PDA

View Full Version : Green Steel Deconstruction

al73r
12-17-2008, 02:44 PM
I know this is a dead horse by now. I can't help but bring it up.

Any info from the devs on this would be great. Any future on deconstruction?? Mod9 maybe 10,11???

Any info at all. I love rolling new characters .. I hate grinding shroud.

Bracosius
12-17-2008, 02:47 PM
I shall give the horse a swift kick, I would also like to know if this may be possible in the future.

Lorien_the_First_One
Oh gee...another thread... I'm sure they missed the big long one that's been running for the past week or so.

Borror0
Congratulations. You just opened Pandora's Box.;)

Green Steel reconstruction is needed. Especially if they are going to nerf Green Steels.

Oh, and as Memnir would say:
http://www.bittermancircle.com/my%20images/BeatDeadHorse.gif

al73r
12-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Oh gee...another thread... I'm sure they missed the big long one that's been running for the past week or so.

I will continue to bring it up until:

1.They create a deconstruction/reconstruction option
2. Say " It will never happen"

I think the request for info should be answered. People have been wondering for some time.

Turial
12-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Congratulations. You just opened Pandora's Box.;)

Green Steel reconstruction is needed. Especially if they are going to nerf Green Steels.

Oh, and as Memnir would say:
http://www.bittermancircle.com/my%20images/BeatDeadHorse.gif

Poor Buttercup....

Bracosius
12-17-2008, 03:18 PM

Since the thread is huge and no dev has responded I will also assume they did.

All they need to do is give us some answer.

How about multiple choice:

1. No, it will never happen.

2. Maybe, we think it would be fine to have, we will look into making it possible.

3. Yes, it will be available in the future.

4. We have not yet determined the ramifications of making greensteel deconstructable. We will mull this over and get back to you within one year. But we have heard your requests, so for the love of god stop making threads about it.

al73r
12-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Nice response Bracosius :-)

That is exactly what i'm getting at.

Any information is better than nothing at all.

Borror0
12-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Since the thread is huge and no dev has responded I will also assume they did.
I'd say that the tone in the thread will keep any developer out.

al73r
12-18-2008, 12:28 PM
day 2

Any news devs????

Qzipoun
12-18-2008, 12:53 PM
How about the simple general non-shroud "Deconstruction" we were promised for crafting... in what, mod 8? ...

Josh
12-18-2008, 12:57 PM
I'd say that the tone in the thread will keep any developer out.

They need to suck it up then and drive on.

Jay203
12-18-2008, 12:58 PM
i vote on taking out greensteel and put in some other type of crafting :D:D

Borror0
12-18-2008, 01:23 PM
They need to suck it up then and drive on.
Doesn't work that way. If I was a developer, I wouldn't post in that thread. I'd get eaten alive.

Also, it's not the developers' fault most likely. I'm sure they want to tell us as much as possible, but higher ups don't let them.

Bracosius
12-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Doesn't work that way. If I was a developer, I wouldn't post in that thread. I'd get eaten alive.

Also, it's not the developers' fault most likely. I'm sure they want to tell us as much as possible, but higher ups don't let them.

Disagree. We are customers, we have questions. No matter what answer a dev gives half of the people will complain while half rejoice. It doesn't mean aswering questions should be avoided, regardless of the "tone" of a thread. If I avoided answering my customers questions because I didn't like their tone I would be out of business fast.

I know the devs don't really have time to answer every question that is asked on the forum, but some certainly stand out when a thread gets pages long. And if they need "permission" to answer a question as you imply, then they should go and get it.

It has become obvious by similiar threads appearing frequently on certain topics that we, the customers, would like some answers. And it may be a fact that the answers are not what we want to hear, but as long as it is the truth I would be satisfied that it was acknowledged.

Some answers may be a simple form of, "No, we do not intend to add that at this time." or "We would like to do that but the resources to make it possible are not available at this time." or "No, that is a stupid idea and why you do not work for an MMO company."

I would love greensteel deconstruction because I have items from the early experimental phase that are junk. In reality I don't think we will see greensteel deconstruction for what may be a variety of reasons:

Diffucult to code, not worth having a dev spend time on that when new content is requested.

Defeats the purpose of having the player base discover recipes.

Defeats the spirit of manfacturing items. (good luck getting the eggs out of a cake)

They never thought about allowing that and will get back to us after a couple meetings.

Just No, because they don't want think about all the game consequences that could arise from coding problems to game economy issues.

But what do I know, maybe the answer is something completly different.

There are plenty of things that could be said about this issue and a few others that are brought up on a regular basis. I think a negative answer, even though unpopular, would be better then no asnwer at all.