PDA

View Full Version : The Voice of Power path: A suggestion

RavenStormclaw
11-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Since this last mod came out I have done some of the high level content but have spent considerable time on Kortho's island. I simply love this area. I have rerolled several characters simply experiementing with the various paths that have been created.

They all seem good save one. The sorcerer path The Voice of Power has great potential but I would make one simple suggestion/change. The initial spell selection is a bit off. Hypnotism and Magic Missle are the currently pre-selected spells. Hypno simply won't get it done for a lone sorcerer at level 1. I've tried it and I have been playing for a while so I know what I am doing. Charm person would be a much better choice over hypno. A lone sorcerer with his own army would be much better. Now I know everyone will say your supposed to group but as a brand new player might not understand that or know how or be afraid to (I know I was a little leary when I first started) it would be nice if they could be successfull at the beginning and not get frustrated. Currenlty in my humble opinion hypno needs to be switched to charm person to make The Voice of Power viable.

Raven

Craggath
11-09-2008, 10:51 AM
One reason that the Dev's might have picked Hypno is that there are four types of mobs (generally) on Korthos Island

Humans (cultists)
Vermin (spiders, rats, lumping Mephits in here)
Shahuagin
Undead

Charm Person can only affect humans, and thus has very limited usage, while Hypno can affect humans and shahuagin. There really are no level 1 "Voice of Power Style" spells besides those two.

RavenStormclaw
11-09-2008, 10:58 AM
One reason that the Dev's might have picked Hypno is that there are four types of mobs (generally) on Korthos Island

Humans (cultists)
Vermin (spiders, rats, lumping Mephits in here)
Shahuagin
Undead

Charm Person can only affect humans, and thus has very limited usage, while Hypno can affect humans and shahuagin. There really are no level 1 "Voice of Power Style" spells besides those two.

That's what I thought at first but went back and tested it Shahuagin can be charmed just like kobolds, hobgoblins etc.