PDA

View Full Version : Need something to spend money on

artvan_delet
09-01-2008, 01:44 AM
Time for the devs to think of some serious money sinks. For guilds that shroud, hound, VOD, reaver - 24 x 7, and players alike, we need guild housing or painted armor or something to spend plat on. Im not bragging nor posting my gold, but i think it would help the overall economy if turbine found some significant money expenditures. This is not a thread about people braggin about how rich they are, so save it. It's a post about whether we think it's time for the devs to find big money expenditures and whether that's a good idea. Thanks.

Jay203
09-01-2008, 01:52 AM
we could do server upgrade donations =)
people can donate to a fund that upgrades the server they're on
upgrades can be added vendors, AH, Bank in various places; better looking buildings; more teleporters to different places (i.e Gianthold, the twelve, meredia, desert); and stuff like that
amounts needed should be in the trillion plats :P and everyone can donate the money into the upgrade they wish

BurningDownTheHouse
09-01-2008, 02:17 AM
Time for the devs to think of some serious money sinks. For guilds that shroud, hound, VOD, reaver - 24 x 7, and players alike, we need guild housing or painted armor or something to spend plat on. Im not bragging nor posting my gold, but i think it would help the overall economy if turbine found some significant money expenditures. This is not a thread about people braggin about how rich they are, so save it. It's a post about whether we think it's time for the devs to find big money expenditures and whether that's a good idea. Thanks.

Not a good idea imo, sorry.
It means that casual players who dont have all the plat they could possibly want, will actually be VISIBLY inferior.
In no time at all, if you don't have a painted armor, you wont be accepted in groups because you're obviously not "uber".
If your guild does'nt have a house in a prestigeus place, its obviously "lame".
No, if and when those things come, i think they should be atainable by all.
If you really need to waste plat, buy a few thing on AH and spread it in the harbor (or send it to me :)).

artvan_delet
09-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Not a good idea imo, sorry.
It means that casual players who dont have all the plat they could possibly want, will actually be VISIBLY inferior.
In no time at all, if you don't have a painted armor, you wont be accepted in groups because you're obviously not "uber".
If your guild does'nt have a house in a prestigeus place, its obviously "lame".
No, if and when those things come, i think they should be atainable by all.
If you really need to waste plat, buy a few thing on AH and spread it in the harbor (or send it to me :)).

I would like for everyone to be able to paint their armor, and every bard to be able to write her own song. so we agree there. I don't agree on guild housing. A big house doesnt mean you're uber, it just means you're rich. And the idea is to get money out of the economy, which turbine has already decided is a positive thing with the AH tax. People are not going to take 2 million plat and hand it out, people want to spend their money on something. I was thinking about a server investment, perhaps a central castle that everyone could donate to. But then one server might have a glorious castle, and another a poor one. maybe not so good for the game overall. Perhaps we could buy bricks in a road and put our names/quotes in the bricks. Then people would have funny things to read and we'd have something to spend it on.