PDA

View Full Version : New Medium Roleplay Static Team Thur P.S.T.

thalion
10-27-2008, 03:03 PM
The battle was hard fought and now all adventurers search the creature’s lair. The thief checks the chest for traps and carefully picks the lock. Opening the chest a glint of silver and a gem playfully reflect the torch light. As the rogue rummages through the chest a few mundane items are dispersed, they will of course be put to good use, everything of value is taken nothing wasted. What's this?" says the nimble fingered expert treasure hunter. ~Click~ a hidden compartment reveals a small vial, what will it be? ...

==================================
Thursday (Currently PDT GMT -7) 8:00PM - 10:30PM Dedicated Team

Let's bring some of that PnP feel, challenge, and wonder into the game. Those crates may contain something valuable, just don't be so noisy when you check them, everyone really has a need for what's in that treasure chest, and oh suddenly that end reward actually really does matter!

This Team's Rules

No Rushing - enjoy the journey, stay alive
No Twinking - you get what you find/share, keep the game a challenge
No AuctionHouse - Get that (sure) level appropriate +2 Bodyfeeder for a steal it'll make you Zergy Just Say NO!
No Brokers - Ever feel like there is just WAY to much magic in the game
No Magic from Vendors - Did you often go to the store in PnP with a potion, wand, or scroll shopping list? Favor Vendors are exempt from this rule.
No External Gifts - Although these well meaning souls may only wish to help.. an interesting discussion was sparked by an unbidden donation of an underwater action necklace ( without these items in free supply a whole category of likely unused spells such as Merfolk's Blessing become useful, interesting, important - think about it ... )
Static Team - Other than Inventory or catching up you adventure with your static group only.
Medium Roleplay - stay in character, we will RP through the adventures, a quick shout for "trap" is ok but unless you are going to stay in character over the voice channel most of us use Text Chat for RPing.

Original Comrades

6nd "Gruft Granite" Dwarven Cleric ( thalion )
4/2 "Caratt" Drow Sorc/Fighter ( Carat )
5nd "Ramul" Dwarven Fighter ( jettmorrison )
5nd "Quilyrdira" "Quil" Sharzen Drow Ranger ( sotnaszehcnas )
4th "Erdene" Drow Favored Soul ( Djeserit )
4nd "Darlyn" Halfling Bard ( ShaeNightbird )
2/2 "Vyktyr" Halfling Rogue/Ranger ( branmakmuffin )

New Team Members

( thalion )
( Carat )
[ * Your Name Here * ]
[ * Your Name Here * ]
[ * Your Name Here * ]
[ * Your Name Here * ]
[ * Fill-in/Alternate Your Name Here * ]

Well friends if you are interested in possibly joining this team please contact me with suggestions, comments and questions.

thalion
11-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Perhaps I'll move the team start day to the Thursday after Thanksgiving to see if we can get a few more players a chance to chime in on the team.

Come enjoy not only a new Challenge but also the New Player Experience with a regular set of Comrades every week!

branmakmuffin
11-20-2008, 12:56 PM
I think they are afraid, very afraid.

Come on, it's time for a new challenge. I mean, how challenging is it to cap yet another 32-point "toon?"

ShaeNightbird
11-20-2008, 01:04 PM
Chiming.
I fear nothing.
I'll be there.

Xgemina
11-20-2008, 01:05 PM
While I admit that the no magic from vendors (particularly potions/wands/scrolls, could do without the rest) gives me a bit of a pause, the start time is what gets me. I'm CST so that would be 2230-0100 here and getting to bed at 1 in the morning does not make for a good time at work the next day. Otherwise I'd probably have another character in DT.

Dylos_Moon
11-20-2008, 01:12 PM
I'd be interested, however, in order to continue my subscription past December 17th I need to get a job first :), that being said, I'm not sure my account has any open slots on Sarlona, but there should be a lowbie that I could delete and make a 32pt, though 32pt may kinda ruin the experience a bit.

thalion
11-20-2008, 01:45 PM
I'd be interested, however, in order to continue my subscription past December 17th I need to get a job first :), that being said, I'm not sure my account has any open slots on Sarlona, but there should be a lowbie that I could delete and make a 32pt, though 32pt may kinda ruin the experience a bit.

Wasn't planning on banning Drow so don't think we'd ban a 32 point build. So if you are looking for a challenge ( in addition to the JOB challenge ) and are looking for a Medium RP group; Let us know ( perhaps you could create a generic support character in case you must leave us because of RL since we are not full ATM)

While I admit that the no magic from vendors (particularly potions/wands/scrolls, could do without the rest) gives me a bit of a pause, the start time is what gets me. I'm CST so that would be 2230-0100 here and getting to bed at 1 in the morning does not make for a good time at work the next day. Otherwise I'd probably have another character in DT.

I know that my Monday Static Group keeps going latter and latter but this new Medium RP group will be moving/exploring much slower so we will likely not be tempted to squeeze in another quest that runs us over. Heck If we finish at a good point after 10 and before 11 we would likely stop questing in any event. Those that would wish to Roleplay or run inventory might stay on but we won't start another quest as we'd never finish. That might Help the CSTrs and :eek: the ESTr in the group!

It'll be about the journey and the challenges involved!

Dylos_Moon
11-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Wasn't planning on banning Drow so don't think we'd ban a 32 point build. So if you are looking for a challenge ( in addition to the JOB challenge ) and are looking for a Medium RP group; Let us know ( perhaps you could create a generic support character in case you must leave us because of RL since we are not full ATM)

I'm definitely interested, just saying ahead of time that I may have to leave the group for one reason or another.

branmakmuffin
11-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I don't see why 32-point characters would be a problem. The PD guilds allow Drow and 32-point characters even if the 400/1750 favor came from a non-guild character. I only mentioned them as a sort of joke about power-leveling yet another 32-point character. Some people are just more competent than others, and 32-point characters are slightly more competent than 28-point characters.

thalion
11-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Keep an eye out for any 1st level Dedicated Team Guildies who may be wandering around confused on the island...

Ah a good test session Plan on Doing the Tutorial so we are all on the SNOW filled island!

This is not an official start that will be after Thanksgiving but a few of us may find ourselves on the island lost and confused (( just minor stuff and meet and greet / guilding ))

thalion
11-24-2008, 11:59 AM
A stocky figure kneels at the shore, head down... a quiet prayer to the Flame is heard between the lapping of the waves upon the wreckage. "Gone, all gone, everyone one of em." There where many on the boat but the vision of those two Halflings near the bow of the ship struggling to hold on as it buffeted back and forth replays over and over again in his minds eye. Gruft raises his head and stands forcing the image of those two small frames being blown off the deck and into the sea to finally stop.

===================
== Join the story Dec 4th! ==

Verlock
11-29-2008, 04:29 PM
The battle was hard fought and now all adventurers search the creature’s lair. The thief checks the chest for traps and carefully picks the lock. Opening the chest a glint of silver and a gem playfully reflect the torch light. As the rogue rummages through the chest a few mundane items are dispersed, they will of course be put to good use, everything of value is taken nothing wasted. What's this?" says the nimble fingered expert treasure hunter. ~Click~ a hidden compartment reveals a small vial, what will it be? ...

Thursday P.S.T 8:30PM - 11:00PM Dedicated Team
- - - starting date Dec 4th - - -

**Plan on Doing the Tutorial so we are all on the SNOW filled island! **

Let's bring some of that PnP feel, challenge, and wonder into the game. Those crates may contain something valuable, just don't be so noisy when you check them, everyone really has a need for what's in that treasure chest, and oh suddenly that end reward actually really does matter!

No Rushing - enjoy the journey, stay alive
No Twinking - you get what you find/share, keep the game a challenge
No AuctionHouse - Get that (sure) level appropriate +2 Bodyfeeder for a steal it'll make you Zergy Just Say NO!
No Brokers - Ever feel like there is just WAY to much magic in the game
No Magic from Vendors - Did you often go to the store in PnP with a potion/wand shopping list?
Static Team - Other than Inventory or catching up you adventure with your static group only.
Medium Roleplay - stay in character, we will RP through the adventures, a quick shout for "trap" is ok but unless you are going to stay in character over the voice channel most of us use Text Chat for RPing.

Gruft Granite Dwarven Cleric ( Thalion ) { Not set in Stone and will be my first Cleric ;) unless someone prefers the role }
Vyktyr Halfling Rogue ( branmakmuffin ) sibling to Darlyn
Darlyn Halfling Bard ( ShaeNightbird ) sibling to Vyktyr
( San'tar )

Well friends if you are interested in possibly joining this team please contact me with suggestions, comments and questions.

I would like to join you so bad. but i dont got a comp atm haha, and i would wanna play my clr.

sotnaszehcnas
11-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Sounds fun, so count me in. I would like to roll a tempest drow ranger, Quilyrdira "Quil" Sharzen. Should I go ahead and make the character, or wait until 12/4 so I am on the same beginning as everyone else in group? Looking forward to the response :) .

thalion
11-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Should I go ahead and make the character, or wait until 12/4 so I am on the same beginning as everyone else in group?

Make your character and do the Tutorial so we are all on the SNOW filled island. I suppose if there are any other survivors they might be found in the tavern ;)

Roster Updated -Welcome Quil!

thalion
12-04-2008, 12:45 AM
The Team meets this Thursday - one permanent spot and an ALT position still open!

thalion
12-07-2008, 12:42 AM
Gruft raises his goblet and gives a toast to his comrades, " Well for a rag tag group of survivors we seem to have made a name for ourselves now that that Traitor is dead!" Gruft glances around the table wide eyed, "Fate has brought us together, yes Fate, perhaps we still have more to do...."

======================================

One permanent spot and an ALT position still open! We will head out into the island next Thurs.

Dylos_Moon
12-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Alright, since my subscription ends soon, I'm going to have to withdraw from the group until further notice.

thalion
12-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Fare thee well Paladin!

San'tar thanks for filling the Alternate Slot while you could- if you ever find yourself back in Stormreach please look us up it was a pleasure adventuring with you.

We will likely have one more adventure this Thursday prior to the Holiday break 12/25 is Xmas and 1/1 is Newyear.

When we next meet our hardy adventurers will explore the area outside Korthos Village. There are two Permanent Positions open on the team at this time will you be one of the brave comrades?

Raventiger
01-09-2009, 02:08 AM
Hi,

If you're happy to have a newish player (I haven't played in a while) I'd like to join. I'd be happy to role up a paladin or any other type of character that would best fit in with the group

What level would I have to get the character to?

thalion
01-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Did you play on the old Saturday Roleplay Group over a year ago?

If you check out the first post in this thread I think you'll find we have a pretty balanced team. For this particular Dedicated Team it is more about the Journey :cool: than a perfect balanced group in any event.

We currently have a full team - but the ALTERNATE position is open and you are welcome to take it .

I believe we will all be level two for next Thursday, we completed Redemption so the only remaining Quest on the island is Misery Peak.

Raventiger
01-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi Thalion,

Yes I was involved in one of the Saturday groups around 2007. I'll be happy to fill the alternate spot if you like. Just out of curiosity, what does that mean exactly? If someone can't make it I'm filling in? I should be available most of the time. Unfortunately I'll be away the first two weeks of February.

thalion
01-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Even Dedicated Team members must now and again deal with the world of RL. :eek:

With advance notice of an absence I would PM you or you might see it on the forums in the team thread and you would join us for the night.

It also puts you next in line to take a permanent spot if someone needs to drop the team ( each group has different rules/playstyles RP and NonRoleplay but the Static Group Guild Concept keeps like minded players together and we sometimes have people switch to different groups because of scheduling conflicts etc... ). I would recommend that you show up ( when you can be there by at least 8:15 ) for some Pre-quest Roleplay get to know the team and I suppose that if a permanent player (EVEN ME) doesn't arrive at some point you take their place.

Hmmm... Alternate Options:
Alts who show up the most and mesh well with the group get future preferential permanent spot placement.

With advance notice absence we will start on time with the ALT player (Although we would almost certainly change to a non-chain based quest ).

With no advance notice and a spot is available we will likely mill about for a while at least 15'.

I'm not sure we can come up with hard and fast rules for what to do when a permanent player shows up late, as things will likely be different on a case by case basis. But, permanent players will have a preference and the ALTERNATE character should be prepared :( to have to leave a full 6 Party team.

Raventiger
01-11-2009, 04:39 AM
Hi Thanlion,

Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately RL has just intruded for me too, and my play times are going to be a little erratic between now and beginning of March. Because I can't make a commitment to be there if/when you need me, I'll pass on the alternate spot for now. Once RL has sorted its self out in March I'll check back and see if there are any spots available. Til then, I'll just solo or play in PUGs.

Warm Regards

Raventiger

thalion
01-15-2009, 05:41 PM
*Gruft stumbles out of the Wavecrest* heading for the village gate.
A slurred mumble is partially picked up by one of the gate watchers... "Heyton.... crazy plan... ..I'll take care of this...Hiccup!'

================================================
Sorry friends I will likely be extremely late or may not make it at all this evening :(, so feel free to fill the last slot with another Roleplayer

LazarusPossum
01-15-2009, 05:57 PM
...of a man and his vengeance. Thalion, do not worry. Soulmauler will arrive on time this evening. It is high time those responsible for my predicament receive their just rewards...

ShaeNightbird
01-15-2009, 06:19 PM
*She nudges her halfling compatriot and gasps,* "Look! That's Gruft! Someone must have spiked his milk! What foulness is this! *Giggling and grinning, she whispers into his ear,* It wasn't you was it?" *as she discretely tosses the now empty bottle of Ol' Janx Spirit behind her, into the bushes...

query
01-15-2009, 06:34 PM
love the roleplay, but no time if it's ironman sans permadeath. Between the 2 guilds, the support PC''s the two mainly used servers, the others.....I got only time TO roleplay....ironicly since my primary guild IS on Thelanis and encourged Thelanis Thursdays BE roleplayed by all.

Oh, NM, we need a SERVER UP to play :mad:

thalion
01-17-2009, 06:11 PM
A glow slowly begins to pierce through Grufts closed eyelids.
"Ouch if I'm dead why does my head hurt so much!"
Gruft blinks and a bright light is everywhere.
...Warmth and Light...

love the roleplay, but no time if it's ironman sans permadeath. Between the 2 guilds, the support PC''s the two mainly used servers, the others.....I got only time TO roleplay....ironicly since my primary guild IS on Thelanis and encourged Thelanis Thursdays BE roleplayed by all.

Oh, NM, we need a SERVER UP to play :mad:

I created Dedicated Teams to help people who wanted to have a regular weekly game session ( kinda PnP like - we have NonRoleplay groups in the guild too ) get together and to keep people from getting marooned on some far off Shard. I really wish they would have merged the original RP servers Sarlona and Thelanis in that server consolidation.

ShaeNightbird
01-22-2009, 08:00 PM
A glow slowly begins to pierce through Grufts closed eyelids.
"Ouch if I'm dead why does my head hurt so much!"
Gruft blinks and a bright light is everywhere.
...Warmth and Light...
The red haired halfling lass hears a groan issuing from the Dwarf who was lying huddled in a heap, just inside the Korthos village gates. "Gruft!" She shrieks happily, as she runs over to him. " You aren't dead! You got through the caves! Good, I did too. That artifact is destroyed. It's wonderful news! And the Dragon is free from the thrall of that evil Illithid! It's running around loose now, isn't that incredibly interesting? I don't know what happened to everybody else, but if they lived, we'll catch up to em. Hey, I learned a new tune, wanna hear it?" She grins broadly, and shakes Gruft a little bit....

jettmorrison
01-22-2009, 09:16 PM
on this darn island for a bit. I apparently recalled after completing Misery's Peak last week and apparently, there was a portal that I was suppose to go through.

Consequently, Amalgam will not let me repeat the quest, even after clicking on "repeat Misery's quest" and the doorway doesn't allow me to enter. I will try to abandon the quest but if that fails, I'm not sure what to do.

Jett

ShaeNightbird
01-22-2009, 09:43 PM
on this darn island for a bit. I apparently recalled after completing Misery's Peak last week and apparently, there was a portal that I was suppose to go through.

Consequently, Amalgam will not let me repeat the quest, even after clicking on "repeat Misery's quest" and the doorway doesn't allow me to enter. I will try to abandon the quest but if that fails, I'm not sure what to do.

Jett

I think abandoning it will let you get the quest again. If not, you might need to submit a ticket. :(

thalion
01-26-2009, 12:05 AM
The Rag Tag group of adventurers reach the City of Stormreach, only to discover the City of Stormdrains!

"Bah, these Kobolds breed like rats!"
- Gruft

====================================
>>Updated first post<<

Qualified No Magic from Vendor Rule
No Magic from Vendors - Did you often go to the store in PnP with a potion, wand, or scroll shopping list? Favor Vendors are exempt from this rule.

Added No External Gifts Rule
No External Gifts - Although these well meaning souls may only wish to help.. an interesting discussion was sparked by an unbidden donation of an underwater action necklace ( without these items in free supply a whole category of likely unused spells such as Merfolk's Blessing become useful, interesting,important - think about it ... )

branmakmuffin
01-26-2009, 12:08 AM
Either that, or rats breed like kobolds.

ShaeNightbird
01-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Perhaps they breed like Ogres?

thalion
02-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Sotnaszehcnas, the group did Information is the Key, and the Kobolds New Ringleader. All will advance to level three prior to the this Thursdays gaming session, if you wish to catch "Quil" up.

thalion
02-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Since they were over due, we headed down to thedocks as the Halflings were last seen .... playing near there. Apparently Niles Cage had to dissuade them more than once regarding their offers of assistance but he did not know their current whereabouts. Quil noticed the gates to the Cerulean Hills were unlocked and open. Although he could not say for certain that the lil ones had went out those gates because of all the other foot traffic in the area we decided to look for them there. We must have explored every inch of that area and with what we did find I'm glad the halflings were not out there.

Gruft *spits and gestures wildy* and then says a small prayer...

================================================== ===========
All are level three now.

Unless you are doing catchup for a quest or chain lets not do any non-solo quests on Solo ( We will make exceptions, for example retrying for a Muckbane ) but this will help keep us all at the same level and power range.

Looks like we will plan on a change to the gaming session time from 8:30-11:00 PST to 8:00-10:30 PST

dopefish2112
03-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Eferenor here. I have school until about 8:20 tonite so I'll send you a tell when i get in. See yah.

thalion
04-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Quilyrdira stops suddenly, Footsteps plodding through murky water in the sewers are heard from behind the group.

Gruft Looks over at the approaching Warforged. "Well Warforged we were wondering where you were finally going to arrive...", Gruft shifts his grip on the heavy mace and yells to the group "Her shadow it's alive!"

Carat
04-16-2009, 12:23 AM
The Warforged speaks:

"Hold Friends, I have come to ask you a boon. With me is a dark elf slave I freed from the salt mines, she won't tell me her true name so I call her Caratt. By just watching me, she has quickly outstripped my magic ability. It is obvious she has much potential."

"I have been called back to the war and must depart. Without me to watch over her, I fear her death or much worse. She is still young and needs trustworthy companions." Carat beckons into the darkness.

A ragged, half-starved Drow steps out of the shadows. Haughty and full of pride, she glares at the companions in contempt. Quil mutters under his breath "Evil dark ones."

Gruft sniffs the air and spits. "I can sense much potential, however is she bound for good or ill? Can she be trusted?"

The warforged replies "Who is to know - only time will tell. I do know that without your guidance she will turn to evil and threaten Stormreach with her ambition one day. If you will not watch over her, I shall dispose of her now before I depart. What do you say? Will you try?"

The companions shuffle their feet & grumble together until finally Ramul states "Aye, we will look after your Caratt until your return." As the warforged turns to depart, Ramul bellows a departing laugh "But I say she looks squishy! Well mates, lets proceed with our new charge."

Carat
06-02-2009, 10:30 PM
The companions are sitting on the wharf in Three Barrel Cove waiting for their absent friend, Caratt. Ramul is pacing the docks, obviously agitated. "Where is that pesky drow? How can we bloody well look after her if she keeps getting into trouble and disappearing?" He goes back to pacing the docks and the halflings break out some dice to pass time while waiting for her arrival.

~~ A black raven drops out of the sky and lands in the circle of friends, scattering the dice ~~

“Shoo bird. I was just starting to win coppers” says one.
“Shoo crow. I was giving away my coppers to win gold” says the other.

The persistent crow keeps jumping around, spraying bone dice around the dock despite the best attempts of the halflings to chase it away.

His animal sense piqued, Quil looks over. “Little ones, all is not normal with this bird.” Peering closely, he sees a small tube tied to the raven’s leg. In a flash, he grabs the raven, takes the tube and unrolls the parchment inside. Relieved of his burden, the raven flaps away.

Interested, Darlyn excitedly asks “What is it? Is it a secret? Quil?”
Instantly, Vyk squeezes under Quil’s arm to see the paper “Is it a secret treasure map?” Hearing this, Darlyn squeezes under his other arm “Treasure map? I love treasure.”

Trying hard to read the parchment despite the halfling’s best attempts to intercede, Quil reads aloud the scribbled message to the companions:

“Friends ~ I request assistance. Walking in the wilds of Tangleroot just outside town, I have been waylaid by creatures most foul. Ungurz, the hobgoblin leader, is willing to let me live if I bring him the head of his challenger. He promises powerful rewards for all, but the danger is immense. I can go alone, but I fear I will die without your aid. Please hurry – they look hungry. ~ Your faithful companion ~ Caratt”

((Can't make this week, TR next week? If you do explorer, we can begin the quest chain next week?))

thalion
06-06-2009, 04:52 PM
"Bah, I had a feeling she'd be trouble!" Gruft stammers. Trying to pull himself up using the crate he was sitting against he finally makes it to his feet.

"Well what are you waiting for, we said we'd watch 'er!", Gruft looks left, then right, " Er, eh which way to this Tangle of Roots?"

Vyk confidently points. Gruft nods "Thank ye Lil One..." and abruptly heads off in that direction.

*Thud*, ~Klunk~, BANG, .-\|SPLASH|/-.

ShaeNightbird
06-06-2009, 06:11 PM
"EEEEK!" shrieks the halfling lass. "Vyk, he's gone and dumped himself in the drink, and wearing full plate too. Quil, Ramul, we've got to fish him out of there, or else..or else..." Darlyn ditches her lute on the pier and leaps into the bay. Small bubbles pop up on the surface, marking her watery descent.

Lerinne
06-09-2009, 05:00 AM
secondly I got apermadeath guild with the same rules as you (in case someone doesn't show up)
Check it out Golden spear
contact me in the game or trough here
toons: slivers, lerrine, nalas, soullan

thalion
06-11-2009, 12:57 PM
'Hmmm, flying halflings .... and fish?' ~Gulp~ Blurp
Mind rushing 'Where's that ring!' Grasping, searching, ~Cough~

================================================== =====

Lerinne,
Please do come visit the group as a friendly RPr is always welcome.
We are currently full but there is an occasional absence the ALT position is currently available please see the teams first post in this thread.

Carat
06-11-2009, 03:36 PM
As the four are pulling on the heavy-metal waterlogged dwarf, a prismatic energy door slices through the air by the docks. The flash of light is swiftly followed by a drow diving through the energy door. Still laying on the dock, she spins around and spits out venomous words filled with magic just as an ogre begins to step through the door.

With the magic words, the door winks out. Unfortunately, only halfway through the door, the ogre's arm and head plops to the dock. Raising up from the dock, Caratt walks over and kicks the severed head into the bay with considerable hate. She is displaying obvious marks of torture - one eye is swelled shut, her hair is crusted with blood and her wrists display marks of manacles.

Looking over, she sees 2 floating halflings and the 2 other companions attempting to drag a spluttering Gruft out of the bay. With a merriless smirk, Caratt says "What did I miss?"

Finally pulling Gruft out of the water, Quil says "We received your note and were just preparing to rescue you." Caratt replies Ï sent no note. I have been tortured and beat, but no notes." Quil produces the note and Caratt reads it carefully.

Äye, I was captured in TR and tortured by creatures most foul. Luckily, I made an escape and crept around the dungeon attempting to escape. The teleport scroll hidden in their library was found just in the nick of time. In Tangleroot is a fortress of evil. There are murderers, torturers and thieves holding prisoners for their own entertainment. These evildoers are the first line of defense for others who breed enormous spiders, summon devils and are raising an army of the undead to unleash on stormreach."

Gruft finally rises out of the bay, dripping water and kicking a fish out of his boot. "We will have to address this evil in its own time. First we have promises to keep. Welcome back Caratt. Do you need a heal?

thalion
06-18-2009, 08:17 PM
"Alright then, let us see to this unfinished business!" Gruft, stammers. Then in what seems like slow motion he starts to lean forward. *THUD* a large bang echoes across the dock, Gruft lies flat on his face "oh...."

========================================

Sorry friends unfortunately a family emergency will keep me from joining you tonight - I'll look forward to adventuring with my comrades next week.

For any Roleplayers we have an Alternate Slot available ( see first post for the team details ).

thalion
06-26-2009, 10:05 AM
We find ourselves in need of an Expert Treasure Hunter. Although Quil's good eyes let us know what was lurking ahead and his Ranger senses let us know something felt wrong the Traps oh the Traps....

=====================================
We have an opening for an Rogue in the 3-5 level range.

( Check First Post for this teams rules )

We also have the Alternate Slot Available. If you're a Roleplayer and would like to visit our Medium RP Thursday Static group drop me a PM or Post here.

There are also a few scattered higher level across the other teams in the Guild follow the signature link to learn more about us.

Djeserit
06-28-2009, 12:18 AM
I may be available, if your purpose is true. If you seek a companion with honor, I seek battle to prove my blood line is pure. As cunning is the soul of the Drow race, traps will present no obstacle.

PM sent.

- Saif al Aqrab

belemrys
06-29-2009, 03:18 PM
my rogue has been made and lvled him up to lvl 3 today...might be 4 or 5 by thursday :)

jettmorrison
07-02-2009, 09:02 PM
I found out today that my place of employment is taking the day off tomorrow. I've been trying to blaze through my project but I need to work this evening. Darn it.

ramul

thalion
07-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Since you're out who will disable, cough *trigger*, the traps - oh wait that rogue is supposed to be around here.... somewhere?

I also recently met an interesting Forged, perhaps tonight we see what he can truly do?

Thanks for the heads up, we'll stay away from any major quest chain.

belemrys
07-03-2009, 01:08 AM
that was really fun guys! i dont think i failed any disable traps or spot checks...even i was 2 lvls under you guys!

jettmorrison
07-09-2009, 08:10 PM
as I was able to convene with you all last week after thinking I would be indisposed, this week is a sure thing. I have a project deadline tomorrow morning and it can't be put off.

Ramul

belemrys
07-09-2009, 08:14 PM
aww my meat shield! I need you!!!!

jettmorrison
07-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Ramul will make it tonight although I may be a few minutes late...work stuff.

HOWEVER...I need to run right about 9:45-9:50ish as I have a concert to headline this evening.

But I'll be damned if I'm gonna miss another week. I need my ddo time to keep my sanity.

jettmorrison
07-16-2009, 08:16 PM
it's looking like I won't make it outta here this evening. I'm gonna try super super hard but it's not really in my hands as I'm waiting for co-workers to get stuff done.

ramaul

thalion
07-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Three taverns searched, and of course a few drinks in each, and no sign of Ramul....

Thanks for the updates we did eventually headed out

Quil was out as he mentioned last week.

Caratt and I brought our two newest comrades up to the final chapter of STK so we should all be queued for the final quest chain there.

belemrys
07-23-2009, 07:06 PM
I probably wont be able to make it :(

Have a meeting and not sure if I will make it to my computer on time :/

Carat
08-14-2009, 12:33 AM
The group of three met in the inn, scanning the crowd for signs of their plate mailed dwarven friend. Having scoured rest of Stormreach without any luck, it was thought that the dwarven stronghold of House K may provide better luck. Alas, no luck.

Gruft spoke with inn patrons in the dwarven language, asking for the whereabouts of their stalwart friend. A beady eyed dwarf (with too much ale in his beard) replied "Aye. Your friend was here this morn and went in search of my task. He has set out to the Lair of Summoning. If ye hurry, you may catch him." Gruft leapt to his feet. "Hurry friends, Ramul may be in trouble."

Ever cautious, Quil stayed Gruft with his hand. "Ask the old drunk what is in this lair that might threaten one so hardy as Ramul." A quick glare from Gruft causes the man to stammer "Nothing serious enough to trouble the likes of you, valiant masters. Only elementals, trolls, ice dogs and demons. Although sheer numbers may overcome your friend by himself."

Carat sighs "Another day, another fire demon. With our skill and my magic, we should be able to destroy them with ease. Think of the treasure that must be there."

With that bold statement, a young halfling tiefling crawls from under the table, one hand slyly withdrawing the patron's wallet and the other firmly clasped around his dagger. Jumping up to sit on the table, "Hi, I'm Cronos. Did someone say treasure?" An exasperated Gruft lets out a heartfelt sigh. "Come along Cronos, we're off to find our friend and adventure - mayhap a little treasure and possibly a new companion."

thalion
09-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Gruft realizes something is amiss. 'It's quiet... too quiet?' Stirring he knocks a large goblet to the floor ~CRASH~. 'Ah that's more like it..' "Eh, where is everyone?"

Stumbling to his feet Gruft Stands alone in the Rusty Nail. Too many goblets and turned over flagons surround him, but not a sole vendor, no customers.... :eek: 'Oh my, how long was I out?'

thalion
09-17-2009, 01:26 AM
Remember all we, work with what we find - lets linger and trade around those chests and search every crate and barrel for supplies.

Lets make sure we are prepared when possible for whats ahead of us. We should hone our tactics to keep the scales tipped in our favor as things are going to start getting a lot tougher from here on out.

I was discussing a temporary exception to the purchase rules :o so that our Sorc could acquire a Knock Item since we have been without a rogue for far too long :( ** Rogue applications being accepted **

I few potential team rule updates ( comments? )
I'm going officially modify the broker rule so it is fine to sell items to them if you wish to ( remember no buying ) not sure what you'll do with the extra coin except maybe buy a larger collectable bag - see sentence one ;)

Regarding Turbine points I think they should not be used for the benefit of the characters assigned to this particular team.

thalion
09-17-2009, 03:32 PM
I received a missive from our Stalwart Comrade Ramul, he apologizes but has been detained ((can't make it this evening)), perhaps our plans of continuing our Siege of Splinterskull without his Axe should be postponed.

Well why we are all at the Bogwater no point in not having a drink!
I'm sure something in House Phiarlan will need sum tenden to, Eh?

(( Team members read the previous post also ))

Carat
10-04-2009, 12:21 PM
(Due to my jumping the gate on level 6 with Caratt, I have made Bard/Rogue currently 4 soon 5. Since we need rogue skills so badly, I can play this char to ensure you get full xp and open locks/traps. We're heading on holidays 5 Oct 09 and may not be back for Thursday.)

The pair in the town square speak in grumbling tones. Gruft and Ramul are meeting near the fountain to discuss their predicament. "Where have those drow done and gone this time? We're always searching for the mage Caratt. Now it appears that Quil has gotten the bug and up and vanished."

Ramul nods. "Together, we are a powerful pair, but we can't be expected to find them in guarded dungeons without some sort of magic or scouting to assist. Woe was the day that WF asked us to watch over this rapscallion Caratt the mage."

"Who calls my sister a rapscallion?" Out of the shadows in the nearby alley steps a leatherclad Drow, carrying weapons with a lute strung over her back. Both dwarves mumble in astonishment "Caratt?" "Did I not tell you my sister? Perhaps I should have said twin sister. I have been sent by my family to locate her and return her to our stronghold. She was lost for years, but rumours of her in stormreach have reached our matron."

Gruft stammers "Well you could be of some assistance. Where do you think we should start?"

thalion
10-25-2009, 04:57 PM
We have had a few players that have unfortunately needed to leave the regular static play group. So options are to recruit a set of 6th level players or perhaps reform the group.

To keep it challenging the core team rules will likely still be the same to inspire teamwork clever thinking and a Roleplaying atmosphere ( the target is at least medium RP ).

Are you interested?

Join with a 6th level character?
Start a new team at level one?
Start an experience group perhaps at level 4?

A themed group of some sort to set an RP framework around - what say you?

MasterBurik
10-26-2009, 07:18 PM
I would be interested if you were forming a new group, as I have no characters on that server. I've been toying with two of my own build concepts (using the unfinished, but amazing DDO CharGen), both of which appeal to me in a playability and roleplaying style.

Unfortunately, the one night I cant play is Thursdays (Marine Poole functions), but if you could possibly move it to any other day, it would work.

I hope you accept me, as I would look foreward to Roleplaying with you and anyone else who would join.

Findecano
10-26-2009, 09:42 PM
I'd be interested in joining a newly formed group. We can all start lvl 4 characters after Update 1 goes live, or we can start at lvl 1, I really don't care. I just can't start at lvl 6, since I don't have any characters that level.

I'm open Tues-Thurs, Sat, & Sun. I'd be willing to play anywhere from 1 to 5 days a week. The rules are agreeable, and I prefer the challenge anyways.

thalion
10-29-2009, 12:37 AM
I would prefer Thursdays BUT there are three others that appear to be able to make a Wednesday commitment.

I could likely make almost every Wednesday but I would prefer to take the last wildcard slot and likely hand leadership to another should that be the case. Additionally that means whoever takes over the team leadership would make his own rules one provision it must be a Medium+ Roleplay group if I'm playing ;)

Findecano were you not involved with a team long long ago? And yes Level 4 ( I said 3 incorrectly ) with the update is one of our possible starting level options.

thalion
11-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Still looking for more interested players seeking to join a dedicated static group for more Immersion, Challenge, and Roleplay. Checkout the first post in this thread for anticipated team guidlines.