PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know which chat program DDO uses?

ThrasherGT
12-12-2008, 12:11 PM
I was thinking (Hoping, actually) that there might be an add-on out there to control it better................

Mithran
12-12-2008, 12:12 PM
GameSpy, the initial identification of which was a disappointment to me, at this game's opening.

Strakeln
12-12-2008, 12:31 PM
If there's one change that I think 99% of the population could agree upon, it would be to improve the in-game voice chat.

It's pretty risk-free, too... there's really nowhere to go but up :D

Mindspat
12-12-2008, 02:57 PM
If there's one change that I think 99% of the population could agree upon, it would be to improve the in-game voice chat.

It's pretty good as it but wouldn't it be exceptional if we had the option to increase or decrease the volume of someone else in the party?

There's not many games that have intergrated voice communication. Besides DDO I only know of EVE Online having this feature.

Balkas
12-12-2008, 03:19 PM

What's wrong with the voice chat?

Strakeln
12-12-2008, 03:25 PM
What's wrong with the voice chat?Well, as Mindspat mentioned, individual volume controls would do wonders for the system...

Balkas
12-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Well, as Mindspat mentioned, individual volume controls would do wonders for the system...

I just tell people they are too loud :)

Uska
12-12-2008, 05:13 PM
I just tell people they are too loud :)

yeah but some dont listen

Strakeln
12-12-2008, 05:15 PM
I just tell people they are too loud :)That's only half of the problem.

Half the people in DDO are too quiet, half are too loud.

BuzzyLoo
12-12-2008, 07:01 PM
There's not many games that have intergrated voice communication. Besides DDO I only know of EVE Online having this feature.

Pretty sure LOTRO and WoW both have it.

i

Lateralus
12-12-2008, 07:45 PM

i

Oh? When did wow add it? Must have been pretty recent.

Cadaia
12-12-2008, 08:13 PM

i

WoW does not have integrated voice chat. They're players use add-ons and/or programs like Ventrilo or TeamSpeak. LotRO may have it, but that's Turbine's other MMORPG title, so that would stand to reason that it shares some components of DDO's.

BuzzyLoo
12-12-2008, 08:37 PM
WoW has had integrated voice chat for over a year. I don't think anyone really uses it, but it's there.

bobbryan2
12-12-2008, 08:45 PM
I'd also love to know why I have to turn every other application on my computer down to about 1% to be able to hear anyone talk.

I usually have Winamp at 1%, DM volume at 1%, DDO sound effects at 1%, and music simply off.

If I even go as high 5%, it usually drowns out everyone.

Why is DDO voice so low?

GlassCannon
12-12-2008, 10:56 PM

Yep, we are honestly using the cr@ppiest VC Software I have ever seen. Even going with Ventrilo is a vast improvement, and it doesn't have very much in the way of Auto Volume Levelling. I'd prefer DDO have a Teamspeak interface.

Getting in-game users to use a specific client is like trying to organize 100 Autistic ADHD 5-year-olds into a synchronized Olympic Gymnastic Event.