PDA

View Full Version : Dragontouched Docent artistic thoughts.

Nick_RC
11-11-2008, 07:17 AM
So....Ugliest docent out there?

I really like the breastplate. My cleric loves it. The full plates not bad the leather is sorta cool...but the docent? U gotta be kidding me. I even took the addy body feat on my wf barb too see if it was better looking. It was worse(side note defiance looks sick on addy plating).

I know turbine just adjusted the BoD can we get a petition for the docent also...seriously. But not along the lines of the breastplate change.

The thing is the docent is actually the most useful set overall and actually makes wf viable as an AC race - please PLEASE just make it look better. And ot just on addy or mithral but on composite body also. Composite plating really gets the shaft in armour looks.

If this in anyway impedes production of new content please ignore this post.

Cheers

N

QuantumFX
11-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Nick,
Turbine could take a lot of the guesswork out of any redesign my holding a design contest every so often. Even if we were limited to the specific DDO 3d models there's still a lot of room to fit in some awesome textures.
-Q

IMHO if those losers on LOTRO get to design a cloak why can't we get to design something too?

roggane
11-11-2008, 07:20 PM
/signed................uggggggggly docent

BlackSteel
11-11-2008, 07:23 PM
i'm not a big fan of the back pack (comp body back), but i like the graphic far more than the defiance or corpsecraft skin

Ghoste
11-11-2008, 07:50 PM
On the right body color, I can see how it might look so bad. Not good, but not quite as hideous.

Between the baby blue dragon touched docents and soft pink named docents (defiance, quickening, corpsecraft, etc.), not to mention the flaming pink of the docent of grace, the warforged of this game are looking more and more like a gay pride parade.

First solution we need is a /hidedocent function. Then proceeding to find ways for players to contribute to decent designs. I know the devs want constructive criticism, but the first thing they need to do with most of the docent designs is to begin DE-constructing them.

Thriand
11-11-2008, 07:53 PM
All docents should look like the silver flame docent! Best looking docent in the game especially on adamantine body

BlackSteel
11-11-2008, 09:51 PM
my favorite docent skin so far was off a random loot table docent; flat skin, nothing flashy, no spikes, no skulls, no plates, it made my warforge look 'au natural' n god did I love it so much compared to some of the hideous skins that pop up more often than not

Jay203
11-11-2008, 10:04 PM
screen shot or it never happend :D
seriously... SCREEN SHOTS!!! (mainly because i'm too lazy to get the docent myself :D)

Shima-ra
11-12-2008, 12:10 AM
I don't think it looks so bad. Maybe because it contrasts well with my body color.
I have a mithril body, so I have the barbarian style "bigpack'' rather then the backpack :p