PDA

View Full Version : Quitting the game

grunard1
12-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Goodbye turbine. I am leaving the game. I have already cancelled my account, after more than two years of loyal play. I just can't take it anymore, i am tired of breaking my heart trying to solo an unsoloable game. Even with hirelings, its just too hard. My latest escapade had every wraith in delera's gang up on me at once. 6 wraiths, what the hell am i supposed to do against 6 wraiths? I am really sorry, this is the best game out there in many ways, and the only game true to DND. I just can't take it anymore. I don't want to group, as the intention of grouping, team play, has fallen by the wayside, not only are most , MOST people zergers now, but they are proud of being a zerger. Team play is dead in this game, and its impossible to solo even with hirelings. Believe me i have tried. Goodbye. I am going to your more boring game, lotro, where you will not make money off me because i am already a lifetime subscriber. Goodbye.

Boldrin
12-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Goodbye turbine. I am leaving the game. I have already cancelled my account, after more than two years of loyal play. I just can't take it anymore, i am tired of breaking my heart trying to solo an unsoloable game. Even with hirelings, its just too hard. My latest escapade had every wraith in delera's gang up on me at once. 6 wraiths, what the hell am i supposed to do against 6 wraiths? I am really sorry, this is the best game out there in many ways, and the only game true to DND. I just can't take it anymore. I don't want to group, as the intention of grouping, team play, has fallen by the wayside, not only are most , MOST people zergers now, but they are proud of being a zerger. Team play is dead in this game, and its impossible to solo even with hirelings. Believe me i have tried. Goodbye. I am going to your more boring game, lotro, where you will not make money off me because i am already a lifetime subscriber. Goodbye.

Lol, go buy a dungeon crawling computer game if you want to solo. DDO is supposed to be team based, and I guess if after 2 years you can't solo Deleras, something is wrong, lol. I have a feeling if you did nothing but solo, you won't be severely missed

Spisey
12-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Chill touch is your friend! I agree, if you can't solo SOME quests after 2 years it is either your abilities or poor builds for it. I suppose you can go farm tomacco and stick that in your pipe.

Ollathir
12-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Delera's, part 2, completly unsoloable. Someone has to pull the switch.

Wizzly_Bear
12-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Delera's, part 2, completly unsoloable. Someone has to pull the switch.
hireling?

Boldrin
12-28-2008, 05:18 PM
hireling?

They are worthless and a detriment to the game a complete waste of resources. Please Devs, just chalk them up as a mistake and work on making the game better, not hirelings.

Spisey
12-28-2008, 05:22 PM
They are worthless and a detriment to the game a complete waste of resources. Please Devs, just chalk them up as a mistake and work on making the game better, not hirelings.
Actually I think it should be more like stop making the game better, make it bigger! and snappy! :D

query
12-28-2008, 05:23 PM
because you're not happy with the SOLO content options is assanine. Instead of spending all this energy complaining about this, you should have been looking for guilds and groups that "go slow, no spoilers, no zerg."

But you condemmed all pugs and tried to revamp an entire system to run the way you want to.

I suggest going to WoW where you can try to solo up to Level 50 or whatever before the grind hits. Since when you see how grouping is handled there (especially for raids and rare spawns) you'll never group again.

Oh yeah:

Can I have your stuff?

Korvek
12-28-2008, 05:29 PM

Hirelings are useful.

Not good, not amazing, not terrible. Just pretty average. They perform some nice functions for a small fee.

sirgog
12-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Hirelings are useful.

Not good, not amazing, not terrible. Just pretty average. They perform some nice functions for a small fee.

Hirelings are a great thing to have for the dead levels, 6-12. Duoing quests is much easier now.

Tyrande
12-28-2008, 05:52 PM

I found hirelings useful if you are solo-ing an encounter area. Of course, buff them up first! It is also useful for the low and mid-levels.

I like the caster and cleric hirelings. Casters because they have good spells *and* more spells than the real player casters and clerics because of their superior divine vitalities (which is better than 90% of the real clerics out there).

Wizzly_Bear
12-28-2008, 05:58 PM
no doubt they suck, but im pretty sure they can pull a lever

Mhykke
12-28-2008, 06:59 PM
no doubt they suck, but im pretty sure they can pull a lever

Yep, you can do deleras part 2 just fine w/ a hireling to pull the lever now.