PDA

View Full Version : weakening still doesn't work on handwraps

Garth_of_Sarlona
11-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Weakening still doesn't work on handwraps. It made it very hard for me to solo Kobold - because I had to reduce my STR enough that the damage from my w/e wraps wouldn't kill the living spell before it hit str 0. Enfeebling worked fine by the way (on crits).

I tried putting my handwraps into the stone of change but it just spat them out.

Any chance of getting this fixed?

Garth

Dracolich
11-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Good luck, mine have been borked forever. It seems most prefix stat damaging things are not working. I am sure its a "Known issue" along with the monk finishers still not working on the monk casting them. They sure were quick to fix the path of light heal ability on monks but god forbid they fix one or more that truely need fixing.

RobbinB
11-21-2008, 02:08 PM
After the update that applied TWF to unarmed, I made the mistake of selling my two +3 weakening kamas since I figured my +4 weakening handwraps would be better and would save me inventory space. (Brief aside: are Turbine EVER going to increase inventory or bankspace? When the Men. desert mod came out I think I posted something to the effect of inventory being a problem and that would be the first thing I would add to if I were a dev. 2 years later and nothing? Are you kidding me?)

Also, ghost touch from the offering gloves still isn't applying to handwraps. Seriously, guys, maybe it would be faster to just start again and code handwraps as a weapon?

As for Enter the kobold, I picked up some +4 maladroit handwraps, which do work. (Any monks out there try soloing Kobold on elite? The paragon kobolds are no joke.)

Gadget2775
11-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Weakening is still broken but my Maladroit Handwraps work :). IIRC Living Spells have approximately the same Str as Dex...Means this should be a viable alternative for reducing them to "helpless" status without killing them.

Tin_Dragon
11-22-2008, 04:19 PM
I am using Maladroit of Enfeebling atm, although, I notice at 0 dex, I am getting 100% crits, the mobs still swing, but I havent spent anytime to see if they are hitting me, AC is decent so I will play with it later.