- LoH - Lay on Hands

ANy hints on ths build would help
shoting for a pure build 16 paly

Need extreme help with this. Everything i have tried has failed . thanks

- Shuned

Aranticus
11-23-2008, 10:38 AM
14pal/2mnk

ac-great (60+ is easily achieveable, self buffed of coz)
dps-fair (halfling so mean lower str, 2 mnk means miss out on DM3)
saves-uber (monk has high base saves and pallys have divine grace)
umd-poor (can get 30+ with correct gear)
solo ability-great (u have evasion, huge saves, high ac)
LoH-decent (ya a pally, plus a halfling can make use of dragonmarks)

not recommending pure due to various factors i listed

Indrn_Fretgoop
11-23-2008, 10:54 AM
High level or low level evasion seems to be key to survivability making a pure pali with umd isnt great you woiuld want tyo splash or even two rogue for evasion and those extra skills, making intimidate a class skill aslso would help you in s party dynamic, making youself be dependant on light armor can let you switch out str initally for dex and get weapon finess making your ac higher and you to hit higher.:D would this be a 28 or 32 point buoild, do youhave any tomes?

ZNKJ1234
11-23-2008, 11:01 AM
What stats?

Balkas
11-23-2008, 11:07 AM
What stats?

Do you have 32 point builds? Any tomes?

ZNKJ1234
11-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Do you have 32 point builds? Any tomes?

yes and yes

nbhs275
11-23-2008, 03:53 PM
ok Shooting for a -
Race - Hafling

Main Priority -
- Ac
- Damage
- Saves
- Solo ability
- Umd
- LoH - Lay on Hands

- Shuned

look at the avatar and true breed builds. Both are good defensive/offensive pally builds, though neither is halfling.

Indrn_Fretgoop
11-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Level 16 Lawful Good Halfling Male
(16 Paladin)
Hit Points: 264
Spell Points: 175

BAB: 16/16/21/2626
Fortitude: 19
Reflex: 15
Will: 15

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Stats Modified Stats
Abilities (Level 1) (Level 16)
Strength 14 18
Dexterity 12 14
Constitution 12 12
Intelligence 11 13
Wisdom 11 11
Charisma 14 16

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 1
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 1

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 16)
Balance 3 11
Bluff 2 3
Concentration 1 17
Diplomacy 6 22
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 2 3
Heal 0 0
Hide 1 4
Intimidate 2 3
Jump 2 6
Listen 0 2
Move Silently 1 4
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 1 1
Search 1 1
Spot 0 0
Swim 2 4
Tumble n/a n/a
Use Magic Device n/a n/a

Level 1 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Least Dragonmark of Healing

Level 3 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Combat Expertise

Level 6 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 9 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Piercing Weapons

Level 12 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Lesser Dragonmark of Healing

Level 15 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Dragonmark of Healing

Level 16 (Paladin)
Enhancement: Extra Dragonmark I
Enhancement: Extra Dragonmark II
Enhancement: Halfling Dexterity I
Enhancement: Halfling Guile I
Enhancement: Halfling Guile II
Enhancement: Halfling Luck I (Will)
Enhancement: Halfling Luck II (Will)
Enhancement: Paladin Bulwark of Good I
Enhancement: Paladin Bulwark of Good II
Enhancement: Paladin Bulwark of Good III
Enhancement: Paladin Bulwark of Good IV
Enhancement: Paladin Resistance of Good I
Enhancement: Paladin Resistance of Good II
Enhancement: Paladin Resistance of Good III
Enhancement: Paladin Divine Sacrifice I
Enhancement: Paladin Divine Sacrifice II
Enhancemment: Paladin Exalted Smite I
Enhancement: Paladin Exalted Smite II
Enhancement: Paladin Exalted Smite III
Enhancement: Paladin Extra Lay on Hands I
Enhancement: Paladin Extra Lay on Hands II
Enhancement: Paladin Extra Lay on Hands III
Enhancement: Paladin Extra Smite Evil I
Enhancement: Paladin Extra Smite Evil II
Enhancement: Paladin Extra Smite Evil III
Enhancement: Paladin Charisma I
Enhancement: Paladin Charisma II
Enhancement: Paladin Toughness I
Enhancement: Paladin Toughness II
Enhancement: Paladin Toughness III
Enhancement: Paladin Toughness IV

bobbryan2
11-23-2008, 05:09 PM
I would personally go with a 14 pal/ 2 monk, with TWF feats.

Starting stats something like...

Maybe 12 and 14 on wis and charisma, whichever you feel stronger about.

Ending stats with +2 tomes would look something like...

Ralmeth
11-23-2008, 11:32 PM
ok Shooting for a -
Race - Hafling

Main Priority -
- Ac
- Damage
- Saves
- Solo ability
- Umd
- LoH - Lay on Hands

- Shuned

This is a tough one, but as the current form of DDO favors no armor (or should I say Icy Raiments) and TWF, then I would recommend a 14 Paladin / 2 Monk as well. The monk levels will give you evasion, a better AC than wearing armor because of your high dex and wis, a couple of extra feats to play with, and better saves (in particular, a better will save).

In general this character will be mostly Paladin with the possibility of picking up the 3rd tier of one of the new prestige classes when they are available. The evasion will also be really nice, and will take advantage of the natural high dex on a halfling. You should have moderate DPS. Granted your strength is lower, but use your high charisma for spamming smites and divine sacrifice, boosted by extended divine favor and zeal.

Stats (this assumes you can pick up +1 tomes. Feel free to adjust based on what you have already or could get):
Strength: 13 (+6 item +4 level up + 1 tome = 24)
Dex: 16 (+6 item + 2 Halfling + 1 tome = 25...more importantly a natural 17 dex for ITWF and GTWF)
Con: 13 (+6 item + 1 tome = 20)
Wis: 12 (+6 item + 1 tome + 1 monk = 20)
Int: 11 (+1 tome eaten at 1st level = 12...enough for 3 skill points / level)
Char: 14 (+6 item + 3 Paladin + 1 tome = 24)

Feats (note: You already will have LOH, so I wouldn't bother with the dragonmarks of healing)
TWF
Improved TWF
Greater TWF
Improved Crit Piercing
Power Attack (use one of your monk feats for this)
Toughness (use one of your monk feats for this)
Extend (to extend Zeal and Divine Favor)
Choice

Skills:
Points into Jump, Balance and UMD
*Note: Starting your intelligence at 11 and eating a +1 tome at 1st level will give you 3 skill points / level for your Paladin levels, one for each of these. With your Monk levels put enough points into tumble so you can tumble, and extra points into jump and balance.

AC: 56
10 - base
7 - dex (8 if you have a +2 tome)
5 - wis
7 - armor bracers (obviously this could be 6-8, depending on what you can get)
4 - icy raiments
1 - alchemical bonus on the icy raiments
4 - protection (using what you get on the icy raiments)
3 - chattering ring
4 - insight bonus (mineral II greensteel weapon, lots of work but possible)
3 - barkskin potion
1 - halfling
4 - bulwark of good aura
------------------------

*Note: You could get higher with a +5 protection item, Two Weapon Defense, Dodge, armor 8 bracers, and tomes to get your dex and/or wisdom higher, but again I think you should shoot for mid 50's.

Saves
Fort: 17 Base + 5 Con + 4 Aura + 3 Resist (Icy) + 7 Charisma = 38
Reflex: 14 Base + 7 Dex + 4 Aura + 3 Resist (Icy) + 7 Charisma = 35
Will: 12 Base + 5 Wis + 4 Aura + 3 Resist (Icy) + 7 Charisma = 24

Hope this helps!
Ralmeth

Aranticus
11-24-2008, 10:40 AM
This is a tough one, but as the current form of DDO favors no armor (or should I say Icy Raiments) and TWF, then I would recommend a 14 Paladin / 2 Monk as well. The monk levels will give you evasion, a better AC than wearing armor because of your high dex and wis, a couple of extra feats to play with, and better saves (in particular, a better will save).

In general this character will be mostly Paladin with the possibility of picking up the 3rd tier of one of the new prestige classes when they are available. The evasion will also be really nice, and will take advantage of the natural high dex on a halfling. You should have moderate DPS. Granted your strength is lower, but use your high charisma for spamming smites and divine sacrifice, boosted by extended divine favor and zeal.

Stats (this assumes you can pick up +1 tomes. Feel free to adjust based on what you have already or could get):
Strength: 13 (+6 item +4 level up + 1 tome = 24)
Dex: 16 (+6 item + 2 Halfling + 1 tome = 25...more importantly a natural 17 dex for ITWF and GTWF)
Con: 13 (+6 item + 1 tome = 20)
Wis: 12 (+6 item + 1 tome + 1 monk = 20)
Int: 11 (+1 tome eaten at 1st level = 12...enough for 3 skill points / level)
Char: 14 (+6 item + 3 Paladin + 1 tome = 24)

Feats (note: You already will have LOH, so I wouldn't bother with the dragonmarks of healing)
TWF
Improved TWF
Greater TWF
Improved Crit Piercing
Power Attack (use one of your monk feats for this)
Toughness (use one of your monk feats for this)
Extend (to extend Zeal and Divine Favor)
Choice

Skills:
Points into Jump, Balance and UMD
*Note: Starting your intelligence at 11 and eating a +1 tome at 1st level will give you 3 skill points / level for your Paladin levels, one for each of these. With your Monk levels put enough points into tumble so you can tumble, and extra points into jump and balance.

AC: 56
10 - base
7 - dex (8 if you have a +2 tome)
5 - wis
7 - armor bracers (obviously this could be 6-8, depending on what you can get)
4 - icy raiments
1 - alchemical bonus on the icy raiments
4 - protection (using what you get on the icy raiments)
3 - chattering ring
4 - insight bonus (mineral II greensteel weapon, lots of work but possible)
3 - barkskin potion
1 - halfling
5 - bulwark of good aura
------------------------

*Note: You could get higher with a +5 protection item, Two Weapon Defense, Dodge, armor 8 bracers, and tomes to get your dex and/or wisdom higher, but again I think you should shoot for mid 50's.

Saves
Fort: 17 Base + 5 Con + 4 Aura + 3 Resist (Icy) + 7 Charisma = 38
Reflex: 14 Base + 7 Dex + 4 Aura + 3 Resist (Icy) + 7 Charisma = 35
Will: 12 Base + 5 Wis + 4 Aura + 3 Resist (Icy) + 7 Charisma = 24

Hope this helps!
Ralmeth

aura on your build is only +4. u need more pally levels for a +5 aura. i'd also lower dex to 15 and eat a +2 dex tome so that points can be put into cha for eventual preparation for DM3

Ralmeth
11-24-2008, 02:00 PM
aura on your build is only +4. u need more pally levels for a +5 aura. i'd also lower dex to 15 and eat a +2 dex tome so that points can be put into cha for eventual preparation for DM3

You're right on the aura. My mistake. I corrected this above. This still brings the AC of this character into the mid-50's (specifically 55, but with the possibility of going higher), which IMHO is a good place to be.

As for the +2 dex tome, I didn't want to assume any +2 tomes because this depends on what the original op has saved up, though I agree with you that a +2 dex tome would be nice. However even if a +2 dex tome is available, as Halflings start at a 10 base dex, and points into dex up to 16 are only 1 creation point each, I would still recommend to start with a 16 dex. Actually, a +2 dex tome would be ideal as this would bring a starting 16 dex up to a final dex to 26 for one more to AC.

Certainly all of these stats should be tweaked based on what tomes are available. Ultimately I think this is a decent build achieving most of what the original op wanted, with the exception of remaining pure Paladin

AC
Mid 50s at end game. I think this is good for a TWF build

Damage
Moderate DPS, which is about the best you can expect on a Paladin. Though the strength is low at 24, this build has a 24 Charisma and should utilize the new exhalted smite and divine sacrifice, along with using extended divine favor and zeal as needed

Saves
Excellent saves.

Solo Ability
This build should be fairly survivable, with a decent AC, moderate DPS, excellent saves and most importantly evasion.

UMD
Check. Enough intelligence is taken to put 1/2 point in at every level. Combined with a 24 Charisma, UMD should be decent.

LOH
Check, as this build is primarily Paladin

To the original op, hope this helps! Feel free to tweak as you see fit:)

Aranticus
11-24-2008, 05:21 PM
You're right on the aura. My mistake. This still brings the AC of this character into the mid-50's (specifically 55, but with the possibility of going higher), which IMHO is a good place to be.

As for the +2 dex tome, I didn't want to assume any +2 tomes because this depends on what the original op has saved up, though I agree with you that a +2 dex tome would be nice. However even if a +2 dex tome is available, as Halflings start at a 10 base dex, and points into dex up to 16 are only 1 creation point each, I would still recommend to start with a 16 dex. Actually, a +2 dex tome would be ideal as this would bring a starting 16 dex up to a final dex to 26 for one more to AC.

Certainly all of these stats should be tweaked based on what tomes are available. Ultimately I think this is a decent build achieving most of what the original op wanted, with the exception of remaining pure Paladin

AC
Mid 50s at end game. I think this is good for a TWF build

Damage
Moderate DPS, which is about the best you can expect on a Paladin. Though the strength is low at 24, this build has a 24 Charisma and should utilize the new exhalted smite and divine sacrifice, along with using extended divine favor and zeal as needed

Saves
Excellent saves.

Solo Ability
This build should be fairly survivable, with a decent AC, moderate DPS, excellent saves and most importantly evasion.

UMD
Check. Enough intelligence is taken to put 1/2 point in at every level. Combined with a 24 Charisma, UMD should be decent.

LOH
Check, as this build is primarily Paladin

To the original op, hope this helps! Feel free to tweak as you see fit:)

i'd forget about divine sacrifice and load up on divine might, the 1 min + to damage is much more efficient, so much so that i dun even mind bringing more than 3 pallys into shrouds now

Ralmeth
11-24-2008, 08:06 PM
i'd forget about divine sacrifice and load up on divine might, the 1 min + to damage is much more efficient, so much so that i dun even mind bringing more than 3 pallys into shrouds now

Ah, and I forgot about Divine Might, mostly because I hate the 1 minute, non-extendable duration, but this will help out with DPS too:)

SteeleTrueheart
11-24-2008, 08:36 PM

Ahhh so thats why I have been allowed into your raids lately. I knew it wasn't because I had gotten less noobish. ;)