PDA

View Full Version : Permadeath Static Group TUESDAYS

KGWiking
01-20-2009, 10:15 PM
A dedicated static group using within a Permadeath setting is planning on being launched via Valhalla Permadeath Guild (Ghallanda Server)

• The static group will run one time per week.
• Tuesday Nights starting at 800 PM EST would be one of the times.
• You would have to start at Level 1 and we would wait or try to wait for all to level at the same time.

If your character dies he could bring another member in the guild (if you have one) or be replaced by a re-roll if at the lower levels.

You will have to join the guild and put “Static” in your last name slot.
All Valhalla Guild rules will be followed –
• no rez shrines
• limited total rez to base Con
• No gifts from outside guildies
• No use of AH
• No buying from Brokers
• no buying consumable magic
• limits on trading
• Open quests on the highest setting.
• No PUGS
• No spoilers
• Anyone dies ALL recall and reset (even if he is rezzed)

Each group member would take a turn and pick a quest chain or series of shorter quests.

Players new to DDO are welcome.

Each character would start on Korthos but SKIP the tutorial. First night’s run would be to GET OFF Korthos for good!

Typically – we will attempt to do all options – particularly the scary ones!

Our goal is to introduce those who "may" be interested in running a no twink, gritty Permadeath character.

Reply via PM on Valhalla Boards or reply to the thread there, or talk to me in game.
I’d like to start this by the end of the month.

This is a good chance to try PD if you haven’t.
Thank you for your indulgence of this post.

KG Wiking

KGWiking
01-25-2009, 12:04 AM
At this time we have a party of four who will be starting new PD toons - three are new to the ruleset.

Another guildie has said he would also run a group for those who are interested in trying this rule set out if we have more than six total.

We will be starting on Tuesday say 9pm EST, but try to be there about 830. Use PM or reply to let me know if you are interested.

KG

Thadion
01-25-2009, 12:35 AM
I would love to join you, i usually play on Sarlona, but could make a char on your server to play something like that.
let me see if i understand correctly though.
no healing potions to be bought.
only use what you find in game.
if you die, your dead unless we are high enough level to have a cleric with raise dead??

Correct??

kudesnik
01-25-2009, 01:00 AM
I am playing PD on Sarlona, with EE guild. Your rules looks bit hardcore which is probably ok :), however I can't stand name Static as my last name. :)

KGWiking
01-25-2009, 01:59 PM
I would love to join you, i usually play on Sarlona, but could make a char on your server to play something like that.
let me see if i understand correctly though.
no healing potions to be bought.
only use what you find in game.
if you die, your dead unless we are high enough level to have a cleric with raise dead??

Correct??

Pretty much it. You can trade oils for healing etc.

Basically -
NoRez Shrines
Any die all recall/reset even if rez
No AH (buying or selling)
No Buying from Brokers (Selling ok)
No Buying Consumable magic (house favor buffs okay)

Pretty much it.

Hope to see you!

KG

KGWiking
01-25-2009, 02:00 PM
I am playing PD on Sarlona, with EE guild. Your rules looks bit hardcore which is probably ok :), however I can't stand name Static as my last name. :)

I OOPSED> I meant to put in your biography. that way you won't be annoyed by tells :)

KG

KGWiking
01-27-2009, 03:53 PM
From the tells and PM's I believe that a full Permadeath Static Group will launch forth from Korthos tonight at 9pm EST. If more show up a vet hand has agreed to work with a second group.

I hope to see many who replied in PM there!

KG

KGWiking
02-04-2009, 11:13 PM
The "Fab Five" have run one night and had an aborted attempt on the night of the server deaths!

For those who may still have interest in playing within a dedicated team within a PD ruleset Valhalla PD Guild will be establishing another "in house dedicated team group".

This second group will run Sunday Nights (definite) from 6pm EST to 11PM EST (times are tentative).

We have three members who are definites, four maybes, and a few "I don't knows"

You must have finished all of Korthos - while in our guild - and be no less than lvl 2 and no more than lvl 4.

If we have more than six member join, and that looks likely, we will split into two static teams and enjoy some healthy competition.

If you are interested in further information about this group please refer to the "Static Groups" section on our board.

Thank you!

KG

Joras
02-11-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm very interested in the Sunday group. Let me know if there still is room, I'll make a character on the server either way.

Thanks
Joras

KGWiking
02-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Joras -

The Sunday Group has a full team of six, and the Tuesday Group is called the Fab Five for an obvious reason.

There is also talk of a semi static group forming on Saturday/Sunday Mornings (PST) they plan to start next week.

However, our guild is doing pretty well. Currently we have about 30 registered on our site and have 70 toons on our roster. Only about 10 haven't played in the last week, and most of those are ones with multi-toons who keep a toon or two in reserve in case of an untimely demise.

The vast majority of our toons are in the lower levels - but two who have put a halt on things are one or two quests from qualifying for lvl 10 (mostly duoed things). Also, most players hold out levelling until forced to do so. Various reasons - I do that because I want to make sure I have a lot of toons who could be useful for any of the groups.

In any case I hope you can get by and run with us. If you are interested in a set time, there has been some talk of another static group, and although I couldn't commit to it, I'd be happy to be a guest star and I'm sure you could find some to run with a set group.

KG