PDA

View Full Version : Single toon accomplishment

oogly54
09-08-2008, 08:02 AM
I have been kind of holding this off for a while now because I am not quit there, but I wanted to brag up myself a bit. On my main character, Oooogly, I have completed 100% favor, completed 100% rares and explorers in all open areas, and have gotten +3 Tomes on all stats but one.

The +3 tomes is what I have been holding off for. I have had 5 of 6 +3 tomes for 3-4 months and can not get the last. I have recently completed my 40th Shroud, 20th VOD, and 20th hound and did not get that elusive +3 tome. So, because it will not happen anytime soon, I thought I would share my not so complete accomplishment.

I have also gotten every piece of raid loot a tank could possibly ever want including 3 teir three items from the shroud. So, there is no reason to run any raids on this character except as a loot run and for that elusive tome. I will add some screenies later today when I get home from work.

Peace!

Ninety
09-08-2008, 08:06 AM
I have been kind of holding this off for a while now because I am not quit there, but I wanted to brag up myself a bit. On my main character, Oooogly, I have completed 100% favor, completed 100% rares and explorers in all open areas, and have gotten +3 Tomes on all stats but one.

The +3 tomes is what I have been holding off for. I have had 5 of 6 +3 tomes for 3-4 months and can not get the last. I have recently completed my 40th Shroud, 20th VOD, and 20th hound and did not get that elusive +3 tome. So, because it will not happen anytime soon, I thought I would share my not so complete accomplishment.

I have also gotten every piece of raid loot a tank could possibly ever want including 3 teir three items from the shroud. So, there is no reason to run any raids on this character except as a loot run and for that elusive tome. I will add some screenies later today when I get home from work.

Peace!

You beat the abbot on elite? congrats on that.

don't forget you can always run shroud for ingredients for your other characters. I myself just finished my 40th run in shroud and didn't get either of the +3 tomes I was needing (wis and dex) but it didn't hurt all that much since I already have +2's in those spots.

oogly54
09-08-2008, 08:54 AM

On Ghallanda it gets beat on Elite regularly by a few guilds.

Impaqt
09-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Intersting how we dont get screenshots on that ever.....

I find that more significant accomplishemnt than all your grinding.

Aspenor
09-08-2008, 09:07 AM

or all the non-essential tomes for whatever his class is???

oogly54
09-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Wow, it is amazing how much negative feedback one gets on these forums. The Abbott screenies have been posted on the Ghallanda forums several times. There are about 30 individuals that can provide them.

The tomes my class, a fighter, does not "need" are easily obtained without taking from a more needful character. The INT tomes was pulled during a three man run long before the new raid mechanic, the three classes were a cleric, a sorc, and my fighter. i pulled it, they didn't ahve a need for it or want it so I pulled it and ate it. THe CHR and WIS both were 20 turn in tomes, as my fighter is almost to 120 runs. The Dex I pulled and ate, 22 dex fighter, and the CON was pulled by a guildee that already had one, he gave it to me. I have yet to pull a STR onmy fighter, GRRR.

Stop hating for no reason at all.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ooglypics/2759531553/

Mhykke
09-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Wow, it is amazing how much negative feedback one gets on these forums. The Abbott screenies have been posted on the Ghallanda forums several times. There are about 30 individuals that can provide them.

The tomes my class, a fighter, does not "need" are easily obtained without taking from a more needful character. The INT tomes was pulled during a three man run long before the new raid mechanic, the three classes were a cleric, a sorc, and my fighter. i pulled it, they didn't ahve a need for it or want it so I pulled it and ate it. THe CHR and WIS both were 20 turn in tomes, as my fighter is almost to 120 runs. The Dex I pulled and ate, 22 dex fighter, and the CON was pulled by a guildee that already had one, he gave it to me. I have yet to pull a STR onmy fighter, GRRR.

Stop hating for no reason at all.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ooglypics/2759531553/

I don't think he was implying that it doesn't get beaten, so your screenshot of favor for the abbot doesn't address what he was getting at, if I read impaqt's post correctly.

oogly54
09-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Intersting how we dont get screenshots on that ever.....

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying. The favor portion is the exact opposite of grinding. Isn't grinding running the same quest over and over to get some loot. Running different quests, all of them, is not grinding, bu rathr playing the game to its fullest extent. If you are refering to the tomes, yes, that took some extensive grinding. What is the "that" you are refering too?

Strakeln
09-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying. The favor portion is the exact opposite of grinding. Isn't grinding running the same quest over and over to get some loot. Running different quests, all of them, is not grinding, bu rathr playing the game to its fullest extent. If you are refering to the tomes, yes, that took some extensive grinding. What is the "that" you are refering too?I think "that" is referring to the fact that a LOT of people have Elite completion of the Abbot, but not a lot have actually completed Elite in the form the quest currently exists (i.e. brute-force method will not work at all - sorry Legion - and exploits are/were not used).

Essentially, your screenshot proves you were around for the completion, but says nothing to the quality of that completion.

I don't know if there is a way to prove that it was legitimately beaten.

...at least that's what I think was being insinuated...

oogly54
09-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Ahh, I completed it on elite about 3-4 weeks ago, but have no proof of the timing, so MEH. Whatever. We solved all puzzles as intended, but had to used a rez cake for the abbott room. Do you consider that legit? I dont care really. Taking the Abbott out of the picture, i still consider having all the other qust done on Elite a good accomplishment. Finding all the Rares and explorers in all the areas is a time consuming feat as well. The +3 Tomes, if completed, would have been a cool kicker too. If you have done it yourself, any of the three, I say congrats, its a BIG accomplishment. Doing all three, is a HUGE accomplishment in my book.

Bekki
09-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Grats!

100% Favor and 5 out of 6 +3 Tomes!

That Still Warrants a congrats IMHO.

Good Job!

Good Luck on the 6th Tome!

I would Love to some Screenies when you get it!

Blazer
09-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Nicely done Oogly. I'm in a similiar situation with my elven fighter/pally. She's gotten +3 tomes for DEX, WIS, and CHA and is only missing VOD, Hound, and Shroud on elite. Well, she needs Abbot too, but that doesn't get run on Khyber - I'll probably have to organize a time when I can get transferred to a server where people do beat it legit and see if they'll be nice enough to take me along, then transfer back.

I could see myself getting all the +3 tomes and max favor (maybe Abbot, but more likely sans Abbot). Getting all the explorer and rares, however...couldn't handle that dedication. Does that include the Subterranean stuff too? I never see people going and doing that stuff and I can't imagine you soloed it, but would be impressed if you did. :)

Borrigain
09-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Jeez Louise Oogly, do we have to petition the Dev's to create a date/time stamp on the XP report to prove to these "screenshot or it didn't happen......oh wait....you have a screenshot but it doesn't say when" crowd that questions every completion ever made?

They can p*** off. I've done it Elite, you've done it Elite, I'd guess half of Ghallanda's high-end raiders have done it Elite. AFTER THE PATCHES.

News flash: Elite is not much "harder" than normal. You just have less time to react to the puzzles. And he has more HP, whoopie-doo, but still not as much as Pit Fiend or Sulo.

/sheesh

Borr.

Oh, and super congrats on the Favor and tomes. Finishing everything on elite is my next "challenge"....now I just need to find a group willing to tackle those shunned Necro quests (eg that durned rat-in-a-maze one :mad:).

Strakeln
09-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Ahh, I completed it on elite about 3-4 weeks ago, but have no proof of the timing, so MEH. Whatever. We solved all puzzles as intended, but had to used a rez cake for the abbott room. Do you consider that legit? I dont care really. Taking the Abbott out of the picture, i still consider having all the other qust done on Elite a good accomplishment. Finding all the Rares and explorers in all the areas is a time consuming feat as well. The +3 Tomes, if completed, would have been a cool kicker too. If you have done it yourself, any of the three, I say congrats, its a BIG accomplishment. Doing all three, is a HUGE accomplishment in my book.Each method's legitimacy is a rather subjective measure.

IMO, the quest itself is illegitimate. The only time it wasn't - IMO - was when the puzzles were optional. The Abbot should be hard - REALLY hard... but not impossible to beat unless you play his way. In my not-so-humble opinion, the only time the Abbot raid wasn't completely borked was when Legion first beat it.

Of course, maybe I'm just ticked that I spend 74 major mana pots PROVING that he couldn't be killed w/o solving the puzzles, instead of just having a dev come out and say it.

ace_mason
09-19-2008, 10:20 AM
I think "that" is referring to the fact that a LOT of people have Elite completion of the Abbot, but not a lot have actually completed Elite in the form the quest currently exists (i.e. brute-force method will not work at all - sorry Legion - and exploits are/were not used).

Essentially, your screenshot proves you were around for the completion, but says nothing to the quality of that completion.

I don't know if there is a way to prove that it was legitimately beaten.

...at least that's what I think was being insinuated...

Is brute force not legitmate?

Talon_Moonshadow
09-19-2008, 10:35 AM

don't forget you can always run shroud for ingredients for your other characters. I myself just finished my 40th run in shroud and didn't get either of the +3 tomes I was needing (wis and dex) but it didn't hurt all that much since I already have +2's in those spots.

You beat the Abbot on normal?! And found a group that could open and complete it on elite?!

I hate you! :p

No one will do the Abbot.
No one will invite my mutt build to do VoD.
No one will try the Hound on anything greater than Normal.
No one will do the Shroud on Elite. (got it on hard though)

But, other than that, I got it all done too.

I don't raid much though. Little raid loot and no +3 tomes. Only pulled one +2 Tome that I remember. (Shroud on hard!)

grats.

Edit: Oh, I don't have all the rares/explorers/slayer stufff though. I want it, but I also want Xp for it. I'll do some more when the cap is raised.

frugal_gourmet
09-19-2008, 10:53 AM
That actually sounds awesome. I'm impressed.

Pallol_One-Eye
09-19-2008, 11:05 AM
I personally find it an impressive feat. Not only the Raids on elite, but the amount of time grinding in the slayer areas. I find my Sorc used to be out in the Necro and Vale for explorers and a general loot run. Now, in anticipation of the lvl cap going up with MOD 9 in Jan/Feb, I totally avoid there areas. I have just shy of 100 kills total in both areas to get an a$$load of xp that I would rather use than squander.

I would like to eventually cap my favor, trolling at 2578 right now, but the motivation to get away from Raid grinding just is not there for me.

Did you get most of the favor done solo, or did you have more of a dedicated group to help? The reason I ask is when I finally do get around to it, I should figure out what is easiest for me I guess.

Anyway, grats on the accomplishment. Hopefully you will complete your +3 tome set soon!

Borror0
09-19-2008, 11:06 AM
What a lost of +3 tomes...

Talon_Moonshadow
09-19-2008, 11:33 AM
I personally find it an impressive feat. Not only the Raids on elite, but the amount of time grinding in the slayer areas. I find my Sorc used to be out in the Necro and Vale for explorers and a general loot run. Now, in anticipation of the lvl cap going up with MOD 9 in Jan/Feb, I totally avoid there areas. I have just shy of 100 kills total in both areas to get an a$$load of xp that I would rather use than squander.

I would like to eventually cap my favor, trolling at 2578 right now, but the motivation to get away from Raid grinding just is not there for me.

Did you get most of the favor done solo, or did you have more of a dedicated group to help? The reason I ask is when I finally do get around to it, I should figure out what is easiest for me I guess.

Anyway, grats on the accomplishment. Hopefully you will complete your +3 tome set soon!

In my case I jump into any LFM I see for favor that I need. Solo low lvl stuff. And I've two manned a lot of quests with a friend of mine.

Had to put up my own LFM a few times. Like GoP on elite.......
But the few I have left are raids that I am not comfortible leading. And they are also the hardests quests in the game too. Plus with raids people just want the easy loot. They don't want to struggle for it.......... :(

shane1122
09-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Doing all three, is a HUGE accomplishment in my book.

Congrats Oogly and well done. Ignore the critics and trolls. Those of us that run with you know your caliber.
-Shane

Turial
09-19-2008, 12:06 PM

Peace!

Gah,
You beat me to it Oogly. Nice work on all those accomplishments. I know just how long and how much effort it takes to gather all of it together.

/salute

Now I just have to beat the abbot, harry, and sally and I can join in all the fun.

kingfisher
09-19-2008, 12:13 PM
gratz Oog! dont these people know its abbot month?

kamimitsu
09-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Nice job, Ooog! I always like running in your groups.

Now, let's make some more morning VoDs happen on Ghallanda; I need rogue gear!!!!!

Aeneas
09-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Very cool bro,

too bad it's on a fighter :p, jk, good on ya!

Leyoni
09-19-2008, 12:30 PM
I, for one, am impressed. A lot of commitment to the game by a very competent player. It is an accomplishment that is worthy of emulation and a pat on the back is well deserved.

Congratulations.

smatt
09-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Nice Ooogly...... I'm missing the Abbot on favor, and a coupel of the threnals..... Why I have no idea... I should go do those :). Also have 100% of the rares, and explorers, but only 3 +3 tomes :(. I'd say it's a great achievement to have everything 100% complete. I'm sure you'll get that last +3 tome soon.

Peace out bro!