PDA

View Full Version : Kids guilds on Khyber?

Zigana
01-16-2009, 07:06 AM
My 9 year old son has been playing for the past three weeks or so and seems to have gotten the hang of the game with out much difficulty.

However, his current way of getting a party together is to run around the harbor or market and randomly blind invite people. It works well enough that he usually has a few people in a party with him and he's made it to lvl 5 I think, but I know it's also annoyed some people (yes, I've explained to him one invite is enough, repeatedly mashing the invite button over and over again until they give in is not the way to go!).

I also worry about the idea of adult players being in a group with him and saying inappropriate things, not knowing a child is present. I have turned off his voice chat for the time being, but he is old enough to read, dangit! So, I'm hoping there is a child friendly guild I can join him to and that he can run with that won't pose problems. Either one that has several children in it that he can play with on a regular basis (preferable) or one that has adults that can handle being patient with impetious young ones that like to run in with axes swinging and aggro'ing 50 kobolds at one time!!

I'm excited that the game I've loved for years has found a way into his heart as well, I would love to be able to continue encouraging him to explore it. If you have a guild that he would be welcome in, or maybe even starting one if we don't have one that fits the bill, please let me know!

He's usually on early afternoon-early evenings PST.

Inc_Doc
01-17-2009, 10:37 PM
We have a JR guild YARK thats made up of younger player and overseen by Mature Adventures Club. Check them out when you see them running around.

Zigana
01-19-2009, 06:09 AM
We have a JR guild YARK thats made up of younger player and overseen by Mature Adventures Club. Check them out when you see them running around.

I will look for them, thanks :)

vainangel
01-19-2009, 07:21 AM
If you see any of my toons feel free to add me. I do not mind young players and the people I normally play with are always polite and understanding. Have a wide range of levels.

unionyes
01-19-2009, 12:00 PM
I am running on Khyber currently and enjoy grouping with kids. I have five of them myself, ranging in age from 12 to 4, and they are often nearby when I am playing, so any group with decent language and behaviour is a plus for me too.

Currently on Khyber I have four toons, Greasycat sorc 13, Sciatica Pally 10, Picksie Rogue 8, and Reformschool Wizzie 6. Feel free to look me up.