PDA

View Full Version : Stormreach Mayoral Election - Here's The Vote! VOTE HERE!

Mockduck
11-10-2008, 12:42 PM
The time has come to vote for the next Mayor of Stormreach.

Harbormaster Zin

http://images.quickblogcast.com/82681-72328/Zin1.png

Harbormaster Zin currently resides in the Harbor and works to keep tabs on the Waterworks as a municipal administrator. Running on a platform of "He knows the business!", Zin may have the backing of the Coin Lords. He supports increased military might (more guards!), cleaning up the city and training new players to deal with the perils of Stormreach.

He's also been in a tough campaign fight with his rival Lord Gerald Goodblade. Not the best public speaker, but earnest to a fault, Zin has been known to tout his qualifications for the job.

"Lord" Gerald Goodblade

http://images.quickblogcast.com/82681-72328/Gerald1.png

"Lord" Gerald Goodblade is currently residing outside of the city's walls following a last-minute campaign scandal. He claims that "goons" of Harbormaster Zin have threatened his safety. He's also quite concerned about the abilities of Mindflayer Fred to sway voters...his opponents point to some allegedly damaging screenshots involving him and Charlotte the Scarlett as the main reason for his recent disappearance.

Goodblade, known to many as one of the first people they encounter in Stormreach, has been working to get people started on their questing lifestyle through the acquisition of ancient daggers. He's also received criticism for the quality of his so-called "Swords of Tesyus".

His campaign platform includes better health care for the aged, increased guild support and moderate change to the city. His slogan, "Why do Better when you can do Good", remains a mystery to this day.

Nat Gann

http://images.quickblogcast.com/82681-72328/NatGann.png

Nat Gann is another current mayoral candidate who no longer resides within the city walls of Stormreach. His campaign has seen increased support from people who remember his valiant efforts to keep people entertained even as portals of Shavarath began opening throughout the Marketplace. He survived the attack, but just barely, and could be seen writhing on the ground in pain with a broken leg for months until he disappeared.

As Gann tells it, he was placed on a stretcher by unknown people and shuttled outside of the city's walls. Since then, he has experienced a difficult life, fighting displacer beasts, intellect devourers, goblins and other monsters that have been eradicated from the city. He just wants back in, and being mayor would be a great way for him to once again be useful. He promises to stay out of the way...

Gann claims to have a "very wordy" Four Point Plan. He also supports free travel to Meridia and Beyond, increased player events and "wants to tax your pants off!"

His slogan is "Nat Gann for Every Man!"

Skrapps

http://images.quickblogcast.com/82681-72328/Skrapps1.png

Skrapps knows all about combat. This feisty and somewhat insane Kobold can be seen consistently residing in the Wayward Lobster, guiding people to "Fight! Fight PvP! PvP Forever! Fight! Fight! Fight! Dizafrabadoo!"

Freakishly crazy and cold-blooded, this perennial candidate is running on a few ideas:

- Fight! PvP Forever!
- PvP Everywhere!
- Bite Jerry's Face!

Jester of the Festivault

http://images.quickblogcast.com/82681-72328/JesterWhole.png

This somewhat creepy candidate believes in giving you candy. He loves you. Very, very much....

Known for taking your coins for twigs and coal, the Jester has the ability to be in three places at once, something he frequently touts as a good reason to vote for him for mayor. He also has a habit of renaming his holiday and generally can only be seen during a certain time of the year.

The Jester is running on a platform of free dental care for all. Free dental care and candy. Sweet, sweet candy. Candy for you. You love candy, don't you? He loves you, you know....

Mindflayer Fred

http://images.quickblogcast.com/82681-72328/Fredbaby.png

Mindflayer Fred is a long-time resident of House Jorasco and can be seen living under a slab of rock. Somewhat dark and mysterious, Fred has become "the go-to" resident for feat respects. A consummate businessman who seized on a service not being met to ensure his continued survival, Fred has managed to avoid being killed by citizens who otherwise tend to greet Mindflayers with very sharp swords....

Fred is running on a platform of major change to the city. His "reign" would include support for the powerful, destruction of the city's enemies and more feats. He knows what you want and is not afraid to tap into your mind.

His support has grown significantly since he announced his candidacy, particularly among those he has "helped" see why he should become mayor.

###

So, the vote will remain open until Friday, November 14th, 2008 at 6pm Eastern time! The vote takes place both here and on DDO-Europe.com. Let's hear who you think should be mayor!

Jerry

More information can be found at www.MayorofStormreach.com.

Brianius
11-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Vote Now And Vote For Skrapps! Skrapps Is Kobold And Kobold Best!

Thorboar
11-10-2008, 01:36 PM
I vote for Montague Goudreau of the coin lords (the dude outside of market bank).....man.....he make some gooooood cajun foooood! Vote for GOOOOOUDREAU!!!

tihocan
11-10-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm all for Harbormaster Zin! He's always been nice to me, granting me a prompt market access :)

Lessah
11-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Fred has a commanding lead! BLAST it all!

valorik
11-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Fred's the only one who ever actually helped me, I cast my ballot for him.

LawstCawz
11-10-2008, 03:43 PM
I wonder if these votes will effect dev decisions... think before you vote.

totmacher
11-10-2008, 03:46 PM
it brings a tear to my eye to see nat gann in the race, he is a true darkhorse candidate, number 3 on this list now and not even having been pushed in the primaries!

VOTE NAT GANN!!!!!

Aerniel
11-10-2008, 04:03 PM
vooooote freeeeeddd...... -drools-

freeeeeeedddd.....

cdbd3rd
11-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Fred has a commanding lead! BLAST it all!

That IS one of his forte's. ;)

Beherit_Baphomar
11-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Had to vote for Skrapps.
The rest annoy me no end. Lord Goodblades is a charlatan and a thief. Harbourmaster Zin has a dagger in his hand, which equals tinfoil hat wearing paranoid schizo. Fred takes all my money. Nat Gann annoys the absolute **** out of me...I was glad to see him on his arse in the marketplace and glad hes disappeared. The Jester reminds me of a certain presidential candidate, too angry for my tastes...so Skrapps it is.

Kistilan
11-10-2008, 05:03 PM
That IS one of his forte's. ;)

Ironically, the underdog catching up is Nat Gann, effectively putting Fred back in his place to sulking underneath the populace of Stormreach! ;)

Nat Gann's never had to change for any mod! Nat Gann's got the fortitude and dexterity to soldier on for Stormreach. Nat Gann's the Rock of Stormreach.

Nat Gann's the People's Champ! Can you smell that? Can you smell what the Stormreach Rock's been cook'n?

Smells like unyielding victory. Victory to Nat Gann -- for every man!

CDG
11-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Scrapps makes me laugh but Fred let me ditch Fav.Enemy Construct for Giant....

....hmmm tough choices.....

kudesnik
11-10-2008, 07:33 PM
As Human Sorcerer I vote for Gerald :) . Sure his moral is not the highest, but hey he that is what humans do ( sometimes ) :)

Clankenbeard
11-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Firstly, thanks to the Devs for allowing Jerry to start up this poll!

Secondly, how does my main man "H"-to-the-"Z" get his name misspelled? Jerry. It's "Zin", not "Zinn". People are probably getting confused by this grievous error and are mistakenly voting for Pat Buchanan instead of Zin. Sigh. Recount! Recount! Unfair to the masses. Crucial votes are being lost here. This is a political mockery! How would you like it if ,instead of Jerry Snook, people called you Superfly Jimmy Snuka? This misspelling AND THIS ALONE will no doubt cost Zin the election. :eek:

Oh and you mispelled "Festivult" too, but nobody cares.

(Memnir? No more cool posters? Your boy is winning.)

Clankenbeard
11-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Nat Gann's never had to change for any mod!
1. He had to change his pants after I kicked his pole out from under him.
2. He had to change his dialogue when he busted his leg and couldn't get up (hope he had Cleric-Alert jewelry).
3. He had to change his zip code when Tag Hardcastle took his spot and started doing handstands.

Kistilan
11-10-2008, 08:29 PM
1. He had to change his pants after I kicked his pole out from under him.
2. He had to change his dialogue when he busted his leg and couldn't get up (hope he had Cleric-Alert jewelry).
3. He had to change his zip code when Tag Hardcastle took his spot and started doing handstands.

Feh!!! waves a hand at you in dismissal :mad:

1. That was all your doing, you freely admit it!
2. You could have healed him!
3. Tag's under Zin's payroll, much like a certain dwarven cleric that kicks poles out from under the common folk!

Memnir
11-10-2008, 08:43 PM
.....http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/GavinGoulden_Mindflayer_01-1-1.jpg

.....http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/55-1-3.jpg

.....http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/mind_flayer_1000jpgrZd187786-1.jpg

.....http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/90318-1-1-1.jpg

*these public-service reminders were brought to you by: The Friends of Fred™

(just biding my time, Clankenbeard. :) Just biding my time... also I havent had time to make any new ones - so the old will have to do for the time being hehehe)

Clankenbeard
11-10-2008, 09:15 PM
just biding my time, Clankenbeard.[/I] :) Just biding my time... also I havent had time to make any new ones - so the old will have to do for the time being hehehe)
I have to admit that they are all pretty awesome. Glad to see them posted here again so more folks can see/revisit them. Now, where's that one of Harbormaster Zin, that you promised me?

sirgog
11-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Coyle.

Someone's gotta vote for the underdog.

ShaeNightbird
11-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Mindflayer Fred? MINDFLAYER FRED? What sort of dirty kobold, sewer sludging spin is THIS! Empath is a much more appropriate term. Shame, Shame on the forces of Zin, using inflammatory rhetoric such as Mindflayer. And even this doesn't stop the tentacled juggernaut. He's winning!

Baron
11-10-2008, 09:45 PM
I was going to tell Fred i was going to vote for someone else but I changed my mind while talking to him........

Mockduck
11-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Firstly, thanks to the Devs for allowing Jerry to start up this poll!

Secondly, how does my main man "H"-to-the-"Z" get his name misspelled? Jerry. It's "Zin", not "Zinn". People are probably getting confused by this grievous error and are mistakenly voting for Pat Buchanan instead of Zin. Sigh. Recount! Recount! Unfair to the masses. Crucial votes are being lost here. This is a political mockery! How would you like it if ,instead of Jerry Snook, people called you Superfly Jimmy Snuka? This misspelling AND THIS ALONE will no doubt cost Zin the election. :eek:

Oh and you mispelled "Festivult" too, but nobody cares.

(Memnir? No more cool posters? Your boy is winning.)

Actually, thanks to you and Lessah for coming up with this idea in the first place! :)

I've fixed Zinn's, um, I mean Zin's name in the post, but I couldn't seem to edit the poll. So, the "ballot error" remains. That's what I get for posting a poll on a Monday morning. I've actually been spelling this wrong for weeks! The bad spellings got in my head and I've never been able to get them out.

Oh, and Zin's election will rise and fall on his platform. Which is raised above the rest of the Harbor, so that's a plus...

Mockduck
11-10-2008, 09:52 PM
I was going to tell Fred i was going to vote for someone else but I changed my mind while talking to him........

Exit polls appear to be showing that you're not alone in this....

query
11-10-2008, 10:07 PM
even Fred's "suggestions"could not sway me from the Jester. Festival forever!

ZNKJ1234
11-10-2008, 10:29 PM
I dont know i thinks skrapps and fred should have a fight and whoever wins gets mayor.

VOTE SKRAPPS!

Epox
11-10-2008, 11:19 PM
I feel compelled to vote for Fred....

Memnir
11-11-2008, 02:47 AM
-edit for removal-

Hraust
11-11-2008, 03:15 AM
-edit for removal-

I think Fred paid him a visit...

Asherons_Chosen
11-11-2008, 09:24 AM
Grawwl for Mayor!

He's a warrior!

Jefro
11-12-2008, 08:10 AM
Goodblade for me.

MrCow
11-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Lets see here...

I've seen Zin eating steak while giving me my Writ of Commendation. Nope!

"Lord" Gerald Goodblade had a minotaur leg in that desk of his for the times he needed to prove his lordliness with an instant banquet. Nope!

The Jester of the Festavult was passing out cow-shaped cookies to the Stormreach Youth, teaching them the value of cow slaughter at a tender age. Nope!

Skrapps bites both Jerry's face and cows. Nope!

I once saw Nat Gann beat a dead cow with that stick of his. Nope!

Mindflayer Fred screws with the minds of humans and dwarves alike, but leaves the cows alone. Perfectly acceptable! :D

Giacomo
11-12-2008, 09:06 AM
My Vote:

NO Kobolds!! Ever since my first entry into Durk's and hearing "Kobolds Never Forget, Kobolds always Hate You", I've made it my personal business to kill them all.

I'm GLAD Nat got smashed in the Tent Destruction, and had wished for a long time he'd fall and break his neck.

Zin and Goodblade make you work for their favor, so they will never get the job done.

The Jester? He's around for a couple weeks every year! Forget That!

Fred? No one's going to touch my Brain.

So my write in vote: Captain Killmarten. For 20gp he gives you entry into the Market. A little payola and Stormreach is yours for the taking.

Killmarten for Mayor!!

Kirgar
11-12-2008, 11:39 AM
So my write in vote: Captain Killmarten. For 20gp he gives you entry into the Market. A little payola and Stormreach is yours for the taking.

Killmarten for Mayor!!

Behold! Corruption slinking it's way into the polls! Such is the nature, I suppose, but seriously. Fred is clearly the best choice. Not only has he helped me out numerous times, albeit for a price, he has never made a single attempt to eat my brain. And look at that face! So charming, so charismatic!

Mockduck
11-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Man, there's some funny stuff in here. Just a reminder that voting runs through Friday at 6pm Eastern, so there's still plenty of time to vote!

Deuce
11-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Fred, Fred, Fred!!!

Ciaran
11-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Charlotte the Harlo...Scarlett!

cdbd3rd
11-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Exit polls are showing a phenomenal lead by Fred.

Hope he's working on that inaugural mass-mental-transmission speech. :D

Beherit_Baphomar
11-13-2008, 02:25 PM
VOTE SKRAPPS!

VOTE SKRAPPS!

Kobold for the people, by the people!!!

cdbd3rd
11-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Kobold good for the people, eaten by the people!!!

(fixed)

MmmMmmmmmm..... Sammiches. :D

_

Beherit_Baphomar
11-13-2008, 02:43 PM
You people are voting for Nat Gann, a man that each and every one of us wanted to kick over every time we saw his smug face on that pole. The entire population of Stormreach rejoiced! when he was lying on the ground...I mean seriously, who didnt repeatedly /jump on him?

And as for the Mind Flayer.......I mean come ON! IT'S A MIND FLAYER! Are you people insane?!??!

amysrevenge
11-13-2008, 07:50 PM
I love Mindflayer Fred. He's much better than Cats. I'll vote for him again and again.

MrCow
11-13-2008, 07:52 PM
And as for the Mind Flayer.......I mean come ON! IT'S A MIND FLAYER! Are you people insane?!??!

I am indeed insane. However, that had no influence on my voting.

Arkat
11-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Looks like we're heading to a run-off between Mindflayer Fred and Nat Gann.

Memnir
11-13-2008, 08:41 PM
Bring Change to Stormreach!

.....http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/MINDFLAYER2-1.jpg

*this ad brought to you by: The Friends of Fred™

Beherit_Baphomar
11-13-2008, 08:48 PM
I am indeed insane. However, that had no influence on my voting.

Apparently you are insane, talkin' to yerself.

VOTE SKRAPPS!

Garth_of_Sarlona
11-13-2008, 11:31 PM
I've been trying to get to sleep for an hour but this voice keeps screaming in my head 'Vote For Fred! Vote For Fred!'. In the end I had to come and vote just to shut him up... hope it works.

Garth

Brenolan
11-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Having moved to Stormreach about two and a half years ago I haven't completely familiarized myself with the local election laws/processes. However it seems to me that being a resident of Ebberon would be a primary requirement of any candidate, on any continent of Ebberon.

Lets put Fred's questionable appetite to the side for one moment and ask ourselves this: Do we really want someone from Xoriat as a mayor of Stormreach? I've personally found that all my encounters with creatures from Xoriat to be quite unpleasant and now, as a rule, tend to avoid them at all costs.

Lets not forget that Fred, who lives quietly in the shadows of the House Jorasco Enclave, appeared after one of the largest Xoriat invasions and was then perfectly positioned to oversee another invasion into our fair plane of existence.

Do we really need more help from Fred?

Paid for by Ebberoneans for Ebberon

Mockduck
11-14-2008, 05:52 PM
The results are in for the Stormreach Mayoral Election and the next mayor is....

http://images.quickblogcast.com/82681-72328/Fredbaby.png

Mayor-Elect Mindflayer Fred!

Here are the combined results from DDO.com and DDO-Europe.com:

Name Votes Percentage

Harbormaster Zin 39 11.7%
Lord Gerals Goodblade 12 3.6%
Nat Gann 53 15.9%
Skrapps 26 7.8%
Jester of the Festivus 24 7.2%
Mindflayer Fred 165 49.4%
Write in 15 4.5%

Total Votes: 334

Write-In Candidates Receiving Votes:

Markey
Hypnotoad
Vampire in House J
Guck
Garrison
Mudkips
Coyle
Krung the Brutal
Baudry Cartamon
Coyle
Grawwl
Captain Killmarten
Charlotte the Scarlet

Stay tuned for the Election Results special on DDOcast Episode 94!

Jerry