PDA

View Full Version : Please... for the love of Gary Gigax... fix these...

aemulus
09-02-2008, 11:19 AM
More dmg spells for squishies for every spell level, and enhanment type (more acid/elec ... more fire/cold ... more force/repair)... dunno why force is with repair, but meh.

An auction house that only hits you up once per item for gp/pp

Something to carry reagents in... a magical bag that removes the weight. Why should I build my squishy with strength just to carry components. You did it for arrows... can even hold larger stacks.

Do something about being forced to equip something in order to use it. AKA Wands / Quickies / etc. Armor especially.

Add a search engine to the auction house. So if someone is looking for something by stat, or by partial description, or even a certain + value, it doesn't take hours.

Stop making things more impossible. Example, no reason a lvl 16 rogue with Advanced Evasion should die in a lightning trap. If you want the traps to deal almost 300-400dps, allow more hp, higher resistance, etc, so they are more survivable.

Add force resistance to the resistance / protection spell.

Fix broken jars, etc, so they don't spawn pots, and gems and such in the walls / blocked areas.

Change the collision so it isn't square on round objects / pillars / cliffs.

Fix feather fall so that if you bump into something, you don't drift out of control.

Lower the hit points of some monsters. Why does a cr12 spider have over 1000hp, can cast every spell under the sun and have really high fort saves ?

Limit monsters to a spell point pool.

Fix paralysis / flesh to stone , etc so that monsters aren't still running around and attacking people while the monster is paralyzed / stoned / dancing / etc.

Let haste stack with striding +30% .... Haste = +40% , so why it doesn't stack is beyond me. And I am so tired of watching monks run off into the sunset... while they are in sneak mode!!!

-------

Just a couple more notes... Sorcerers are CHA based... and.. um... magical... i believe... so... why is a CHA based item (UMD), penalized on all classes except one that has no CHA .... Rogue ?... and is also non-magical. Isn't this breaking some D&D rule somewhere... where UMD is not penalized ?... I don't know because I never played PnP.. but it really has no logic to it, and since the game is logical, presuming this does not make any sense, I can also presume this would be going against some sort of rule.

And come on.... 0.5 points allowed to spend in it per level... lol

Well... thats most of my ranting. Overall, the game is the best out there, but these things do need to get fixed. Have some of your LOTRO team come over and spend a week, or so, and all should be well if they are not the lazy devs that other mmo's have. (crossing fingers)

cdbd3rd
09-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Blasphemy!!!! Thou takest the name of the Great Allfather EGG in vain!

/whispers "Gygax" ;)

LOL!

I too want my coppers to stop falling into the walls/pillars. (especially when it just happens to be a Returner that dropped...)

aemulus
09-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Blasphemy!!!! Thou takest the name of the Great Allfather EGG in vain!

/whispers "Gygax" ;)

LOL!

I too want my coppers to stop falling into the walls/pillars. (especially when it just happens to be a Returner that dropped...)

lol... coppers i usually leave.... its the mnemonics, and restoration, cure serious.... and yes... the returners... hehe

I was reading someone elses post the other day where they ate the cake of wishes in a quest, and the Shrine appeared inside the wall... >.< ... i wonder if they got their cake back...

Silverjade
09-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Something to carry reagents in... a magical bag that removes the weight. Why should I build my squishy with strength just to carry components. You did it for arrows... can even hold larger stacks.
These are being worked on.
Do something about being forced to equip something in order to use it. AKA Wands / Quickies / etc. Armor especially.
Why would you not have to put on gear/wands ect to use them?
Add a search engine to the auction house. So if someone is looking for something by stat, or by partial description, or even a certain + value, it doesn't take hours.
Would be nice.
Stop making things more impossible. Example, no reason a lvl 16 rogue with Advanced Evasion should die in a lightning trap. If you want the traps to deal almost 300-400dps, allow more hp, higher resistance, etc, so they are more survivable.
Don't roll ones i havent seen a trap do over 200 yet.
Pnp does not add force rest when casting fire ect.

Fix feather fall so that if you bump into something, you don't drift out of control.
Depends on what it is a wall why would you not drift off?.

Let haste stack with striding +30% .... Haste = +40% , so why it doesn't stack is beyond me. And I am so tired of watching monks run off into the sunset... while they are in sneak mode!!!
Aginst pnp rules to do that they are both enchments to boost speed.
-------

Just a couple more notes... Sorcerers are CHA based... and.. um... magical... i believe... so... why is a CHA based item (UMD), penalized on all classes except one that has no CHA .... Rogue ?... and is also non-magical. Isn't this breaking some D&D rule somewhere... where UMD is not penalized ?... I don't know because I never played PnP.. but it really has no logic to it, and since the game is logical, presuming this does not make any sense, I can also presume this would be going against some sort of rule.
Not on class skill list.
Thats CC skills for you.
Well... thats most of my ranting. Overall, the game is the best out there, but these things do need to get fixed. Have some of your LOTRO team come over and spend a week, or so, and all should be well if they are not the lazy devs that other mmo's have. (crossing fingers)

Replies in teal.

hydra_ex
09-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Replies in teal.

Being creative, arent we :)

Silverjade
09-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Being creative, arent we :)
That i did not use red? red is are to read for me wouldnt be able to see what id be typing :D.

Denssor
09-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Seems to me that you want the game to be super easy and with no challenge. Traps should nearly kill you, and with your rouge can't get past them, then your rouge as a low reflex which makes him useless for traps.

I'm not sure if you want more spells or every spell deals more damage. If it's more spells, then yes I agree. If it's more damage, then I disagree, I'm not what more do you want. Casters can PK and FoD pretty much anything if you build them right, and CoC deals 400+ damage as it is, FW deals about 150+ every round, Scorching Ray hits about 30 on each ray, so I dont know why they need to deal more damage.

Force traps/spells are supossed to be unstopable. Your supossed to be able to use MM on any monster with no worries. As soon as the Dev's add force resist/protect MM would be a waste of a spell, because then enimies would be able to stop your MM that are supossed to hit everything.

I also don't understand why we need to lower monsters HP. If you got a good group they die pretty fast, and with a vorpal, disrutor, and a smiter, most things die before they get to half. And if your party doesn't have any of those, then yea it will be longer and slightly harder, but I've seen it done millions of times.

As far as your CHA UMD question, skills are based on the class, not the stats they mainly use. Like fighters and intimidate, fighters don't have high CHA, but intimidate is a CHA based skill. So your Sorcerer could have a 50+ intimidate, but what's the point of that? That's about as far as I can help you with that question.

aemulus
09-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Seems to me that you want the game to be super easy and with no challenge. Traps should nearly kill you, and with your rouge can't get past them, then your rouge as a low reflex which makes him useless for traps.

I'm not sure if you want more spells or every spell deals more damage. If it's more spells, then yes I agree. If it's more damage, then I disagree, I'm not what more do you want. Casters can PK and FoD pretty much anything if you build them right, and CoC deals 400+ damage as it is, FW deals about 150+ every round, Scorching Ray hits about 30 on each ray, so I dont know why they need to deal more damage.

Force traps/spells are supossed to be unstopable. Your supossed to be able to use MM on any monster with no worries. As soon as the Dev's add force resist/protect MM would be a waste of a spell, because then enimies would be able to stop your MM that are supossed to hit everything.

I also don't understand why we need to lower monsters HP. If you got a good group they die pretty fast, and with a vorpal, disrutor, and a smiter, most things die before they get to half. And if your party doesn't have any of those, then yea it will be longer and slightly harder, but I've seen it done millions of times.

As far as your CHA UMD question, skills are based on the class, not the stats they mainly use. Like fighters and intimidate, fighters don't have high CHA, but intimidate is a CHA based skill. So your Sorcerer could have a 50+ intimidate, but what's the point of that? That's about as far as I can help you with that question.

About the traps, no.. not my rogue... not high enough yet, but I have seen quite a few good pure rogues and monks with high saves take heavy dmg / die from elite traps. What makes the quest elite is that it is supposed to be two levels higher than normal. Instead of the traps doing a base dmg of lets say 60, or even 30 ... something any resist can take care of, the trap deals a base dmg of between 200 and 400 , and depending on saves, etc, if you take any damage from the trap, it is usually a 1 hit kill. Sometimes 2-3 hits... depending on how much hp and armor you are wearing... unless you are a rogue / monk, then light armor.

For the spells... More spells. The spells do a decent amount of dmg, but being there are not very many spells of a particular focus (aka enhancement specializations like fire/cold ... acid/elec)... im stuck with more buffing spells.. could of cc, and very little to do any dmg... speaking of... why do Golems "save" against disintigrate ?... 30dmg is a far cry from the occasional 370dmg.. even if thats a crit.. and for a higher lvl spell.. :S

As for force resist, yes, there is a resistance to it.. but not the traps... and a lot of higher level monsters starting as early as cr8 use the same spell to block any force dmg from mm / fm. Shield or Nightshield offer immunity to force spells, however it doesn't work on a force trap... so u see where i am coming from with this.

Speaking of FoD .. it is pretty sad that maxed out spell pen... including (why this is max pen item for lvl 7 is beyond me) ... spell pen vii scepter (greater spell pen + all spell pen enhancements + spell pen vii scepter .. since there is no Greater spell pen vii or viii item in existance).... as i was saying... maxed out pen... and FoD fails at around 70&#37; more than a FtS .. which is the EXACT SAME SAVE.... Fortitude!!!... and PK sucks if you have FoD btw.. ;).... PK = Will + Fort Save ... FoD = Fort Save. But yes... like i said... i don't care much about the dps... it's fine... when i don't get a "target is out of range" while standing in front of it with it selected.

And yes, Vorpal, disrupter, smiter... those are all nice, but again.. i ask... why does a cr12 have over 1000hp . Just because it isn't a player ?.. Monsters should be limited to spell points and hp as they follow the same rules. Why can a cr12 cast constantly for 30 min solid with all metamagics enabled, and not run out of spell points. Can ogres stay constantly raged, which allows them to make every single hit a crit with extended range far beyond what the Keen feat allows ? Sorry. Not asking for the game to be made easy. Just fair. Fair = fun.

About the CHA UMD stuff... Again, I ask, why is UMD a cross class feat for sorc. From my understanding of original D&D, UMD was for anyone. And it was not a cross-class skill except for non-magical classes. Why does a magical class have Repair and Concentration being the ONLY non cross-class skills, when UMD should not be as sorcs / wizzys / bards / and clerics are also magical. But THE ONLY CLASS who has it as a non-cross class skill, is rogue... about as non-magical as you can get. Just asking it be fixed, or clarified to me where the logic is, as it makes absolutely no sense. Makes as much sense as the Warforged only Disease immunity belt i found >.<

----

not only that, but there is an invisible limit as to how many points you can spend... aka.. you have 20 points to spend, put 0.5 in umd... opps... can't put any more... ok... 1 to concentration... omg... can't put any more there either... *** ? i still have 18 points to spend... why ?... useless if i can't put them where i want.

Dracolich
09-02-2008, 12:23 PM
About the CHA UMD stuff... Again, I ask, why is UMD a cross class feat for sorc. From my understanding of original D&D, UMD was for anyone. And it was not a cross-class skill except for non-magical classes. Why does a magical class have Repair and Concentration being the ONLY non cross-class skills, when UMD should not be as sorcs / wizzys / bards / and clerics are also magical. But THE ONLY CLASS who has it as a non-cross class skill, is rogue... about as non-magical as you can get. Just asking it be fixed, or clarified to me where the logic is, as it makes absolutely no sense. Makes as much sense as the Warforged only Disease immunity belt i found >.<

----

not only that, but there is an invisible limit as to how many points you can spend... aka.. you have 20 points to spend, put 0.5 in umd... opps... can't put any more... ok... 1 to concentration... omg... can't put any more there either... *** ? i still have 18 points to spend... why ?... useless if i can't put them where i want.

Prior to 3.0 edition D&D there was no UMD. However DDO uses the 3.5 system which has UMD which is a cross classed skill for sorcs. Why it is this way I can only speculate. Sorcs are natural arcanes having to never study anything wereas other arcane classes and non arcane classes are centered around using devices to meet their ends. You really should post this question on the WoTC boards as those are the people who invented the rules we use in that area.

As far as points per skill I think the base is 4+level max in each skill crossclased is half that. It takes 2 points to get 1 in a crossed class so you cannot use .5 of a point in a crossclassed skill since it would essentially give you nothing but .25 which I agree over the course of 4 levels would equal a point but your level 10 guy could not have more then 5 points in UMD I believe. not 5.5 or 5.25

VonBek
09-02-2008, 12:25 PM
* Fix broken jars, etc, so they don't spawn pots, and gems and such in the walls / blocked areas.

Isn't this breaking some D&D rule somewhere... where UMD is not penalized ?... I don't know because I never played PnP.

I too have suffered my coppers rolling under the sofa....

DoctorWhofan
09-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Shield. Nightshield is my Force Resistance.

Traps are suppose to be tough. In fact, correct me if I am wrong, they raised the damage they do on elite. It's called Rogue love.

There are already complaints about overpowered casters. You think they need to widen the gap?

Gear/ wand should be on you to be used. It would be like carrying around a +5 Vorpal Greatsword of Uberness in your backpack but have a wand in your hand. Are we suppose to assume that you are attacking with the greatsword withouit swinging? Or use a wand that is in your backpack without dropping your weapon? Doesn't make any sense.

The skill list is right out of PnP, including the class restrictions. Actually, Sorcerers in PnP don't really study for their magic, it comes naturally. UMD is a nod for those who are clever with devices and study alot.

Featherfall is what is on the tin. Feathers don't have control of their desent, neither should you. Be gratful that Stormreach has pretty good weather.

I agree with the fact something drops into a wall, it's gone. That needs to be fixed. However, not on my high priority list.

Haste does not need to stack. It's only running part you are complaining about and outside some rats, Haste will outpace everything anything in the game.

Monks are special. They have gifts other classes don't.

Not every monster has 1000 HP, however, this addressed in another thread. Casting Mobs cannot cast everything. They tend to be limited to 2-4 spells at lower levels, and 10-12 at higher. FORT save? Apparently you haven't taken a Mob caster out or there is something wrong with your caster's build. While I don't kill everyone, I can kill most with FORT save spells. Why? cuz they are squishie! Also, they cast all the time is to make up for the fact they don't have a human playing them. So they have unlimited spell points.

Component Bags are in work, and have been for some time.

Freeman
09-02-2008, 12:40 PM

Um, haven't you heard of a class called the Bard? They are charisma-based, and they get UMD as a class skill. Also, the first rule about magic is that is is NOT logical. If you start trying to throw logic into it, you'll just get into an endless death spiral. In 3.X PnP, there were no exclusive skills. Any class could spend skill points on any skill, but non-class skills cost more. If you want to apply logic, wizards are more likely to have UMD as a class skill than sorcerers, because they are supposed to be the scholars of magic, with better knowledge of how the magic actually works. Sorcerers just get angry and things start blowing up ;)

Sue_Dark
09-02-2008, 12:42 PM

Traps are suppose to be tough. In fact, correct me if I am wrong, they raised the damage they do on elite. It's called Rogue love.

There are already complaints about overpowered casters. You think they need to widen the gap?

Gear/ wand should be on you to be used. It would be like carrying around a +5 Vorpal Greatsword of Uberness in your backpack but have a wand in your hand. Are we suppose to assume that you are attacking with the greatsword withouit swinging? Or use a wand that is in your backpack without dropping your weapon? Doesn't make any sense.

The skill list is right out of PnP, including the class restrictions. Actually, Sorcerers in PnP don't really study for their magic, it comes naturally. UMD is a nod for those who are clever with devices and study alot.

Featherfall is what is on the tin. Feathers don't have control of their desent, neither should you. Be gratful that Stormreach has pretty good weather.

I agree with the fact something drops into a wall, it's gone. That needs to be fixed. However, not on my high priority list.

Haste does not need to stack. It's only running part you are complaining about and outside some rats, Haste will outpace everything anything in the game.

Not every monster has 1000 HP, however, this addressed in another thread. Casting Mobs cannot cast everything. They tend to be limited to 2-4 spells at lower levels, and 10-12 at higher. FORT save? Apparently you haven't taken a Mob caster out or there is something wrong with your caster's build. While I don't kill everyone, I can kill most with FORT save spells. Why? cuz they are squishie! Also, they cast all the time is to make up for the fact they don't have a human playing them. So they have unlimited spell points.

Mostly agreed, except to add that they increased the damage of traps on all difficulties, normal is painful, but minor. Hard is significantly more painful, but if you dont linger, you can survive (unless you are an 8 con caster w/no evasion or dex) and elite traps.... deadly at long last. I love watching that bazillion hp melee type zerg thru the trap and barely (if at all) make it through.

<If that bazillion hp melee type really iritates me, my rogue will drop grease in the trap to see how good the fool's reflexes really are ;) >

aemulus
09-02-2008, 12:55 PM

I would love to review my build with you, and see if there are any more invisible enhancements or feats that i can add to it to increase spell pen. Like I was saying about the Fort stuff.... um... u might have misread something, I was saying I can't pen through fort, in fact quite the contrary, and I am not the only squishie who has noticed this. FoD = Fort Save .... FtS = Fort Save ... why... when rolling any number.... some mobs just constantly resist ... 20 rolls in a row... something i can nail in 1-3 tries usually.... but the same mob... cast FtS .. .works no problem... what I am saying is that I don't think their fortitude save is working correctly, or that FoD is slightly broken. It was working fine two weeks ago with marginal failure. And since that update, the failure rate is ********.

Bekki
09-02-2008, 12:58 PM
I too aggree with fixing the Breakables,

I hate seeing a +? returner Spawn only
to watch in Horror as it Spawns IN a Column! :eek:

I am not much for mages so I cannot really comment on spells for Mages as such.
But I do play a cleric and I seem to get along ok as is so, I honestly don't know.

But for the Most part I have to Say I aggree with DrWhofan...

Wands should have to be equipped sorry but I agree with this.
it is in the Rules, Do you truly belive that a Ranger or Paladin should be able Wand heal...
While wielding a GreatSWORD!? :eek:

Methinks....NO.

as to the traps...

Traps are supposed to be deadly.
But on this I may be Jaded...

I have Played many rogues in P&P and I have a DM (or Two)
who had a passion for Grimtooths Traps! :eek:

Lets just say...They're Bad. :eek:

And It is in the rules that you may only have ONE haste in effect at a time.

Just be gald they didn't implement the TWO YEAR AGING effect that is in Pen and Paper! :eek:

Oh by the way... for elves it is THIRTY YEARS! :eek:

and as to Monks Doc is right there too,
Yes they can run fast... but I use a Candy cane on my monk and I am Uncentered! :confused:
They do have their drawbacks to so I belive it all balances out.

Every Race, class and GAME has it's Pros and Cons...

But I belive Turbine is doing all they can to be as fair as possible to everyone...

DoctorWhofan
09-02-2008, 01:02 PM
I would love to review my build with you, and see if there are any more invisible enhancements or feats that i can add to it to increase spell pen. Like I was saying about the Fort stuff.... um... u might have misread something, I was saying I can't pen through fort, in fact quite the contrary, and I am not the only squishie who has noticed this. FoD = Fort Save .... FtS = Fort Save ... why... when rolling any number.... some mobs just constantly resist ... 20 rolls in a row... something i can nail in 1-3 tries usually.... but the same mob... cast FtS .. .works no problem... what I am saying is that I don't think their fortitude save is working correctly, or that FoD is slightly broken. It was working fine two weeks ago with marginal failure. And since that update, the failure rate is ********.

I was thinking cleric. I believe Destruction is is a FORT save, and with only a Greater Spell pen item and +3 from enhancements, I can kill roughly 50% of the mobs on elite in the Vale quests. I dunno what I am missing on. BTW my cleric is 16 capped with a WIS of 32. I don't (or try not to) use Destruction on tanking Mobs. The party can handle them, or greater command. I do try to take out casters in the back. Seems to work on Banishment, too. Clerics like the Vale!

Seacog
09-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Quite a few of you claim that elite traps are deadly, i say they are a minor nuisance at best. Seacog has NEVER been slain by a single trap no matter the difficulty. He simply has too much hp, AND he wears spiked boots, so keep that grease to yourself, we got enough in our gears! the worst i have been hit by a single trap on elite was 312+ 316 damage both failed reflex saves which left me with 104 hp still i then laughed, and told everyone to beware of the trap, the cleric healed me, everyone else timed thbeir way through the trap and we perservered. <there was no rogue do disable, which is why i was first, the cleric was cool with the idea, i think he just wanted to see if i was as tough as i claimed>

DoctorWhofan
09-02-2008, 01:06 PM
I too aggree with fixing the Breakables,

I hate seeing a +? returner Spawn only
to watch in Horror as it Spawns IN a Column! :eek:

I am not much for mages so I cannot really comment on spells for Mages as such.
But I do play a cleric and I seem to get along ok as is so, I honestly don't know.

But for the Most part I have to Say I aggree with DrWhofan...

Wands should have to be equipped sorry but I agree with this.
it is in the Rules, Do you truly belive that a Ranger or Paladin should be able Wand heal...
While wielding a GreatSWORD!? :eek:

Methinks....NO.

as to the traps...

Traps are supposed to be deadly.
But on this I may be Jaded...

I have Played many rogues in P&P and I have a DM (or Two)
who had a passion for Grimtooths Traps! :eek:

Lets just say...They're Bad. :eek:

And It is in the rules that you may only have ONE haste in effect at a time.

Just be gald they didn't implement the TWO YEAR AGING effect that is in Pen and Paper! :eek:

Oh by the way... for elves it is THIRTY YEARS! :eek:

and as to Monks Doc is right there too,
Yes they can run fast... but I use a Candy cane on my monk and I am Uncentered! :confused:
They do have their drawbacks to so I belive it all balances out.

Every Race, class and GAME has it's Pros and Cons...

But I belive Turbine is doing all they can to be as fair as possible to everyone...

I think they are going to fix the unbalencing thing-ee with wands and monks next mod.

Forgot about the age thing with Haste!!! There be alot of elderly tanks and casters. Stormreach: Retirement Village for Adventurers!

DoctorWhofan
09-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Quite a few of you claim that elite traps are deadly, i say they are a minor nuisance at best. Seacog has NEVER been slain by a single trap no matter the difficulty. He simply has too much hp, AND he wears spiked boots, so keep that grease to yourself, we got enough in our gears! the worst i have been hit by a single trap on elite was 312+ 316 damage both failed reflex saves which left me with 104 hp still i then laughed, and told everyone to beware of the trap, the cleric healed me, everyone else timed thbeir way through the trap and we perservered. <there was no rogue do disable, which is why i was first, the cleric was cool with the idea, i think he just wanted to see if i was as tough as i claimed>

Good, however, that isn't the point of discussion. Traps should not to be easier cuz my my level 16 cleric with a low REFLEX can't make it through. That's why I heal Rogues.

Talon_Moonshadow
09-02-2008, 01:08 PM
About traps.

In the beforetime, no one feared traps. No one waited for rogues to disarm traps, or even invite rogues to parties.....even in quests with lots of traps.

Turbine "fixed" this.

Now......traps are the most damaging thing in the game.
Dragons and demi-gods pale in comparison to traps.

I am ok with this "IF" the trap can be disabled without taking damage, and "IF" it is not required to pass through the trap to complete the quest.

I am ok with random traps and high spot DCs. too.

But the current around the board, no thought given to game balance increase in trap damage is not right IMO.

Seacog
09-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Good, however, that isn't the point of discussion. Traps should not to be easier cuz my my level 16 cleric with a low REFLEX can't make it through. That's why I heal Rogues.

yea i wasn't agreeeing they should be made easier, they are perfect the way they are. As a barbarian i am @%$& proud of how i can survive one or even two failed saves on my way though the trap without dying. And, though it's kinda messed up, I like watching other barbarians/fighters/monks/rangers/rogues try to go through and get annihilated. I think they are perfect just the way they are. A GOOD trap should hurt me pretty badly, but unless its a pitfall trap, It shouldn't stop my 680hp build from running through and surviving.. unless it has like 12 blades... more blades would be bad... <shudders>

DoctorWhofan
09-02-2008, 01:19 PM
yea i wasn't agreeeing they should be made easier, they are perfect the way they are. As a barbarian i am @%$& proud of how i can survive one or even two failed saves on my way though the trap without dying. And, though it's kinda messed up, I like watching other barbarians/fighters/monks/rangers/rogues try to go through and get annihilated. I think they are perfect just the way they are. A GOOD trap should hurt me pretty badly, but unless its a pitfall trap, It shouldn't stop my 680hp build from running through and surviving.. unless it has like 12 blades... more blades would be bad... <shudders>

Ypu know, you might gave some dev an idea for a trap. :D

Seacog
09-02-2008, 01:20 PM
ah <explicit deletive> well, lets hope they are illiterate or else have me on ignore hm?

Talon_Moonshadow
09-02-2008, 01:22 PM

The devs made many high lvl mobs immune to echantment spells.

This may be what you are noticing.

aemulus
09-02-2008, 01:29 PM
I was thinking cleric. I believe Destruction is is a FORT save, and with only a Greater Spell pen item and +3 from enhancements, I can kill roughly 50% of the mobs on elite in the Vale quests. I dunno what I am missing on. BTW my cleric is 16 capped with a WIS of 32. I don't (or try not to) use Destruction on tanking Mobs. The party can handle them, or greater command. I do try to take out casters in the back. Seems to work on Banishment, too. Clerics like the Vale!

Just a question... how do you have a Greater Spell Pen VII item ? This doesn't exist! .... highest Greater Spell Pen is VI ... and since destruction is VII .. if you are weilding a greater spell pen item, it is not having an effect on your destruction spell.

DoctorWhofan
09-02-2008, 01:30 PM
The devs made many high lvl mobs immune to echantment spells.

This may be what you are noticing.

I do not believe foD is an enchantment, neither is FtS. But I am a bit rusty with the caster stuff. Clerical doom and all. :D But you are right, enchantment resistance is raised.

cappuccino
09-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Going back to the OP's point on this, Sorcs are Arcane castors and as far as I have seen have available to them every arcane spell as wizzies do (just chant change as easily, nor gain at the same time/rate). Therefore, what they require UMD for is DIVINE based spells and non racial/alignment items and as Arcane purests they should not have as easy a time to beable to UMD as easaily as Bards (who do have some divine based spells in their arcane arsenal as jack of all trades) or as Rogues who are based on intelligence and spend time studying to be able to use devices (as mentioned before by others better than i could).

DoctorWhofan
09-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Just a question... how do you have a Greater Spell Pen VII item ? This doesn't exist! .... highest Greater Spell Pen is VI ... and since destruction is VII .. if you are weilding a greater spell pen item, it is not having an effect on your destruction spell.

Then I am far better than I thought. Or it is not Greater Spell pen. Sorry, I can't check right now due to log in issues. But I will get back to you. In either case, the results are the same for me.

Vordax
09-02-2008, 02:18 PM

Try reading: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/Usemagicdevice.htm

This is the description and uses of the UMD skill in PNP. A rogue (jack of all trades/skill monkey) can be trained to "emulate a warforged", why would this be natural for a sorcerer (a pure untrained arcane caster)?

Vordax

Venar
09-02-2008, 02:44 PM

YES.

We currently have a clown on Ghallanda filling the AH with sinle Lilly petals and Husks. Since all ingredients are lvl 1, you cant filter them out. Good luck finding a Large Arrow, there is 25 pages of Lilly petals.

Kistilan
09-02-2008, 02:59 PM
About traps.

In the beforetime, no one feared traps. No one waited for rogues to disarm traps, or even invite rogues to parties.....even in quests with lots of traps.

Turbine "fixed" this.

Now......traps are the most damaging thing in the game.
Dragons and demi-gods pale in comparison to traps.

I would rather disarm an elite trap than solo Velah on elite. Dragons are still > than traps upon immediate return as a rogue.

I am ok with this "IF" the trap can be disabled without taking damage, and "IF" it is not required to pass through the trap to complete the quest.

I am ok with random traps and high spot DCs. too.

But the current around the board, no thought given to game balance increase in trap damage is not right IMO.

In the spirit of what D&D was, traps were an essential part of the dungeon and avoiding them was a party's goal. To find a trap erroneously was to quite possibly lose every party member, or at least one, to certain death. The fact that a trap can kill you insantly is intentional and honestly it's watered down as it should kill a level 1 just as easily as a level 16. Say what you will, but the whirling blade should decapitate you, dismember your body, and be horrifying all at once. I believe falling into a pit of spikes should rend my body into a swiss-cheese like state.

Heck, even with fire resistance, I think a good "non-magical" explosion of fire should have a really good chance at burning my face off and if nothing else, choking me to death from the lack of oxygen in the immediate area. Elemental Resistance is a good way around some traps.

However, the physical traps should kill you immediately unless you've stoneskin or barkskin on to afford a protection against the trap (in which you should be stuck on the tip of a sharp pointy spike or pushed like a pinball around by whirling blades that continually cut the barkskin or stoneskin off your body.

My Caveat to everything here - if you can make a reflex save, that is always explainable that you were able to avoid said object, but damage should be 100&#37; fatal if you do land on the giant spikes 15' below you.

Kistilan
09-02-2008, 03:02 PM
I do not believe foD is an enchantment, neither is FtS. But I am a bit rusty with the caster stuff. Clerical doom and all. :D But you are right, enchantment resistance is raised.

To help ya out.

100% FoD is Necromancy.
FtS, I'm taking an educated guess, is Transmutation. I'll stick behind that 99%.

Taente
09-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Replies in teal.

The teal pleases me

T

cdbd3rd
09-02-2008, 03:07 PM
[COLOR=deepskyblue]However, the physical traps should kill you immediately unless you've stoneskin or barkskin on to afford a protection against the trap (in which you should be stuck on the tip of a sharp pointy spike or pushed like a pinball around by whirling blades that continually cut the barkskin or stoneskin off your body.

Now THAT would be funny as hell - and I'd refresh YouTube for hours waiting for the viddie to arrive. :D

Seacog
09-02-2008, 03:11 PM
However, the physical traps should kill you immediately unless you've stoneskin or barkskin on to afford a protection against the trap (in which you should be stuck on the tip of a sharp pointy spike or pushed like a pinball around by whirling blades that continually cut the barkskin or stoneskin off your body......

I don't have skin! I have plintanium alloy coating of trap resistance, they simply cut down to my adamantium bones and get stopped as i hobble out of the trap, demanding to be healed before rushing onwards in search of more traps to warn the party off...

Kistilan
09-02-2008, 03:52 PM
However, the physical traps should kill you immediately unless you've stoneskin or barkskin on to afford a protection against the trap (in which you should be stuck on the tip of a sharp pointy spike or pushed like a pinball around by whirling blades that continually cut the barkskin or stoneskin off your body......

I don't have skin! I have plintanium alloy coating of trap resistance, they simply cut down to my adamantium bones and get stopped as i hobble out of the trap, demanding to be healed before rushing onwards in search of more traps to warn the party off...

*LOL* Ok ok, and warforged get to take the PINBALL feat where non-elemental traps do not injure, only push them around, providing they are gifted with an adamantine or mithril body. And I would encourage every single one to run through the trap before my rogue disarmed it so I could watch a miracle of modern technology.

Of course, the other end of the sharp pointy stick is the warforged becomes stuck on top of a spike and requires a grease clickie to remove him (for once, useful!). I can hear it now.... "Halp! I've fallen, and I cannot get up!"

No Grease Clicke? Call a GM for assistance and wait on the big guy.

VonBek
09-02-2008, 03:53 PM
plintanium

:rolleyes:

Seacog
09-02-2008, 03:59 PM
yes! plintanium the new just found metal from the deep south where the gnomes roam! 1/2 platinum, 1/2 tin, and 1/2 adamantine, don't tell me thats impossible! Gnomes don't know the word impossible! And i have a self greasing port in my ....umm... you dont wanna go there...

Kistilan
09-02-2008, 04:49 PM
yes! plintanium the new just found metal from the deep south where the gnomes roam! 1/2 platinum, 1/2 tin, and 1/2 adamantine, don't tell me thats impossible! Gnomes don't know the word impossible! And i have a self greasing port in my ....umm... you dont wanna go there...

This idea brings "pull my finger" to a whole new level.

aemulus
09-03-2008, 03:40 AM
Going back to the OP's point on this, Sorcs are Arcane castors and as far as I have seen have available to them every arcane spell as wizzies do (just chant change as easily, nor gain at the same time/rate). Therefore, what they require UMD for is DIVINE based spells and non racial/alignment items and as Arcane purests they should not have as easy a time to beable to UMD as easaily as Bards (who do have some divine based spells in their arcane arsenal as jack of all trades) or as Rogues who are based on intelligence and spend time studying to be able to use devices (as mentioned before by others better than i could).

Well... as an "ARCANE" purist ... why are the majority of the spells available ... NON-ARCANE ....

If you want... I can provide two complete lists sorted... Arcane spells.... and non-arcane spells.

And yes, I agree wholeheartedly, Wizards should have more access to UMD than sorcs, if there is to be a specific class for it. Rogue makes no sense.

However, UMD as a skill for magical beings, should not be penalized, and ... point distribution should not have invisible caps set on them in addition to the cross-class limitation.... to clarify::

Cross-Class Limits = OK
Cross-Class Limits + Invisible Limit = NOT OK

Whatever points you have available to distribute, should be allowed to put in any skill you want, with or without penalties.

It is simply not cool to have 20 points to spend, and are only allowed to allocate 1 point to Concentration, 1 point to repair, and 0.5 to UMD (because it won't let you spend any more than that in those skills) leaving u with 17points to distribute in "junk" or "useless" skills.

If a sorc wants to nerf their toon and have 50 Intimidate ... that is their choice. Or have 100 concentration... again... that is their choice. The game should not impose this additional "invisible" limit at the very least.

Hvymetal
09-03-2008, 05:16 AM
There is no additional invisible limit, try going back and reading the 3.5 rules on which this game is based.

And you have yet to show why a Sorc, who does not study, spells just come naturally to him should have greater access to UMD....

UMD reflects knowledge about command/activation words/phrases, different forms of activating magical items, ect.

HeavenlyCloud
09-03-2008, 05:38 AM

Maybe you are a little confused, Spell Pen does not help your DC, it helps you overcome the target Spell Resistance, if you want to help your FoD try using a Necromancy Scepter/Mace that will raise your DC by 1 :).

Aesop
09-03-2008, 05:44 AM
More dmg spells for squishies for every spell level, and enhanment type (more acid/elec ... more fire/cold ... more force/repair)... dunno why force is with repair, but meh.

Always like more Spells... not just Damage Spells

An auction house that only hits you up once per item for gp/pp

Flat rates wouldn't be too bad I suppose

Yep. Last I heard they were working on that

um... all those examples make sense to have to be equip'd. So no. Now having some items that you can have in inventory and still give some benefit would be nice... the way many Wondrous Items should be.

WOuld be nice to have search functions

To an extent I can understand what you're saying... but making it so we need to gimp our selves to be effective is not the answer and more uber is just a trap

Hell no. There are some things that shouldn't be easy to deal with

Fix broken jars, etc, so they don't spawn pots, and gems and such in the walls / blocked areas.

Would be nice

Change the collision so it isn't square on round objects / pillars / cliffs.

Would be nice

Lower the hit points of some monsters. Why does a cr12 spider have over 1000hp, can cast every spell under the sun and have really high fort saves ?

There are some Mob issues I agree

Limit monsters to a spell point pool.

It'd get boring. But a little more judicious discretion in there casting would be nice... maybe have them on a cooldown system where certain spells take a longer time to recast... ie ten seconds between fireballs. while 30sec between CKs

Fix paralysis / flesh to stone , etc so that monsters aren't still running around and attacking people while the monster is paralyzed / stoned / dancing / etc.

Would be nice

No they are the same type of bonus and as such shouldn't stack. Not sure wht the issue is about the mnks though

-------

Yes it does go against the basic rules of the game. the Rogues biggest advantage is his skills while a sorceror is an innate caster... devices just puzzle them for the most part

comments in RED

Aesop