PDA

View Full Version : Devs - Re Inventory, Bank, and stacking.

Nick_RC
01-28-2009, 09:50 PM
Running out of room dev team.

I dont particularly like to have a mule on my account just to hold gear for one toon :(

Please consider the following for stacking or stack higher.

*Raidish stuff

Reavers refuge essences stack/go in bag. (Collectable?)
Shards of Power(shroud) being flagged as ingrediant or collectables so we can store them.
Titan/dq preraid collectibles being flagged as such and not beig exclusive.(seriously why make them exclusive... its an old raid give it some love)
Planar Shards Stacking higher.

*Consumables

Wand charges (let us SOMEHOW combine our half charged wands of the same type PLEASE!!!)
Silver Flame pots stack higher than 10.
Increase the stack size of potions over 100. (Fine when tanks had 150-200hp. Now we are pushing 600+ carrying several stacks of 100+ is the norm. Better yet bring out a better pot.)
Thieves Tools higher than 50. (Maybe a single Master key of appropriate level?)
Stackable hireling contracts.

*New Bags Containers

Spell component Bag
Scroll cases

More to follow.

Can we have a new favour reward or something for another bank slot/inventory space. Something i thought would be really cool (but probably easily manipulated - havnt thought about it too much ) would be like a summoned squire that gave us access to another couple of backpack slots or access to our bank.

Im sure there are other things im missing post below and il add them to the list for consideration.

Cheers

N

QuantumFX
01-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Thieves Tools in stacks larger than 50.
What’s the current status of spell component bags?
Dragonshard Essences/Shards of Power getting flagged as something else so I can put em in bags.
Raid flagging items (Titan, Abbot, DQ) getting condensed down to one item (When completed) that we can stick in our collectibles bag.

Nick_RC
01-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Added quantum thx for additions.

N

Kintro
01-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Portal/Healing Fragments in bags too or should i just junk them?
Planar Shards in bags or stacks up to 150 at least.

Eternity25
01-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Spell Component bags would really be nice. There are currently 8 spell components. Sorcs usually don't carry lvl 7 components. Banishment, FoD, and Dancing Sphere are the really popular lvl 7 spells. 7 or 8 spell components take up almost 10% of a casters inventory. A Spell Component bag would be a nice way to help casters carry components while only taking up 1% of their inventory space.

QuantumFX
01-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Spell Component bags would really be nice.

It was supposedly in the works last year. The problem was making the Spellcasting system see the components in the extra inventory space. The dev who was working on it (Zyrca) seems to have been devoured by the Cube.

smatt
01-29-2009, 02:40 AM
I'd even be happy with another bank slot... We haven't gotten any more for what 2 1/2 years :eek:

barghest
01-29-2009, 02:50 AM
already had part of this idea:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=155532

VonBek
01-29-2009, 05:04 AM
Spell component Bag (quantum)
Scroll cases (quantum)
Wand charges (via stone of change or something - even just like stacking pots)

Yes to all. If I cannot have all, these would be my lead choices.

Bogenbroom
01-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Inscription materials bag would be nice as well.

Yaga_Nub
01-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Inscription materials bag would be nice as well.

you carry around spell inscription materials?

Fenrisulven6
01-29-2009, 11:54 AM
like a summoned squire that gave us access to another couple of backpack slots or access to our bank.

Clever idea.

Laith
01-29-2009, 12:12 PM
while i also suffer the dilemma of limited space, most of issues you list seem to ignore that Turbine could have easily made the items stack and/or go into bags, but instead DELIBERATELY CHOSE NOT TO.

Taking up excessive amounts of limited space, in combination with binding on pickup, has its own benefits to a programmer. Often, it's used to encourages trading/gifting at the chests. This trading will only benefit people that have fewer copies of the item already, which is generally the person who's done less farming.

The next time someone freely gives you a Shard of Power, consider that they might not have given so freely if they stacked, went in bags, and/or didn't bind on pickup.

Steiner-Davion
01-29-2009, 02:49 PM
I had asked the DEVs about the spell components bags last year. And I believe it was Zrca or someone who mentioned that in response to my questions.

and During one of the DDOCast Episodes, either 99 or 100, I mentioned pretty much all of these concerns on their air, and have sent a couple of messages to the DEV team about it. So far silence. but the message has been relayed to them over the air and in written email form a couple of times, but lets keep up the pressure until they public address this need.

Faethe
01-30-2009, 09:02 AM
My apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere...

Would it make sense for identical hireling contracts to stack (perhaps with a small stack limit)? I've only purchased them a couple of times, but when I did, buying two contracts for the same hireling took up two inventory spots. My characters may not be administratively gifted but even my INT 8 lowbie fighter seems to inately know how to make neat stacks of wavecrasher cargo manifests... :p

What we're purchasing is a contract for their services; they don't add appreciable weight to the backpack so I'd conclude the dev's intentions are that we're carrying the contracts rather than stuffing the actual hireling and his clones in there with all our pointy weapons. :)

Kreaper
01-30-2009, 09:08 AM
Running out of room dev team.

I dont particualrly like to have a mule on my account just to hold gear for one toon :(

Please consider the following for stacking or stack higher.

Reavers refuge essences.
Wand charges (via stone of change or something - even just like stacking pots)
Silver Flame pots stack higher than 10.
Increase the stack size of pots over 100. Fine when tanks had 150-200hp. Now we are pushing 600+ carrying several stacks of 100+ is the norm. Better yet bring out a better pot.Thieves Tools higher than 50.
Spell component Bag (quantum)
Scroll cases (quantum)
Raid Flagging Items.(quantum)
Essences (refuge) and Shards (shroud) being flagged as ingrediant or collectables so we can store them.(quantum)

More to follow.

Can we have a new favour reward or something for another bank slot/inventory space. Something i thought would be really cool (but probably easily manipulated - havnt thought about it too much ) would be like a summoned squire that gave us access to another couple of backpack slots or access to our bank.

Im sure there are other things im missing post below and il add them to the list for consideration.

Cheers

N

I agree with everything you said except for the thieves tools. They should not be disposable at all. What kind of goober would buy disposable tool?

Grimgore
01-30-2009, 09:27 AM
/signed

I want a scroll case and componant case more than anything. Also would be nice to be able to have a bag to keep pre-raid and raid pre-req items in. You can keep your Shroud items in one but not your Sigil for Titan.

Asherons_Chosen
01-30-2009, 09:44 AM
/signed

Agree.

Favorites out of here:
Stacking things in larger sizes... say pots/scrolls in stacks of 1000
Components - (although I see how that could unbalance pack space between casters (who carry many components) and fighters who carry many weapons... but I don't think you'd get much argument.
Shroud shards being flagged as ingredients
Dragonshards etc stacking larger sizes

Add a quest or some faction requirement to do it if you must, but please implement ASAP.

Kalari
01-30-2009, 10:22 AM
I agree with everything you said except for the thieves tools. They should not be disposable at all. What kind of goober would buy disposable tool?

OMG I could not agree with you more. I always thought rogues should have a master lockpick kit or something that is not disposable maybe need repair for wear and tear every once in awhile but definately re usable.

To the op so I dont detract from your post definately signed on this. Ive currently have 2 mules for items since essences and the other **** ive picked up on my level 16's take up so much room and dont stack :( . And having a majority of caster based characters I know my first backpack slot is always going to be filled with components. And since im self sufficient most of the time, potions, heal wands for those who can use it fill up my packs as well. Though I am greatful for quivers now my ranger/rogue had so many issues with ammo and theives tools. One down one more to go :)

Nick_RC
01-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks for all the replies have tidied up the original post and updated the lists.

N

Pyromaniac
02-01-2009, 01:05 PM
/signed

I'd like a bank account for all my toons combined. And a guild bank as well.

Would be nice to be able to move bound raid loot between my characters as well, though this opens up a whole new discussion.

Bogenbroom
02-02-2009, 07:13 AM
you carry around spell inscription materials?

If I have the space for it, yeah. If I don't, I try to keep them in my bank, if I have space there. Especially on my lower level wizzies.

Daedalis
02-02-2009, 07:33 AM
/signed

My casters would greatly appreciate the added spaces.

Just a thought here......maybe a bag of holding that takes up one space in your pack but gives 1-5 extra spaces like extra bank slots or pack slots. The size would depend on the type of bag. small = 1 slot upgradeable to 2 with a collasped portable hole. Meduim = 3 upgradeable to 4 with CPH. And Large = 5 not upgradeable as it is max size. And you may only have one type of bag of holding at one time. Meaning if you pull a large but orginially had a small, the small bag would work but the large wouldn't until the small one was emptied. There would be a transfer of items button that would allow you to transfer the items of one bag to another. At that point the large bag can be used, but the small can not.....just an idea :). And they can do a non upgraded bag is sellable or tradeable, but an upgraded back is bound. There are a ton of ways this can be implemented.

Just my 2 cp - 1 for taxes.....:eek:

Dae