PDA

View Full Version : Ten thousand stars

riexau
11-02-2008, 09:53 AM
A while back (many, many, months ago), there was a post saying that this ability would be getting some love in an upcoming mod.

Was this idea scrapped?

Strakeln
11-02-2008, 10:15 AM
I think it did get some love, between mods 7 and 8. But it was insufficient?

Yeah:

The thrown weapons speed bonus from Ten Thousand Stars has been increased.

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Release_Notes_Module_7_Patch_1_Official

Dracolich
11-02-2008, 09:23 PM
They should call it 2-1/2 stars.

Memnir
11-02-2008, 10:14 PM
They increased the number of stars thrown at some point between the introduction of the monks and now... it just still sucks. I think, but am not certain, that they hinted that they may revisit this enhancement again for some more lovin' at some point. However that is a suspension that is more vague and mysterious, rather then vast & mysterious™.

Dracolich
11-03-2008, 07:58 AM
They should just change it to a many shot type enhancment that increases the number thrown based off your BAB. At least people would be chucking 3 stars by 16.

riexau
11-03-2008, 09:15 AM
They should just change it to a many shot type enhancment that increases the number thrown based off your BAB. At least people would be chucking 3 stars by 16.

That's the change a dev posted was coming at some point.

I'd have to dig up the post though.

Kraak
11-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Maybe the could convert it to a Bard Ability and rename it?

http://misskind.no.sapo.pt/dbimg/10000Maniacs-10,000Maniacs19144_f.jpg

knalty
11-03-2008, 10:04 AM
The biggest problem with the power is a conceptual one. With a name like Ten-thousand Stars, you'd expect the monk to jump into the air, then carpet an area with shuriken.

GlassCannon
11-03-2008, 11:29 AM
The biggest problem with the power is a conceptual one. With a name like Ten-thousand Stars, you'd expect the monk to jump into the air, then carpet an area with shuriken.

I envisioned it more like the Monk leaps up high into the air and brings down an ocean of stars to blanket an area completely in shuriken(or if a single target, a river of stars slams into the victim, coating them in shuriken until nothing else is visible). I.e., "Ten Thousand Stars", all at once.

riexau
11-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Well they couldn't very well call it 'fourteen stars' now could they?

Maybe if they made manyshot work with thrown.. the speed increase might actually be worth something.

I want to blanket stuff in throwing stars :P