PDA

View Full Version : Changes in hound (Spoiler of sorts)

BurningDownTheHouse
11-04-2008, 02:37 AM
Haven't seen a post about it yet, so decided to inform the comunity.

Mindflayers now spawn much more rarely, you get 4 in the begining and 4 more only after first beholders spawn.

Had 2 completions yesterday. In the first we had a good intimitank that held the dogs after they broke while we waited for the beholders and second batch of flayers. In the second we had a good bard-caster-cleric-monk team that super buffed the puppies and she went down before we needed the second batch of stones.
Both were on normal, have a feeling that hard-elite are gonna give us some trouble now... :)

Arjen
11-04-2008, 09:00 AM
It's a little more hectic. I was healing the dogs with Pulverize on that 2nd run and ended up using about 15-20 heal scrolls.

Keys are getting those dogs buffed to the 9s - mass bears, mass bulls, haste, mass shield of faith, etc. I do agree that Elite is going to be another kettle and might be too much for a single cleric in the middle..

Cyr
11-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Yup alot harder. Have to chime in...again that changing old raids to fit new player concepts of easy/hard is always a bad idea when the devs clearly need to focus on making new raids (since this is first ddo mod that I can remember with no new raid AND this little new high level content).

edaciousx
11-05-2008, 03:53 AM
yea this is just overly difficult and not even fun anymore. thanks turbine.

Cherry
11-05-2008, 12:05 PM
yea this is just overly difficult and not even fun anymore. thanks turbine.

You'd rather it be the cake walk that it was???

Hence
11-05-2008, 12:12 PM
You'd rather it be the cake walk that it was???

Cake walk that it was on Normal. It was still a good challenge for everyone on Elite like it should be.
They were just a preemptive attack on us for when we hit level 20 in a few years.
When we are level 20, it will be cakewalk again.

Sirea
11-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Yep, I posted about the Hound changes here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=162872 It does make it more of a challenge, and I've been thinking about strategies the last few days and think I might have come up with some different ideas that I'd like to try out.

Turial
11-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Proper buffing of the hounds will result in completion prior to the hounds breaking free of the control stones. This means at most you might need 4 stones.

Hounds should get things like mass bears endurance, mass bulls strength, sonic resistance, and sonic protection to name a few. Cant remember if rage, recitation, and prayer work at the moment but I know a few clerics who always make sure the hounds are close enough to catch it.

Rog
11-05-2008, 06:47 PM
now i been told that the trick is to keep the puppys alive and the timer on the charm has been increased so they dont break midway though the fight anymore but on the flip side if you dont super buff and keep the first batch of dogs alive you fail end of story.
does anyone know for sertian if they increased the timer of charms?
lunarsong

Jadeare
11-05-2008, 08:36 PM
I believe they have increased the timer. Ran it yesterday, no dogs broke the whole time. Didn't seem like an especially short run.

Junts
11-05-2008, 08:46 PM
We just started charming only two dogs and have had no issues on normal whatsoever.

It doesn't take too long with just two (dogs seem to do a bit more damage now) and you have no lacking stones issues with your initial 4 being enough.