PDA

View Full Version : Abbot raid in develepment?:P

Aussieee
11-11-2008, 05:23 AM
Wonder if DDO will ever take the time to fix the raid?Is it worted to keep trying something until all of your items are broken and you run out of money to repair lol,alot of people have made up their mind that it isn't.But come on lets be realistic...........new content isn't enought.........why not take a bit of time and change the puzzles duration...........or their type and make them actually solvable?O YEAH AND BTW GOOGLE PUZZLE STIL BUGGED LOL............come on guys get to work we wanna do this raid.SOON!!!!!

Pyromaniac
11-11-2008, 06:53 AM
Well lets see:

Dragon Raid - fixed many times
Titan Raid - fixed many times
DQ Raid - fixed a countless number of times
Reaver Raid - 'fixed' in mod 8 (love it or hate it its not as boring as it was)
Hound Raid - 'fixed' in mod 8 (well kinda broken for average pugs)
Vision Raid - 'fixed' in mod 8 (though not really tweaked very much which was good)

Abbott Raid - honestly hardly anyone would know if was 'fixed', but its probably the raid that most of the player base would like to have 'fixed'. Why not?

Jefro
11-11-2008, 07:16 AM
They made tile duration longer and tiles wider but when it rely on voice communication and even then there is still large fraction of error and latency.

sirgog
11-11-2008, 07:36 AM
They made tile duration longer and tiles wider but when it rely on voice communication and even then there is still large fraction of error and latency.

Actually the preferred strategy for non-Ventrillo groups usually doesn't use voice chat there. (Instead they have the at-risk player move in time with the safe player, who guides them by moving up and down in the safe area)

Inkblack
11-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Let's see:

Ice Puzzle - relatively easy
Invisi-Tile - changed in Mod 8, probably doable with practice
Asteriods - just as impossible as it ever was, without a wall of ghouls

Overall, still not fixed.

Ink

moorewr
11-11-2008, 12:29 PM
"GOOGLE PUZZLE STIL BUGGED LOL"

That never gets old. :p

Issip
11-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Well lets see:

Dragon Raid - fixed many times
Titan Raid - fixed many times
DQ Raid - fixed a countless number of times
Reaver Raid - 'fixed' in mod 8 (love it or hate it its not as boring as it was)
Hound Raid - 'fixed' in mod 8 (well kinda broken for average pugs)
Vision Raid - 'fixed' in mod 8 (though not really tweaked very much which was good)

Abbott Raid - honestly hardly anyone would know if was 'fixed', but its probably the raid that most of the player base would like to have 'fixed'. Why not?

Good point - too bad the devs can see stats on how often it gets completed, otherwise I would think that if we all complained about how easy it was and how the puzzles were a joke it would get attention and they'd accidentally make it reasonable (it's not possible to make it any worse).

Seems they "fix" the most popular raids until their popularity falls down to "normal" levels.

Turial
11-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Good point - too bad the devs can see stats on how often it gets completed, otherwise I would think that if we all complained about how easy it was and how the puzzles were a joke it would get attention and they'd accidentally make it reasonable (it's not possible to make it any worse).

Seems they "fix" the most popular raids until their popularity falls down to "normal" levels.

Teleport to the puzzle to find out the devs accidentally took the floor out. 6 consecutive dings as they either fall to their death or drop into the death water.

Issip
11-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Teleport to the puzzle to find out the devs accidentally took the floor out. 6 consecutive dings as they either fall to their death or drop into the death water.

Technically that may be worse, but it makes no difference to me or a lot of other people. Heck, even if you died instantly upon entering the quest with no save, the quest would essentially be the same to me - specifically not doable and not worth the effort unless you are unemployed, play DDO 24x7 and are in a guild of unemployed people who play DDO 24x7.

Dracolich
11-12-2008, 11:50 AM
The true evidence the raid is broke is...

If it was not broke they would have had tokens in it to unlock the subterrane content like they did with the other raids. Bottom line. Turbine knows it is broke. Maybe its on their "Known Issues" haha thats a friggin joke too.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-12-2008, 12:18 PM
I thought the devs were pretty clear on this... One of the regular posters has in their sig a quote from a dev saying the raid is solved and is solvable by average players without any cheats. Um..ya...but that's their position.

And Kate also came out in the last published article basically saying they won't be going back to change old raids in the immediate future...they talk about it every so often..but its not on the schedule.

Ringos
11-12-2008, 01:00 PM
The true evidence the raid is broke is...

If it was not broke they would have had tokens in it to unlock the subterrane content like they did with the other raids. Bottom line. Turbine knows it is broke. Maybe its on their "Known Issues" haha thats a friggin joke too.

True.

Nirvana
11-12-2008, 01:18 PM
no need to fix the abbot raid, just add Abbot-Touched Armor with non-random crafting effects....

OK, i was joking about the first part, but not joking about the second part tho...

Hordo
11-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Still attempt it at least once a week, either in a guild run (although volunteers for insta-repair-bills are scarce) or by PUG. Still as messed up as ever. I'd give Hordiva's left earlobe to complete that one and get the Litany trinket! GRR!

Dracolich
11-12-2008, 03:24 PM
I have not ran any of the Orchard Quests other then GoP for obvious failing reasons :) and fleshmakers. I dont even know what those other quests look like out there. I would start a group but I think Undead are way over used in DDO. I understand its an undead theme and all its just you can only take so much zombies and the many incarnations of the walking HP meatbags.

moorewr
11-12-2008, 03:26 PM
no need to fix the abbot raid, just add Abbot-Touched Armor with non-random crafting effects....

OK, i was joking about the first part, but not joking about the second part tho...

Please show us on the doll where the Abbot touched the armor...

Vua
11-12-2008, 06:33 PM
I thought the devs were pretty clear on this... One of the regular posters has in their sig a quote from a dev saying the raid is solved and is solvable by average players without any cheats. Um..ya...but that's their position.

And Kate also came out in the last published article basically saying they won't be going back to change old raids in the immediate future...they talk about it every so often..but its not on the schedule.

Right. They don't make changes to existing raids every single mod.

k1dwizard
11-12-2008, 06:40 PM
There is an abbot raid? hell i've been playing this for a year and i thought it was something just mentioned to give people stomach aches, as all i hear are groan of incredible pain over my head phones. lol! never been in it, never flagged for it, come to think dont even know how to flag for it... hmmm now this intrigues me.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Right. They don't make changes to existing raids every single mod.

Only nerfs :D

LGHTNIN33
11-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Well the deal with this raid seems to be the devs think its completable as is.I have been in this raid countless times and spent mountains of plat in repair bills trying to beat it.Can it be beaten in its current state? YES the puzzles can be completed in their current form.I know and have played with the best of the best elite players on my server and the concensus seems to be that we have all witnessed each of the three puzzles completed at some point.The problem is have we ever defeted the raid in current form? NO. So is the quest really broken? To the developers no to the players yes.But if the developers dont do something soon to make it where it is completable by even an above average group of players the raid loot will be obsolete and the raid WILL be forever broken and useless except for anything other than a few points of favor.

Josh
11-13-2008, 11:37 AM

LOL, that's awesome considering that they did just that to three raids this module. Raids that IMO really didn't need tweaking at all, while the one that needed it the most got NOTHING.

To me, Kate is worthless as a lead. Nothing personal of course, but most of her statements about the game are vague, incoherent, or outright wrong. I doubt very, very much that she even plays this game a little bit, if at all. That is disappointing, to say the least.

Talon_Moonshadow
11-13-2008, 12:06 PM
There are currently two things that upset me about this game, that the devs have control over.

No Druids.

And I can't beat the Abbot in it's current form.

Also Greater Teleport has yet to be fiixed, Mass Charm Monster nor fixed.
Trap the Soul effectively useless right now....oh, wait, I said two things.

I have only one quest in my log uncompleted. Guess which one!

And this is actually a cool raid IMO....I really want to beat it.
But I can't in its current form.

I will keep trying, if I can find a group....but it really seems hopless, and that makes me sad.

With the right group the puzzzles can be completed in some fashion.
The last group I was with had some success there.
But zero success surviving the Inferno.... even thogh they seemed to have an idea how it could be done, it never was for one reason or another.

JakLee7
11-13-2008, 06:37 PM
If you are getting an abbot group together on Khyber, you can count in my cleric - I would really like to get it completed and am volunteering my services to try.

Isssssa
11-14-2008, 08:22 AM
I don't understand why people complain so much about the puzzles in the abbot. They are the easier part of the quest. The ice puzzle is easy (esp b/c they last for 12 seconds now), there is a know method for beating the astroid room (mentioned by a poster above) and the puzzle tile room is fairly easy to beat even without using vent, ts or skype. There is a post in the accomplishments forums by Oddlives stating he completed his 20th run.

By far the hardest part is bringing down the abbot (on elite) after you have completed the puzzles. If there is any complaint to be made about the abbot it is why doesn't firesheild (cold version) + firestorm greaves reduce most of the damage from the inferno.

Dracolich
11-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Comparing Oddlived and his guild to the rest of the DDO community is like comparing Japans Technology to that of Ethiopia. They have (it would apear) to have a very strong military precision to their questing like delta force. Kinda like comparing Mr.Cows solo skill to my own. Anything above the depths quests I have trouble with soloing :D. I agree the Abbot may be doable. However explain to me why the Abbot raid was left out on the unlocking of the Subterrane if it wasnt such a messed up raid. I bet you cant. Thanks drive through.

Phidius
11-14-2008, 12:25 PM
... at least for me. I tried running it simply to get the +6 Docent of SR 22 for my silver flame necklace upgrade. Got all the puzzles complete once, only to have the entire party wipe from the immediate inferno when we got back to the main room.

With the new Dragon-touched docent being a +7 Docent with the potential of SR22 from the Tempest ritual, I can't think of anything that would inspire me to run the Abbot.

Of course, I haven't gotten that yet, but I'll bet I can before they "fix" the Abbot...

Aussieee
11-17-2008, 03:30 AM
I don't understand why people complain so much about the puzzles in the abbot. They are the easier part of the quest. The ice puzzle is easy (esp b/c they last for 12 seconds now), there is a know method for beating the astroid room (mentioned by a poster above) and the puzzle tile room is fairly easy to beat even without using vent, ts or skype. There is a post in the accomplishments forums by Oddlives stating he completed his 20th run.

By far the hardest part is bringing down the abbot (on elite) after you have completed the puzzles. If there is any complaint to be made about the abbot it is why doesn't firesheild (cold version) + firestorm greaves reduce most of the damage from the inferno.

What bugs me its that people that say the quest is ok...............and how many times have you completed it?So one person posts that he completed it 20 times............hm and maybe his buddyes but 20 isnt that much anyhow.............but other then that little group who else has completed?

Leyoni
11-17-2008, 04:11 AM
Please show us on the doll where the Abbot touched the armor...

LOL. And this didn't get you points???? :D

moorewr
11-17-2008, 09:57 AM
LOL. And this didn't get you points???? :D

I thought it was a perfectly appropriate question. :p