PDA

View Full Version : Gencon vs dragoncon

baylensman
01-21-2009, 12:35 PM
so I may attend one or the other as my first vacation in years. Will be bringing the other half along.
questions
Which is more likely to have more DDO related stuff?
Which is more likely to satisfy the wife?
So far i have these considerations

Dragoncon is only one days drive away
Gencon is a full two day drive
Draconcon is little more expensive to stay at
Gencon a little more expensive to get to.

i have friends and relatives close enough to atlanta to visit

i don't know anyone in indianapolis.

Uska
01-21-2009, 03:41 PM
gencon more likely to have ddo related stuff nvr been to dragoncon but would like to, and its closer to me but even that is a 10 hour drive. Several people from ddo usuallly show up at gencon so go there if you want that, Me I would go to dragoncon as there would be less wotc and I hate them for now due to 4E

MarauderX
11-30-2009, 04:11 PM
GenCon will have more of everything. Hands down it is better than DragonCon. The latter is interesting, but if you're going through the hassle make it worthwhile - GenCon.

cdbd3rd
11-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Plus, by hook or crook, we have the DDO party. ;)

...at Gen-Con.

Montrose
11-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Disclaimer: Never been to GenCon and haven't been to Dragon*Con since I left Atlanta in '99

Dragon*Con is amusing, and worth going to if you live in or near Atlanta. It would probably have a modest amount of DDO stuff, but unlikely to knock your socks off.

Atlanta as a city is moderately interesting (the Aquarium is good and World of Coke is amusing) but not really very touristy.

So, my recommendation would be to go to GenCon, unless you really want to visit something in Atlanta and/or visit the family that you mentioned.

(P.S. Please don't go to PAX ever. Not only do you give swine flu to all my coworkers, but you mess up traffic. Seattle is crowded enough already. Thanks!)