PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Capstone?

BurnerD
01-21-2009, 07:52 AM
enquiring minds want to know......

or was it posted and did I miss it amongst the 314 nerf threads?

Uska
01-21-2009, 08:44 AM
not yet and we need at least two one for ranged and one for melee

BlackSteel
01-21-2009, 08:46 AM
if its survival and not damage/weapon based then you could easily have one for both

no reason for the capstone to be damage oriented

BurnerD
01-21-2009, 08:47 AM
I would love to see a ranged capstone.

Garth_of_Sarlona
01-21-2009, 08:52 AM
I would guess favored enemy based

...or maybe you get 1 more use of charm animal! :)

Garth

GunboatDiplomat
01-21-2009, 09:41 AM
I bet it adds your wisdom bonus to your ac even if wearing light armour and a shield :D

Take that you ranger/monk splashes!

BurnerD
01-21-2009, 10:05 AM
I bet it adds your wisdom bonus to your ac even if wearing light armour and a shield :D

Take that you ranger/monk splashes!

lol I like it :)

Given that the majority (if not all) of folks think that ranged combat is weaksauce a capstone that gives a ranged ranger some oomph would be a good move.

I'm currently leveling an Arcane Archer and am holding off taking any splash levels until the capstone info comes out.

Uska
01-22-2009, 05:59 PM
if its survival and not damage/weapon based then you could easily have one for both

no reason for the capstone to be damage oriented

well I think ranged really needs some love not so much melee but didtn want to leave them out and what kind of survial would you want to add? we have evasion and diehard and I think improved evasion would be a bit much.

Uska
01-22-2009, 06:00 PM
lol I like it :)

Given that the majority (if not all) of folks think that ranged combat is weaksauce a capstone that gives a ranged ranger some oomph would be a good move.

I'm currently leveling an Arcane Archer and am holding off taking any splash levels until the capstone info comes out.

doing the same

bobbryan2
01-22-2009, 06:06 PM
well I think ranged really needs some love not so much melee but didtn want to leave them out and what kind of survial would you want to add? we have evasion and diehard and I think improved evasion would be a bit much.

Ranged needs love... Ranged Rangers don't. Rangers already have more perks to ranged combat than they should.

I'm sure the capstone won't focus on ranged or melee combat, and instead focus on survivability or favored enemies.

Uska
01-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Ranged needs love... Ranged Rangers don't. Rangers already have more perks to ranged combat than they should.

I'm sure the capstone won't focus on ranged or melee combat, and instead focus on survivability or favored enemies.

favored I can see but cant see what they would add for survivability and disagree ranged rangers still need love

Gratch
01-22-2009, 06:15 PM
I heard (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=169448) rangers were already the top class due to their tempest 3 dps power. Those that choose to go the last 2 levels of ranger (instead of fighter/monk/rogue combo) get a pink neon sign in the air above them that reads:

PUR3 PWNER

/showpwner on
/showpwner off <- for those stealthier times

bobbryan2
01-22-2009, 06:19 PM
favored I can see but cant see what they would add for survivability and disagree ranged rangers still need love

Ranged rangers will get love when ranged becomes a viable combat style. There shouldn't be anymore ranger only bonuses to ranged weapons, is all I'm saying. They already get bow strength, deepwood sniper, and arcane archer... the only thing left is for ranged combat to be worthwhile.