PDA

View Full Version : ~Click~ a hidden compartment reveals a small vial, what will it be?

thalion
10-05-2008, 04:35 PM
The battle was hard fought and now all adventurers search the creature’s lair. The thief checks the chest for traps and carefully picks the lock. Opening the chest a glint of silver and a gem playfully reflect the torch light. As the rogue rummages through the chest a few mundane items are dispersed, they will of course be put to good use, everything of value is taken nothing wasted. ... "What's this?" says the nimble fingered expert treasure hunter. ~Click~ a hidden compartment reveals a small vial, what will it be?

========================================
Thursday P.D.T 8:30PM - 11:00PM Dedicated Team to coincide with module 8 new player experience release.

Let's bring some of that PnP feel, challenge, and wonder into the game. Those crates may contain something valuable, just don't be so noisy when you check them, everyone takes time to examine the spoils of the last encounter, share and discuss what is in the chest before moving on, oh suddenly collectables and that end reward actually matter!

No Rushing - enjoy the journey, stay alive
No Twinking - you get what you find/share, keep the game a challenge
No AuctionHouse - Get that (sure) level appropriate +2 Bodyfeeder for a steal it'll make you Zergy Just Say NO!
No Brokers - Ever feel like there is just WAY to much magic in the game
No Magic from Vendors - Did you often go to the store in PnP with a potion/wand shopping list?

Medium Roleplay - stay in character, we will RP through the adventures, a quick shout for "trap" is ok but unless you are going to stay in character over the voice channel most of us use Text Chat for RPing.

Now that treasure is again really important, did we mention the importance of the treasure of life, or should I say, perhaps the sting of death! (this will Not Be A Permadeath Group)

Well friends if you are interested in possibly joining this team please contact me with suggestions, comments and questions.

BattleCircle
10-05-2008, 04:58 PM
I'd like to try this sometime, but then I would like it if we actually had to roll our characters. Meaning roll a d20 for each stat and then pick the class for that character... but thats not gonna happen...

The RP kinda gives me shivers though, not sure if I would like that much... Who Knows

Good Luck

thalion
10-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Dedicated Teams are comprised of like minded static group players we have both RP and NON-RP teams. Each group's team lead is a Guild Officer and they call the shots for that particular teams rules.

I'd like to try this sometime, but then I would like it if we actually had to roll our characters. Meaning roll a d20 for each stat and then pick the class for that character... but thats not gonna happen...

The RP kinda gives me shivers though, not sure if I would like that much... Who Knows

Good Luck

This group will be targeted towards Medium and Higher Roleplayers . Here is a link to RP one of our fine Officers put together regarding RP in game:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=123661

You may wish to try out some Light RP first:

You could visit our somewhat looser formed Wednesday group
Perhaps stalk :p the RP channel for a while
or if you have a 7+ level Sarlona character visit my Mon Light RP group

branmakmuffin
10-05-2008, 05:23 PM
A d20?

The shivers? If it's not for you, it's not for you, but ... the shivers?

BattleCircle
10-05-2008, 06:20 PM
A d20?

The shivers? If it's not for you, it's not for you, but ... the shivers?

Yes oh Fiberous One, a d20...

Many years ago that is how I was introduced to the game. We didn't have a board or handbook, just a few GI's and some dice, and one guy that seemed to know the game to act as DM. We rolled our charcters using a d20 die, one roll for each stat, it was fun and it worked, never knew what you might get :D Try it sometime, you just might have fun :D

BattleCircle
10-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Dedicated Teams are comprised of like minded static group players we have both RP and NON-RP teams. Each group's team lead is a Guild Officer and they call the shots for that particular teams rules.

This group will be targeted towards Medium and Higher Roleplayers . Here is a link to RP one of our fine Officers put together regarding RP in game:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=123661

You may wish to try out some Light RP first:

You could visit our somewhat looser formed Wednesday group
Perhaps stalk :p the RP channel for a while
or if you have a 7+ level Sarlona character visit my Mon Light RP group

Ahhhh, I had visions of the 250 lb bearded guy with a plate of summer sausage and a six pack of beer trying to talk like his female halfling character!! :eek:

Stormanne
10-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Sorry, the d20 threw me off. We always rolled 3d6 for stats, then plus or minus whatever racial changes may be required...

BattleCircle
10-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Sorry, the d20 threw me off. We always rolled 3d6 for stats, then plus or minus whatever racial changes may be required...

LOL yeah that is I am sure the way it is supposed to be done, we didn't have that option, well I guess we could have rolled 1d6 3 times. Anyway it was fun and relieved the stress and boredom of being in the field 240 days a year :D

branmakmuffin
10-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Yes oh Fiberous One, a d20...

Many years ago that is how I was introduced to the game. We didn't have a board or handbook, just a few GI's and some dice, and one guy that seemed to know the game to act as DM. We rolled our charcters using a d20 die, one roll for each stat, it was fun and it worked, never knew what you might get :D Try it sometime, you just might have fun :D
I might.

Uska
10-05-2008, 07:08 PM

Good Luck

nvm didnt read your repsonse

thalion
10-06-2008, 08:31 PM
What part of

Well friends if you are interested in possibly joining this team please contact me with suggestions, comments and questions.
didn't we quite understand :p

More Challenge and More RP a new team to coincide with the new player experience in Mod 8