PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Account

DME543
12-26-2008, 10:42 AM
If I have DDO account already and want to start a new account. What are the steps? Do I need to buy a new digital Download or can I just sign up for a new account?
Thanks

perplexious
12-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Someone else can probably confirm this, but you shouldn't have to create a new install of the game. You would just need to create a new account and just login with the 2nd account credentials with the same game shortcut/install.

OldRogue1
12-26-2008, 10:54 AM
I have three accounts and if I remember correctly you need the activation key (digital or hard copy) to creat a new account. You can mange them from a single account management login after creation.

Victorie
12-29-2008, 11:52 AM
You will have to buy a second copy of the game, but don't need to install it twice. You need the product key from the second copy to create the second account. You can create it as a separate account, with a separate username, or you can create a second subscription on your current account with a different nickname. If you want a separate username, be sure to say 'No' when the Account Management site asks if you already have an account.

Also, feel free to refer yourself to a different email than the one on file, and gain a free month after your first paid month on the new subscription. ;)

Strakeln
12-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Before you go buy another copy, call Turbine CS. I *think* I remember someone saying they just added another account by doing this, I'm not certain though... worth a check if you have a few spare minutes.

Impaqt
12-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Since you can Buy the game for $15 now theres really no benefit to not buying it... The Game comes with a free month anyway.....

Zenako
12-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Since you can Buy the game for $15 now theres really no benefit to not buying it... The Game comes with a free month anyway.....

Actually can pick up new copies on EBAY, etc for well short of $15. Usually pay more for shipping.

PurdueDave
12-29-2008, 12:49 PM
$5 at Game Smut the other day.

lazlow
12-29-2008, 12:58 PM
I did not purchase a 2nd copy of the game, I just went to premium services and added another acct...it was easy. same password same everything save a different acct name designated by you. after you log in it will ask you which one of your accounts you would like to access.