PDA

View Full Version : Character Signatures Are Here!

Pages : [1] 2

Tolero
12-16-2008, 03:15 PM
We're pleased to announce a brand new feature for DDO players: Character signatures! You can now generate a graphical sig with information about any of your characters. Pick the one you want to display on the DDO forums, or copy the HTML so you can show off your characters on other forums and web pages!

Example:

http://ddoimages.level3.turbine.com/files/62/03/90/64/1511.png

Character Signature FAQ

Q: What do I need to do to display my character?
A: In your User CP, choose Edit Signature. Select your character from the list and specify the style of portrait you wish to use (or no portrait to display a DDO icon). Copy the code which appears in the box, and paste it into your forum signature to use it on our forums.

Q: The portrait for my character doesn't look like my character at all!
A: Portraits are only a representative of your character's race and gender. You can choose to display a generic icon instead of the portrait, if you prefer.

Q: How many characters can I display at a time?
A: You can display one at a time on the DDO forums.

Q: Which characters are available to display?
A: All of your characters of any level on any server you play on are available.

Q: What if I don't want to view the signatures?
A: You can enable or disable the display of graphical signatures in your User CP. If you choose not to display the graphical sig, the forums will display the user's text signature by default.

Q: How do I display the signature on another forum or website?
A: You can display the signature anywhere the HTML image tag is supported! In your User CP, choose the character you want to display; then copy and paste the pre-generated HTML in the second text box into the forum or website you want to use it on.

Q: How often does my signature update?
A: Currently, character information is updated approximately every 24 hours.

Q: What is the PVP data available to display in my signature?
A: Your total kills and deaths in Death-match PVP instances is available to display on your signature image. Tavern Brawl deaths and kills are not included in these totals.

Q: I have my character signature and text in my signature, but they're getting cut off!
A: Your signature height is limited to 200 pixels, so adding text above the graphic will push it down and subject it to clipping, and vice versa.

Q: What is all this snow on my character signature!?
A: As a special treat for the holidays, we've created holiday themed character signatures! After the holidays, the standard signatures, including race/class icons, will be available again. Happy Holidays from all of us at DDO!

Q: There's something wrong with my signature! I don't have the choices I want and I see wrong information.
A: Please note that this is a beta of the character signatures and there are still some issues you may encounter. If you do encounter issues, please post here to the thread with a description of what is wrong, and also include information such as the server of the affected character(s), if you've ever had a server transfer/rename, and the level of the affected character(s).

Vahyor
12-16-2008, 05:51 PM
I'm missing 3 of my characters on Argonnessen =)

Raegoul
12-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Excellent Fluff, thank you much appreciated :D

Now give us similar fluff in game please ;)

Tolero
12-16-2008, 05:54 PM
There may be a few wrinkles here and there...

- If your character is level 1, it may not show in the character sigs.
- If you had a name change or server transfer, you may not see that character available to display, or the signature may show outdated information
- The holiday signatures offer with and without festive decoration. After the holidays, actual race/gender icons will be available again.
- PvP stats do not display by default - you must select to display them.

and as I cross anything else, I'll bring more updates, but those are a few that you may encounter right off the bat.

DaveyCrockett
12-16-2008, 05:54 PM
I think you have some Risia characters popping up on the selection list! :eek:

Paragon
12-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Character Signatures
Select one of the fabulous signatures from the list of your characters below!

You have no characters

Ummm....is there something I'm supposed to do before going to edit my sig to get my characters to show up?

Raegoul
12-16-2008, 05:57 PM

- If you had a name change or server transfer, you may not see that character available to display, or the signature may show outdated information
- The holiday signatures offer with and without festive decoration. After the holidays, actual race/gender icons will be available again.

and as I cross anything else, I'll bring more updates, but those are a few that you may encounter right off the bat.
I have horrible Choices two i would never use.

While i started on Aundair, i switched to Argonessian straight away and then i restarted on Khyber after 9months. Khyber is my Home and Antir is my preferred Choice.

Wizzly_Bear
12-16-2008, 05:58 PM
i'm missing all of thelanis, and my othr servers have characters from ages ago that i dont even have anymore. also, missing several from the time between ages ago and present.

Galbbatorix
Does the PVP data option mean we are getting leader boards anytime soon http://forums.ddo.com/images/icons/icon5.gif

Lithic
Weird, I have TWO choices of Psych on argonessan (same spelling), and can also choose Vortex, my short-lived permadeath character that I deleted months back. Instead, I do NOT have the choice of Storageunit, my walking bank character that ismuch older than most of my other characters hehe.

Vahyor
12-16-2008, 05:59 PM

The character in question I wanted has been capped for a while, and has always been on Argo =(

Edit: On the other hand, I can choose a level 3 I created only a couple weeks back.

Balkas
12-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Ummm....is there something I'm supposed to do before going to edit my sig to get my characters to show up?

Yeah, apparently I have no characters either :).

These definitely look cool though.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Ah, I have seen this in the LOTRO forums. I'll be interested to see if anyone uses it, associating yourself with just one char seems so....un D&D. So what will people pick...nothing...their first char...their favorite... their current favorite...their current lowbie...

KoboldKiller
12-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Yay LoTRO,oops, um I mean yay DDO. :D

KatanAztar
12-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Most of my characters dont work

Lifeblood
12-16-2008, 06:06 PM
it only showing characters that no longer exist

Kanamycin
12-16-2008, 06:07 PM
not getting any characters either

Thriand
12-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Most of my characters dont work
Your characters are too uber for signatures

valorik
12-16-2008, 06:09 PM
sweet, I have old characters from about a year ago, I'm going to guess ou brought risia down for reimporting, and updated the characters with that data :)

bobbryan2
12-16-2008, 06:10 PM

There's some mix up either between servers.. or maybe with Risia.

I'm missing my two capped characters I always play... and on the list I have character I don't even really remember making from 2 years ago.

Something is really wonky. Mod 2 had just come out for some of these guys.

DelScorcho
Very Nice

Borror0
The image is pretty big, I'd suggest you'd consider making it smaller?

Oh, by the way, that image is could for forums outside DDO:
http://ddosigs.level3.turbine.com/0521800000009cee1/signature.png

Lorien_the_First_One
12-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Just for fun I checked... all that is showing up for me is my mule (pre server merger)and my most recently created char. The rest of the family isn't showing up, nor are the small number of chars I have on other servers.

Calozz78
12-16-2008, 06:12 PM
test

Borror0
12-16-2008, 06:13 PM
By the way, the black space between each post you just added looks weird.

No idea if it's intentional, but it doesn't really good.

spyderwolf
12-16-2008, 06:13 PM
test

why arent you logged on vulger? lol silly bastige

swooshrp
12-16-2008, 06:14 PM
I am missing 6 of my toons, but show 3 toons that I do not play anymore, 1 being a deleted toon.

Yay for the downtime!!! :D

GoldyGopher
12-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Okay, simple question, since most of the toons listed on my list have been deleted for more than a year, when we getting an updated list?

How about Guild Information as well?

Anthios888
12-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Awesome!

Seems like only the drow graphics are working?

Tollaris
12-16-2008, 06:20 PM
ok in the PVP info... X = Kills and Skull = Deaths? Just guessing this is the case....

Dexxaan
12-16-2008, 06:23 PM
ok in the PVP info... X = Kills and Skull = Deaths? Just guessing this is the case....

Yep.

Although I don't recall 14 Deaths in Deathmatches.... I want a FL recount! :D

Seelie
12-16-2008, 06:23 PM
My oldest character, Vinyl, is missing from my list ... as are one or two others. I only wanted a sig for Vinyl tho :(

GrayOldDruid
12-16-2008, 06:25 PM

Hawksfire

Uh... nope.. not my character, my character's NAME, but I am Human and all cleric - 16th level too. Also missing my MAIN character and three others.

Quanefel
12-16-2008, 06:25 PM
This sucks. I am only getting two characters of mine showing up, both of which are low level and were rerolled into newer characters long ago. *Sighs* :(

moorewr
12-16-2008, 06:26 PM
One of my deleted characters is in the list, and very few of my characters can have a racial icon.. just a couple of the drow do.

Nice fluff. Now go back to making quests! :cool:

barecm
12-16-2008, 06:37 PM
No characters to display. :(

Marketroid
12-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Sorry for the data inconsistencies some of you are seeing. As a beta release we were expecting some issues and we'll investigate all reported problems. No ETA yet on the next version, but stay tuned. Sigs are just the beginning. We've got lots more cool web features coming for DDO in the months ahead.

Thanks for trying the new sigs!

Barhai
12-16-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm missing about 13 characters on Khyber...:(

Mhykke
12-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Sorry for the data inconsistencies some of you are seeing. As a beta release we were expecting some issues and we'll investigate all reported problems. No ETA yet on the next version, but stay tuned. Sigs are just the beginning. We've got lots more cool web features coming for DDO in the months ahead.

I figured something was amiss when my lvl 16 halfling cleric showed up on the sig as a lvl 7 dwarf 6 cleric/1 paladin :)

Dylos_Moon
12-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Even though my account expires tomorrow, I thought I'd add this to the thread.

Transferred characters still remain on the server list of their original server, and deleted characters exist on the list.

Also, said transferred character is labeled as the wrong level on their original server.

http://ddosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420b0000000ac159/signature.png
http://ddosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420b000000067174/signature.png
http://ddosigs.level3.turbine.com/0521600000002feec/signature.png This is the transfered character, her level is wrong, and she's on sarlona now.

Mithran
12-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Very cool feature. I wish my characters qualified.

Holgar
12-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Wish my main (Holgar!) were on the list. But this is still pretty cool.

Holgar

KLBen
12-16-2008, 07:06 PM
You know this is just great, finally get a cool way to display my character, and I'm going to reroll him, sheesh, thanks alot guys. :)

Holgar
12-16-2008, 07:07 PM
OK, got the sig to show this time...

Gol
12-16-2008, 07:08 PM
All 3 of my main characters, Gol, Verbal, and Baldino, do not appear on my list. A character I deleted almost a month ago is still on the list, though.

DropList
12-16-2008, 07:09 PM
pretty cool...too bad tavern brawls dont show up:) Any way to clear the counter...as those were when leveling up and I look more gimp than i AM:)

Littlemo
12-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Any idea why one of my toons does not show up???

other wise pretty cool

Tat2Freak
12-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Any reason my drow sorc shows a picture, but all my WF have the generic icon?

Future
12-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Only one of my capped toons are listed...I have 4 :(
I will wait until they fix it.

Inspire
12-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Only one of my capped toons are listed...I have 4 :(
I will wait until they fix it.

Qft. I have close to 12 capped toons and only 2 are showing. I have about 12 other choices of toons in between 2-6 I never cant and didnt rememeber that I actually ever made them, heh.

Jay203
12-16-2008, 07:39 PM
um..... the character lists aren't updated AT ALL for mine
all the choices i have are characters i've deleted like an yr ago (and i don't even remember them existing anymore until i saw the names in the list)
argh!

Donnie
12-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Hehe weird, none of my new characters are there and I have characters listed from a year ago that I deleted a long time ago. Crazy they still have this kind of info lying around :D

12-16-2008, 07:45 PM

Mine works too!

QuantumFX
12-16-2008, 07:48 PM
The only things I don't like are that the signatures don't allow multiple characters and take up a gigantic amount of screen real estate. Any way you guys could offer roll overs on names?

Ustice
12-16-2008, 07:51 PM
My main doesn't exist, and can you spot the problem with my second character? :)

Usti

Ghoste
12-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Q: Which characters are available to display?
A: All of your characters of any level on any server you play on are available.

WRONG.

My main character on my main server is not even available. Well done.:rolleyes:

Yet another reason, which I'm sure you'll ignore as you always do, to test stuff before implementing it.

Qzipoun
12-16-2008, 08:07 PM
I can't decide on what character to use... so I guess I'll have to make some sort of random sig script to cycle through them :)

Verlock
12-16-2008, 08:09 PM
i have a problem with mine, its not showing my high lvl chars.

greystone306
12-16-2008, 08:09 PM
It has me as no Characters as well, I wonder if this is related to the problem a while ago where it didn't give out candy canes due to upgrading from a trial to a paying account that some had(it was either Candy Canes or Dragonshards I forget which)

wemery73
12-16-2008, 08:11 PM
pretty cool thanks

Osharan_Tregarth
12-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Hmmmm... five of my nine current argo characters are showing up, along with three deleted characters.

Mockduck
12-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Someone needs to multiclass a character with a level or two in every class, just so they can have the most icons in the sig of anyone on the forums.

Qzipoun
12-16-2008, 08:31 PM

Looks like it's not WF icons that don't show up but rather Drow icons are the only ones that do.

12-16-2008, 08:38 PM
I can't decide on what character to use... so I guess I'll have to make some sort of random sig script to cycle through them :)

I heard you can only make these sigs if you play the game :)

GreenGurgler
12-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Neet idea!

I agree with an earlier poster who said "neat fluff, now can we get some fluff like this in game?"

DoctorWhofan
12-16-2008, 08:44 PM

It only lists 6 toons for me, and not my MAIN!!!!!!! BOOO!:(:(:(

Qzipoun
12-16-2008, 08:44 PM
I heard you can only make these sigs if you play the game :)

:(

MTG
12-16-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm missing some of mine as well, looks like it's my Risa list.

xman26
12-16-2008, 08:48 PM

Why does the server merge have any bearing on the characters available to use for signatures?
Why aren't characters that have been active for the past 3m or more available to use that were made after the merge?

DoctorWhofan
12-16-2008, 08:57 PM
FYI: they are in alphabetical order.
I am missing my pre server merge people: Trissa, Sousake, Kleo. THose are the ones I want to display!

I dunno why Mulder's off the list. thetenth was explained for recent move to Khyber.

Overall, NEAT! However, I would wonder for a future date, if the pix on there could be our actual toons. Guild names, 28/32 pt. builds and "born" dates would be groovy. But please, Iron out current issues first!

Lawst
12-16-2008, 09:03 PM
How about Guild Information as well?

/signed

Solmage
12-16-2008, 09:05 PM
I just want to say THANKS this is awesome, specially the ability to use the sig in other forums. Great Christmas present :)

Good luck getting the kinks ironed out!

Talon_Moonshadow
12-16-2008, 09:21 PM
My first and main char is missing. :(
And i have chars listed that were deleted over year ago!

Well, still a nice touch.

Ringos
12-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Thumbs up.

That being said, Ringos, my oldest character (and namesake) doesn't appear. In fact, only 2 of my current stable show up. A LOT of outdated alts.

I can wait though. :)

Geonis
12-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Mine gives the option of 6 characters. All of which have been deleted for well over a year. None of my current characters (from my original launch character to the ones started a month ago) are available.

hydra_ex
12-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Very nice touch, yet, as most people, I have 1 characters who I can't remember creating showing up, and one of my favorite characters showing up.

Arkat
12-16-2008, 09:50 PM
What's wrong with this picture?

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee191/BlackArkat/Signature.jpg

I'll give you a hint. All my important toons are on Khyber (for their current levels, check out my signature at the bottom of any of my posts). Luya was just a test character on Sarlona my wife rolled up many months ago.

P.S. I used to be on Aundair before the merge.

Junts
12-16-2008, 09:51 PM
works fine for me; guild would be a great addition, sure its already been posted though

ChadMan
12-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Were do i make that?

Borror0
12-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Were do i make that?

Try here (http://forums.ddo.com/profile.php?do=editsignature).

Scipio
12-16-2008, 10:09 PM
I wants to see me sig.

Ahhhhh its purdee!

TreknaQudane
12-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks for this addition :)

Tin_Dragon
12-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Yeat another waste of time Turbine style, half thought, half planned, half executed.

Yeah, and UP TO DATE list of characters, levels, and classes would be better.

No WF pics on my list, at all either, just a funny looking wreath for a WF pic.

This must have been the TOP SECRET secret.

DropList
12-16-2008, 10:33 PM
So how often does the pvp count update???

DarKStorM
12-16-2008, 10:45 PM
The only characters that show up for me are ones i havent had in forever!! Plus, there are only three showing up at all.

Brianius
12-16-2008, 10:46 PM
/happydance

SteeleTrueheart
12-16-2008, 11:00 PM
If there is a list being done for people it is broken for. Add me to it!

Thankfully I have the same name on all servers, even if everything other than Khyber is Level 3 or so...

Tanka
12-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Yeat another waste of time Turbine style, half thought, half planned, half executed.

Yeah, and UP TO DATE list of characters, levels, and classes would be better.

No WF pics on my list, at all either, just a funny looking wreath for a WF pic.

This must have been the TOP SECRET secret.
Because the game coders are sure to be the ones making an addition for a forum. :rolleyes:

Uska
12-16-2008, 11:14 PM
I am missing all but one of my characters on Khyber including one I have had since head start

Hakushi
12-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Hmmm only one of my characters on Khyber is there, and it's a very old before reroll version of my paladin (lvl 4 fighter).

Carelle

greystone306
12-16-2008, 11:50 PM
What's wrong with this picture?

I'll give you a hint. I'm on Khyber and who the heck is Luya?

P.S. I used to be on Aundair before the merge.

At least you have a Luya.. Currently I have the Following...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nope not even my 2 2 year old characters that I still have and 1 of which I still play occasionally...

You have no characters

Memnir
12-17-2008, 12:10 AM
I'm missing quite a few on Thelanis - and several with repeat names from rerolls.
However, the one I'd want to display is one of the missing. :(

DaveyCrockett
12-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Finally perfected minez! :cool:

HeavenlyCloud
12-17-2008, 12:26 AM
Finally perfected minez! :cool:

I don't like it, details on pm. Please change it.

Lundivar
12-17-2008, 12:29 AM
It Works! It does look like the Risia Character List, but still... It works!

Kindoki
12-17-2008, 12:29 AM
Are we reporting no characters through this thread? or the help features? 'cause I got none! Otherwise it sounds like a good idea.

DaveyCrockett
12-17-2008, 12:35 AM
I don't like it, details on pm. Please change it.

Not changing it.

Girde mailed.

Davinna
12-17-2008, 01:33 AM
Apparently, my two subscriptions on the same account have the toons crossed :D. I have all my son's characters to choose from :( Which is a long list since he re-rolls almost monthly.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Sirea
12-17-2008, 01:49 AM
Neat :) I agree with those who said guild name would be a nice addition, if there is a way to code it.

Strahd-BR
12-17-2008, 03:59 AM
This is Great!

Gum
12-17-2008, 04:18 AM
Sweet

Gum
12-17-2008, 04:21 AM

Ty for makin em ;)

CSFurious
12-17-2008, 06:18 AM
but, my signature says level 2

Gordo
12-17-2008, 06:28 AM
You know, I love DDO. I really do. I just don't get Turbine. They want to put something nice in the forums but it is so half baked that the good intent is lost. I don't understand why they wouldn't wait until it simply "works" across the board?

What was the rush to put something out that no one knew about?

Ustice
12-17-2008, 06:34 AM

Hey Marketroid,

Any chance that we will get some sort of API for pulling live/cached data about the game for viewing in other formats?

Wizzly_Bear
12-17-2008, 06:43 AM
You know, I love DDO. I really do. I just don't get Turbine. They want to put something nice in the forums but it is so half baked that the good intent is lost. I don't understand why they wouldn't wait until it simply "works" across the board?

What was the rush to put something out that no one knew about?
qft

Freeman
12-17-2008, 07:28 AM
They look nice, but it would have been more convenient if you had added space to the sig limit. As it stands, I'm not going to be able to change mine until I figure out how I can fit all my characters in there as well.

Memnir
12-17-2008, 07:38 AM
No ETA yet on the next versionDoes this mean the next update on characters available for display, or something else like non-holiday options?
And if you are looking into the issues, here is my full list of problems:
Same name listed multiple times, showing rerolls/different builds for three characters.
One character listed three times - but at different levels of experience (lvls 2, 4, 16).
Many alts (7) listed that have been deleted and unplayed for over a year.
Several characters, high level ones, that are not listed at all. And these are the ones I would want to make a sig out of... not old or non-existent ones.

Are these problems looking at a short-term fix? Or, are these included in the "next version", and I should not look forward to using this feature till then?

Gordo
12-17-2008, 07:49 AM
I'm sorry for essentially re-posting but the above post just kills me. There are more problems than successes LOL!

Why does Turbine (and I ask this strictly from a marketing and brand preservation position) put out laggy or buggy or half baked updates on what appears to be a regular basis? I sincerely and without sarcasm am asking why they put themselves in this position all of the time?

Why don't they just quality test everything before it goes out to the masses. Again - I ask this from a marketing perspective. It makes no sense for people's perception to be that Turbine is "sloppy".

If it was my company and I was a manager there or even a worker, I would be upset at the constant revelations of problems that could have been averted had a better quality check been done first.

I am writing about a bigger picture here in general and I am being sincere. I just couldn't run my business this way and expect loyalty or brand recommendation.

*** Turbine, in all seriousness, why do you put yourself out there with any sort of update without ensuring that the product is essentially bug free? ***

moorewr
12-17-2008, 07:54 AM
*** Turbine, in all seriousness, why do you put yourself out there with any sort of update without ensuring that the product is essentially bug free? ***

http://ddocast.com/2008/12/17/new-ddocom-sigs-turbine-cuts-jobs.aspx

So, I emailed Adam Mersky, Turbine Director of Public Relations. I'd met him at GenCon and he's a good guy. I want to thank him for taking time out of his day to respond to my questions. Here's his official response:

"We are a privately-held company and will not discuss the details regarding the number of our team that were affected. These changes were made across the entire organization in both our MA and CA offices. The changes will not affect the operation of our three games, including DDO, or the customer experience that we are committed to delivering." - Adam Mersky

Okay, so here's what we know:

- Some jobs were cut. probably in QA and tech support (according to GamesIndustry) or "across the board" (according to Mersky). Unknown numbers.
- In both Massachusetts and their new California studios.
- Turbine is still hiring, though (just look at their jobs page).

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about this. To any now-former Turbine employees who might happen to read this, I'm sure I speak for many when I wish you the best of luck in the future during these tough economic times. You're all talented and had a hand in making the uber-fantastic DDO, so you've got a bright future ahead.

Fennario
12-17-2008, 07:58 AM
Don't take this as a complaint because it is not. I'm just pointing out my problem in case it helps with anything.

I have 11 characters to choose from. None of them are in my current stable of 9 characters.

3 of them have the same name as one of my current characters, but none of them match. These were all characters that I created and deleted, keeping the same name.

10 of the 11 are characters that got deleted at least a year and a half ago.

Only 1 character on the list was created since the server merge. (Originally from the Aundair server and now Khyber)

The one character that I have had since I started playing in March '06 is not there.

Braxion
12-17-2008, 08:02 AM
Been playing this game for over two years and started on Aundair (now on Khyber)

I have no characters to choose from, where in game all 10 of my slots are full

Nyvn
12-17-2008, 08:04 AM
My main who I created shortly after release isn't showing in my list, nor are my brand new characters. I'm also getting deleted characters.

Gordo
12-17-2008, 08:05 AM
I saw this but without seeming "cold", their staffing issues should never be allowed to affect the product the "market" sees.

Professionalism must be maintained in good times and bad. Bad times test the grit of any company and the good ones survive... the bad ones don't.

Turbine should make sure they separate their internal staffing issues from end product (in any form). There is no reason or logic into putting something out there that is obviously flawed (again, I am not only talking about the signature update...) and then thinking it is OK to use the excuse we cut back on QA people and that is why it is so!?

Now I know they have not said that directly in any way but if they are cutting staff they should be exceptionally careful in what they release so people's perception is unchanged of the product regardless.

Look at the automotive companies. Could you imagine during the crisis they are in if they cut quality assurance and a car's wheels fell off on the highway? I am not being extreme. I am giving an example of how economic issues can not trump quality or you destroy the brand over time. Either you are in it to win or you should fold. The middle ground leads to competitiveness erosion, quality erosion, price erosion, and then ultimately an ugly demise.

I am just painting this and other Turbine issues with a broad stroke so please save any comments about "all of this over a bugged signature update". I am legitimately pointing out real world business management which I frankly believe Turbine is not exactly proficient in to some degree.

liamfrancais
12-17-2008, 08:08 AM
Lets see what it looks like.

Blackbird
12-17-2008, 08:11 AM
Can we get a pink background choice? :D

shores11
12-17-2008, 08:28 AM
Very nice addition and I look forward to having all of our characters displayed as my main server is Kyhber and I can't use any of those characters because they do not show up.

Inkblack
12-17-2008, 08:30 AM

You have no characters

-----------------
Started on Aundair.
Moved to Khyber.
Here's my characters on this account, in rough order of creation:
Started on Aundair:

Gato Jenreaux, 16 human cleric
Inkblack Longshadow, 13 human rogue
Athegian Kiirnodel, 16 elf wizard
Ruhm Kriegschild, 10 Ftr / 3 Pal / 2 Rog dwarf
Inkdrop Longshadow, 16 elf rogue
Inkstone, 16 dwarf fighter
Started on Thelanis pre-merge:

Gato Jenreaux, 3 cleric
Started on Khyber post-merge:

Inkblade, 12 dwarf ranger
Inksong, 16 human bard
Inkstout, 3 halfling rogue
Inkblood, 5 human barbarian
Started on Argonnessen post-merge:

Inkblack, 2 rogue?

The Thelanis and Argo characters are guesses, I know I have something there but they were experiments when Aundair or Khyber were down.

Hope this helps identify any problems. Neat idea.

Ink

akla_thornfist
12-17-2008, 08:38 AM
missing 2 characters both on argo healalot thornfist and tincanakla thornfist, nice work by the way

Qzipoun
12-17-2008, 08:39 AM
Any chance that we will get some sort of API for pulling live/cached data about the game for viewing in other formats?

This would be pretty sweet!

Vorn
12-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks for making this. It looks really cool.:)

Can't wait until you add my created-moments-after-the-servers-went-live-original-namesake-character-who-is-still-my-main to the list of available choices.:(

Taluron
12-17-2008, 08:46 AM

You have no characters

While I realize that Xoriat is the plane of insanity I asure you that I did not imagine creating them.

Gordo
12-17-2008, 08:53 AM
I rest my case.

In_Like_Flynn
12-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Missing some characters, while others long ago deleted are available.

And the signatures take FOREVER to load when viewing forums. I've had to turn signatures off as a result.

Riot
12-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Wouldn't have been alot easier and less resource intensive to simply let us post our own sigs instead of smacking us with the conformity broad sword?

Seriously guys.... Is this where my subscription money went?

binnsr
12-17-2008, 08:59 AM
And the signatures take FOREVER to load when viewing forums.

page load times are just fine when you disable the graphic signatures :)

In_Like_Flynn
12-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Seriously guys.... Is this where my subscription money went?Don't fret: it's been ported form LotRO.

cdbd3rd
12-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Can we get a pink background choice? :D

Gonna second this one for at least a couple other folks who are gonna want that.

(I need all the brownie points I can get.)

...and unlike some *other* Robin Hoods, I can wait patiently for bugs to get squished. :p

Giantsbane
12-17-2008, 09:30 AM

My main character, and my other 3 level 16 characters aren't showing. In fact the only ones that are showing are long gone and never made it past level 5. :(

Giantsbane
12-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Wouldn't have been alot easier and less resource intensive to simply let us post our own sigs instead of smacking us with the conformity broad sword?

Seriously guys.... Is this where my subscription money went?

No, your subscription money went to the corporate air ship.

Bloodhaven
12-17-2008, 09:35 AM
sweet

Dragonhyde
12-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Hmmm apparantly I have a couple of Warforged characters I never knew about :P...interesting feature too bad none of my drow look like the ones in the picture or I would be in a hurry to add that to my sig.

Luthen
12-17-2008, 09:48 AM

I havent read all of this but here is a problem I have found.

Missing my 5 primary characters. Not showing my oldest, and still active character, but is showing my newest and least active characters. Showing an old character which had been deleted a year ago (Eldormado, Halfling Wizard) but not showing his replacement (Eldormadoh, Dwarf Wizard).

Emili
12-17-2008, 10:07 AM

You have no characters

I assume this is because of my exile from Reidra to Khyber... rather then my characters being too illiterate to sign the registry at the immigration offices. Alas, mark my words Reidra, "I will rebuild my armies and return, I shall raise thy throne... to bloody Khyber with my enemies!"

Oh btw... Emili, Rosewood, Amilia, Heathier, Ambyre, Misbehaven and Sgail were Reidra bred (most since the dawn of time)... while Meallach, Einin, Kynah and Myara were born on Khyber. No characters were renamed... however I do know their was a Rosewood on Khyber before mine moved in - Mine won the name due to age (but she's not old for an elf). I do not know if that helps in debugging this.

Irongutz2000
12-17-2008, 10:15 AM
this is cool but it seems only drow r working as intended:D

Tolero
12-17-2008, 10:19 AM
FAQ Update: Please note that this is a beta of the character signatures and there are still some issues you may encounter. If you do encounter issues, please post here to the thread with a description of what is wrong, and also include information such as the server of the affected character(s), if you've ever had a server transfer/rename, and the level of the affected character(s).

We're investigating the signature issues and thanks for all the reports!

Rydlic
12-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Hum.. no, i have not read the entire thread, but I seem to be missing any character that I started in June onwards. Also I'm missing one that I transferred.

dragnmoon
12-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Me Like!!!

Now if only I still liked the Game... :(

Longshot7
12-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Fluff.. but still kewl

Longshot7
12-17-2008, 10:32 AM

Arkat
12-17-2008, 10:34 AM
FAQ Update: Please note that this is a beta of the character signatures and there are still some issues you may encounter. If you do encounter issues, please post here to the thread with a description of what is wrong, and also include information such as the server of the affected character(s), if you've ever had a server transfer/rename, and the level of the affected character(s).

All the information you need to know is included in my post (including a screenshot) on page 4 of this thread.

Here's a link in case you need it:

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1971851&postcount=77

Wizzly_Bear
12-17-2008, 10:35 AM
please post here to the thread with a description of what is wrong
-missing several characters including most of my mains.

-have many very old characters who received little to no play time and have been deleted for a long time.

-missing many newer characters as well as nearly all the characters that reached double digit levels.

also include information such as the server of the affected character(s),
for me, all servers except sarlona are affected. my two primary characters there (about 2-3 months old) are both there.

if you've ever had a server transfer/rename
i transferred two characters from khyber to argo. both are missing, but they weren't ones i would want to pick anyway.

and the level of the affected character(s).
all levels. missing many higher ups, have present many lowers, some lowers missing, some highers present.

breakdown:
argo - missing 16th lvl elven ranger that was transferred from khyber, 16th lvl human bard also transferred over, 14/2 dwarven barb/rogue made and capped on argo, and a version of Wizzly (16 wf wiz) made and capped on argo (my favorite and probable pick for this sig thing). the only two choices are ones i made very recently.

ghallanda - tied with khyber for most options (7), but missing the only character i ever played to cap there, a 14/1/1 human bard/cleric/sorc. have two wizzly s, one 3rd and one 5th, but i never played wizzly past 8th there and only had one of him. also missing one of my faves, Beerdy, a dwarven cleric i got up to around lvl 9, but have two prior versions of him one fighter/ranger and one bard/fighter.

khyber - missing both capped characters i transferred over to argo as mentioned above. no versions of Wizzly despite going through all my Wizzly testing on this server. probably had 4 or 5 different ones, but no options here.

sarlona - just started playing here bout 2-3 months ago. looks like all my characters from there are here.

thelanis - not even present on the list. thelanis does not exist for me apparently despite having capped two or three characters there several months ago as well as having one that i've been working on for a couple weeks now and is 15th lvl.

adm5893
12-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Server rocks

Bludnut
12-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Got a couple characters not showing up. Bludnut and Saidra. Thelanis.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-17-2008, 11:03 AM

Argo Server, 7 L16 chars missing, none of which were transfers, one of which was renamed by a token from the server merge. 1 char created on Mabar and that transferred to Argo during the merge is appearing (L3), 1 char rolled fresh after mod 8 (L3) is appearing, 1 char rolled fresh just before mod 8 (L10) is not appearing.

I have two or three "test" chars L1 or L2 on other servers that aren't appearing at all.

Nightseer
12-17-2008, 11:06 AM
If you do encounter issues, please post here to the thread with a description of what is wrong, and also include information such as the server of the affected character(s), if you've ever had a server transfer/rename, and the level of the affected character(s).

Affected Server: Khyber
Server Transfer/Rename: None
Problems:
There are only 3 characters listed as being on the Khyber server, 1 is a duplicate and all 3 of them have been long ago deleted. Perhaps as long as 6 months or more.

Of my actual characters, the newest is about two weeks old, the oldest is about two years old. Levels are: 15, 11, 11, 6, 6, 4, and 2nd

-NS

beguile
12-17-2008, 11:10 AM

All characters are missing, I am on the Kyber server, never did any transfers
and character levels are 15,16,7,1,16

slaymen
12-17-2008, 11:18 AM
I am missing all of my characters. I only play on Kyber and I have 4 lvl 16 toons.

schroebj13
12-17-2008, 11:21 AM
I am not sure where the names list came from. All fo the names available are or were characters. However, my main is not amung then. Thelanis server, Duliet 13/2/1, fighter/ranger/rogue

Thank you

Mhykke
12-17-2008, 11:22 AM

Argonnessen, never had a transfer/rename...

Seems like it's partly old data, and I'm missing characters. I have a lvl 16 halfling cleric that shows up at a lvl 6 dwarf cleric/1 paladin

Also have a character on there from I think pre merge on another server that was merged.

I'm also missing a paladin, which is my oldest character, as well as a bunch of characters that I have created but haven't played all that much (new and old in there).

Film
12-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Server: Khyber
Problem: Current characters are unavailable but all my old, deleted characters are available.

Gordo
12-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Argo
Missing three toon choices.
never name changed nor changed servers.

slumbering_dragon
12-17-2008, 11:30 AM
cant show my most active characters, my main i have been working on for a while. server Thelanis lots of toons i had deleted tho that are not active at all show up tho.

Kylstrem
12-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Problem:

Listing only 2 characters from Khyber. I have 10 slots in use and all were created on Khyber. One of the two is a deleted character from a while back.

Sirea
12-17-2008, 11:32 AM
Only thing missing from mine is my Level 1 toons that I've barely touched. Everyone else is there. No "deleted" toons showing up either. *shrugs*

Although it would have been kinda funny if Maiah had showed up as a lvl 9 halfling cleric, which is what she was before I rerolled her as a human :p

Xiloscient
12-17-2008, 11:34 AM
Toon that had a server change and name change is showing up as the old server and name and lower lvl

Name Now: Basko Lvl 16 Clr Server: Sarlona

Name then: Zezima Clr lvl 14 Server: Thelanis

henryhjiang002
12-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Had a server transfer before and all my characters on Khyber are not shown.

All I need is my Assultrifle.. lol

StrikerDroid
12-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Toloro you and everyone else that made these are awsome. Last thing i'm gonna say.

DragonKiller
12-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Nice handme-down from LOTRO.

Unfortunately my Main server characters aren't listed. Only the server I have a few lowbe's on that I haven't played in 6 - 9 months. :(

*Edit - Updated with info that T said will be helpful :D

- Main Server: Khyber - No characters showing up
- "Secondary" Server: Sarlona - Only charters from this server are showing up.

Main characters were originally on Reidra, no other renames/moves have occurred.

Juni
12-17-2008, 12:02 PM
I like the new Sig.

I am missing a few on my home server (Thelanis)

Juniper 16 rogue and Willow 16 Wizard both missing they are my main both where born on Thelanis with the same name and have been there since release.

I am also missing some that have been rolled since server merge Devana 13 Monk and Sionainn 7/2 Ranger/Rogue.

I also have multiples of chars that I have rerolled a few times. Ceridwyn shows up 3 times (just glad she doesn't show up as many times as I have rerolled her) I also have chars that where from the other servers before the merge that I deleted right after server merge.

I think for now I'll stick with my old Sig.

Melthus
12-17-2008, 12:02 PM
Only one of my higher level characters is listed, the one I put in the sig. Additionally, I would have liked my full name including surname to be on the signature. Also, for those of us who were server merged, having our original server as a choice would have been nice. Even if it were something like Thelanis (Xoriat).

Oxvon
12-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Looks cool

tihocan
12-17-2008, 12:04 PM
All I can say is these pictures are much too invasive. Big signatures make it a pain to read forums. Especially with lots of colors etc.
The previous system was much better IMHO, with just a small icon and some text, it didn't disrupt forum reading.

Nott
12-17-2008, 12:04 PM
My characters from Khyber are not available.

gorloch
12-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Having one of the same problems. My main which has been my first to cap with every level increase is not showing up. Yet my hubbys toon (which is what my account name is) is still there and that has long been deleted. Also have an old mule name there that has been deleted. I did have a server transfer to Thelanis (aka new Xoriat) but my name was never changed. Of all one i would like Pixa-level 16 elf rogue on thelanis would be the only one I would display.

PIXA

Asherons_Chosen
12-17-2008, 12:10 PM
You have no characters to display.... KHYBER

Tulsa_Doom
12-17-2008, 12:27 PM
No characters from Khyber shown in my list, just an old toon from Argonnessan. Hope you get it fixed, looks neat.

Chazzie
12-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Im missing Krune on the thelanis server,I have Krunes but not Krune,Krune is My Highest toon I have,and the most played.

Aeneas
12-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Only showing deleted characters from my home server on khyber, but characters still in existence on other servers are showing up fine. Ah well, enjoy my sig with a character i deleted, but had a fun name :p

moorewr
12-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Only showing deleted characters from my home server on khyber, but characters still in existence on other servers are showing up fine. Ah well, enjoy my sig with a character i deleted, but had a fun name :p

Sounds like he spends a lot of time throwing up! :eek:

kudesnik
12-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Very Very Nice !
It looks like we may get soon MyDDO.com :) as of for LOTRO.

Cireeric
12-17-2008, 02:05 PM
test

rfachini
12-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Darell of Ghallanda is being shown as level 13 even though he hit 14 three days ago. I don't think he was transferred from a different server.

BronwynnBane
12-17-2008, 02:33 PM
I am from Thelanis and none of my toons are showing up either.

eilar
12-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Hi I am missing MANY of my characters - I know I have many chars - Altitus runs in my family
I mainly want Kyber ones please

Boneyard
12-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Only one of my toons shows up for selection on my merged home server of Khyber (originally Aundair) and it happens to be a toon I played exactly once and deleted. No other toons on any server show up for me.

Raiderone
12-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Just testing it.

adrinor
12-17-2008, 03:58 PM
I only have the characters I have deleted/rerolled. Don't have any of the characters I am currently playing. Hope you get it working.

Krakov
12-17-2008, 03:59 PM
test

Reverand
12-17-2008, 04:00 PM
I love it. Nice little extra.

Tanka
12-17-2008, 04:05 PM
test
rofl

Tilliak
12-17-2008, 04:10 PM
:( Hmm....I'm showing that there are no characters to display.

NameisToad
12-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Created lots of characters on nearly all servers before the merges. Never transferred or renamed any, but I have deleted most.

Oldest surviving character is Niliran, a level 15 Wizard from Riedra currently residing in Khyber. He's not available for my sig, and he's the one I would likely choose.

Also from Riedra is Jordain, pictured below.

Also from Riedra, and created after Jordain, is a level 10 warforged pally who doesn't show up on the list.

Created on Khyber after the merge is Narual, a level 13 Ranger/Rogue, who is not available, and would be my second choice.

Recently created on Khyber is Heward, currently a level 6 Fighter, the fifth or so reroll of a name I've been using since my first week in the game. None of my copies of Heward on any server are available.

There are a dozen characters listed for me for Khyber, but Jordain is the only one of them I even remember. I don't doubt that I created the others, since I like creating new characters and reroll very frequently, but I don't even remember them to tell you when they were created or on which servers.

Also, I created my very first character on Xoriat, Didius, who was a level 7 rogue when I switched to Riedra, and was deleted just before the merge. I have no characters available for my signature from Thelanis.

Saaluta
12-17-2008, 04:42 PM
So here goes, the only character available to me to use is my level 3 cleric on Thelanis that I created a couple of months ago. None of the characters on my main server, Khyber, even show up on the list, and since I have been on Khyber since beta....this is exceedingly strange to me :) I would mainly want to use Saaluta(Khyber) if I did do the new signature, since she is my oldest and best known character on the server...again have had her since launch, no rerolls, still 28 point build :)

Saal :)

Groggg
12-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Several of my characters are missing and several that have been deleted are showing in my list.

IgorUnchained
12-17-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm missing 3 of my characters on Argonnessen =)

I am as well.

~Zornochio
12-17-2008, 05:50 PM
My characters change on a fairly regular basis :) and I saw a lot of missing/old information when I looked at the signature options:

Khyber: I've got 3 characters there over level 1 (and several that I never got around to playing so still at 1) and have no listing for the server
Ghallanda: Vargus was deleted probably 6+ months ago but is still listed
Sarlona: Sweeney dies a lot, and I've got the last 5 incarnations available :p
Thalanis: My oldest character Vilhelm (just over a year) is not showing up in the list
Argonessen: same as Ghallanda, several long deleted characters displayed.

Hordo
12-17-2008, 06:46 PM
Per your request Tolero: I have a problem with the signatures in that they only find one toon on one server. It may be my main toon name, but the wrong server, do you know how long it might be before I can see my toons on other servers to choose from? Oh, yeah, and the one I'm looking for is my oldest toon in the bunch btw.

greystone306
12-17-2008, 07:46 PM

You have no characters

I assume this is because of my exile from Reidra to Khyber... rather then my characters being too illiterate to sign the registry at the immigration offices. Alas, mark my words Reidra, "I will rebuild my armies and return, I shall raise thy throne... to bloody Khyber with my enemies!"

Oh btw... Emili, Rosewood, Amilia, Heathier, Ambyre, Misbehaven and Sgail were Reidra bred (most since the dawn of time)... while Meallach, Einin, Kynah and Myara were born on Khyber. No characters were renamed... however I do know their was a Rosewood on Khyber before mine moved in - Mine won the name due to age (but she's not old for an elf). I do not know if that helps in debugging this.

Yeah to add to mine, I created Characters pre-merge Riedra and post-merge on Khyber, I get the same message.. no Riedra characters, No Khyber Characters no RIsia Characters.. nada....

branmakmuffin
12-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Why would anyone want to bother? I don't play my characters on the forums.

Kiranselie
12-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Im missing the only character i play, a 16th level drow pure rogue but have a bunch of worthless ones that i deleted well over a year ago listed.

branmakmuffin
12-17-2008, 08:10 PM
OK, I just saw one of these for the first time.

There's never been a better time to disable sig display.

Edit: Ah, much better.

Deval
12-17-2008, 08:16 PM
My main who has been in game for 2 and a half years is not on the list.

There are names that might of lived for 1 week or so.

Great idea, but buggie as hell.

My oldest characters are not available, go figure lol

JakLee7
12-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Q: There's something wrong with my signature! I don't have the choices I want and I see wrong information.
A: Please note that this is a beta of the character signatures and there are still some issues you may encounter. If you do encounter issues, please post here to the thread with a description of what is wrong, and also include information such as the server of the affected character(s), if you've ever had a server transfer/rename, and the level of the affected character(s).

so yeah - doesn't work for me at all:

Server: Khyber only
Never had a server transfer or rename
all characters
all levels
Not available to add to sign
thx

Hakushi
12-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Ok, as Tolero asked, I will add more information, right now, there's only 2 characters I can choose as a sig:

Carelle, lvl 4 fighter on Khyber
Raikaa, lvl 3 bard on Thelanis

The lvl 3 bard on Thelanis is ok, it's a character I tried on another server, over one month before mod8, I havn't played it since that time.

The lvl 4 fighter is a previous version of my current lvl 14 paladin. I have rerolled that fighter quite some time ago. That fighter was the first character ever created on my account, at the beginning.

Next, all my other characters are missing. Raika, Carolanne, Coriza, Alexandra, Samara and Zaretta were all created on Riedra. Carelle, Katina, Nathalya and the ones missing in my bio, Kristina, Nausikaa and Carietta were all created on Khyber. Carelle is the only one of my 5 original from Riedra that had been deleted and recreated on Khyber.

I hope this helps, and by the way, I like the idea, a suggestion would be to allow us to choose a size for the sig from a list.

imattackingtdarkness
12-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Hmm... doesn't seem to work.

imattackingtdarkness
12-18-2008, 01:05 AM
There is goes! Pretty nifty! So where's my toon?

Kindoki
12-18-2008, 02:10 AM
Ok, per Tolero's instructions;

No characters shown.
All my characters are on Khyber (I may have a character on another server from the beginning - but I would have to look. Regardless, they aren't there either)
Non of the characters were moved.
Characters are Gwyar Nwyfre, Elrohiir of the Grey Company, Colec Tibles, etc.

Mithran
12-18-2008, 04:54 AM
None of my active characters are available for me to post as my signature, and all the available signatures are not only inactive, but have been deleted for some time, now.

adrinor
12-18-2008, 04:59 AM
None of my active characters are available for me to post as my signature, and all the available signatures are not only inactive, but have been deleted for some time, now.

That is the exact same thing that is happening to me.

JMP2
12-18-2008, 05:27 AM
Thanks.

Artagon
12-18-2008, 06:05 AM
Hmm... looks like the only characters I see are ones that I created just before the server merge (in order to have a ton of slots). These characters have all gone the way of the dodo.

atkbeast
12-18-2008, 07:26 AM
3 of my toons from Sarlona appear on my list. Only 2 of the toons on Thelanis show up, which is not a big deal for me because I play on Khyber most of the time. However I have a toon named Serana on Thelanis that dates back to the first month of DDO and also a now 5th level bard Serana on Khyber that is a reroll of a rogue of the same name that was created the first week of the the game. I have only 4 toons as options for Khyber and the only name I still have is use is Arcee, who shows as a 2nd level chaotic good fighter but after a reroll is now a neutral good 9th level fighter/1st level cleric. None of my original 28 point toons, drow, or 32 point toons show from Khyber. The most noticable is Vacha my 16th level rogue because her namesakes on Thelanis and Sarlona are shown. She is a 32 point toon that was created on Audair and came to Khyber during the server merge.

Kylstrem
12-18-2008, 08:44 AM
Heh, I looked more closely.

The two characters on Khyber that are displaying are both characters I deleted a long time ago.

None of my current toons are listed. I have four level 16s, 2 level 15s, a level 12, a level 9, and several other lowbies recently created. The 15-16s are at least all a year old.

All of these were created on Khyber either before or after the merge. I had NO toons moved to Khyber from other servers during the merge.

Hope this helps.

miceelf88
12-18-2008, 09:05 AM
My two highest level characters are not showing. (16 forged bard, 10 drow sorc). All of my other characters are showing, including my level 2 gimp I created to try out the new player experience.

sephiroth1084
12-18-2008, 09:22 AM
Anything get resolved about the issue with no characters being available in your signature editor?

moorewr
12-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Marketroid or Tolero -

I know there is no ETA for "version 2" - but can you confirm that we are getting the rest of the http://my.lotro.com features in due course?

EDIT: look! The lotro forums are down!

barecm
12-18-2008, 10:33 AM

I will gladly trade all the cool web features planned or in beta for even 1 new quest. Why go through all the trouble of developing web content if there is not enough game content?

moorewr
12-18-2008, 10:35 AM
I will gladly trade all the cool web features planned or in beta for even 1 new quest. Why go through all the trouble of developing web content if there is not enough game content?

You can clip and save any of these answers you like!
This is all copied over from the Lotro forums
The forum maintainers are not game programmers
Turbine hates you

:cool:

Tharlak
12-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Turbine is not the first to tell me that, but usually they mean they don't like my character.

I'll be honest, I do not care if we get the character sigs. Will I use one, yes absolutely.

But what is ****ing me off is that there is no acknowledgement that a vast number of folks aren't getting their characters recognized and a "we're on it" message.

I guess it's working just as intended.

moorewr
12-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Turbine is not the first to tell me that, but usually they mean they don't like my character.

I'll be honest, I do not care if we get the character sigs. Will I use one, yes absolutely.

But what is ****ing me off is that there is no acknowledgement that a vast number of folks aren't getting their characters recognized and a "we're on it" message.

I guess it's working just as intended.

..you didn't look very hard for acknowledgment, it seems:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=1972387#post1972387
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=1971657#post1971657

darthmaul121783
12-18-2008, 01:02 PM
sig test

augie
12-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Not a huge deal, but I'm only being offered 3 choices, all of which are named Auggy and none of which are accurate as far as race, class, alignment or level. I do have a character named Auggy but he's a lvl 10 halfling fighter, now turned pack-mule.

I'm on the Khyber server and been playing on Khyber since beta. Names, levels and class are listed in my sig.

I like the sigs though. Adds a little more personality to the forums instead of just an avatar.

shores11
12-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Q:[/b] There's something wrong with my signature! I don't have the choices I want and I see wrong information.

I transfered from Riedra to Khyber back during the big server consolidation. I renamed two of my characters as a result of that transfer. I can see characters I have on the other servers but I can not see the ones on my main server Khyber even the ones I did not change the names for.

Demoyn
12-18-2008, 02:00 PM
I have no characters to select from, even though I've got about 6 characters on the Khyber server. Some of them were transferred from Aundair during the original server merge, but there are also some created within the past few weeks.

Chaos000
12-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Missing my re-rolled capped character main: Daishado

Some deleted characters still show up on my list.

but the characters I made a couple weeks ago are showing up and their levels are up to date.

Riminy
12-18-2008, 04:37 PM
All of my characters aren't showing, just ones that have been deleted for quite a while (one year +?). <-- Khyber, WTB Riedra back :p

maddmatt70
12-18-2008, 04:42 PM
All of my characters aren't showing, just ones that have been deleted for quite a while (one year +?). <-- Khyber, WTB Riedra back :p

Perhaps all of your characters were deleted? Did you check muahahaha..

Riminy
12-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Perhaps all of your characters were deleted? Did you check muahahaha..

Maybe after all that coal you received, they probably are!

Pyromaniac
12-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Missing some current characters, have ones listed I haven't had in forever.

Toon names missing: Pyromaniac, Judgement, Judgements (actually basically all my current toons I play). Server Thelanis (though can I pick Xoriat instead?)

RizzenEverhate
12-18-2008, 05:49 PM
1) one of my characters dont have the right levels.
2) there is a character that doesnt belong on there.

arcticsparro
12-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Only 4 characters show on on my list - None are even still in existence. All 4 listed were before server merge I think. I have 10 active Kyhber chars and 2-3 active Ghallanda chars and none of those show... Just added my whine to the list. :) Cool feature tho - now if we could only get full character sheets!

CDG
12-18-2008, 06:35 PM

I have 9 Characters on Khyber and 1 on Argo.

When I try to edit my Sig it tells me i have no characters :(

SynfoolaCMT
12-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Missing 3 toons and I only play on one server. All toons rolled within the last 6 months.

Hordo
12-18-2008, 07:29 PM
I can't even get anything to show anymore...it has absolutely nada.

mrmac0322
12-18-2008, 08:07 PM
I hope it does

Ganidel
12-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Anyone besides me think this clutters the forums and makes it look like WoW?

Seems ddo is trying to make it look more like wow so wow players will try it, but most ppl that quit wow want something different not the same.

My 2 cents.

P.S. I'v turned off Sigs tell these are gone as it takes like 3x as much space, I want to read the forums not see ppls chars.

Ustice
12-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Anyone besides me think this clutters the forums and makes it look like WoW?

Seems ddo is trying to make it look more like wow so wow players will try it, but most ppl that quit wow want something different not the same.

My 2 cents.

P.S. I'v turned off Sigs tell these are gone as it takes like 3x as much space, I want to read the forums not see ppls chars.

I have to agree. The images are too tall. I think that they could use some editing to reduce the size a bit. Also, it makes everyone look the same, which is sort of the opposite of the point of it. I'd love to see some more customization on them while you are working out the bugs. It's a great idea, but I think that it needs some work. I'd also suggest a text version for those that want a text-only sig. (Which we could even use for other things)

I can't wait to see where this goes.

Puby
12-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Dosnt show any of my chars.

sephiroth1084
12-18-2008, 11:40 PM
Okay, reading this thread more, I'll contribute properly.

No characters shown.
All of my characters are on Khyber, and most appear in my current signature (sans surnames). If that makes a difference I'll go check later.
They were all made originally on Khyber and none have moved, and the oldest among them (Einhander) was created around January/February '08.

TreknaQudane
12-19-2008, 04:01 AM
Further tinkering...

These need to be a bit smaller in size, or limit the ones on the forums to a smaller size than the ones you can link elsewhere.

Some sort of rotation for your sig would be nice , say select three characters and one of the three will be displayed for a given day or what not.

Like (done very poorly) this:

http://www.ddodatum.com/sigrotate.php

That can display one of eight characters, you'll need to refresh if you want to see what it does.

Bekki
12-19-2008, 06:43 AM
I too am missing characters
is there any way to fix that?
I have not had Mistra-Tharashk since the server Merge.
And Grismil is Now level 4 and he does not Show! :eek:

And heck; I have Bekki on every server...

well... Bekkii on Khyber and Argo, Bekki was taken... Oh well...

But is there any word on any Dev help?

honkuimushi
12-19-2008, 07:39 AM
Another person missing most of his characters here. None of the characters I created on Aundair are displayed. 2,now deleted characters, rom the old Khyber server are displayed, and one character that I created on Khyber post-merge is displayed. None of my currently existent characters that were created on the old Khyber are available. None of the characters I have created on Khyber since unlocking 32 point builds are available either. I have not had any name changes or server changes other than those resulting from the server merge.

Unrelated, but I agree, it would be nice if the tags were a little smaller, maybe 75% of the current side. It would also be nice to be able to display 2 or 3, but after all this time, I'm happy to finally get this (sort of) working. Now if it will only recognize any of the characters I play with any regularity.

Finally, is there any chance we could find out what happened to the original plan? I don't mean it as a complaint, I'm just curious what happened and why they changed so much.

Bekki
12-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Ironic thing is...

I have characters on every server, and It only shows
my characters from Thelanis and Ghallanda. :confused:

Is this how it is supposed to be?

I am oon Ghallanda and Thelanis the most so it is not that bad.

~kizar
12-19-2008, 08:34 AM
I still have no signature data. Is there a bug or is there something else I need to do?

Silverjade
12-19-2008, 08:41 AM
None of my current chars show from khyber I am geting about 6low levs long deleted and one high level per-merge.

Bekki
12-19-2008, 08:46 AM

After going Back to the begining of the thread I ran Accross this.

So after the holidays hopefully it will be sorted out...

Sigmend_Divine
12-19-2008, 09:02 AM
well?

You have no characters

tolem 13/3 ftr pal
sigmend 13 clr
brutex 11 ftr
all on Kyber never transfered anything

vainangel
12-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Always on Khyber and I see nothing.
I agree it could be a shorter image or made better use of space [ie allow 2 characters or a avatar selection]

Crrrazzzy
12-19-2008, 02:16 PM
i am getting a DB error

/edit
now the db errors are gone but this is what i see in the sig area

You have no characters

Ganak
12-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Ok.

I see these sigs around.

Nice way to represent a character.

I have nine characters. Can you make the sigs represent all my characters please?

That would be sweet.

Thank you,

Ganak, Xanak, Zanak, Sanak, Vanak, Tanak, Sapphic, Manak and now Qanak.

WilbyZ
12-20-2008, 01:14 AM
It seems I only have toons listed from before the server merge? (even some deleted ones still exist from the selection - Like my Human Rog/Wiz in my Signature has been deleted over a year ago).

From memory it was Wibby the Human Rog/Wiz (and not Wibly lol) ... so who knows where its getting the data from :)

Aedyn
12-20-2008, 06:47 AM

The only toons I have are deleted from mod 3ish. None of my current toons are available.
Toon info is in my sig.
I havent had a transfer/rename
I dont buy plat ;)

MidnightDragonRider
12-20-2008, 10:47 AM
hello half of my toons on thelanis are not there and one is there twice, and half of the ones listed are long deleated.
That being said, the only one i care about is my charecter Smashh level 13 on thelanis, if I could get him on the list to be used for sig I would greatly appreaciate it. ty

Foxhunter
12-20-2008, 11:26 AM
I can' t find any of my Khyber characters. I only get Ghallanda and Sarlona. I believe my characters were moved to Khyber from a previous server during one of the early server merges. Characters (Field, Gyldor, Kergen, Benie, Leiyna, Ol, and Bryhn)

Huar Yu

KatanAztar
12-21-2008, 04:05 AM
3 characters that are not showing up

Avo - 16 cleric on ghallanda (have had server transferred and renamed)
Cyaz - 16 wizard on ghallanda (have had server transferred and renamed)
Vokaz - 16 elf barbarian on ghallanda

Mithran
12-21-2008, 04:23 AM
I think that none of my characters created before they were moved from Aundair to Khyber are on the list, though I may be mistaken. I also paid the premium for three renames. Regardless, none of my currently active characters are an option, except for Finduilas, who has been renamed Fedaykin.

Valdieron
12-21-2008, 05:02 AM
Perhaps a better use of time and resources would be developing better content and fixing the current game..... but perhaps I wouldnt be so harsh if I could actually get back into the game without it becoming stuck on the 'cleaning old connections' load screen :/

Desteria
12-21-2008, 06:51 AM
All my characters have bene created on khyber main of them very old now...

I have Zero characters listed to pick from....

Not that big a deal really sicne i want all mine listed....

vlnabkux123
12-21-2008, 08:25 AM
This thing does not work at all I do not even see any of my toons and been here for 2 1/2 years so whatever, you can keep your signature and really there must be something else to work on than this stuff .. really