PDA

View Full Version : allow bound raid armor to be upgraded via dragontouched

ArkoHighStar
11-07-2008, 02:20 PM
someone put up this htread a little while ago
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=163340

and it gave me an idea on how we could salvage a lot of peoples precious dragonscale and raid bound armor and robes.

Allow people to upgrade the armor by givng them one rune slot

Have it cost draconic runes

60 draconic runes for eldritch slot
120 draconic runes for tempest slot
180 draconic runes for Sovereign slot

The armor can only have one slot so if you buy one and want to upgrade you replace slot with new slot losing any effects already given and leaving an empty slot that needs a new rune.

This would allow people to keep things like the KDS, blue dragonscale armor etc, and gain one benefit form the dragon rune system. It will also encourage those who want to keep what they have to run the new content, because lets face it if you don't like the armor choices there is no reason to run any of it

Turial
11-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Its interesting, but what stops the icy rainments from getting the same slot added to it and becoming even more powerful?

Gol
11-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Its interesting, but what stops the icy rainments from getting the same slot added to it and becoming even more powerful?
Mmmm, +7 Dodge on 1 item :eek:

Turial
11-07-2008, 02:52 PM

Yes, that and other things are what worry me.

I suppose you could limit to items of draconic origin. Scales inbue our dragon armors and draconic runes are used to "make" our dragon touched armor.

WeaselKing
11-07-2008, 03:42 PM

My first thought exactly.

VirieSquichie
11-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Dragontouched is supposedly made out of some unknown material...

...so retrofitting "normal" materials to mount a rune seems like it wouldn't work.

Aesop
11-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Icy Raiments aren't Raid Armor... they are Bound Armor

As long as the difference is encoded this shouldn't be a problem.

I'd suggest that each slot added adds to minimum Level requirement to use... this may help keep certain things from becoming too powerful.

Or something else like that to maintain power levels

Aesop

Naso24
11-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Great idea! I love my dragonscale armor on my caster. I hate the black plate on my cleric, since it became outdated with Mod 7 items. This would provide a way to get some use out of it.

I would also consider adding the armors you can create from relic turn-ins. That would provide another option for those that do not want to farm for scales and it would be power balanced. It would also introduce more armor skins.

QuantumFX
11-07-2008, 05:24 PM
My 2 coppers for anyone that cares…

The suggestion the OP is referring to was made to increase the lifespan of dragonscale armor. Which, frankly, looks better than most of the recycled textures that we get on named armors. (I like the idea because I like the look of the Black Dragon Leather over the look of Dragontouched Leather.)

The only problem I saw with that is that adding the 3 dragontouched enchantments on top of the dragonscale enchantments would be really overpowered. Now if the process converted the dragonscale armor to the same base stats (Armor bonus/Max DEX) and converted the dragonscale enchantments to fill specific Eldrich/Tempest/Soverign slots and then you could justify it as: It costs 20 Dragon Scales and 150 Runes to add an additional Greater Elemental Resist and a cool looking skin. (Though Dragonscale armor with cool looking glowing runes would be sweet too...)

Example: Bubba the cleric takes his Blue Dragonscale Full plate and 150 runes over to the dragontouched armor vendor and trades him the 150 runes for a conversion rune.

Bubba takes his Blue Dragon Full Plate and conversion rune over to one of the alters and activates the alter. The armor becomes Dragontouched Blue Dragonscale Full plate. It gains a ML: of 16, the same Armor/Max DEX stats as Dragontouched Full Plate. The Greater Electrical resistance stays with the armor, The Spell Pen VII takes the Soverign slot, the Greater Arcane Lore takes the Tempest slot and the Potency VII takes the Eldrich slot.

Now for the +Dodge item mini flamewar growing here I have an easy solution*:

1) Make a suit of Dragontouched chain shirt for the 20-26 DEX guys.
2) Make the Chaosguarde Dodge bonus a Draconic Rune Enchantment
3) Make the Chattering Ring Dodge Bonus a Tempest Rune Enchantment
4) Make the Icy Raiment Dodge bonus a Soverign Rune Enchantment

* Note I said easy solution not a good solution. A good solution is not to let +dodge items stack.

ArkoHighStar
11-07-2008, 06:37 PM
My 2 coppers for anyone that cares…

The suggestion the OP is referring to was made to increase the lifespan of dragonscale armor. Which, frankly, looks better than most of the recycled textures that we get on named armors. (I like the idea because I like the look of the Black Dragon Leather over the look of Dragontouched Leather.)

The only problem I saw with that is that adding the 3 dragontouched enchantments on top of the dragonscale enchantments would be really overpowered. Now if the process converted the dragonscale armor to the same base stats (Armor bonus/Max DEX) and converted the dragonscale enchantments to fill specific Eldrich/Tempest/Soverign slots and then you could justify it as: It costs 20 Dragon Scales and 150 Runes to add an additional Greater Elemental Resist and a cool looking skin. (Though Dragonscale armor with cool looking glowing runes would be sweet too...)

Example: Bubba the cleric takes his Blue Dragonscale Full plate and 150 runes over to the dragontouched armor vendor and trades him the 150 runes for a conversion rune.

Bubba takes his Blue Dragon Full Plate and conversion rune over to one of the alters and activates the alter. The armor becomes Dragontouched Blue Dragonscale Full plate. It gains a ML: of 16, the same Armor/Max DEX stats as Dragontouched Full Plate. The Greater Electrical resistance stays with the armor, The Spell Pen VII takes the Soverign slot, the Greater Arcane Lore takes the Tempest slot and the Potency VII takes the Eldrich slot.

Now for the +Dodge item mini flamewar growing here I have an easy solution*:

1) Make a suit of Dragontouched chain shirt for the 20-26 DEX guys.
2) Make the Chaosguarde Dodge bonus a Draconic Rune Enchantment
3) Make the Chattering Ring Dodge Bonus a Tempest Rune Enchantment
4) Make the Icy Raiment Dodge bonus a Soverign Rune Enchantment

* Note I said easy solution not a good solution. A good solution is not to let +dodge items stack.

No I suggested allowing only one rune be added not 3 that would indeed be overpowered, the choices is that you buy which kind of rune you want

ArkoHighStar
11-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Dragontouched is supposedly made out of some unknown material...

...so retrofitting "normal" materials to mount a rune seems like it wouldn't work.

Dragontouched armor is whatever the devs want it to be

ArkoHighStar
11-07-2008, 06:38 PM
My first thought exactly.

the post states raid armor only not bound armor

Oreg
11-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Alernatively, allow us to deconstruct dragon armor so that we can reuse the scales elsewhere.

QuantumFX
11-07-2008, 08:55 PM
No I suggested allowing only one rune be added not 3 that would indeed be overpowered, the choices is that you buy which kind of rune you want

I was thinking of the suggestion in the other thread when I wrote my post.