PDA

View Full Version : Devs doing dirty pool or is it a bug?

Thame
11-24-2008, 09:21 PM
I recently decided to update my trade list. I origionally did the list prior to mod 8, when I made the list I wrote down everything on paper then transfered them to the thread.

Well during a recent deal I couldnt find a certain item, so I looked on the hand written list to see if I misread the item. I didnt but did notice something odd.

So far 5 items I had were race restricted whatever level whatever. Example. I have a +6 cha cloak rr halfling that was level 11, now it is lvl 13. Then a set of +15 goggles that were rr wf lvl 13 are now lvl 15. So far a total of 5 items that have changed since the mod. So is this a bug or is this the devs answer to higher end loot. Nerfing the level requirements on items so they appear to be higher lvl.
If this is the latter then that is just so dirty pool there. These items are pretty much worthless now considering the lvl is now higher. I didnt have any armor or weapons rr so I couldnt check those. Perhaps everyone should look into this.

I only noticed because I had the old handwritten list in my notebook.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-24-2008, 10:11 PM
There have been cases where MLs have been set wrong in the past. I didn't notice anything myself but it could be they went in and "fixed" items that were set wrong database wide. Post the specifics for the items in question and I'm sure some of the math experts can tell you if the current ML makes sense or not.

Lithic
11-24-2008, 10:26 PM
There have been cases where MLs have been set wrong in the past. I didn't notice anything myself but it could be they went in and "fixed" items that were set wrong database wide. Post the specifics for the items in question and I'm sure some of the math experts can tell you if the current ML makes sense or not.

The two items he mentions were of proper min lvl initially.

A +6 cha cloak rr wh, should be lvl 11, if it is 13 now THAT is a problem, unless the RR got dumped.

A +15 item that is RR should be lvl 13, but if it is truly lvl 15 now and still RR, then its broken.

As an aside, I just checked a bunch of my own rr items, mostly rogue skill items, and they are all as they use to be, so nothing has changed in my game.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-24-2008, 11:06 PM
The two items he mentions were of proper min lvl initially.

A +6 cha cloak rr wh, should be lvl 11, if it is 13 now THAT is a problem, unless the RR got dumped.

A +15 item that is RR should be lvl 13, but if it is truly lvl 15 now and still RR, then its broken.

As an aside, I just checked a bunch of my own rr items, mostly rogue skill items, and they are all as they use to be, so nothing has changed in my game.

Maybe higher hardness/durability? I've seen that bump items before (although maybe that's the bug part lol)

Rog
11-24-2008, 11:09 PM
i hope not the reason i still have mod 1 loot yes i keep it for the lower levels. like the my 2nd level star of iran. 2nd level malstrom. level 8 cold iron holy rapier +4 8th level frost greatsword of greater dragon bane and so on i be one mad mother if they change the level now that what make these old weopons valuable to me

query
11-25-2008, 04:22 AM
when level items are inappropriately changed, the ones reported this way are addressed and corrected. Look at any patch, update or mod release notes to see this has been and is done.

Oh, and it's far more likely for a reply if the subject is not a negative accusatory one (like "Dirty Pool?") "Intentional?" fine, but finger pointing...while it should not make a difference, it can.

tihocan
11-25-2008, 11:26 AM
If the new ML seems wrong compared to the effects, then it's most likely a bug.

Aspenor
11-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Maybe higher hardness/durability? I've seen that bump items before (although maybe that's the bug part lol)

hardness/durability do not bump ML. ML bumps hardness and durabilty.

this has been posted by a dev but I don't feel like looking for it.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-25-2008, 12:46 PM
hardness/durability do not bump ML. ML bumps hardness and durabilty.

this has been posted by a dev but I don't feel like looking for it.

Hmm...that has a familiar ring to it... I withdraw my earlier comments as nooobish...