PDA

View Full Version : Metamagics

TheGreatEye
12-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Is there any possibility of creating a metamagics->spell UI that would be very similar to what is currently available for weapons and shields? Like say extending haste, then dragging it to your hot bar so it is ALWAYS extended... and NOT extending say.. false life so it is NEVER extended (I often find I dont make it few minutes before losing those extra HP, thus wasting 10 sp).

I know this has been covered numerous times, but I honestly dont see how it would be that much different than what is currently in place for weapons and shields.

Nott
12-02-2008, 06:30 AM
I wish something like this existed too.

I guess the interface would need to support adding up to seven (maybe eight? would empowered healing need to be mixed in at the same time as empower and maximize?) metamagic feats to the preset.

ThrasherGT
12-02-2008, 07:48 AM
I think the best way to implement this would be:

1. Open "Spells" page.

2. Right click on spell, which opens a menu that has all metamagics on it. It would have The meatmagic then "Always" and "Never" checkboxes after it.

3. Simply go through all Your spells and set them up the way You want.

If You leave the checkboxes alone, the spell would function the same way it does now.

If You don't have a Metamagic, it would be greyed out in the menu.

IMHO, there is a certain logic to this. A True spellcaster would not have to say "Empower" or "Maximize" before casting a spell, He/She would just "Know" what they wanted to cast and do it.

Adding this would be great, although no matter how it is done, it will take some programming..............

TheGreatEye
12-02-2008, 04:30 PM
I think the best way to implement this would be:

1. Open "Spells" page.

2. Right click on spell, which opens a menu that has all metamagics on it. It would have The meatmagic then "Always" and "Never" checkboxes after it.

3. Simply go through all Your spells and set them up the way You want.

If You leave the checkboxes alone, the spell would function the same way it does now.

If You don't have a Metamagic, it would be greyed out in the menu.

IMHO, there is a certain logic to this. A True spellcaster would not have to say "Empower" or "Maximize" before casting a spell, He/She would just "Know" what they wanted to cast and do it.

Adding this would be great, although no matter how it is done, it will take some programming..............

Good ideas. However I think that there are spells that you want metamagics on in certain situations, and other times you would want them off. Being able to have both versions on your toolbar would be nice.

I would settle for anything though. Either way its probably a decent amount of programming. Anyone else think this would be a useful addition to the game?

Nyvn
12-02-2008, 05:40 PM
This would be very nice.

/signed

VirieSquichie
12-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Yes. Signed.

Tharlak
12-02-2008, 05:47 PM
/signed

What a great suggestion.

Mindspat
12-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Is there any possibility of creating a metamagics->spell UI that would be very similar to what is currently available for weapons and shields? Like say extending haste, then dragging it to your hot bar so it is ALWAYS extended... and NOT extending say.. false life so it is NEVER extended (I often find I dont make it few minutes before losing those extra HP, thus wasting 10 sp).

I know this has been covered numerous times, but I honestly dont see how it would be that much different than what is currently in place for weapons and shields.

What about a GUI like the options on chatWindow but on spells that listed your availble meta magics and you could just check the ones you wanted applied?

Vorn
12-02-2008, 06:19 PM
This would also be a great way to not let any particular spell be metamagic'd over the current highest level spell the caster could cast, should that particular D&D rule be implemented.
;)

TheGreatEye
12-02-2008, 10:32 PM
What about a GUI like the options on chatWindow but on spells that listed your availble meta magics and you could just check the ones you wanted applied?

Could be as easy at that.

Just too lazy to be flipping them off and on when I'm buffing/combat casting. Just hoping they will throw us a bone and do something similar to the setup for quickly changing weapon/shield sets.