PDA

View Full Version : Dragontouched "randomness"

Strakeln
12-31-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm guessing this was documented somewhere on the forums, but figured I'd share some insight myself and friends (particularly neroist & deadkitty) have come up with regarding Dragontouched crafting... specifically, that it is not completely random.

Here is what we have discovered. Note that we have not done ridiculously extensive testing, so our conclusions may be a bit off:

1) Eldrich/Tempest/Soverign runes have the property they will apply to your armor coded in when you pick it up. We discovered this after noticing that some runes stacked with each other (ex: 2 tempest runes stacking, but another one won't stack with them). If you use one of the two stacked runes and it gives you effect X, using the other stacked rune will give you effect X as well.

Meaning, if you use a rune from a stack and you like the result, store it and make note of it for a future set of armor (or to revert back if you want to try for other options).

2) Reward lists from Draconic Runes appear to be in a static order. So, if you turn in Draconic Runes for one Tempest rune, make note of which one you selected.

I am unsure if the list is completely static or if it is static on a per-character or per-account basis. I assume it is the former, that everyone's list is in the same order. This means that if we assemble a list of the rune order in the reward list, we will be able to completely eliminate the random element of armor crafting.

Again, I apologize if this is old news, and please note that research is still ongoing. Please feel free to help with the research.

etelan
12-31-2008, 12:48 PM
1) Eldrich/Tempest/Soverign runes have the property they will apply to your armor coded in when you pick it up. We discovered this after noticing that some runes stacked with each other (ex: 2 tempest runes stacking, but another one won't stack with them). If you use one of the two stacked runes and it gives you effect X, using the other stacked rune will give you effect X as well.

Quite true, although not enormously helpful.

2) Reward lists from Draconic Runes appear to be in a static order. So, if you turn in Draconic Runes for one Tempest rune, make note of which one you selected.

I find this very unlikely as the soverign rune reward list is 10 runes long and there are 30 different upgrades.

Beherit_Baphomar
12-31-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm guessing this was documented somewhere on the forums, but figured I'd share some insight myself and friends (particularly neroist & deadkitty) have come up with regarding Dragontouched crafting... specifically, that it is not completely random.

Here is what we have discovered. Note that we have not done ridiculously extensive testing, so our conclusions may be a bit off:

Meaning, if you use a rune from a stack and you like the result, store it and make note of it for a future set of armor (or to revert back if you want to try for other options).

I am unsure if the list is completely static or if it is static on a per-character or per-account basis. I assume it is the former, that everyone's list is in the same order. This means that if we assemble a list of the rune order in the reward list, we will be able to completely eliminate the random element of armor crafting.

Again, I apologize if this is old news, and please note that research is still ongoing. Please feel free to help with the research.

Ohhh you mean stacking in yer inventory, and not stacking as in Icy Rainments and Chattering Ring.......hmmmmm verrrry interesting.

Qzipoun
12-31-2008, 12:50 PM
#1 is true (and pretty much discovered on day 1 ;))

#2 doesn't SOUND true and I would be surprised if it were but I've stopped grinding for SoS prep too long ago to know for sure.

Mindspat
12-31-2008, 12:58 PM
I wonder if I can get 30 individual stacks of Soverign Runes...

Turial
12-31-2008, 01:16 PM

1 is true. 2 is not true 15 eldrich and tempest rune turn ins have shown me that option 1 on the list can be yield different effects. My first eldrich rune on the list was heavy fort but the second time I took it, it was greater fire resistance. A few times since then I have gotten heavy fort again but I eventually got my desired +5 resistance from the first rune choice on the list.

Strakeln
12-31-2008, 02:05 PM
1 is true. 2 is not true 15 eldrich and tempest rune turn ins have shown me that option 1 on the list can be yield different effects. My first eldrich rune on the list was heavy fort but the second time I took it, it was greater fire resistance. A few times since then I have gotten heavy fort again but I eventually got my desired +5 resistance from the first rune choice on the list.Cool, thanks for the additional input (to others above as well).

I'll keep seeing what can be seen, slowly of course (too many chars, heh).

Jay203
12-31-2008, 02:41 PM
and then we have the devs panicking "Oh noes! they're gonna figure out the whole vast and mysterious-ness!:eek::eek::eek:"
:D:D:D