PDA

View Full Version : AC for an intimitank barbarian

Turren
11-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Edit- These ninja posts are annoying.

Eternity25
11-05-2008, 12:15 AM
Would 58 buffed ac, 481hp (without any rages), and 56 intimidate be suitable for a drow 14barb/2ftr intimitank?

I could also switch the race to elf for 58 buffed ac, 497hp (without any rages), and 56 intimidate?

BurningDownTheHouse
11-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Not bad, ufortunatly against those mobs u need that high intim score of yours, your AC will be as good as no ac.
Might be usful against the trashier mobs though.

Kraldor
11-05-2008, 12:56 AM
Even if your AC won't be high enough, it will still be useful to have intimidate going for the purposes of aggro management.

I would definitely go 32 point elf over Drow. More points to put in the more important places.

Noctus
11-05-2008, 03:25 AM
Against trash-mobs it will work very well.

Against raid-bosses you will be a good second choice intimi-meatshield. If your group doesnt have a high-AC intimidator you can step in.
Its easier for the clerics to concentrate on 1 tank, instead of 6 who are in need of attention.

tihocan
11-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Question is, did you factor in improved uncanny dodge in your AC calculation? If not, then it should work ok (not untouchable, but AC will make a difference). If yes, then it's probably not enough.

Noctus
11-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Question is, did you factor in improved uncanny dodge in your AC calculation? If not, then it should work ok (not untouchable, but AC will make a difference). If yes, then it's probably not enough.

Yep. Short-time boosts like Uncanny Dodge and Human AC Boost dont count to "buffed" AC. They are "burst" AC, which is not really that important for an Intimitank, who wants aggro all the time, and not just 20secs on occasions.

Eternity25
11-05-2008, 06:59 PM
With Uncanny Dodge, I'd have a 66 ac. I never factored it into my original calculations.

tihocan
11-06-2008, 12:00 PM
With Uncanny Dodge, I'd have a 66 ac. I never factored it into my original calculations.
Ok cool, just had to make sure :)
Then I think it's an ok AC, that will make a difference in most situations, although you'll definitely not be "untouchable".

Thrudh
11-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Would 58 buffed ac, 481hp (without any rages), and 56 intimidate be suitable for a drow 14barb/2ftr intimitank?

I could also switch the race to elf for 58 buffed ac, 497hp (without any rages), and 56 intimidate?

What do you mean by buffed?

58 AC is very good against trash mobs...

My barbarian intimitank has a 56 standing AC

13 +5 MFP
9 +5 MTS
5 Dex
5 Protection
3 Seal of Earth
4 Insight weapon
5 Combat Expertise
2 Alchemical bonuses

That's standing AC

Buffed AC is
2 more barkskin
1 haste
4 bard song
2 recitation
4 (or so) paladin aura

69 AC is good enough to tank bosses...

and 4 uses of 30 sec +6 AC uncanny dodge IS useful.... (gets me to 75 AC for 2 minutes)

can you get into the mid-high 60s with buffs?

Don't forget the new dragontouched armor (or chattering ring)... There's another 3 AC... I'm working on my replacing my armor now... I've given up on the ring (did my 20th titan last night... no ring or belt - I'm done with that **** raid)

Dexxaan
11-07-2008, 12:06 PM
CE Barbarian although not a bad Concept is gonna give you feel for the click fest Paladins have nowadays.

**Correction: with 2 levels of Fighter you donĀ“t get FTSM I which you would need for the +5 DEX Bonus you are using.

Either Stick with Heavy Shields and take a -1 or take another Fighter level (might as well take 2?) and take the enhancement.

Sequell
11-07-2008, 02:36 PM
What do you mean by buffed?

58 AC is very good against trash mobs...

My barbarian intimitank has a 56 standing AC

13 +5 MFP
9 +5 MTS
5 Dex
5 Protection
3 Seal of Earth
4 Insight weapon
5 Combat Expertise
2 Alchemical bonuses

That's standing AC

Buffed AC is
2 more barkskin
1 haste
4 bard song
2 recitation
4 (or so) paladin aura

69 AC is good enough to tank bosses...

and 4 uses of 30 sec +6 AC uncanny dodge IS useful.... (gets me to 75 AC for 2 minutes)

can you get into the mid-high 60s with buffs?

Don't forget the new dragontouched armor (or chattering ring)... There's another 3 AC... I'm working on my replacing my armor now... I've given up on the ring (did my 20th titan last night... no ring or belt - I'm done with that **** raid)

/cry

I weep at a Barbarian with a shield :(

Get a big two hander out and see what the Cleric is made of! lmao :D

Thrudh
11-09-2008, 09:32 AM
/cry

I weep at a Barbarian with a shield :(

Get a big two hander out and see what the Cleric is made of! lmao :D

Heh, the beautiful thing about a 14/2 barbarian/fighter with CE and Tower Shield proficiency... is that MOST of the time, he's got the big two-hander out, raged, power attack on, and is doing EXACTLY as much DPS as a pure Barbarian...

However, when an intimitank is needed... this guy can ALSO pull out the shield, dismiss rage, turn on CE, and do quite well as an intimitank...

And that's more fun, IMO....