PDA

View Full Version : Kimbo Slice Gets Tko'd!!!

ChildrenofBodom
10-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Kimbo Slice got TKO'd today by a 30-pound lighter karate guy in about the first 10 seconds of the round haha!!!

Anyone else but me really happy about it? :)

DaveyCrockett
10-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Seth Petruzelli, to be more specific. Saw it coming.

Kimbo was prepared for a walk-through of over the hill (and out of steroids) Ken Shamrock, and Seth stepped up and slapped the hell out of him.

I tried to like EliteXC, but when they got behind KimJoke and tried to make him a superstar, it turned my stomach.

Go back to YouTube, poser.

I feel better. :D

ChildrenofBodom
10-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Seth Petruzelli, to be more specific. Saw it coming.

Kimbo was prepared for a walk-through of over the hill (and out of steroids) Ken Shamrock, and Seth stepped up and slapped the hell out of him.

I tried to like EliteXC, but when they got behind KimJoke and tried to make him a superstar, it turned my stomach.

Go back to YouTube, poser.

I feel better. :D

Hehe, I never liked Kimbo either.

This was my first EliteXC experience. I liked the women fight, that one was pretty good. I'm a huge UFC fan. I plan on going into the army and starting an MMA career once I get out. I figure I go into the army and go medical, and hopefully get stationed in New York close to long beach and go to former Welterweight UFC champ Matt Serra's BJJ academy. I love MMA and BJJ.

DaveyCrockett
10-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Ahh... I'm from Cincinnati. That being said, I know Rich (and his wife, Beth) Franklin, Jorge Gurgel, Kerry Schall, Matt Hamill, Matt Brown, and most of Team Extreme. Awesome group of guys.

BJJ is awesome. Trained it for 12 years, taught it for 8. Good times.

Good luck if you go that direction.

EDIT - You won't like this probably, but in my opinion Serra was a fluke-champ, and is a clown in this sport. Spinning backfist anyone? LMAO

xanvar
10-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Hehe, I never liked Kimbo either.

This was my first EliteXC experience. I liked the women fight, that one was pretty good. I'm a huge UFC fan. I plan on going into the army and starting an MMA career once I get out. I figure I go into the army and go medical, and hopefully get stationed in New York close to long beach and go to former Welterweight UFC champ Matt Serra's BJJ academy. I love MMA and BJJ.

If you go into the army you will be spending at least 12 months probably more like 18 months deployed. Come home wash your clothes and then go back and deploy again. You may want to seriously reconsider going into the army. Airforce would be your better choice if you really want to join the services.

baddax
10-04-2008, 11:23 PM
No fealings either way. Kimbo is not ready for MMA prime time. He's a good street fighter/ bar brawler but prime time MMA is a different matter. Elite XC only signed him for the draw and hyped him. Truth is he has no buisness on a pro card yet. Maybe one day he'll be ready but not yet. Elite XC is no UFC, hope they fold so all fighters can be under one card. No need to go through the stuff like Randy did with Fedor.

baddax
10-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Ahh... I'm from Cincinnati. That being said, I know Rich (and his wife, Beth) Franklin, Jorge Gurgel, Kerry Schall, Matt Hamill, Matt Brown, and most of Team Extreme. Awesome group of guys.

BJJ is awesome. Trained it for 12 years, taught it for 8. Good times.

Good luck if you go that direction.

EDIT - You won't like this probably, but in my opinion Serra was a fluke-champ, and is a clown in this sport. Spinning backfist anyone? LMAO

Agreed Serra was a fluke. I liked him more on Ultimate fighter but he became more Rude and obnoxious than the Rude and Obnoxious guy he constantly complained about while on the show.

Ganak
10-04-2008, 11:34 PM
I'm loyal to UFC, so I liked seeing Kimgo get whooped (except I was in the can when it happened, it was that quick).

Looking forward to the UFC event mid-october, but of course waiting for mid-november for Lesnar fight like everyone else.

baddax
10-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Thats why god made TiVo! or someone else did.

ChildrenofBodom
10-05-2008, 09:01 AM
If you go into the army you will be spending at least 12 months probably more like 18 months deployed. Come home wash your clothes and then go back and deploy again. You may want to seriously reconsider going into the army. Airforce would be your better choice if you really want to join the services.

I appreciate and thank you for your concern, but I'm not going infantry. :)

Infantry is almost guarenteed to go. That's why I'm not going that route. Plus, I don't want to waste my ASVAB score on something almost anyone can do heh. Army has the highest enlistment bonuses.

It's alright if you think he was a fluke, I can understand that since he lost his belt as quickly as he got it, but you have to admit he is damn good at BJJ. Plus he beat GSP, and many people think GSP is the best Welterweight in the world. If only BJ Penn had an academy :(. BJ Penn is prolly my favorite fighter.

stealing-monkey
10-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Ya i saw it he got one tiny hit off on Seth Petruzelli and then he went the floor Seth went off on him and the Ref broke it up.So much for Kimbo's career that was an embarassing defeat but he will manage somehow

Kreaper
10-05-2008, 09:24 AM
It was fourteen seconds actually. :D

I said as much would happen when he was gaining popularity on Youtube. Then he had his run in with Sean Gannon (Who had only had one fight at that point.) and that pretty much sealed the deal.

Aspenor
10-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Kimbo is an overrated punk...always has been.

sagimore
10-05-2008, 09:26 AM
I dont really follow the MMA scene that closely. I still think boxing is more exciting when its a good fight.
That said I wanted Kimbo to get beat down, but after watching the punches thrown, I dont think it should of been stopped, only a couple landed that I could see and they didnt have anything on them.
I just find this sport a little dull with the grappling and floor hugging stuff.

Wish kimbo was beaten badly over time by a better fighter.

sagimore
10-05-2008, 09:29 AM
I appreciate and thank you for your concern, but I'm not going infantry. :)

Infantry is almost guarenteed to go. That's why I'm not going that route. Plus, I don't want to waste my ASVAB score on something almost anyone can do heh. Army has the highest enlistment bonuses.

It's alright if you think he was a fluke, I can understand that since he lost his belt as quickly as he got it, but you have to admit he is damn good at BJJ. Plus he beat GSP, and many people think GSP is the best Welterweight in the world. If only BJ Penn had an academy :(. BJ Penn is prolly my favorite fighter.

My ASVAB was good for subs, I drove a van around San Diego for 4 years.

baddax
10-05-2008, 07:10 PM
granted there are boring mma fights, but a half decent mma fight beats a good boxing match hands down any day. I grew up a boxing fan. I cant think of a time in my life when i couldnt tell you who was the heavy wieght champ was at any given time. But i would say for the last 5 years or so i have lost interest in boxing, to the point i couldnt tell you who the current champ is or the last one for that matter but i can tell you the who's who of mma. I think its a sign of things to come.

I think the fact that serra even won the title is a testement to mma. Was it a fluke ya, but think of how many boxers were undefeated comming up to the way of champ. Now think of how many great mma fighters are undefeated. None. There are so many ways to win and so few rules that almsot anything can happen.

One of the most difficult things in mma is when a fight should be stopped. I did not see the fight but saw some poor quality video on the net and it looked close. Maybe it was to soon but i dont think kimbo would have been able to recover even if it wasnt stopped. The problem with calling a match is if you call it to soon you ruin a good fight and a fighters chance of recovery, call it to late and you risk of running into mma being a Blood Sport. Its a fine line and has been crossed both ways before. Lastly some of the most exciting mma fights ive seen have been fights that i thought were finished and the other fighter found a way to come back after i thought the fight was already over and done with.

ChildrenofBodom
10-05-2008, 10:06 PM
1. granted there are boring mma fights, but a half decent mma fight beats a good boxing match hands down any day. I grew up a boxing fan. I cant think of a time in my life when i couldnt tell you who was the heavy wieght champ was at any given time. But i would say for the last 5 years or so i have lost interest in boxing, to the point i couldnt tell you who the current champ is or the last one for that matter but i can tell you the who's who of mma. I think its a sign of things to come.

I think the fact that serra even won the title is a testement to mma. Was it a fluke ya, but think of how many boxers were undefeated comming up to the way of champ. 2. Now think of how many great mma fighters are undefeated. None. There are so many ways to win and so few rules that almsot anything can happen.

3. One of the most difficult things in mma is when a fight should be stopped. I did not see the fight but saw some poor quality video on the net and it looked close. 4. Maybe it was to soon but i dont think kimbo would have been able to recover even if it wasnt stopped. The problem with calling a match is if you call it to soon you ruin a good fight and a fighters chance of recovery, call it to late and you risk of running into mma being a Blood Sport. Its a fine line and has been crossed both ways before. Lastly some of the most exciting mma fights ive seen have been fights that i thought were finished and the other fighter found a way to come back after i thought the fight was already over and done with.

1. Agreed. Boxing is very one dimensional. MMA is a very complicated sport and you never know how a fight will go down. You know how every boxing match will go, they will try to punch the hell out of each other. In boxing there aren't nearly as many areas where you can mess up and loss the fight as there are in MMA. I'm not saying boxing is a good or bad sport 'cause that is just arguing opinions and there isn't much point in that, just saying MMA takes much more skill and training.

2. Rashad Evans. He is currently 14-0-1 (Wins-Losses-Draws), and is going to fight Forrest Griffin for the lightweight title around new years, and coming off of a knockout to the great Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell. That was just the guy that instantly came to mind when I read that sentence. I'm sure theres more, but there are only a handlful. So you were pretty much right, just overexaggerated a little. :) ;)

3. On the Referrees part, very true. I think they should treat all fights the same way they treat title fights. In a title fight the referree waits longer to call TKO then a regular fight. Since it's for the title you want (and damn sure the fighter wants) to make sure there is no way he would be able to recover before they call it. they should do that with every fight.

4. I don't think he would have recovered either, but it's a tough call.

So, who is going for who for the Anderson Silva vs. Patrick Cote fight? :)

I'm not sure who I am going for, but I think Silva is going to win. Silva is as BA as they come.

Stealthbr
10-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Damn, 1 hit was all that was needed to win that fight for Seth. My friends all find Kimbo really good because they base their opinions of his street fighting videos on youtube. Guess I gotta show them this MMA one ^^ I have to admit though, Kimbo is strong as hell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5ZxpbtcC8A&feature=related

baddax
10-06-2008, 01:57 AM
Spider silva is the best pound for pound mma fighter out there right now imo. He strikes fear in the hearts of his fellow mma fighter the way the old Ice Man did a few years ago when he put the Royal beat down on Jeremy horn! I almost felt bad for poor Jeremy by the end of that one. I bet he still wakes up in a cold sweat having nightmare about that one!

Yeah there are a few but not that have been around for any lenght of time. How long has Reshaad been in MMA? 2 years or so and hes even got 1 draw. Im referering more to the top names of mma Randy, Chuck, Anderson, Rampage etc etc all have multiple losses on their records.

One of the fights that comes to mind is Tito and Shamrock a few years ago for early stoppages.

If your friends think those were great fights they really need to bone up on the whos who of mma. To many great fights and great fighters to even think of listing!

ChildrenofBodom
10-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Spider silva is the best pound for pound mma fighter out there right now imo. He strikes fear in the hearts of his fellow mma fighter the way the old Ice Man did a few years ago when he put the Royal beat down on Jeremy horn! I almost felt bad for poor Jeremy by the end of that one. I bet he still wakes up in a cold sweat having nightmare about that one!

Yeah there are a few but not that have been around for any lenght of time. How long has Reshaad been in MMA? 2 years or so and hes even got 1 draw. Im referering more to the top names of mma Randy, Chuck, Anderson, Rampage etc etc all have multiple losses on their records.

One of the fights that comes to mind is Tito and Shamrock a few years ago for early stoppages.

If your friends think those were great fights they really need to bone up on the whos who of mma. To many great fights and great fighters to even think of listing!

Rampage is going to jail for manslaughter I believe. Apparently when he was on his tour through cities with cops following him cause he was driving crazy, he hit a pregnant women's car and caused her to have a miscarriage.

Aspenor
10-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Damn, 1 hit was all that was needed to win that fight for Seth. My friends all find Kimbo really good because they base their opinions of his street fighting videos on youtube. Guess I gotta show them this MMA one ^^ I have to admit though, Kimbo is strong as hell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5ZxpbtcC8A&feature=related

LOL

I'm glad you posted this video.

Just goes to show, Kimbo is a meatsack with no concept of strategy.