SR spells added like Orb of <Blank> and such. Or even better: Bloodwind from the Spell Compendium; Make Melee attacks at a 30' range.

arcticsparro
11-07-2008, 07:06 PM
I would really like to see an implementaion of the Chaos Mage - even if it was only an enhancement line and so chaos shield and the like as well as Narhal's Dweomer and Chaos Sphere. Actually I'd like to see all specialist mage paths as an enhancement line that would lock out opposing schools spells, boost SP by a small amount, and add to Spell DC and Penetration for the specialized school...

Also much easier to implement:

Prismatic Spray- It's fun!
Mirror Image - gotta have it - it's a sweet spell and a staple!
Otiluke's Resilient Sphere - I always loved this spell... :)
Phantasmal Sword/ Mordekain's Sword- need good summons...
Elemental Conjuring - Summoning in general in DDO is kinda lame right now - need a good air or fire elemental - That was one way weak A$$ mages used to stay alive.
Contingency
Gate
&
Entangle! - hoping this one at least shows when druid comes in - but miss having it with rangers too...

JetEskimo
11-12-2008, 11:18 AM

I would love to see Evards Black Tentacles (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/blackTentacles.htm) in the game too. I know they don't have the grapple mechanics in place right now, but I'm sure they could make it work.

Fuzzybunny
11-12-2008, 04:04 PM
First of all, apologies for the pun in the subject header. I could not resist (Not even with GH's boost to saves).

I'm always a fan of Eberron-specific content so here goes:

Level 5 (Elves, Wiz, Sorc)
Glimpse of Eternity - confuses enemies (will save) and deals non-lethal damage (could be converted to WIS dmg for DDO)

Level 6 (Wiz, Sorc, Brd)
Glimpse of the Prophecy - stuns enemies (Will save) or provides caster with insight bonus to saves\skills

And finally, a homebrew spell:

Level 9
Transmutation
Blossom of the Daelkyr Lords
Level: Wiz/Sor9, Druid8, Chaos8, Madness8)
Components: V, S, special
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: 30ft. cone
Targets: All affected
Duration: instantaneous or 3 rounds + 1 round/5 levels
Saving Throw: Fort (special)
Spell Resistance: No

Tiny, orange tentacles grow from the palm of your outstretched hand, clawing at the air in front of them and emitting a maddenly chittering sound. Suddenly, a large multi-hued flower bursts wetly from your palm, spewing nauseating pollen in a forward facing cone. The tentacles flick at the air hungrily and whip up the pollen cloud.

All creatures within the 30ft cone are covered in the pollen and suffer 1d4 WIS and 1d4 CON damage every round unless they succeed at a FORT save (half damage). Affected creatures continue to take WIS and CON damage for the duration of the spell but are allowed saves every round. Creatures are also nausesated by the pollen cloud (no save).

A Heal spell (or higher level magic) stops the spell from inflicting further ability damage (but does not remove ability damage already taken) and removes the nausea effect. A Remove Disease or Dispel Chaos spell shortens the remaining duration of the spell by half as well as removing the nausea effect.

Creatures who die as a result of CON damage from this spell dissolve into a slimey mess and are reanimated 1 round later as a green ooze with hit dice equal to half the creature's original level (the ooze does not continue to take CON or WIS damage from this spell). The green ooze is not under the control of the caster and the transformed creature can only brought back to life by a Wish spell, True Ressurection or similar magic. Creatures who fall to 0 WIS points from this spell are driven horribly insane and will obey any commands given to it by a Daelkyr.

Grimgore
11-12-2008, 04:07 PM
I would love to see Evards Black Tentacles (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/blackTentacles.htm) in the game too. I know they don't have the grapple mechanics in place right now, but I'm sure they could make it work.

Maybe run it like a stronger version of web that does damage?

JetEskimo
11-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Maybe run it like a stronger version of web that does damage?

I thought about that. The big + on that spell is that the roll is STR based rather than reflex (DEX) giving you another control option for different mobs. Of course, the fact it wouldn't burn away like web does would still be pretty useful.

Newtons_Apple
11-12-2008, 07:03 PM
I cannot believe no one has asked for

Permanency.

No more timers, would only have to recast buff spells if they are dispelled... No more buffing yourself, even after resting...

/signed, and just so you don't feel alone out there, it has been asked for, in this thread:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=158971&page=3 see muffin's post.

and others have seconded it. It's a big thread, easy to miss.

dragonspeake
11-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Some of my recommendations to add:

Blink - Hey, if the devils can do it...
Greater Invisibility

Prismaticatic Wall

These three would be awesome, i would also like to add:

ICE WALL-for making dem monsters trapped in Cloud Kill :)
STONE WALL-Again for making dem monsters trapped in firewall/Cloud Kill

salmag
11-12-2008, 07:10 PM
I would like to see ALL spells implemented.

From core books and Eberron.

*I especially like the Bigby [x] Hand ones though (not sure how you would implement them in DDO since in my campaigns I would use them more for interrogation purposes).

RobbinB
11-13-2008, 06:45 PM
I'd like to see more defensive spells such as greater stoneskin, premonition, improved mage armor, ethereal/ghostly visage, and shadow shield.