PDA

View Full Version : Introducing: Compendium Advanced Search!

Tolero
10-08-2008, 02:28 PM
The DDO Compendium is a useful resource for players seeking information about anything in the game, from creatures and items to spells and enhancements! One way to fully maximize its utility is by using the Advanced Search feature, which allows you to search by category even if you don't know the exact keywords for your search. Search for information by name, stat values, damage rates, race restrictions, levels, and more! To learn more about this great new feature, click here (http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Advanced_Search_Instructions)!

For more information about recent changes to the Compendium, such as the new expanded item details, view the Compendium Release Notes by clicking here (http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Compendium_Release_10-08-2008_Official)!

KoboldKiller
10-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Hey Tolero before people come in and tear this apart, thank you for your efforts in at least bringing us something. :)

Tolero
10-08-2008, 02:33 PM
I wasn't done yet :X

Impaqt
10-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Cool.. Now if we could get half the search feature we have in the Compendium into the AUction House I'll be REALLY excited.

Tolero
10-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Also side note that Duwis and I worked hard to try and get the parser update in for this round, but he's been very busy working on the Hirelings and Paths and a few other Compendium things, so that will have to be next round. We're hoping to have the parser functions in soon as we can within the next update or so

WeaselKing
10-08-2008, 02:35 PM
I wasn't done yet :X

<Waits with baited breath for more info>

MrCow
10-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Anyone else notice some things in there that aren't currently in DDO, like Divine Might?

Edit: Or other odd things like Weapon BAB: Kukri (http://compendium.ddo.com/index.php/Feat:Weapon_BAB:_Kukri).

I also spy things to come in there as well, like Tireless Rage (http://compendium.ddo.com/index.php/Feat:Tireless_Rage) and Ultimate Fire Stance, or Superior Weapon Focuses (http://compendium.ddo.com/index.php/Feat:Superior_Weapon_Focus:_Thrown_Weapons).

We can also put to rest the speculations on the 4th tier monk attacks, like Strike of the Enduring IV (http://compendium.ddo.com/index.php/Feat:Strike_of_the_Enduring_IV) (12 damage + 3d6 acid on crit, when hovered over).

I think I'm gonna have a field day with this stuff!

Turial
10-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Anyone else notice some things in there that aren't currently in DDO, like Divine Might?

Edit: Or other odd things like Weapon BAB: Kukri (http://compendium.ddo.com/index.php/Feat:Weapon_BAB:_Kukri).

You mean ranged power attack and the like?

Angelus_dead
10-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Lol, spell focus breath weapon.

Some of these may be clues to upcoming development or abandoned idea. However, I know for a fact that others are jokes inserted by players.

Tolero
10-08-2008, 02:51 PM
There is a known issue (available known issues in the compendium release notes) where a small amount of features that you'll be previewing on Risia are showing up in the Compendium. Remember that some may be subject to change since it was based off Risia info :)

Aspenor
10-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Lol, spell focus breath weapon.

Some of these may be clues to upcoming development or abandoned idea. However, I know for a fact that others are jokes inserted by players.

lol "note: this is a monster spell that is not available to players"

HUH

MrCow
10-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Some of these may be clues to upcoming development or abandoned idea.

Yep, its obviously a database that wasn't completely purged of certain things, like Wilderness Lore or Arcane Lore.

Aspenor
10-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Yep, its obviously a database that wasn't completely purged of certain things, like Wilderness Lore or Arcane Lore.

like all the enhancements on the feats page?

Oxvon
10-08-2008, 02:57 PM
There is a known issue (available known issues in the compendium release notes) where a small amount of features that you'll be previewing on Risia are showing up in the Compendium. Remember that some may be subject to change since it was based off Risia info :)

So when do we get to preview them on Risia??? :D

Impaqt
10-08-2008, 02:57 PM
http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Feat:Barbarian_Damage_Boost_V

I cant wait to take that feat on my next barbarian!

Beter work on that Parser quick Tolero.. SOmething has gone horribly wrong.....

Tolero
10-08-2008, 03:01 PM
like all the enhancements on the feats page?

Grrr we fixed that once before. There's some info in the game back end stuff that tells it that enhancements are part of all this zany feat wackiness, which isn't the case, so we had to do a few things to get it to quit doing that. Will let them know.

Gratch
10-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Mmmm... compendo-tastic.

So um... given Risia Mod 8's slippage... and given we've had some pretty heinous known bugs with Risia releases previously, i.e., it's a test server so bugs are expected. Any good fire time stories about what bugs (or recurring bug) is currently stopping a Risia launch? Hirelings killing the players? Hirelings breaking the server? Hirelings with bad credit loans? Storytime? Please? Help us pass the time and go "oh... that's why it's delayed".

Turial
10-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Mmmm... compendo-tastic.

So um... given Risia Mod 8's slippage... and given we've had some pretty heinous known bugs with Risia releases previously, i.e., it's a test server so bugs are expected. Any good fire time stories about what bugs (or recurring bug) is currently stopping a Risia launch? Hirelings killing the players? Hirelings breaking the server? Hirelings with bad credit loans? Storytime? Please? Help us pass the time and go "oh... that's why it's delayed".

Players unable to get credit to purchase the services of said hirelings because Issips keeps taking it for his golden parashoot!

Tolero
10-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Hirelings are definitely a whole new animal. I think a lot of people think "pet" and it's a lot more complicated than that on this side :o We have to sort of treat them like a player with a lot of the things they're able to do. I'll see if maybe I can get Codog or DeadlyGazebo to dig up some nice stories hehehe.

I think my favorite one was hearing the trials and tribulations of trying to teach them that your summoned monsters are not enemies heh. You'd see them sort of turn and go "GAAA!!!...oh...wait....that's yours. Right. My bad, nevermind." Lots of wacky stuff like that.

Gratch
10-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Mmmm... dev stories...

Some of us are also hoping the hireling technology pushes back into the pet technology and gets us a little closer to druids (and smarter pets of course).

I'd especially like it if my pet and hireling can fight each other for my amusement.

You should also see if you can get the hirelings to pay for their subs... help out the game's revenue a bit.

Tolero
10-08-2008, 03:51 PM
We'll see what sort of cross-overs we can do with them. One interesting thing about the Hirelings is when you hear the devs around the shop talk about them, it sounds a lot like a bunch of surgeons. You'll hear mention of "Well Codog was poking the Brain last night and..." things like that. It's like Frankenstein around here heh.

Codog: IT'S ALIVE! ALIVE!!! MWUHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Eladrin
10-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I'd especially like it if my pet and hireling can fight each other for my amusement.
Someone's going to like the Gate spell.

Impaqt
10-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Someone's going to like the Gate spell.Dunno about Gate Since it doesnt exist in the Spells list but many folks are gona be real upset about Zeal getting reverted back

Spell: Zeal L2
Grants the caster a 10 percent sacred bonus to attack speed, lasting 3 seconds per caster level.

Coldin
10-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Dunno about Gate Since it doesnt exist in the Spells list but many folks are gona be real upset about Zeal getting reverted back

Spell: Zeal L2
Grants the caster a 10 percent sacred bonus to attack speed, lasting 3 seconds per caster level.

Wasn't that what Zeal was going to be at last report? Maybe it was supposed to be a bit longer, but I was pretty sure it was just going to be an attack speed boost.

Coldin
10-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Oh, I noticed that Adamantine Companion has been added to the list. I'm very glad that's finally making into the game. Still need the Shrieking Companion now, but I'll give Eladrin some leeway. :)

totmacher
10-08-2008, 04:39 PM
hrmmm any more big secrets on the horizon for Mod 8? just wondering if we got anything left to expect or was pretty much everything dumped at gencon?

DaveyCrockett
10-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Wasn't that what Zeal was going to be at last report? Maybe it was supposed to be a bit longer, but I was pretty sure it was just going to be an attack speed boost.

Last I saw from Eladrin, it was listed as a level 4 Paladin spell, not level 2.

Zeal
Pal 4
Benefit: Grants the caster a 10% sacred bonus to attack speed.

There is no armor class bonus associated with this spell at this time. This attack speed increase stacks with all currently existing attack speed bonuses.

Eladrin
10-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Last I saw from Eladrin, it was listed as a level 4 Paladin spell, not level 2.
Take anything prophetic that you find in the Compendium with a grain of salt. Things change.

Zeal will be a level 4 Paladin spell that grants a Sacred bonus to attack speed for longer than 3 seconds per level.

DaveyCrockett
10-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Take anything prophetic that you find in the Compendium with a grain of salt. Things change.

Zeal will be a level 4 Paladin spell that grants a Sacred bonus to attack speed for longer than 3 seconds per level.

Yeah. that's what I said. ;)

totmacher
10-08-2008, 04:47 PM

could you make that paladin/bard zeal

my poor CC bard really has nothing to do but play songs and play songs and haggle things for his teammates and play songs basically

wamjratl1
10-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Hirelings are definitely a whole new animal. I think a lot of people think "pet" and it's a lot more complicated than that on this side :o We have to sort of treat them like a player with a lot of the things they're able to do. I'll see if maybe I can get Codog or DeadlyGazebo to dig up some nice stories hehehe.

I think my favorite one was hearing the trials and tribulations of trying to teach them that your summoned monsters are not enemies heh. You'd see them sort of turn and go "GAAA!!!...oh...wait....that's yours. Right. My bad, nevermind." Lots of wacky stuff like that.

Heh I do that too. :eek::o

dragnmoon
10-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Codog: IT'S ALIVE! ALIVE!!! MWUHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I can just Imagine.....

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x226/dragnmoon/ItsAlive.jpg

KoboldKiller
10-08-2008, 05:11 PM

But, but salt isn't good for my blood pressure. :D

WeaselKing
10-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Never mind I can't read.

Borror0
10-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Also side note that Duwis and I worked hard to try and get the parser update in for this round, but he's been very busy working on the Hirelings and Paths and a few other Compendium things, so that will have to be next round. We're hoping to have the parser functions in soon as we can within the next update or so
Wow, that Duwis must hell of a busy guy, not even 30 minutes free?

Tolero
10-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Wow, that Duwis must hell of a busy guy, not even 30 minutes free?

Nope :D he's been up to his eyeballs lately. There's some other compendium stuff he's still working on that hasn't even been revealed yet.

Everything has to be shuffled into priorities, and making sure advanced search was working, getting hirelings and paths ready for 8, continuing to get the other stuff done, and fussing with the data to get it to stop pulling back things it wasn't supposed to took priority this round, but we had really hoped to squeak in the parsers this time. But we're hoping for the next round - he's very receptive to it, but everything has to be on a schedule, and working in the parsers was already a last minute request for the time table and doing it as a personal favor :)

totmacher
10-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Nope :D he's been up to his eyeballs lately. There's some other compendium stuff he's still working on that hasn't even been revealed yet.

Everything has to be shuffled into priorities, and making sure advanced search was working, getting hirelings and paths ready for 8, continuing to get the other stuff done, and fussing with the data to get it to stop pulling back things it wasn't supposed to took priority this round, but we had really hoped to squeak in the parsers this time. But we're hoping for the next round - he's very receptive to it, but everything has to be on a schedule, and working in the parsers was already a last minute request for the time table and doing it as a personal favor :)

as a personal favor, i demand the release of nat gann!!!!

Hafeal
10-09-2008, 02:13 PM
The DDO Compendium is a useful resource for players seeking information about anything in the game, from creatures ...[/URL]!

Well, to beat a dead horse and nit-pick, I had to stop at this point because I noticed the creature section is still not operational and the link you get is to the same old same old relatively non-useful info. :(

How about a realistic expectation as to when this might become available? :confused:

Tolero
10-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Well, to beat a dead horse and nit-pick, I had to stop at this point because I noticed the creature section is still not operational and the link you get is to the same old same old relatively non-useful info. :(

How about a realistic expectation as to when this might become available? :confused:

Gah! *beats copy editors* how'd that get in there? That maaaay be one of the things Duwis was fenagling >> ah well, I guess consider it a sneak peak.

Hafeal
10-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Gah! *beats copy editors* how'd that get in there? That maaaay be one of the things Duwis was fenagling >> ah well, I guess consider it a sneak peak.

LOL. Uh, ok, but if this is a sneak peak, I for one am going to be disappointed.

http://www.ddo.com/index.php?page_id=339&menus=m&do=displaymonster&cmi=8&siid=19||

Tolero
10-09-2008, 03:44 PM
LOL. Uh, ok, but if this is a sneak peak, I for one am going to be disappointed.

http://www.ddo.com/index.php?page_id=339&menus=m&do=displaymonster&cmi=8&siid=19||

Heh, not that... that's the old version. Perhaps "sneak peak" was the wrong phrase.... "insider gossip"?

Freeman
10-10-2008, 01:25 PM
I keep forgetting this, but don't you think it is time someone got around to fixing the bard and sorc spell progression tables in the Compendium?