PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch runes - seriously?

Riggs
11-24-2008, 03:08 AM
Greater false life...AND improved false life.
Striding 20% AND striding 25%?

Really?

Is there a reason weaker versions of the same enhancement are in there?

Desteria
11-24-2008, 03:17 AM

Really?

Because the turbine GM is EVEIL and wants us to grind that muhc longer....

Only possible reason i can think of.

sirgog
11-24-2008, 04:18 AM
Because the turbine GM is EVEIL and wants us to grind that muhc longer....

Only possible reason i can think of.

But unless you get lucky early on, Eldritch doesn't take nearly as much grinding as the others (assuming 75% chance of a solvable Monastery puzzle, you have 2.75 or more Eldritch Runes per Sovereign Rune).

/me is confuzzled...

Dexxaan
11-24-2008, 07:49 AM

Really?

That way you have more options to throw in the Lottery-Armor Crafting System.

Why these in particular? No clue as to why a Fine piece of Gear for Level 16 Adventurers (soon to be 20) is going to want to have sub-par enhancing effects like IFL or 25% striding.....

VirieSquichie
11-24-2008, 11:49 AM
My clerics wouldn't consider 25% striding to be sub-par. Highly desired, actually.

Now, the IFL would be simply annoying...

Dexxaan
11-24-2008, 11:54 AM
My clerics wouldn't consider 25% striding to be sub-par. Highly desired, actually.

The "Point" is the fact that if you are working on getting Effects on the absolute best Armor available and you have to be level 16....why would anyone bother with a 25% Striding or IFL.

I mean why not include Wizardry III or Magi while we are at it?

The concept of including sub-par enhancements for level 16 Characters(Adventurers) do nothing more than complicate the Lottery System Armor "Crafting".

Now is it clear?

Original
11-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Now is it clear?[/QUOTE]

Crystal Clear!

Desteria
11-25-2008, 04:56 AM

maby but wouldent you realyl want 30% striding?

Inspire
11-25-2008, 05:11 AM
I can think of 2 good/semi good(not my personal taste) reasons to have IFL on a monk or rogue, but it would have to be a character designed around a certian concept.

As for striding 20% vs 25% there are situational places where running slower is better... but not too slow as to remove striding completly. For example; the Twilight Forge when self healing and running down a colored tunnel without a crystal, enough so that your heal timer comes back before you take more damage from going further ahead, you dont want to be going too fast but you dont want to be going to slow either, maybe 20% is just right... Im not sure.

Dozen_Black_Roses
11-25-2008, 05:31 AM
I can think of 2 good/semi good(not my personal taste) reasons to have IFL on a monk or rogue, but it would have to be a character designed around a certian concept.

As for striding 20% vs 25% there are situational places where running slower is better... but not too slow as to remove striding completly. For example; the Twilight Forge when self healing and running down a colored tunnel without a crystal, enough so that your heal timer comes back before you take more damage from going further ahead, you dont want to be going too fast but you dont want to be going to slow either, maybe 20% is just right... Im not sure.

you are so stretching it! :P it's one of the **** pull of the armour lotto, that is all :p

VirieSquichie
11-25-2008, 11:19 AM
maby but wouldent you realyl want 30% striding?

More is typically better, but since two of my clerics don't have a striding on at all, getting that on their armor wouldn't hurt. They're not AC build clerics (laughing quietly to myself at the thought) so it's not like the armor is there to be armor...

The third cleric I believe does have a bit of striding on but that's likely to come off as he gains levels and gets more gear options.

Issip
11-25-2008, 11:28 AM
They need to add sacred, improved void lore IV, lesser ice guard, shatter +2, and a level 1 hypnotism clicky 1/day to the mix. Then the enhancement table will be complete!

Beherit_Baphomar
11-25-2008, 11:29 AM
you are so stretching it! :P it's one of the **** pull of the armour lotto, that is all :p

/signed.

Except for the colour.

Solmage
11-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Admittedly 20% striding and IFL are complete garbage. But I like 25% striding and GFL. (Yes I'd prefer 30% striding too, but at least THAT isn't particularly important)

But speaking of mediocre enhancements, few things would make me like the new robes more than superior potency VI being made available for tier 1.

GlassCannon
11-25-2008, 01:39 PM

Really?

Yes, it's to make you run the quest more.

Mindspat
11-25-2008, 01:59 PM
The concept of including sub-par enhancements for level 16 Characters(Adventurers) do nothing more than complicate the Lottery System Armor "Crafting".

Would be nice if they added an additional Named Rune in the optional chest at the end of each pre-req in addition to the randomly anonymous options that are frequently providing poor effects. There's been some issues about lacking Named Loot and maybe this is an area they could use to enhance the appeal of Dragon Armor.

eh?

drsmooth
11-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Arcane sigil/twilight would be a nice option to have :)

Inspire
11-25-2008, 07:37 PM

You caught me :D!

Vesuvia
11-25-2008, 09:43 PM
I have to agree, that it'd be nice if they added a few rare runes, to each of the chests, that could potentially do other things, that aren't on the current lists, like superior potency 6, archmagi, melee alacrity, hell maybe even a perma ram's might buff for you fighters mad at rangers. Yes 20-25% striding, and IFL...complete garbage...they want you to grind, and there is no other reason.

Rog
11-26-2008, 11:07 AM
i have yet to bother with the new armor yet it is it a long time til next mod but what it sound like i am going to do is open up a entire bank bad and keep notes on what does what i forget the bind dont they that would really suck