PDA

View Full Version : Raining on Turbine's Parade

Aspenor
11-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Sure, teleporting devils are cool but...

Aren't the Quori more active in their activity on Eberron? Just sayin'....

arrrcher
11-07-2008, 10:38 AM
the Quori as mobs in lvl 20 quests for the final end game? if we make it that far?

then we can dispense with this Eberron nonsense and redo the game in the Forgotten Realms, or better yet Greyhawk;)

ArkoHighStar
11-07-2008, 10:42 AM
the Quori as mobs in lvl 20 quests for the final end game? if we make it that far?

then we can dispense with this Eberron nonsense and redo the game in the Forgotten Realms, or better yet Greyhawk;)

god no

ArkoHighStar
11-07-2008, 10:47 AM
the problem with the quoruiis that on the prime material plane they only currently exist as spirits so they must have a host, which basically makes hyped up versions of other mobs, like the WF in POP. To see teir true form we would have to travel to Dal Quor, which from most of the descriptions is juts big floating blobs of color etc. Adventures against the Sarlonian inspired (vessels for the Quori on eberron) woudl be interesting as they do have a city established on Xendrik.

arrrcher
11-07-2008, 10:58 AM
the problem with the quoruiis that on the prime material plane they only currently exist as spirits so they must have a host, which basically makes hyped up versions of other mobs, like the WF in POP. To see teir true form we would have to travel to Dal Quor, which from most of the descriptions is juts big floating blobs of color etc. Adventures against the Sarlonian inspired (vessels for the Quori on eberron) woudl be interesting as they do have a city established on Xendrik.

errr, yeah, "big floating blobs of color"...

exciting.

Eberron: robots and symbiots and... laaazzzooorrrs

snore...

(sry to hijack your thread Asp with a pointless discussion of the merits of Eberron v. other settings, but I couldn't help it;))

Turial
11-07-2008, 11:00 AM

There are spots where the divide between Ebberon and Dal Quor are less then absolute and fully manifested Quori can appear....especially on Xendrick where the device that destroyed the physical link between the two worlds is hidden.

Aspenor
11-07-2008, 11:07 AM

why would you bother fighting the quori on the material plane at level 16? :) travel straight to Dal Quor.

arrrcher
11-07-2008, 11:12 AM
because then you would be fighting...

big floating blobs of color!

woo hoo;)

Aspenor
11-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Oh and I just had to make this post after seeing this picture...
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/moe_gallery/91453.jpg
an artificer using Khyber Trap (like trap the soul) to fight a Quori

Griphon
11-08-2008, 01:34 PM
because then you would be fighting...

big floating blobs of color!

woo hoo;)

Wrong.
Obviously you've never read up on the subjects..

Quori have bodies... They described as the ultimate nightmare creatures. They've even published a few of them in various source books.... Things like a bipedal crab with energy claws like a MindBlade's weapon.

The previous statement about Dal Quor being a void of colorful balls is indeed false. There is a significant 'land mass' to the realm... There's alien buildings and landscapes... A dreamland of minds... The 'balls' referenec I can only believe to the 'outter area' of the plane where there are what are best described as 'dream spheres'... A little pocket dimension created by the dreaming mind of a sentient in the material world.

dameron
11-08-2008, 01:58 PM
More monsters that 95%+ of the people who've played D&D have never heard of? No thanks.

Borror0
11-08-2008, 02:31 PM
More monsters that 95%+ of the people who've played D&D have never heard of? No thanks.
Totally agreed. We shouldn't try to use the aspects of the setting, ever. Death to novelty!

Aesop
11-08-2008, 02:33 PM

Broaden your horizons try new things ... if that doesn't work try just saying they are different types of demons

:D

Aesop

Noctus
11-08-2008, 03:59 PM

I play DDO not because of Eberron, but in spite of Eberron.

Putting in more "old-and-familiar" monsters would evoke some of those cherished pen&paper D&D moments.

For my personal taste Eberron is to "steam"punky. I would prefer a setting in which Bugbears dwell in the woods, instead of work in the "Happy Woodsman Bar&Grill". Where magic is rare and perhaps a bit mysterious to the non-initiated, instead of a setting in which the well-to-do send a Wizzogram to aunt Pattie before they hop onto the lighning train to visit her.

Magnyr_Delorn
11-09-2008, 08:00 AM
I play DDO not because of Eberron, but in spite of Eberron.

You and me both.

kingfisher
11-09-2008, 11:12 AM
You and me both.

here here!

forgotten realms would be much more to my personal taste.

ArkoHighStar
11-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Wrong.
Obviously you've never read up on the subjects..

Quori have bodies... They described as the ultimate nightmare creatures. They've even published a few of them in various source books.... Things like a bipedal crab with energy claws like a MindBlade's weapon.

The previous statement about Dal Quor being a void of colorful balls is indeed false. There is a significant 'land mass' to the realm... There's alien buildings and landscapes... A dreamland of minds... The 'balls' referenec I can only believe to the 'outter area' of the plane where there are what are best described as 'dream spheres'... A little pocket dimension created by the dreaming mind of a sentient in the material world.

the plane of dreams is an everchanging landscape