PDA

View Full Version : PIMP My Mrs!

BoBoDaClown
11-25-2008, 02:09 AM
Nothing sordid here... move along...

I need help equiping my girlfriend's barbarian. I just checked over her equipment and enhancements and I feel she needs some tweaking. She isn't into DDO mechanics, so I have to do most of the research, and I am getting tired of scrolling through computer screen pages, so any advice on how to improve her build would be great! Especially in regards to equipment.

This was her original 28pt build - we know there are minor flaws, but leveling another barb is not an option! (our 28 pts builds will continue to be our mains).

Human 16 Barbarian 'Titian'

Str: 28 (16+4 levels +2 tome + 6 item)
Dex: 18 (14 +4 item)
Con: 26 (16 +1 tome +3 feat +6 item)
Int: 8
Wis: 10
Cha: 10

*** Obviously need +6 dex item and fitting +6 wis would be nice.
If she finds a +3 tome, she may consider TWF feats.

FEATS: PA, Toughness, Stunning, IC: Slash, THF Line.

ENHANCEMENTS: Crit Rage 2, Extend Rage 4, Extra Rage 2, Hardy Rage 2, Power A 3, Power Rage 4, Impr Recovery 2, Barb Toughness 4, 3 Con enhancements, Willpower 1, Sprint 1.

Think I need to rework these to get racial toughess. What about Damage Reduction?

MOST IMPORTANTLY EQUIPMENT:

Head: Minos
Amulet: +6 Con
Trinket: Bat
Cloak: +4 Resistance
Belt: Proof vs Poison, Impr. False Life
Gloves: +4 Dex
Boots: 30% Striding
Rings: worthless (does have ancestor for occasional use)
Bracers: +6 Str
Armour: Worthless.

Weapons: Mineral 2 Great Axe, +2 Vorpal Great Axe, +4 Wounding Great Axe.

Obviously Armour is important -I was thinking of going for the Dragon Touched.

She needs Rings, +6 Stat Items, Greater False Life, a Bloodstone.

What else should she get and where can I get it? Items from AH, craftable items (tier 2 only though), raid and end rewards?

We appreciate any help you can give us!

Thank you

Udine

Aranticus
11-25-2008, 07:57 AM
Nothing sordid here... move along...

I need help equiping my girlfriend's barbarian. I just checked over her equipment and enhancements and I feel she needs some tweaking. She isn't into DDO mechanics, so I have to do most of the research, and I am getting tired of scrolling through computer screen pages, so any advice on how to improve her build would be great! Especially in regards to equipment.

This was her original 28pt build - we know there are minor flaws, but leveling another barb is not an option! (our 28 pts builds will continue to be our mains).

Human 16 Barbarian 'Titian'

Str: 28 (16+4 levels +2 tome + 6 item)
Dex: 18 (14 +4 item)
Con: 26 (16 +1 tome +3 feat +6 item)
Int: 8
Wis: 10
Cha: 10

*** Obviously need +6 dex item and fitting +6 wis would be nice.
If she finds a +3 tome, she may consider TWF feats.

FEATS: PA, Toughness, Stunning, IC: Slash, THF Line.

ENHANCEMENTS: Crit Rage 2, Extend Rage 4, Extra Rage 2, Hardy Rage 2, Power A 3, Power Rage 4, Impr Recovery 2, Barb Toughness 4, 3 Con enhancements, Willpower 1, Sprint 1.

Think I need to rework these to get racial toughess. What about Damage Reduction?

MOST IMPORTANTLY EQUIPMENT:

Head: Minos
Amulet: +6 Con (swop to a silver flame neck)
Trinket: Bat (get bloodstone)
Cloak: +4 Resistance
Belt: Proof vs Poison, Impr. False Life (get pop with gtr false life)
Gloves: +4 Dex (get spectral gloves)
Boots: 30% Striding
Rings: worthless (does have ancestor for occasional use) (get a con ring)
Bracers: +6 Str
Armour: Worthless. (hound bp is good)

Weapons: Mineral 2 Great Axe, +2 Vorpal Great Axe, +4 Wounding Great Axe.

Obviously Armour is important -I was thinking of going for the Dragon Touched.

She needs Rings, +6 Stat Items, Greater False Life, a Bloodstone.

What else should she get and where can I get it? Items from AH, craftable items (tier 2 only though), raid and end rewards? (shroud hp item)

We appreciate any help you can give us!

Thank you

Udine

see some pointers

Tanka
11-25-2008, 08:05 AM
For a THF Barb, I'd optimally end up with (after some raids, etc):

Head: Minos Legens
Goggles: Tharne's Goggles
Necklace: Shroud HP item (dual-shard for a Guard effect like Lighting or Disintegration, maybe?)
Trinket: Bloodstone
Cloak: Greater Resists, eventually going for another Shroud item for another Guard effect
Belt: Disease/Poison Immune + GFL
Rings: Greater Resists, non-hotswap being Fire, hotswap being anything else
Gloves: Bramblecasters
Boots: Madstone Boots (times a bunch)
Bracers: Levik's Bracers
Armor: Resistance +5, +6 Con, your-guard-of-choice (Disintegration would be good)

It never hurts to have 3-4 30pt Resists running static at all times.

tihocan
11-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Just wanted to say it's a very decent build. I'd drop some of the tier 4 enhancements to get some boosts (DR and/or damage), but ONLY if she can use them (I know some players just can't stand boosts). You definitely want a couple racial/barb toughness enhancements as well.
She should probably get into reaver runs to farm the madstone boots.

BoBoDaClown
11-25-2008, 09:15 PM
see some pointers

Thanks dude, I appreciate it. I didn't know about the spectral gloves, they look useful. A lot of that she should be able to get reasonably easy :)

Noctus
11-25-2008, 09:17 PM
(I know some players just can't stand boosts).

Here.

BoBoDaClown
11-25-2008, 09:18 PM
For a THF Barb, I'd optimally end up with (after some raids, etc):

Head: Minos Legens
Goggles: Tharne's Goggles
Necklace: Shroud HP item (dual-shard for a Guard effect like Lighting or Disintegration, maybe?)
Trinket: Bloodstone
Cloak: Greater Resists, eventually going for another Shroud item for another Guard effect
Belt: Disease/Poison Immune + GFL
Rings: Greater Resists, non-hotswap being Fire, hotswap being anything else
Gloves: Bramblecasters
Boots: Madstone Boots (times a bunch)
Bracers: Levik's Bracers
Armor: Resistance +5, +6 Con, your-guard-of-choice (Disintegration would be good)

It never hurts to have 3-4 30pt Resists running static at all times.

Thanks a lot - that's a good comprehensive list, with a couple of items I hadn't heard of.. Now she has some work to do :)

BoBoDaClown
11-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Just wanted to say it's a very decent build. I'd drop some of the tier 4 enhancements to get some boosts (DR and/or damage), but ONLY if she can use them (I know some players just can't stand boosts). You definitely want a couple racial/barb toughness enhancements as well.
She should probably get into reaver runs to farm the madstone boots.

This is her first computer game, so she isn't so keen on using short term boosts. She is close to her 20th reavers, so she may be able to grab reaver's then.

Cheers for your advice :)

Tanka
11-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks a lot - that's a good comprehensive list, with a couple of items I hadn't heard of.. Now she has some work to do :)
It'll be a lot of raiding. At least 20 Shroud completions, plus a bunch from other raids.

BoBoDaClown
11-25-2008, 10:01 PM
It'll be a lot of raiding. At least 20 Shroud completions, plus a bunch from other raids.

Aye. It doesn't matter if she doesn't get the item - it just allows us t have something to aim for or seek.

Tanka
11-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Aye. It doesn't matter if she doesn't get the item - it just allows us t have something to aim for or seek.
That's how I see it. Lots of people tell me I'm "being unrealistic" or "making it not friendly for newbies/casuals".

Well, there's nothing wrong with that. I mean, even a casual player can log in once or twice a week to complete a one hour raid.

BoBoDaClown
11-25-2008, 10:11 PM
That's how I see it. Lots of people tell me I'm "being unrealistic" or "making it not friendly for newbies/casuals".

Well, there's nothing wrong with that. I mean, even a casual player can log in once or twice a week to complete a one hour raid.

Yeah. We are very casual and we have completed about ten shrouds - also when you pool your ingredients you can make items sooner :)