PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Archer Bolts?

Fetchi
01-21-2009, 09:15 PM
I have an elven bard that uses a light repeating crossbow instead of a bow. Is there any chance I will be able to take Arcane Archer and create bolts in the future? Right now I use a flame-arrow wand. Works well, but I would love some ghost touch force bolts.:confused:

nbhs275
01-21-2009, 11:17 PM
I have an elven bard that uses a light repeating crossbow instead of a bow. Is there any chance I will be able to take Arcane Archer and create bolts in the future? Right now I use a flame-arrow wand. Works well, but I would love some ghost touch force bolts.:confused:

i believe "archer" implies using a bow....not a crossbow.....

Jay203
01-22-2009, 05:04 PM
don't think it's gonna happen
but i guess you can keep hoping =)

Uska
01-22-2009, 05:11 PM
It would be nice if we got a choice on what we created but sadly I dont see them giviing it to us.

nbhs275
01-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Your post "implies" nothing useful to this discussion. Move along please.

arch-er (noun)

user of bow and arrow

Somebody who uses a bow and arrow

Im sorry, definition of an archer is somebody who uses a bow and arrow. Not a asian influenced repeating crossbow and bolts. Also, if you want the DnD PnP influence, the class is restricted to elves, and is directly connected to the use of bows, and requires weapon focus with either longbows, or shortbows. Notice crossbows are not included.

And that is the reason bolts are not, and should not be part of arcane archer.

Mercules
01-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Having 2 characters that use Repeaters I understand the desire to have Force Bolts.

I also understand the idea behind the Arcane Archer which takes the Racial Proficiency with Bows and the Racial Favored Class of Wizard and mingles them.

Arcane Archer is a Prestige Class and a "Way" because it is narrowly focused. That is what a PrC PrE is, a focus of abilities that gives you a bit more power in one area at the cost of general power in all areas. In this case it gives you a powerful tool for bows, but only bows, not other ranged weapons.