Githyanki

:)

cdbd3rd
12-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Githyanki

...and Githzerai, of course.

An instanced plane against the Modron hierarchy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modron_(Dungeons_&_Dragons)

Or Slaadi:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slaad

Aspenor
12-02-2008, 08:37 AM
The Gith are sissies.

PentegarnDarras
12-05-2008, 01:58 PM
This is not a sissy...
http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/dd1/ff.jpg

Aerendil
12-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Wouldn't be a proper Githyanki (or Githzerai) without psionics.

And if they could get psionics going, I'd much rather have Kalashtar, Quori, and Inspired!

Aspenor
12-05-2008, 02:01 PM
This is not a sissy...

Gith are rarely if ever found outside the Astral Plane, and may be somewhat strong but overall are not extremely threatening except for if you're astrally projecting.

DDO won't have astral projection....

If it does, it won't work in a way that reflects the actual spell.

PentegarnDarras
12-05-2008, 02:02 PM
And if they could get psionics going, I'd much rather have A PLAYABLE PSIONICIST!

*fixed*

;)

Aerendil
12-05-2008, 02:06 PM

Silver sword > all ;)

PS - Pentegarn: I was hoping when I mentioned Kalashtar, it would be implied we could play them :)
Kalashtar Monk/Psionic Fighter? Yes, please!

PentegarnDarras
12-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Gith are rarely if ever found outside the Astral Plane, and may be somewhat strong but overall are not extremely threatening except for if you're astrally projecting.

All very good points.
-BUT-
What about the problem of your factual information impinging on my fantasy of all of my favorite aspects of P&P being instantly available in DDO?

Mithran
12-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Of the fewer-than-twenty characters that I rolled using standard methods (4d6 - the worst roll), I was delighted that once I actually rolled a 00 for psionics once. I'm still delighted, some 25 years later, to have actually qualified for a character with psionics, and remain disappointed that I wasn't able to play the character for very long (the group died).

BlackSteel
12-05-2008, 02:47 PM
how about an enemy bard that actually uses the bard fascinate on the party? would be alot of fun to see the entire party song to sleep, then that kill happy barbarian who was in the front with all the aggro gets stuck by his lonesome agaisnt the pack of crazy monsters.

PentegarnDarras
12-05-2008, 02:53 PM
how about an enemy bard that actually uses the bard fascinate on the party? would be alot of fun to see the entire party song to sleep, then that kill happy barbarian who was in the front with all the aggro gets stuck by his lonesome agaisnt the pack of crazy monsters.

Hang on I think I've seen this.
In the quickfoot hideout?
The party on the ledge way up on the right hand side as you enter the big water room has a bard that had my party (3 of us) all standing dazed as little musical notes danced around us.
Am I thinking of a different spell?
Perhaps he cast it 3 times?

Aerendil
12-05-2008, 02:54 PM

Yep, agreed 100%.

If the enemy AI was up to speed, or had the abilities we do, they wouldn't need to have 15901750197 hps to balance things.

Fascinate -> mindfog -> hold person (after being seriously will save debuffed so you're prone to fail) -> the storm giant with a double-bladed axe steps up to play baseball with the Barbarian who ran ahead.

Nuff said.

BlackSteel
12-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Hang on I think I've seen this.
In the quickfoot hideout?
The party on the ledge way up on the right hand side as you enter the big water room has a bard that had my party (3 of us) all standing dazed as little musical notes danced around us.
Am I thinking of a different spell?
Perhaps he cast it 3 times?

if thats true, its very underused, especially later on (looking at you foundation of discord) a typical perform score would floor most pcs. Just look at the lobster, any bard in there can jump circles around people and give them little notes (what they do after the notes is a different story)

binnsr
12-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Gnomes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UqFPujRZWo)

Gorstag
12-06-2008, 02:03 PM
The yuanti would be nice.

Perhaps a bullet in a farely low level quest.

A Ropper would be awsome.

Anyone remember stirges?

How about blink dogs or Dispacer beast? Even though most are irritated already with teleporting critters.

Oh, perhaps a few piercers, that could get interesting.

Just would like to see a few more of the classics in the game.

Though we are now approaching cap, a terrasque would be the best IMHO.

Memnir
12-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Mimic.... all the new monster we need. :D

.....http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/alumni_mimic1st.jpg

terascque
12-06-2008, 03:10 PM
This is a rather long list of things I would like to see. Personally to me they were some of my favorite monsters to encounter. In no particular order I would like to see things like:

1. Athach
2. Naga
3. Bodak
4. Retriever
5. Kyton
6. Devourer
7. Nightmare
8. Hags (Green and Night)
9. Hydra
10. Inevitable
11. Nightwalker
12. Medusa
13. Mohrg
14. Basilisk/Cockatrice
15. Ettin
16. Lcih
17. And last but not least my most favorite monster ever, well just refer to my name the Tarrasque.

hydra_ex
12-06-2008, 03:29 PM
This is a rather long list of things I would like to see. Personally to me they were some of my favorite monsters to encounter. In no particular order I would like to see things like:

1. Athach
2. Naga
3. Bodak
4. Retriever
5. Kyton
6. Devourer
7. Nightmare
8. Hags (Green and Night)
9. Hydra
10. Inevitable
11. Nightwalker
12. Medusa
13. Mohrg
14. Basilisk/Cockatrice
15. Ettin
16. Lcih
17. And last but not least my most favorite monster ever, well just refer to my name the Tarrasque.

We have three liches, multiple marut's and a mythical god devourer :)

Ghirmeshk
12-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Cateblepas
Aboleth
Banshee
Water Elementals
I second hags and bodaks

Dymond
12-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Mimic.... all the new monster we need. :D

.....http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/alumni_mimic1st.jpg

HAHA!! I was just thinking that..

and um Succubus? come on who else looked at that page in the monster manual WAY more than they should have.

http://www.lookydaddy.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/25/succubus_copy.jpg

GORAK
12-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Undead rust monster :-)

Auran82
12-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Banshee
hags

Waggro?

Hammbone
12-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Just plain old GOBLINS to mix it up with the kobolds would be nice