PDA

View Full Version : Packet Loss?

Seneca_Windforge
11-10-2008, 12:24 AM
I've noticed that Khyber seems kind of laggy, and several other people I've grouped with seem to be seeing this as well. I'm getting packet loss -- sometimes none, or a very small amount like 0.1-3%, but it occasionally spikes up to 5% or even 15%. This is usually accompanied by rubberbanding or getting stuck in place (the usual problems when packet loss occurs).

Is anyone else getting packet loss (I need to know about packet loss specifically, not just lag)? I'm trying to diagnose a connection issue, and I need to know if the packet loss is happening to a lot of people or just me.

honkuimushi
11-10-2008, 03:33 AM
Last weekend, maybe Friday morning US time I was getting really bad lag while soloing the NPE with packet loss of 5% or more. There was about a 5 or 10 minute period where I was just rubberbanding and couldn't move at all. I ended up doing a few things in the kitchen and when I came back, I was still rubberbanding, but I could move somewhat. A few minutes later it pretty much cleared up.

Actually all weekend I was getting pretty bad lag, but that was the only time I really checked my connection. I'll look when I'm on tonaight.

Boneyard
11-10-2008, 03:56 AM
yeah noticed a pretty bad packet loss for the last week or so (around 5-8%) mostly while I was in explorer areas and not in quest themselves.

sirgog
11-10-2008, 04:16 AM
Last weekend, maybe Friday morning US time I was getting really bad lag while soloing the NPE with packet loss of 5% or more. There was about a 5 or 10 minute period where I was just rubberbanding and couldn't move at all. I ended up doing a few things in the kitchen and when I came back, I was still rubberbanding, but I could move somewhat. A few minutes later it pretty much cleared up.

Actually all weekend I was getting pretty bad lag, but that was the only time I really checked my connection. I'll look when I'm on tonaight.

I've also been having intermittent packet loss issues like this, but not restricted to a particular type of instance.

Durack
11-10-2008, 04:52 AM
has been happening to me since 7.1 update. shroud is always mostly 10%-13% for me here on thelains server so it's NOT an isolated incident nor server specific.. It's on turbines end.

honkuimushi
11-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Ok, so I just finished soloing a few harbor quests on my lowbie and I had pretty much 1 - 2% packet loss. I never saw it less than .08% and it was usually 1 - 1.3%. I never used to get packet loss unless the server was choking pretty badly so something's wrong. I've also noticed that I'm getting really long loading times. I wonder if this is what's causing it.

This is on Khyber by the way.

Seneca_Windforge
11-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Well, at least it isn't on my end...

It seems to happen to me when I'm around a busy area, like the refuge tavern. It's not so bad when I'm alone, but it never happened to me in the past except in a few rare circumstances.

Mindspat
11-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Last week (Monday through Thursday) I was experiancing packet loss upwards of 60%. I was also having issues with my internet provider, Comcast, and assumed it was on their end.

During this time I was frequently unable to connect to DDO. When starting the client it would hang when attempting to verify files. I also recieved several ERROR 40000 codes - assumed this is a network related code.

Pyromaniac
11-11-2008, 07:04 AM
Yes lag has been bad, though my packet loss hasn't gone above about 3-4%. Definitely a Turbine related issue as the whole party is generally affected at the same time.

Last night on Thelanis, guildees in multiple instances/parties reported lag all at the same time - so it may be server wide lag spikes.

Pyromaniac
11-11-2008, 08:42 PM
The lag wasn't fixed in todays downtime, horrible shroud lag between 9 and 9:30 pm EST on Thelanis.

Standard effects of not being able to move, heals not going off etc...resulting in heavy usage of major mana pots to be able to complete the shroud. Sad the player base is paying the price for this.