PDA

View Full Version : Official status of Weapon Ki: Longsword?

Thanimal
02-02-2009, 09:57 AM
It was recently pointed out to me that this feat is already in the compendium.

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Feat:Weapon_Ki:_Long_Sword

I can think of several builds that seems very interesting around this, and given my relatively limited play time, I might like to start one soon if this feat is coming in Mod 9. I've played every race except elf, and this would finally interest me in playing one!!! Any chance of an official confirm/deny?

Much appreciated if possible, but I understand if not.

Gadget2775
02-02-2009, 11:57 AM
One of the devs posted when this was first spotted in the compendium. It's in development but don't expect to see it soon. Will see if I can track down the official post for you.

Gadget2775
02-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Found it....

Monks with swords: Eladrin (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1882535&highlight=ki+weapon#post1882535)

Thanimal
02-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Found it....

Monks with swords: Eladrin (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1882535&highlight=ki+weapon#post1882535)

THANKS! Very interesting. But that thread is getting to be a bit old (10/2008). Eladrin alludes to problems with development. Did any of these magically resolve themselves such that Mod 9 inclusion has become likely? I would have to agree this is a low priority addition, so spending a ton of time to make it work is probably inadvisable. But if it's easy I'm pretty sure I'd have some fun with it!

QuantumFX
02-02-2009, 06:41 PM
THANKS! Very interesting. But that thread is getting to be a bit old (10/2008). Eladrin alludes to problems with development. Did any of these magically resolve themselves such that Mod 9 inclusion has become likely? I would have to agree this is a low priority addition, so spending a ton of time to make it work is probably inadvisable. But if it's easy I'm pretty sure I'd have some fun with it!

It can’t be that hard. My monk can weild a deadly candy cane without becoming uncentered.

And yeah, a status update would be nice even if it’s “Sorry, but we’ll revisit it when we work on monk PrE’s”.

muffinlad
02-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Making different weapons more useful should be a priority in the game.

Giving Monks the ability to Feat in some of the under used weapons (Long Sword) giving some classes additional benefits with an exotic weapon (Paladin's granted Bastard Sword Useage), is one way to take the game from the Khopesh, Dwarven Axe, Rapier users we see today, to a greater weapon selection.

I already see more Quarter stave Devotion Item use, thanks to the growing number of Clonks-(Cleric Monks).

Having some reason for Brigadine, Banded, Scale and Half Plate would be helpful as well.

Regs,

muffinarmorer

brool
02-02-2009, 08:02 PM
personally I would be against the weapon ki: longsword idea.

However, them fixing the current monk weapons first would be awesome..

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv183/wongtonddo/ScreenShot00001.jpg

Falcion
02-02-2009, 08:31 PM
It would be nice to have an update on this before I use 48 larges on Kama's I'd rather use on Longswords or something better.

Thanimal
02-03-2009, 12:53 PM
personally I would be against the weapon ki: longsword idea.

However, them fixing the current monk weapons first would be awesome..

You may want to blur out some of your shot, as it contains banned language. (Just trying to help you avoid getting harassed.)

Also, you didn't state that the problem is the minimum level being crazy-high. (Right?) Do you believe this is a general problem, or just a random bug?

brool
02-03-2009, 01:36 PM
well a +1 weapon with weakening on it... Thats definitly not a ml 14 race required item. As far as the censorship of the words, doesnt bother me. When turbine takes the time to put out a quality product, ill take the time to follow the rules they have.

SqtYork
02-03-2009, 03:39 PM
The tempest builds move to the monk tempest build with Weapon Ki:rapier / scimitar / bow?

everything will be monk + x builds. Except the Paladin with the huge freaking 28d6 capstone attack.