PDA

View Full Version : Fix The Casters!!...please

Damionic
01-31-2009, 07:54 AM
This is a link from DDO EU
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4858382#post4858382

It suggest's improvements for the much maligned casters of DDO.

But since no devs read from DDO EU (some mod may if they get round to it suggest it to a dev)..I have posted it Here! (US Forum Mods..PLEASE LET DDO EU POST HERE!!)

I have a few suggestions to make regarding this..I know that Mod 9 is comming soonish but I don't wish to wait til Mod 10+ before this is Fixed..

1.Add More Spells (pref all spells)

2.Please remove the tottaly unfair hit dice restrictions on some spells..like Sleep,Symbol of fear ect...as the mobs "hit dice" are so high..it makes the spells useless..

3.Please STOP blanket immuning mobs..make their saves high but not Immune!

4.Please look at the PnP of the caster classes and take note of spell slots..caster timings..Hint Sorcs are not trained in Metamagics so cast Slower then wizards on metamagic spells.

5.Please really work on caster subclasses...I dont want 99% taking one subclass because the others are unballanced.

other issues

please make robes look like their intended power...I.E No Red Lightning Guard Robes..mixed power robes can be dual coloured.

please fixed the "charged" state of monks so they match your own descriptions..I.E Fire,Fire,Fire charges looking Fiery....also please allow other people to see charges..so they will open doors ect.

Yours Faithfully

Damionic

aka

Deathknell Quintessence
http://www.myspace.com/deathknellquintessence

Noctus
01-31-2009, 12:02 PM
2.Please remove the tottaly unfair hit dice restrictions on some spells..like Sleep,Symbol of fear ect...as the mobs "hit dice" are so high..it makes the spells useless..

3.Please STOP blanket immuning mobs..make their saves high but not Immune!

/Double signed.
Especially if those crippling HD-restrictions would be removed you would have a whole new batch of spells for the casters to choose from. Currently there are many dead spells with no place for application, except low-level favor running. SO useless for 99% of the content.

please make robes look like their intended power...I.E No Red Lightning Guard Robes..mixed power robes can be dual coloured.

As appearance and attributes are both randomly generated you definetly wont see that happen for random loot.

StanC
01-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Yes please fix them.
We do not want them to reproduce :p
Sorry couldn't resist:D

Lorien_the_First_One
01-31-2009, 10:07 PM
1.add More Spells (pref All Spells) agreed

2.please Remove The Tottaly Unfair Hit Dice Restrictions On Some Spells..like Sleep,symbol Of Fear Ect...as The Mobs "hit Dice" Are So High..it Makes The Spells Useless.. a Lot Of Those Spells Are Also Equally Useless At High Level In Pnp, But Some Small Adjustment To Make Them Useful When Level Appropriate Would Be Nice

3.please Stop Blanket Immuning Mobs..make Their Saves High But Not Immune!agreed

4.please Look At The Pnp Of The Caster Classes And Take Note Of Spell Slots..caster Timings..hint Sorcs Are Not Trained In Metamagics So Cast Slower Then Wizards On Metamagic Spells.nope. If You Want To Change It To Make Sorcs Cast Metamagic Sooner, You Also Have To Make Wizards Choose Their Spells At The Shrine, As Per Pnp. If A Pnp Wizard Wants To Spontaneously Cast They Have To Take A Feat For It And End Up With The Same Restrictions/speed Of Casting Around Metamagic As Sorcs.

5.please Really Work On Caster Subclasses...i Dont Want 99% Taking One Subclass Because The Others Are Unballanced. define Subclass

Please Make Robes Look Like Their Intended Power...i.e No Red Lightning Guard Robes..mixed Power Robes Can Be Dual Coloured. what Is This, Kindergarden Robes? Robes Should Not Be Colour Coded To Match Abilities, That's Just Silly.

Please Fixed The "charged" State Of Monks So They Match Your Own Descriptions..i.e Fire,fire,fire Charges Looking Fiery....also Please Allow Other People To See Charges..so They Will Open Doors Ect.no. These Are Stances, Not Real Fire/water/whatever. It's An Inner Focus. Once Again, Your Suggestion Is On The Cartoon/childish Side And I Think It Should Be Avoided (and Devs, Back Out The Rage Effect, Same Reason

:d